SweetFx

Thanks all :peace:

rabican said:
@ SweetFx

Is that a custom knob? Its way cooler than the knob i got! :(
No it is a regular knob, just got lucky it is a very nice piece. The heat conver is also very nice with a little white in it. I asked for a black SSV/Green base/green glasses, not exactely what I was expecting but I really like it the way it is.

I also wanted to point out that 7th Floor's service is one of the best I even had. Response to emails within the 24h, and Richard has been very friendly for adding an aromatop to my order after everything had already been packed. Very reponsive and nice people !
SSV is top quality, glasses very thick. It is a piece of art :D
knob1.jpg

SweetFx,

B.

War Criminal
Random events led me to awesomeness :

So my cat Jables(think Tenacious D) has an ongoing battle with my SSV, don't ask me why but whenever it's on he is compelled to swat at the hot heater cover no matter how many times it burns him , and a couple of weeks ago he smacked the heater cover so hard it broke off just below where the bend begins.

I was mid session at the time, and was not about to let this slow me down, so using my trusty vice grip I removed the heater cover, moved the little metal shim dealy to jagged end where the heater cover broke, so now the smooth finished end that was once the bottom of the cover is now what I insert into my wand. This setup was fine with me because I use my wand like it's the bowl to my GonG, so the mechanincs of how I hit it are closer to a VHW than a table top whip hit. I've been using this heater cover setup since, with as good or better results.

Yesterday my landlord taped a note to my door warning that he will be doing maintenance on apts in the building, and his crew will be entering apartments, so I made sure so hide all my toys. Today is my first day off in almost 2 weeks, and I wanted to celebrate with a little wake n vape, but I hid my toys too well. My wand is MIA, but I found the unused glass bowl that came with my gong, and it just happened to make a perfect seal with the heater cover with just enough room to cram a .1 or so (I don't have a scale, just guessing). After fiddling with the temps a bit, I was getting instant, THICK vapor. As thick as any SSV hit I've seen thru a GonG.

If you've got a broken/extra heater cover, give this a try. It rocks.

B.,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
jimbo said:
daddygreenjeans said:
Sure wish Tokin was still around. He could talk to them for us :(
no doubt! wonder what ever happened to him?
He's still active on youtube. He did some nice stuff on 420. It's pretty easy to drop him an email in his channel.

Tom

tdavie,

guitarscreamngrowler

dude's im tellin you mini whip works great. it fits around little hole on standard perfect air tight just like ssv regular wand. and yes mini whips is much smaller and the diameter is way smaller. its like .2 or less bowl. an i got get 8-10 pretty big hits. its real sweet hhaha havin a mini whip. iv been hittin it for two days its real nice. im tellin you for 10 well worth it. its like they made it for ssv. and the hits are real thick if you go slower than normal but great hits.

guitarscreamngrowler,

smoking Joe

jimbo said:
daddygreenjeans said:
They need to make one... if they read the FC forums any they'd know there is a HUGE demand for smaller bowl wands.
I'd definitely grab one if 7th floor made 'em, hope they're checking out this thread!
If the 7th floor made one it may cost 80.00 vs 10.00. The diameter of the mini is 3/8" vs 1/2" for the 7th floor wand. I use the same size tubing and screens on the mini. I have the mini, standard and gg glass. The gg wand produces huge hits and seems to be a waste of vapor! I like to start on low heat and just turn it up a little after each hit. Start at 12:00 o clock and end at 1:00. Seems to make the bud last longer.:2c:

smoking Joe,

B.

War Criminal
guitarscreamngrowler said:
dude's im tellin you mini whip works great. it fits around little hole on standard perfect air tight just like ssv regular wand. and yes mini whips is much smaller and the diameter is way smaller. its like .2 or less bowl. an i got get 8-10 pretty big hits. its real sweet hhaha havin a mini whip. iv been hittin it for two days its real nice. im tellin you for 10 well worth it. its like they made it for ssv. and the hits are real thick if you go slower than normal but great hits.
I concur.

B.,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
Some motherfucker broke into my house and stole my SSV among other things. So, naturally, I had to buy another one.
I understand that since these are handcrafted, each may work slightly differently. However, with the first one I had I was getting perfect hits with the knob at about 12:15. With my new one, it needs to be at about 2:15 to get the same perfect hits.
Has anyone else ever experienced a large variation like this between different SSV's?

Nuphile,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Hey guys - guitarscreamngrowler, smoking Joe, and B thank you so much for totally without a doubt confirming that I need to get the mini. Payday can't come soon enough. Sucks that I just bought 10' of silicone tubing that will now be the WRONG size :( Maybe I can make it fit somehow.

*Fingers crossed the SSV cover they send me will fit my Buddha :o

daddygreenjeans,

Budmeister

Nuphile said:
Some motherfucker broke into my house and stole my SSV among other things. So, naturally, I had to buy another one.
I understand that since these are handcrafted, each may work slightly differently. However, with the first one I had I was getting perfect hits with the knob at about 12:15. With my new one, it needs to be at about 2:15 to get the same perfect hits.
Has anyone else ever experienced a large variation like this between different SSV's?
Each one is a bit different. I have had to replace my covers a couple of times, due to stupid breakage incidents, and I have noticed that there is a difference in my own optimum temp settings with each of the glass heater cover replacements.

These are hand made, so each heater is going to be a bit different. I have noticed that the thickness, size, angle and height of the heater covers have varied on each one I have gotten.

I had one heater cover where the top of the heating element was almost touching the top of the tube where it turns 90 degrees near the whip, but it's replacement had more space between the heating element and the top of the heater I am sure that all of these factors come into play with the temperature, but they all SSV's should work the same once you find the right setting for the unit.

I have had three heaters and my general knob settings have varied between about 1:00 and 2:30.. Your original 12:15 setting was one of the lower settings I have seen, while 2:15 seems relatively average. No big deal.

Budmeister,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
I have had three heaters and my general knob settings have varied between about 1:00 and 2:30.. Your original 12:15 setting was one of the lower settings I have seen, while 2:15 seems relatively average. No big deal.
Thanks for the very straightforward answer.

Nuphile,

whosgottheherb

I use my DBV from about 10 o clock to noon... temps are different on standards but similar for gong right?

I pulled my knob off and placed it so that it's off at 6:30 and is full heat at 5:30.

whosgottheherb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I just threw down for one of the mini whips and will let you know later what I think. For $10, why not?

stickstones,

rabican

stickstones said:
I just threw down for one of the mini whips and will let you know later what I think. For $10, why not?
True, keep us posted bro, again has anyone asked 7th floor if they plan on making one?
Thanks.

rabican,

matthewlorimer

First of all the best 300 bucks i've ever spent. And holy crap the resin in the tube gets you so f'ing high!

matthewlorimer,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Well, mini whip showed up today, as i was vaping my lunch break bowl. So i took some pictures of stuff and whatever.

First thing i noticed about it was that i hated the tubing, it was really stiff and just felt weird. So i grabbed my old fav 7th floor hose, the one thats straight as an arrow but still flexible. I knew the glass would be lighter than the standard wand, but wow, by quite a good bit, almost feels like plastic by comparison. Not a big deal though, seeing as how the price was right and i dont plan on abusing it.

Here's the obligatory side-by-side comparison:
100_2735.jpg

I tried dumping the almost-kicked bowl i had in the standard wand into the mini, to get an idea of how the same amount looks in it. What kinda sucked was that some got sucked thru/around the screen somehow. It seems to be getting around the sides in this picture
100_2746.jpg

The stuff was ground up a bit finer than normal, and i didnt even notice these bits in there until i looked at the pictures TBH. I think if I would have pushed the screen up with something from the bottom and made it expand a bit more, so that it was snugger on the edge, that less of this stuff would have gotten sucked though. I imagine they have to bend the screens quite a bit to get them in this little wand.

A nice little bowl i packed, topped with a little magic from my standard wand.
100_2761.jpg

This is a my fav little tool. Its out of a manicure set, and its perfect for a few things, like stirring a bowl up good, or taking little scoops, like when i top a bowl like in the previous picture.
100_2766.jpg

Anyways, my initial impression is that this is worth all of the $13 that it took to get it to me. Aside from the first partially-vaped bowl that i dumped into it, i didnt notice any more being sucked through. The fresh bowl went great, over a dozen really solid hits that were definitely easier and quicker to get, and more satisfying than they would have been in teh standard. I see myself using this on a daily basis for some time, reserving the standard wand for vaping with 3+ ppl and such.

steiner666,

rabican

steiner666, whats your impression of it? are you glad you bought it? does it work better?

Thanks.

Cool pics, btw i dont see the pic of your manicure tool...

rabican,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah i edited it. got distracted by a phone call and accidentally hit post b4 i was finished lol, i do that a lot. esp after stuff like wandhash :D Another thing i should mention is that i think this will def need to be cleaned by doing an iso shake+evap. The ends so narrow that i dont thing scraping will be possible. iso is much easier and effective anyway.

steiner666,

rabican

ah yah no worried, i do the same i just wanted to make sure you noticed since you said you just blazed ;)

I might pick one of these up, im going to wait a bit to see if 7th floor is going to release one (maybe ill email them)...

Im still waiting on the ehle diffuser (hopefully it comes this week) :)

rabican,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
steiner666 said:
^ what he said. :lol:

another thing i'm hoping is that, since the bowl is narrower and a bit shallower, that i'll be able to vape with my knob set lower. If i pack a small amount in the standard ssv wand, it wont be very full and the herb will be far away from the heater cover opening. packing that same amount in this mini whip should fill it more like half-way full, and that, along with the fact that its shallower overall, will bring the surface area closer to the heater, which should allow me to vape well w/ the knob closer to noon than 3'oclock.

but yeah, it's mainly so that i can hopefully use less herb w/o sacrificing quality of hits. i'll definitely be doing plenty of testing when it shows up mon/tues :brow:
So Steiner, you got the mini... you said it would be your new daily whip. How much less MJ do you think your using per bowl? Like maybe 1/2 of what you were using in the SSV bowl? So the hits are just as good as with the SSV wand?

One last thing... being that the wand is skinnier and stuff do the hits suffer?

Actually another last thing :) ... so you said you used your SSV tubing on the miniwhip? I'm assuming it fits over the whole wand just not the end then right?

Thank you sir :) :) :)

daddygreenjeans,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I think i need some more time with it to really be sure, i've only vaped one bowl through it so far, but that will change as soon as i get home to my ssv :D. The bowl i took a picture of in the mini (the one topped with wandhash) is about the normal amount that i vape when i'm by myself and its decent stuff. In the first picture, i have roughly the same amount loaded in the standard ssv bowl, although it has been vaped some so there was some mass lost there. I dont really plan to use less with the mini i guess, as much as to be able to get more satisfying hits off of that amount. But, to fill the standard ssv bowl as much as that mini was in the pic, i think you would need about 2x as much, maybe a bit less. I dont think tthe loads are a straight 50% smaller, i'd say they've been reduced by a third tho easily. we'll see how that effects my overall usage

As far as the hits go, they were very nice. The bowl really seems like it was designed for the SSV. It might have been the wandhash, but it just felt so much easier to get a nice satisfying hit than with the standard. Like with the standard i would have to take a full breath of air to get X amount of vapor. But with the mini i can take a significantly smaller inhale and probably still have about the same amount of vapor on exhale. more testing is def required on this tho. :brow: Another thing i noticed is that, even though the glass is thinner, the wand didnt really get that hot like my standard wand. This might have to do with me being able to vape at a lower temp than normal, as well as being able to take shorter hits to get the same result, the wand spends less time held up to the heatercover.

yeah the ssv tubing has to slide up further on the wand to fit snug. In the last pic you can kinda see, it needed slid up to where the taper ends. Although, that end of the whip used to be over the mouthpiece before, so its a bit stretched out. The hosing is actually what came with my dbv, and when i got my ssv I switched ends so that the bowed out end of the tube would slip inside teh standard ssv wand more snugly, since the whip goes inside on standard wands.

but yeah, at $13, including first class usps shipping, its a real great deal. especially since i already needed to grab a spare wand anyways, and this is cheaper than buying another standard ssv wand of course. IMO, a must-have addition for any ssv owner. these should come with the ssv. aside from being better for surfin' solo they would also be better for traveling i think. If for no other reason than you would worry less about breaking a cheaper wand. I see the website even sells a 5 pack of them. That would be great for parties, you could give everyone their own wand and they could just come up to the ssv and take a hit whenever they feel like they need it. Would also be easier to evenly split it amongst multiple ppl, so that a couple ppl arent getting the fresh green hits and some ppl getting the assy brown, everyone would get the full range.

steiner666,

Gatsby T Pig

I have never used one of these but they look so slick. I think I am going to have to find a friend that has one and invite myself over.

I am planning on using two efficient vapes but I am also looking at a party style. I will have to keep reading up on these. Have fun with yours and I'll try and find one in the mean time.

Gatsby T Pig,
Top Bottom