Spiderman

oil baron
Algebraist,

GonG fittings are standardized. The 14mm measurement refers to the inner diameter of the joint, not the outer diameter.

I have had great results simply sliding the tubing into a 14mm downstem, past the female joint, into the airspace between the two joints. With 18mm, you would need to either push the tubing much further down the downstem, or use a proper adapter.

Spiderman,

The_Algebraist

Spiderman said:
Algebraist,

GonG fittings are standardized. The 14mm measurement refers to the inner diameter of the joint, not the outer diameter.

I have had great results simply sliding the tubing into a 14mm downstem, past the female joint, into the airspace between the two joints. With 18mm, you would need to either push the tubing much further down the downstem, or use a proper adapter.
Shiz. I measured the inner diameter of the Lux's downstem and it's 15.825 mm. I just shoved the tubing into the downstem (a good three inches!), hopefully the seal will be sufficient. I'll give her a whirl this afternoon. I called 7th floor and they don't make custom sized adapters!

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

Ok, sorry to keep on this, but I tried inserting the tubing for the SSV into the downstem of the LUX and it doesn't seem like a good fit (opening/inner diameter for the downstem is 15.825mm) . Here's a picture of the situation. Do any of you fellas have a 7th floor adapter that works? If so, do you think the 14mm adapter will work with my LUX?

photo1.jpg

The_Algebraist,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I know I've slagged off 7th floor customer service, they never respond to any of my emails ever.

Though......

MY SSV IS HERE, setting up right now. 10 days from ordering all the way to Australia.

I'm very happy with the prompt delivery, 7th floor you have come through nicely.

Chubba,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
The_Algebraist said:
Do any of you fellas have a 7th floor adapter that works? If so, do you think the 14mm adapter will work with my LUX?
Dude , bong sizes are standard , just look on EDIT or any other headshop like website. It's all 14.5mm or 18.8mm. I highly doubt your Lux is any different. 7th floor just likes to confuse everyone by rounding up to 19mm and down to 14mm. It's all the same in the end.

Skunkypete,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Well everything seems to be here.

The plug isn't the right type though... so I got some investigating to go into... I got a massive bowl of weed chopped up next to me :(

The heater cover is a bit of a let down, colour wise (tiny bit of blood red), the temperature knob though far exceeds my expectations, BADASS design.

Hmmm, now to sort out power.

Chubba,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Guy I have no idea at all.

I got a plug here, 2 flat prongs and a round prong in the middle. YY3 or something

I got no fucking idea.

I ordered a 220V european power, I have no idea what this is, but I thought the 220V worked with Australian outlets.

I'm really stressing, I invested a lot of money getting this over here (nearly $500 AUD) and I have no idea what the plug is... I can't even BEGIN to get some type of adapter because I'm completely in the dark.

Chubba,

Beezleb

Looks like they sent you the wrong one. Call em up and explain your issue.

Do not change the plug, if you do and plug it in it will likely blow up. You could get a transformer but that would be a pain in the butt.

I would return it and have the proper one sent. I feel for you.

Beezleb,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I spent $500 AUD on it.

Transformer I've located is $50, 50W. So long as that doesn't blow up the SSV and it runs perfect I would pay that in a heart beat. ATM the plan is to do that first thing in the morning.

I would be shattered if the only course of action was to send this SSV all the way back to 7th floor for an exchange.

Chubba,
hey chubba a fellow aussie vapor head here, your gonna need a step down or isolating transformer around $90 AUD for a 100w one it will allow you to run 110v US style appliances(i think thats what they've sent you) from a 240 wall wart without cooking your vape! Jaycar has got em.

thevapedcrusader,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
On the base it says 30W.

So I should be right with a 50W one yeah? Rang up Jaycar today, stopping by in the morning.

Chubba,

The_Algebraist

Skunkypete said:
I highly doubt your Lux is any different. 7th floor just likes to confuse everyone by rounding up to 19mm and down to 14mm. It's all the same in the end.
Nice. That's what happens when you try to measure something while hitting the surfer. Just put my order in to 7th Floor, looks like I will be vapor bongin' this weekend!!!!

:brow:

The_Algebraist,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
hey Alg, did you get the downstem that comes with it optionally? i was wondering if you need this in order to use the glass joint adapter.

illadelph,

The_Algebraist

illadelph said:
hey Alg, did you get the downstem that comes with it optionally? i was wondering if you need this in order to use the glass joint adapter.
when i spoke to someone at 7th floor a couple of weeks ago they said you "just stick the adapter where you stick the bowl" which i took to mean into the downstem.

I just ordered the adapter, not the downstem.

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

illadelph said:
sounds good. how much did it come out to with shipping to NYC?
adapter plus screens plus priority shipping came out to twenty bucks. not bad and should be here thursday!

VAPOR BONG. I'm going to have to clean out the LUX before it gets here, just two uses via combustion and you can see some discoloration in it. Yuck. Plus the downstem smells like shit.

I'm definitely going to indulge and pack a nice big bowl, turn the temp up to 2:00 and let her rip!

The_Algebraist,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
My SSV is finally powered up.

$100 extra for a transformer :( Not nice 7th floor.

Chubba,

tokinGLX

Chubba said:
My SSV is finally powered up.

$100 extra for a transformer :( Not nice 7th floor.
quite frankly, your situation sucks.
they have a austalian specific plug that it should have come with.
have you called them and spoken to anyone yet i would be interested in hearing what they have to say about this issue.

tokinGLX,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
There's no issue tokin.

I specified 220V, I got conformation of order in email 220V, I have an invoice that came out of the box with 220V (hand written "thanks for the support" RIGHT next to it on the invoice).

7th floor messed up, simple as that, as a result I've shelled out $100 extra to be able to use my vaporizer that should have come already working.

I COULD have contacted them and sent it back, but tbh, time is money and I don't trust their customer service in the slighest to get a 220V SSV out quickly (minimum I would be waiting 3 - 4 weeks) and I've been hanging out for a vaporizer for months.

Bit bummed, though here I am, about to load my first whip :D

EDIT: WOW!!!

I didn't even realise it was creating vapor, 1 light pull, a hit 10x bigger then anything on the genie.

Bud is still 100% entirely green.

:D:D:D

perhaps I can forgive them :)

Chubba,
Top Bottom