Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
my gramma's 1940 sweeper look realy similar inside ....and this is not a joke LOLLL...I'm still thinking that the volcano is not better than an other vap ...it is popular because it was probably the first vap to work good but now people might understand that there is a lot of other good (best) vaporizer ...I'm stunned every time I saw someone spend like 500-700$ for a volcano. muhahahah!!! and what I find more funny ,it's that the people who buy them just always say that is the best vap ever ...of corse if I paid like 500$ for a vap like this I will not admit that I get ripoff LOL ....but all that is just my opinion !

CDXX

Hey guys.
New here. Looks like a pretty cool site.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hey and I picked this thread because the SSV is also my main MJ delivery system. I've had it for about a year now and lovin it.

Couple pics of mine below. Cell phone pics, not great but gets the job done.
Thanks for having me, C Ya around.

45353471e26d862c3c.jpg

In use.
45353471e26d8bbd5e.jpg

CDXX,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sweet, another SSV fan. :wave: I've had mine about as long as you and it works as well as the day I got it.

I was torn between the anodized aluminum and powder coated black. That looks super sweet in all black, very classy.

:ssv:

vtac,

CDXX

The base is actually purple but doesn't show up to well in the pics.
I love how customizable they are. Tons of colors and accessories.

CDXX,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice, I bet it looks great in person. The new metal bases are pretty cool too, almost tempted to get a silver one to match the top like this:

allsilverssvxv4.jpg

What other accessories have you tried?

vtac,

CDXX

I haven't checked the site in a while. That metal base does look kinda cool.

All I have is the basics, SSV, Wand, Whip, Mouthpiece and Poker. I broke the glass bead off the poker about a month ago. The aroma top really doesn't intrest me and I have no need for the ice chamber as the hits are so smooth. Plus it's just something else I'd drop and break anyway. I have wondered about he hands free option, but IDK how user friendly it would be seeing I stir my bowl afteer almost every hit.

CDXX,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah, I chipped one of my poker's beads as well, but they always send me 2 more whenever I order something, lol.

The hands free clip is the only thing I haven't liked, it left some small scratch marks on the inner finish the one time I tried it. Now they're using plastic clips to avoid this. But I agree with you, there's really no need for it in the first place, I like using the wand every hit.

vtac,

Spiderman

oil baron
Ya i have no idae where my hands free clip is. I used it a few times, but all it really gave me was stale, popcorny hits....I hate that gross popcorny taste. Gotta stir it up!

Spiderman,

Spiderman

oil baron
Pretty tight! My buddies bumped into someone in the SSV crew a few days ago at a headshop in California, but havent really had a chance to chat with them since.

Look into the ice chamber, its not so much about smoothin the hit as it is condensing the hit, IMO. I find that vaporbonging, i manage to take bigger and bigger lungfuls of tasty vapor.

Spiderman,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
After i've allowed my Extreme to pay for itself i think i'll really consider the Silver Surfer,Fuck i didn't wanna collect shit :disgust: . but this forum's wetting my appetite, I'd like to know what SS owners think of it's medicinal attributes with the Holy Weed, this wouldn't be my only motivation to buy, but i'm curious :cool:

Cannabudz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Cannabudz said:
Fuck i didn't wanna collect shit :disgust: . but this forum's wetting my appetite, :
haha me too. I'm not a collector of anything really. I do have 3 guitars but I am a part time -professional muso so they are equipment of my trade.

But when my PD arrives I'll have 3 working vaps. The PD will be my stealth home vap and the vaporite the party hitter.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
I'd like to know what SS owners think of it's medicinal attributes with the Holy Weed
Not sure what you mean by medicinal attributes. It does a great job of producing vapor, but so do a lot of other vapes. Now if you mean a clean, safe vapor path, it definitely has that. The air intake is about an inch below the top of the heater cover, so your vapor path avoids the guts of the vape. You get rich vapor hits. Half the time you don't know you've gotten anything until you realize your lungs are full of vapor. I can't imagine needing anything else in the whip vape dept. The only drawbacks as far as use-the nice focused air stream you get, which gives those rich hits, requires you to change the angle of the bowl from time to time, and stir the contents a few times (depending on how much is in the bowl), in order to get it all cooked. And don't forget you can always get a 10% discount on a Surfer or Da Buddha. Just use 'Paul' in the coupon field (courtesy of tokin).

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
vapor_cloud said:
Sweet as pics! Fuck I want an SSV or Buddha. :lol:
Be nice to here from an owner of both to here the low down on comparisons, I'd prefer just the one great whip only vape to be honest, the beautty of this most excellent forum, thanks V tac if i'm correct by the way, I just love the customisable glass with this product(rugs r good rnt they) thats the hook for me on this baby, and i want to know more about the nebulizer with regards to oils including cannabis in that format for the neb:brow:

max

Out to lunch
Be nice to here from an owner of both to here the low down on comparisons
tokin has both. He's your best bet for an A/B comparison. The obvious difference is the heater angle and hands free for the DB. Hands free on the SSV can be done, either with the $14 adapter, or ordering the ground glass connection. tokin and I are both of the opinion that the gg setup on the SSV is asking for trouble down the road as far as wear and tear and gravity. My SSV is conveniently located for easy use and I don't miss hands free at all. The SSV also directs a more narrowly focused stream of air to the bowl, for slightly richer hits, but according to tokin it's a minor difference. He also says the screen is a little easier to change on the Surfer. That's one thing I really appreciate on the SSV. Changing a screen seems to be a bitch with most whips.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Ground glass is nice, but for something like the wand that is removed so often, yeah I can see that fucking up after some time. Maybe you don't have to stir as often with the DB, but still. I'd pony up the extra dough for the SSV any day. Long term investment. :)

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
What will sway me on the ssv vs da buddha is the one performing best as a vape and aromatherapy "medicinal" unit, i really like the idea of vaping and diffusing @ the same time, I value setting and multi layered sensory input, cause im keen to explore the mind body connection @ lenth
:o

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Cannabudz said:
What will sway me on the ssv vs da buddha is the one performing best as a vape and aromatherapy "medicinal" unit, i really like the idea of vaping and diffusing @ the same time, I value setting and multi layered sensory input, cause im keen to explore the mind body connection @ lenth
:o
I don't konw what the fuck you just said, but it sounded really cool!

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Please try to stay on topic, I'm confused enough as it is. :p

vtac,
Top Bottom