SideKick by Elev8 Vehicles

Kalessin

If its a conduction vape, why do we need to stir? Un-even cooking on a conduction vape...

I don't get it...All the conduction vapes I have/had didn't need stirring. Quite strange tbh.
My Pax is the only conduction vape I've used, but it definitely requires stirring inbetween sessions

Kalessin,
Reactions: AJS

lwien

Jeeez man. I know you only use .0000005 a day, but maybe you need to load .0000006 and :chill:.

It's not like they were going to evade the question forever.

You’re really going to challenge me on this?

Ok, so here it is.

Back on Oct 21st, I posted, “Two questions. Where is it being manufactured and how long is the warranty?"

Prior to me asking these questions, both reps were active here on almost a daily basis. After asking these questions, they seemed to disappear for awhile.

Herb-nerd than came back on the 23rd and answered a few questions that were posted after my initial inquiry on the warranty and place of manufacture but he failed to answer the two questions that I asked prior.

So, I then asked the same questions again.

Herb-nerd than comes back a few days later and again, answers other questions but again ignoring the questions I originally asked……………..twice, so I ask about it a third time.

Herb-nerd then comes back and apologizes and says he doesn’t know the answer in regards to the warranty but will get back to me when he finds out. That was on Monday.

It is now Thrusday……….still no answer. 7thfloorVapes then comes in and answers other questions while STILL leaving the answer in regards to the warranty unanswered.

So now again, I ask for the 4th time and finally, 7thfloorvapes responds.

Considering the chain of events here, it’s not unreasonable for me to assume that they seem to be a bit evasive, eh?

So, I say to you this……

;)

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Steve should just stick to running his company rather than "trying" to be a spokesman. His fake, over-the-top enthusiasm was a bit hard to swallow.

Almost reminded me of Crazy Eddie.....

Really anxious to see some on-hand reports once this puppy gets released though.
I had Earl Schieb $49.95 (or $59, $69.....$99, depending on the year) flashbacks!!!! Look him up on youtube... you'll see.

Looks like a nice portable! Can't wait to see how this plays out! :popcorn:

Herb-nerd

7th Floor: Engineer & Designer
Company Rep
I can assure you it isn't evasion, if my word helps at all.

I actually did find out about the warranty but it wasn't decided 100% so i held back on posting until it was certain. It would be worse to go back on words. I intended to communicate this of course but i am always running around like a headless chicken these days trying to keep myself on track with 3 projects and a part-time job on the side. Plus all the terrible housework tasks i am expected to do in order to stop myself from being killed by my girlfriend.

On the plus the projects are all vapor related so it is never wasted time ;)

I end up being out of my house for 14+ hours a day and squeeze in a few extra hours of inhaling solder fumes before bed.

I wont be working the shift i am at my other job come a weeks time and will be much more available for the forum. (vape filler isn't cheap in the UK, especially with my tolerance - i'm just able to sleep at the moment as it is haha).

I might as-well explain properly rather than post some seemingly professional explanation that dances around the situation.

If the warranty is seen to be insufficient, then we will see how we can better it to ensure the customers are happy.

One consideration with warranties is the number submitted that aren't necessarily legitimate, but honoured nonetheless. If it can be feasible to better asses submissions then a better warranty can be applied.
I am just thinking aloud, but if it can help then it should be looked into.

Anything i missed ? :p

Plus you guys should see me with my lady-killing facial hair.

But seriously, i'll pretend movember isn't cool until my facial hair growth allows me to pretend i changed my tune. :nope:

lwien

Thanks for the explanation, HN. Much appreciated.

In regards to the warranty, I think like in most things, the simpler the better rather than 3 different warranty scenarios, that is, 60 day warrant unregistered, 1 year warranty registered, 3 year warranty with a 50 dollar cost.

Question. Why do you offer a 1 year warranty with registration but only 60 days without? Whats the reasoning behind that?

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
After watching the video I think the sidekick looks pretty cool.

You’re really going to challenge me on this.
Was that statement or a question?
There was no challenge, simply said to chill. It's still there. Get back on the lawn and read it.

As far as being evasive, initially, perhaps, but the answer came out. So not forever.

Anyhow, curious how this Vape will work with water, whips, and other goodies

Question. Why do you offer a 1 year warranty with registration but only 60 days without?
VxH states something similar to that. 'register online within 30 of purchase date........otherwise null and void.'
Not exactly the same, but an example of this being used in the industry.

Last edited:

Frank Reynolds

Other than data collection as stickstones suggested (which there are way better/easier/efficient ways to collect data imo) the only thing I can think of is they're banking on a lot of people forgetting to register and then not having to warranty their products. Really can't think of any other reasonable answer.

lwien

i always saw registrations as data collection missions. there's value in the data.

Yeah, but to tell your customers that you will only give them a 60 day warranty if they don't give you the data that you desire is kinda..............ummm......I'll just leave the "ummmmsss....."

.....the only thing I can think of is they're banking on a lot of people forgetting to register and then not having to warranty their products.

Yeah, that comes to mind as well.

I know that 7th Floor is not the only company to do this but to me, it's kinda of a shady practice. As a customer, I'm paying a premium price for a nice portable vaporizer and for that price, it SHOULD come with a warranty that is at least a year long regardless if I send you my personal data or not.

If you want to spiff me for registering your product, send me a damn t-shirt in exchange for my data rather than giving me a one year warranty that I should receive anyway.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There was no challenge, simply said to chill. It's still there. Get back on the lawn and read it.

Please leave moderating to the Staff and do not tell other members how to post. If a post breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. If you must reply, use a PM.

pakalolo,

grokit

well-worn member
Other than data collection as stickstones suggested (which there are way better/easier/efficient ways to collect data imo) the only thing I can think of is they're banking on a lot of people forgetting to register and then not having to warranty their products. Really can't think of any other reasonable answer.
They could also be concerned about knock-offs, registration could help sort out the genuines :tup:

howie105

Same tunes different dance. I went back and looked at a number of different opening pages on specific vapes and most suffered the same fate, lots of negative comments right up to the time the vape gets released. I suspect this one is dancing to the same tune.

howie105

I do not see much negative rather just a need for genuine and specific information. Nobody is panning this vape or being truly negative towards it because they really can't. Nobody even has one. So all we are getting is the banter and excitement that happens before a product is launched. This is the FC process in my opinion and I think it is positive and good. Many people are very excited about this vape. The more 7th Floor lets out the more enthusiastic I personally get. :2c:

Just commenting on an observable occurrence. How one wants to intrepid or react to it is in the hands of the reader.

howie105,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@lwien
Both questions have been answered.
What are you harping on? Where it's manufactured or the warranty?
You must have missed paka's post, 4 above yours, telling members that if they have a problem with a member or their posting to hit the report button.... ? :cool:

Your post adds nothing to this thread and serves to 'fuel the fire' by inviting lwien to respond and defend his position.

Let me add that if this type of posting continues, any and all of you will start getting warning points. And those posts will be deleted from the thread.

Just Justin

Just found this vape! I'm liking the looks of the SideKick, the nice metal body, cooling spiral, glass mouthpiece etc....I also like the sounds of the cleanable vapor path; it sounds like there is a little area directly under the chamber that opens up for cleaning plus the Vortex spiral comes out for cleaning one pathway, while the mouthpiece comes out as well for cleaning opening the second pathway.....I'm wondering if this is the entire path or is there a section or two connecting these pathways as well?

Also, it says its a conduction and convection vape, how can this be a convection vape when there is nothing heating the air above the chamber? Does it enter through those holes around the chamber and go up and into the chamber then down through the stir lid and into your herbs???? I see a screen on top of the gear/stirrer so is that because air flows from the top, down into the chamber?

Last edited:
Just Justin,

lwien

Would love to see a break-a-way illustration to show us both the air and vapor paths.

Also, would love to know if this was originally designed by 7th Floor or was it an existing design picked up by 7th Floor? This last question would have no bearing on the quality of the design but being that the SSV, DBV and LSV were totally designed in-house, I'm just curious.

lwien

According to the contest announcement on the 7th Floor site, four people who preorder have an opportunity to win their money back; which you know. If you had read one line further down on the announcement, you would also know that this ends November 15th.

Wow. Didn't know about that contest at all. I like it. Pretty creative.

I've been ragin' on 7th Floors marketing here on the SideKick a lot but I like this contest as far as it's ability to encourage pre-orders. Well done......:tup:

Top Bottom