SideKick by Elev8 Vehicles

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
According to the contest announcement on the 7th Floor site, four people who preorder have an opportunity to win their money back; which you know. If you had read one line further down on the announcement, you would also know that this ends November 15th.
It came up as a pop up once and I haven't seen it since. Thanks though.

Herb-nerd

7th Floor: Engineer & Designer
Company Rep
The design was done in house by myself and others.

I can get a graphic together showing the air path and vaporizer internal layout if that would be helpful.

The air enters below the bowl, passes a portion of the heater before entering the chamber - then passes out of the chamber and does a u-turn down the spiral cooler. After that it makes another u-turn up to the glass mouthpiece then travels the distance of the mouthpiece.

The vapor path will be comparable to the long LSV transfer.

ApparentlyStoned

It looks like 7th floor updated the website a little bit. Looks like it will be using 2 18350 batteries, digital temp control, 5 year warranty on the heater, shows more of the air path coil. It looks pretty sweet really!
I don't see any of that on desktop/mobile. What gives? Got a link?

ApparentlyStoned,

Likes2vape

http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/vaporizers/handheld/sidekick-coming-soon.html

Here is where I found it.
It looks like 7th floor needs to update some links as I also found the old link in another area of the home page.

After looking at the pics better it looks like the air enters from underneath the heater, lots of holes in the bottom of the heater, gets pulled through a screen in the top and down a cooling vortex tube and then back up through the glass mouth piece. It looks pretty bad ass really!

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I hope I will be proved wrong but I really can't see 2 little 18350's providing much actual run time. At the end of the day they seem to top out at a legit 900mah. Ceramic takes a lot of energy to heat.
The Storm/Xmax with their ceramic bowls whilst very good in both flavor and cloud production do these things at a cost. Poor battery life. Sunday night/ Monday morning cake and vape sessions with @Ruta have shown me this. The Stormmax will use two cells to the one I use in my 05. They are both using cells over double the rated capacity of the Sidekick.
As for cleaning I can see that turning into a ball ache. We all know how warm reclaim runs everywhere. An internal vapor pathway could end up being a nightmare to keep properly clean.
Claims of it kicking the $#*t out of the competition may just be marketing hype. The portable market is a difficult arena to step in to even more difficult to conquer.
Good luck guys.

Funny that as I typed the above @HD Springer your name came to mind straight away. You are the only person I know who has used an 18350 powered vaporizer in the form of the 10/18350 @RastaBuddhaTao conceived. The main difference being the 10/350 is a pure convection based unit with near instant power delivery. No oven to heat and no hurry to use all the contents before it's all baked off.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
As for cleaning I can see that turning into a ball ache. We all know how warm reclaim runs everywhere. An internal vapor pathway could end up being a nightmare to keep properly clean.

Except, if I'm reading right, that whole "vortex" vapor path metal piece slides out of the unit. If that's the case, a soak in iso and you're done. Pretty ingenious and badass.

If that piece were not removable, then yes, it would be basically impossible to clean. But..."Much of the oils and micro particles actually get trapped on the vortex cooling device allowing you to reclaim the essence by simply sliding it out of the SideKick."

Sounds like they solved it, theoretically anyway.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@mitchgo61 I'm on about the tubes the 'vortex' and the glass mouthpiece sit in. Also the join between them and the top of the oven where the stir stick gubbins is. I can see "much of the oil and micro particles" making their merry way into every nook and cranny. Is the colored finish Iso proof?
t44WtCv.png

Hot Dog Day 187

I hope I will be proved wrong but I really can't see 2 little 18350's providing much actual run time. .
Dual 18650s can put out a lot of power my friend i wouldnt be so quick to assume this!
here's hoping the SIDEKICK can dethrone the mighty! love that mighty vapor but nothing beats glass path

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I hope I will be proved wrong but I really can't see 2 little 18350's providing much actual run time. At the end of the day they seem to top out at a legit 900mah. Ceramic takes a lot of energy to heat.
The Storm/Xmax with their ceramic bowls whilst very good in both flavor and cloud production do these things at a cost. Poor battery life. Sunday night/ Monday morning cake and vape sessions with @Ruta have shown me this. The Stormmax will use two cells to the one I use in my 05. They are both using cells over double the rated capacity of the Sidekick.
Claims of it kicking the $#*t out of the competition may just be marketing hype. The portable market is a difficult arena to step in to even more difficult to conquer.
Good luck guys.

Funny that as I typed the above @HD Springer your name came to mind straight away. You are the only person I know who has used an 18350 powered vaporizer in the form of the 10/18350 @RastaBuddhaTao conceived. The main difference being the 10/350 is a pure convection based unit with near instant power delivery. No oven to heat and no hurry to use all the contents before it's all baked off.

I also beta tested the same 18350 as HD

@hot dog the sidekick uses 18350s not 18650s

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Hot Dog Day 187 I've no doubt about dual 18650's as the mah ratings for them are good and reliable 2500 and 3000 mah batteries are readily available. The Sidekick is showing dual 18350's which at best are an honest 900mah.
Sorry @IAmKrazy2 I had forgotten you tried it out as well. The 10/350 and the SK run different heaters so it would be unfair to compare the two.

phattpiggie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
didn't the thermovape use these batts? I don't remember how many it needed, but that was a convection portable. my first thought was it would be enough to power a conduction vape.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
It says in their "Coming soon" description linked above under the 'replaceable batteries' heading halfway down the page that they chose to use 'two 18350 batteries for this model'.

In the thermovape(convection) with my limited time with one i found that it ate these batteries up pretty quickly.
But I also have the t-vape 2.0(full conduction) where in 'short mode' it uses one 18350, when using the short heater tube It gives me 3 good full sessions of around 8 minutes each.

Last edited:

ApparentlyStoned

It says in their "Coming soon" description linked above under 'replaceable batteries' heading that they chose to use two 18350 batteries.
It also shows that they decided to post the wrong picture. Or they aren't using 18350.

Edit: 18350 are 18mm by 35mm. The batteries pictured look like 14500 or something. I don't know though.

ApparentlyStoned,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

ApparentlyStoned

They do look a hair taller in the picture but to me they look nothing like a 14500 which is the same size as a AA battery.
I figured it out. The pictures were stretched on my iPhone. I saved the picture and they are definitely 18350. Oops. ☺️

Edit: http://m.imgur.com/l6hECfl See what I mean? My apologies. Sorry for the misinformation.

Top Bottom