Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

biohacker

Ruby inserts aren't for taking a quick dab, they're for taking a tasty one.

Guess you could say the same for sapphire?

Can it be heated from room temp to 450ish in around a minute or would that cause thermal shock do you think?

If you're heating it as it should inside of a banger, it should be able to achieve much higher than 450 in a minute no? Suggested torch time is 45s followed by 2-3:30 cool down, which is crazy heat retention!

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I think there is just one blue in the wild out yet but i am not sure, from what ive seen on IG
more companies do have more (saph) colors in the works..

I just cant imagine that you can go lower in temps and still, if one wants steady low temps why not go with an enail,
its way cheaper then buying some super $$$/sensitve mineral just to have a longer sweet spot for dabs..

For me still the ONLY thing that makes sapphire stand out (still waiting in my ruby...f*** customs :p) is the taste..that is indeed better from my testings with quartz/sic/obsidian and even that is not MAJOR so if it happens that one of the other colors would "taste" better i WOULD see a point...but that doesnt even get mentioned as a selling point anymore ?!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Well I was gonna grab one of the blue sapphire inserts, take the hit for y’all but it’s out of stock. :cuss::bang:

I think it’s kinda ridiculous that they’re charging even more now because of the cuts & facets on the exterior of the insert. If there’s no performance benefit especially, and I can’t imagine how there could be, it seems to me like they’re just trying to find out how stupidly high the ceiling is for all this shit. Like $400 bucks for an insert is a good chunk of money for the majority, yeah? Let’s double down and see who bites?
I totally understand that the price of admission for top performance dab gear is very dear and one will always pay a premium to be an early adopter on the cutting edge of 21st century stoner technology or any tech. But geez... that seems excessive to me. I’m also not in the targeted demographic: Supa Baller

“Because we’re aware that selling “standard” inserts at crazy mark-up just isn’t enough for today’s dabber, we now present to you the latest innovation: triangles! But understand that cutting & polishing triangles ain’t cheap and we’re passing the cost onto you x 50%!” ~ Constantly Adapting Gems Tech

pghjd

Well I was gonna grab one of the blue sapphire inserts, take the hit for y’all but it’s out of stock. :cuss::bang:

I think it’s kinda ridiculous that they’re charging even more now because of the cuts & facets on the exterior of the insert. If there’s no performance benefit especially, and I can’t imagine how there could be, it seems to me like they’re just trying to find out how stupidly high the ceiling is for all this shit. Like $400 bucks for an insert is a good chunk of money for the majority, yeah? Let’s double down and see who bites?
I totally understand that the price of admission for top performance dab gear is very dear and one will always pay a premium to be an early adopter on the cutting edge of 21st century stoner technology or any tech. But geez... that seems excessive to me. I’m also not in the targeted demographic: Supa Baller

“Because we’re aware that selling “standard” inserts at crazy mark-up just isn’t enough for today’s dabber, we now present to you the latest innovation: triangles! But understand that cutting & polishing triangles ain’t cheap and we’re passing the cost onto you x 50%!” ~ Constantly Adapting Gems Tech
The one thing I can give adapt tech is that their the only ones I know of that don't source their gems from china. They buy their gems in russsia and make them in russia so the cost is quite high

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The one thing I can give adapt tech is that their the only ones I know of that don't source their gems from china. They buy their gems in russsia and make them in russia so the cost is quite high

That's almost as funny as Adapt Tech actually thinking they invented dabbing off sapphire.

pghjd

That's almost as funny as Adapt Tech actually thinking they invented dabbing off sapphire.
I'm quoting an insert manufacturer. They made this statement after calling out constant gems for using china and trying to put others down. If you have more info than them please provide it.

pghjd,

biohacker

They buy their gems in russsia and make them in russia so the cost is quite high

Apparently so is their mark up/profit?

"The overall price of the inserts is determined by how much we get them for- which is typically half the retail price of any given item we have in stock."

biohacker,
Reactions: Hogni

pghjd

Apparently so is their mark up/profit?
"The overall price of the inserts is determined by how much we get them for- which is typically half the retail price of any given item we have in stock."
Thats a 100% markup on a 350 gem. Most places get their inserts for like 40 a piece and sell them for 200+ thats a 400% markup. If their inserts aren't polished their only like 20 a piece and the markup is just as high if not higher.

biohacker

Thats a 50% markup. Most places get their inserts for like 40 a piece and sell them for 200+ thats a 80+% markup. If their inserts aren't polished their only like 20 a piece and the markup is just as high if not higher.

Dude, that Blue Sapphire is $775.... 50% markup is ridiculous. If they actually WANT to sell them, maybe they shouldn't be so greedy?

Most places that get them for 20 or 40 don't give a shit because they actually sell. Heck, I have a $50 sapphire on its way and I can't wait.... and i'm pretty sure I won't be able to tell a $725 difference between the two :lol:

biohacker,

pghjd

Dude, that Blue Sapphire is $775.... 50% markup is ridiculous. If they actually WANT to sell them, maybe they shouldn't be so greedy?

Most places that get them for 20 or 40 don't give a shit because they actually sell. Heck, I have a $50 sapphire on its way and I can't wait.... and i'm pretty sure I won't be able to tell a $725 difference between the two :lol:
The math was wrong that 100% markup for them 400+ for others. Just fixed it. Also greek is the ONLY person with prices that low. Everybody else is following the contant gems/adapt tech trend

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm quoting an insert manufacturer. They made this statement after calling out constant gems for using china and trying to put others down. If you have more info than them please provide it.

I'm aware of their claims. :D

This forum is not a big fan of that type of origin hype, probably why we all use China Quartz :D

Their inserts are no doubt the best looking though, LOVE those green and blue inserts! :luv:

pghjd

I'm aware of their claims. :D

This forum is not a big fan of that type of origin hype, probably why we all use China Quartz :D

Their inserts are no doubt the best looking though, LOVE those green and blue inserts! :luv:
I'm not a fan of it either. I order my quartz from greek for that exact reason. Adapt tech is for rich stoners who have nothing else to spend there money on imo. It is quality gear tho

Dubmonkey

Besides being pricey do these blue sapphire adaptors help when using a enail? Such as using lower temp setting on the enail ? Guess trying to,understand if usin gone of these adaptors provide any benefits if you are using quartz and enail?

Dubmonkey,

biohacker

Besides being pricey do these blue sapphire adaptors help when using a enail? Such as using lower temp setting on the enail ? Guess trying to,understand if usin gone of these adaptors provide any benefits if you are using quartz and enail?

Absolutely. You can't even do drop tech with them, so torching is much less of an advantage with sapphire/ruby compared to quartz.

biohacker

It's official, after trying sapphire, I just can't go back to opaque quartz... not even drop tech!

It's like it defies physics with just how smooth the vapour is, and the flavour notes are sooooo damn clean!

Lotsa downsides, but my priorities have ALWAYS been SMOOTHNESS, FLAVOUR, EFFECTS and it exceeds quartz in all of those!

Dubmonkey

What are the downsides? Cleaning sapphire inserts between dabs? Heard they will be dropping more blue sapphire adaptors in February.

Dubmonkey,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

What are the downsides? Cleaning sapphire inserts between dabs?

Yeah pretty much, q-tips work, but i'm pretty OCD. It's surely not as easy as just dunking quartz in ISO, and I thermal shocked mine by placing it freshly torch cleaned on my kitchen granite counter and it caused an aesthetic crack along the bottom and lower sides.

I'm also not used to dabbing on a hot surface as i've been cold loading with drop tech for a while now. The dish is way smaller than my banger and i've missed the insert completely a couple of times whenever I tried to not use my dab tool and just toss a piece of BHO in :lol: Sure makes for a waste of a dab! lol But it's only my first day still :D

Heard they will be dropping more blue sapphire adaptors in February.

Are you actually considering buying one? :brow:

Dubmonkey

Trying to see how mush a non faceted blue sapphire would drop for. If tax return lines up as far as timing and if I get anything back will most likely be my deciding factors. Plus I am trying to sell some glass and will be selling off gear.

biohacker

Trying to see how mush a non faceted blue sapphire would drop for. If tax return lines up as far as timing and if I get anything back will most likely be my deciding factors. Plus I am trying to sell some glass and will be selling off gear.

That's awesome man, i'm going to grab a couple more cheap sapphire dishes from GGS and preorder that ruby for $75. Baby steps :brow:

I am with you man. hopefully its going to be in the low 400 range, but still that's so expensive. i' m going to have to sell my liger to afford an insert...what has this world come to.

Yeah pretty much, q-tips work, but i'm pretty OCD. It's surely not as easy as just dunking quartz in ISO, and I thermal shocked mine by placing it freshly torch cleaned on my kitchen granite counter and it caused an aesthetic crack along the bottom and lower sides.

I'm also not used to dabbing on a hot surface as i've been cold loading with drop tech for a while now. The dish is way smaller than my banger and i've missed the insert completely a couple of times whenever I tried to not use my dab tool and just toss a piece of BHO in :lol: Sure makes for a waste of a dab! lol But it's only my first day still :D

Are you actually considering buying one? :brow:

simple green crystal on a mug warmer over night leaves gems immaculate. rinse with iso, dry, and get back to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
helpoverthere,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

I am with you man. hopefully its going to be in the low 400 range, but still that's so expensive. i' m going to have to sell my liger to afford an insert...what has this world come to.

Worth it! :lol:

And why go with such an expensive gemstone when you can grab a ruby for like what $250?

simple green crystal on a mug warmer over night leaves gems immaculate. rinse with iso, dry, and get back to it.

Thank you!!!! :rockon:

Top Bottom