Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

Danksta

Yeah. Without inserts. It's a lot easier to spin. Even not using a gordo cap.

I just bought a 30mm eternal reverse etched along with like 4 other buckets. 1 mayoral, 2 Hoyes and another Halen bucket.

After that, it's both toros 31mm and 40mm mayoral and an eternal fat bottom 30mm. Then I'm done. That mayoral cup looks tempting tho.

My goal is to have enough quartz that if I break one. I don't have to rush to replace. As well as this will allow me to clean my quartz by letting them soak longer in dark crystal. I'm cleaning my quartz too often now as I'm just anal with keeping my shit clean. I don't want any Chazzing on my good quartz. I broke two quartz while basically cleaning them and watching world cup one time and the Yankees another.

The 24mm sapphire is still going strong. Using it daily each day since Saturday. Mainly on enail but have torched as well. No issues. Works great Everytime.

I have not used the 18mm Sapp yet. Still need something to put it in.

I'm very interested in how you like the Mayoral. I'm pretty content with my Eternal but adding a Mayoral to the arsenal would be nice. I've just been skeptical if their higher prices actually equate quality.

Danksta,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Me too. But they have 20% off sale now. So it made it $154 shipped. But my issue with mayroal is this, they have two styles of buckets and I guess you don't know which one you will get. They have a long, deep bucket with the neck really high. That's the one I want. And then there is the normal bucket with the neck half way down almost and a normal sized bucket. So I just ordered one and asked for a long bucket one. Now I'm curious to see what I get. I do like how it's 24mm and has only 2mm thick walls. You want thinner walls for enails. Thicker for torches and I plan on using mayoral for coils mainly and use toros for torch..

I've held but never dabbed off of mayoral. But the quality is nice. The regulate bucket feels like a toro grail with the thick bottom. The deep bucket just looks nice. And plus. I want the extra space for the vape to build.

I'm really curious on the EQ reverse etched bucket. Looks nice. I just hope I can use a cable for it.

Last edited:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Just an FYI,

Nautilus has a few 24mm sapphire for sale on his site. 18mm are sold out as is 16mm.

Shooby,
Reactions: Hogni

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Nautilus will be releasing some 22mm sapphire insert. These will fit 30mm Toro Grail and any other 30mm with 3mm walls.

I don't think I want to try the Ruby inserts. For $400, you get an 18mm and $550 for the 22mm Ruby. And just for the color red. Can anyone think of any reason to get Ruby over sapphire?

Dubmonkey

The color changing of the ruby is the xtra bonus besides the color. What size ruby adaptor for a 24mm eross 4.0 banger? Guessing 16mm?

Dubmonkey,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Ruby inserts are in stock their website. Limited drop so if you been deciding, its time to order as the 18mm will go fast.

I already ordered one for now and will get the other two later on. There will also be a limited drop of 22mm Sapphires in the future. I am not sure when tho as i believe he is deciding on whether he wants to keep 24mm or 22mm. 24mm fits only fits 30mm with 2.5mm thick walls. Any 30mm quartz bucket with 3mm thick walls would need a 22mm insert such as the Toro Grail XXL.

Ruby size and pricing
18mm - $450
20mm - $475
22mm - $500

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
What would they ERoss 24mm bucket need as far as a ruby adaptor?

You would need to find out the interior dimensions of that bucket. I do not know what the ID of the E.Ross is. I believe they are 24mm OD. I do not own one. Once you know the ID. minus 1mm from that ID number and that is the largest size ruby/sapphire that can fit.

***Edit***
Or find out what the wall thickness as well as the overall thickness, OD of the bucket.

Last edited:
Shooby,
Reactions: 710Coils

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Got my 18mm Ruby this weekend and been using it all weekend but havent decided which i like more, the ruby or sapphire.

Looks wise, ruby all day as its smooth, polished and shines compared to the semi-polished, rough and flat looking sapphire. The Ruby has nice chamber bottom edges compared to the 90 edge of the sapphire. Ruby is much easier to clean due to the smooth, polished aspect of it.

My IR gun works on both Sapphire and Ruby. I used the ruby with torch and coil. It basically comes down to if you like polished or semi-polished. The reason i say that is because the ruby taste like the 30mm sapphire in my quartz halen bucket. Both slightly different from the semi-polished sapphire. Does anyone have a polished and a semi-polished 30mm sapphire from CCA? If so do they taste any different? The red element shouldnt add any flavor difference but polished to semi-polished might have a different taste. But i could be wrong and the taste difference is that one added element in ruby over sapphire.

I do feel the semi-polished vapes better/fuller compared to polished.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Got my 18mm Ruby this weekend and been using it all weekend but havent decided which i like more, the ruby or sapphire.

Looks wise, ruby all day as its smooth, polished and shines compared to the semi-polished, rough and flat looking sapphire. The Ruby has nice chamber bottom edges compared to the 90 edge of the sapphire. Ruby is much easier to clean due to the smooth, polished aspect of it.

My IR gun works on both Sapphire and Ruby. I used the ruby with torch and coil. It basically comes down to if you like polished or semi-polished. The reason i say that is because the ruby taste like the 30mm sapphire in my quartz halen bucket. Both slightly different from the semi-polished sapphire. Does anyone have a polished and a semi-polished 30mm sapphire from CCA? If so do they taste any different? The red element shouldnt add any flavor difference but polished to semi-polished might have a different taste. But i could be wrong and the taste difference is that one added element in ruby over sapphire.

I do feel the semi-polished vapes better/fuller compared to polished.

Hmm, I have a polished and unpolished sapphire insert from CCA.
I will give the taste comparison a shot.

For the good of science.

:science::brow:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Maybe increases nucleation sites like the opaque quartz?

That could be. As of this moment, i would lean towards the sapphire over ruby for straight performance. But the red is just so nice and it turns near black when you torch the shit out of it to clean it. Its also harder to see it chazzed.

Either way, sapphire and ruby is the way to go. For torching too. I get 2-3 dabs from one torch!!!

biohacker

Was it down? Anyway, their prices already were ridiculously expensive and are getting more and more expensive.

Yes it was down for weeks. And they are pricey due to cuts, etc. I'd just go with the 2nd quality one for $250 if it went on sale sub $200. Then again, i'd have to grab a 25mm banger since they all are made for them, and not my 30mm. Still think the opaque dro

Ask @invertedisdead if it's worth the $ :brow:

Curious if anyone knows how "breakable"/fragile these ruby/sapphire inserts are vs quartz?

Last edited:

biohacker

Doesn't the 22mm work with the 30mm banger?

I would think that the extra gap would affect thermal properties? Perhaps not with an e-nail? Not sure, but when spending that kinda coin I wanna make sure I have the exact right tool for the job. TBH i'm not even convinced that a static ruby dab experience is better than an opaque droptech/uptemp but I suppose I will have to see for myself at some point. Kinda ran outta VAS lol

Do they even make ruby/sapphire inserts for 30mm bangers?

Constant Gemstones are much cheaper. Are there any differences in qualities?

Not sure, but I have had my eye on those as well!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
At least a 22mm is too wide for a 25mm banger so I thought its use is intended for 30mm bangers. But IDK for sure.

biohacker

At least a 22mm is too wide for a 25mm banger so I thought its use is intended for 30mm bangers. But IDK for sure.

My bad, I think you're right.... I thought only 1mm clearance was necessary, so I guess there are plenty available for 30mm buckets, just super expensive!

biohacker,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom