Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Quartz is one of if not the most widely used crystal for conducting electricity so I don't think conductivity is gonna ruin the flavor as much as you think it will. SiC is highly chemically inert and can hold temp for a long time and heats very evenly. I think it has potential in quartz. All we've really seen so far is SiC on titanium nails.

Conductivity for electricity is a bit different than conducting heat; quartz is generally used as a semiconductor. It technically conducts heat poorly.

I used SiC for quite some time so I'm familiar with it. I agree that a titanium base is not the best way to implement SiC, though Liger fans claim its the holy grail so I guess this is all so subjective. I mostly dab solventless though so I appreciate the cleanliness and nonporosity of sapphire/ruby.

Still calling bulllshit on Adapt Tech's claims about their (blue) sapphire!

Some claim those colors contain more trace metals such as iron and titanium which significantly affects the thermal properties. I'm skeptical, but Ialso realize that science doesn't know shit about anything so at the same time it wouldn't surprise me either. People have been describing metaphysical propeties of mineral stones for thousands of years; the same cultures that invented science, math, astronomy, etc.

then again, my black car gets so much hotter than my silver one it is mind boggling.

There's definitely some voodoo that goes on when materials are presented in a crystalline matrix. Just comparing identical material compositions like al203 alumina ceramic versus al203 sapphire makes for some interesting curiosities.

Conductivity for electricity is a bit different than conducting heat; quartz is generally used as a semiconductor. It technically conducts heat poorly.

I used SiC for quite some time so I'm familiar with it. I agree that a titanium base is not the best way to implement SiC, though Liger fans claim its the holy grail so I guess this is all so subjective. I mostly dab solventless though so I appreciate the cleanliness and nonporosity of sapphire/ruby.

Some claim those colors contain more trace metals such as iron and titanium which significantly affects the thermal properties. I'm skeptical, but Ialso realize that science doesn't know shit about anything so at the same time it wouldn't surprise me either. People have been describing metaphysical propeties of mineral stones for thousands of years; the same cultures that invented science, math, astronomy, etc.

There's definitely some voodoo that goes on when materials are presented in a crystalline matrix. Just comparing identical material compositions like al203 alumina ceramic versus al203 sapphire makes for some interesting curiosities.

I too was swayed by the claims of liger superiority.

ultimately I wasn't satisfied and really regret my purchase.

really had me questioning my sensory skills for a bit, but I doubled down and I know its not the right solution for me.

someone has to figure out a gemstone base for us all.

pghjd

Liger fans are kinda weird imo. Titanium is pretty much a non factor in dabbing now but they seem to feel they get a better experience with it than quartz, even though heavyweights like highly educated have moved away from ti. I think a good majority of the fans got in to them before quartz banger exploded in popularity.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
It's official, after trying sapphire, I just can't go back to opaque quartz... not even drop tech!

It's like it defies physics with just how smooth the vapour is, and the flavour notes are sooooo damn clean!

Lotsa downsides, but my priorities have ALWAYS been SMOOTHNESS, FLAVOUR, EFFECTS and it exceeds quartz in all of those!
Damn it, they sold out...

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
After a first initial pulls I can def. say I´m liking it so far :D :D :D
Cruising now at 440F insert temp and pulling clouds I feel I could even drop some more degrees...works crazy efficient..dunno if the axial coil also comes into play much but I can pull quite big drops without problem in few pulls...flavor not much of a difference to the Liger/sapphire but I haven't done any A/B yet..what I def. can say is that I LOVE using my Bubble caps..my Badabing one fits PERFECT length wise and I love the more direct airflow and its sooo nice seeing what's actually going on in ur banger :love:

Cleaning at that temp works also like a charm, I use 2 dry tips every dab and the insert stays perfect clean...thats also essential for a tasty dab in my book :nod:

2uf59b4.jpg

Last edited:

pghjd

Constant gems is really showing his greed off. He's dropping yellow and green sapphire dishes not knowing that yellow sapphire has yttrium which is bad for your health.

biohacker

Constant gems is really showing his greed off. He's dropping yellow and green sapphire dishes not knowing that yellow sapphire has yttrium which is bad for your health.

Where do you see this? All I see are white sapphire and ruby.

How do you know that yellow sapphire contains yttrium? I googled "yellow sapphire yttrium" and it came up blank.

biohacker,
Reactions: ataxian

pghjd

biohacker

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtW1953HiSpPSN73tevYT5GZ1j2FHVoUhngT540/
Greek was making some posts about it yesterday. That's where I heard it but who knows. Either way these are probably gonna be in the $400+ range because they're "super limited". So I wouldn't buy it regardless

Interesting, Greek should spend more time answering his customer's emails/inquiries instead of slandering the competition :lol: Just want to know when those ruby inserts will be ready to go as well as more white sapphires in stock. Even though I think the ruby is useless to me because 710coils sidewalls are 2.5mm and they are for 2mm max I believe.

biohacker,
Reactions: Hogni

pghjd

Interesting, Greek should spend more time answering his customer's emails/inquiries instead of slandering the competition :lol: Just want to know when those ruby inserts will be ready to go as well as more white sapphires in stock. Even though I think the ruby is useless to me because 710coils sidewalls are 2.5mm and they are for 2mm max I believe.
He said he's been sick so he took a little personal time and he's trying to get back to everbody as soon as he can

biohacker

Looks like Greek Glass Shop is going to be out of stock of the $50 sapphires for a LONG time!

$75 Rubies land mid Feb! :rockon:

Think I may grab a Fadespace SiC! :D

Not sure i'm going to be successful finding another 17mm that will fit a 710coils banger?

How big are "Puffco Peak" inserts? guessing a lot smaller?

Last edited:
biohacker,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Looks like Greek Glass Shop is going to be out of stock of the $50 sapphires for a LONG time!

$75 Rubies land mid Feb! :rockon:

Think I may grab a Fadespace SiC! :D

Not sure i'm going to be successful finding another 17mm that will fit a 710coils banger?

How big are "Puffco Peak" inserts? guessing a lot smaller?
The ceramic peak inserts are about 15mm dia at the top. I would think all the quartz and gem inserts made for the peak are 15mm dia.

nosmoking,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

The ceramic peak inserts are about 15mm dia at the top. I would think all the quartz and gem inserts made for the peak are 15mm dia.

That's awesome thank you! Sounds like they will work great in a thick walled 25mm banger. Only 2mm less than what i'm rocking now, not a huge difference really.

I just saw a comment from Greek Glass saying that Fadespace SiC inserts are better than his Ruby?! And Fadespace is saying that the SiC insert is way better than sapphire and ruby!? Whaaat?!

@alittledabwilldoya'[/USER]

Is Nautilus still around? Site requires a PW?

https://rareearthgeminserts.com/products

Last edited:
biohacker,
That's awesome thank you! Sounds like they will work great in a thick walled 25mm banger. Only 2mm less than what i'm rocking now, not a huge difference really.

I just saw a comment from Greek Glass saying that Fadespace SiC inserts are better than his Ruby?! And Fadespace is saying that the SiC insert is way better than sapphire and ruby!? Whaaat?!

@alittledabwilldoya'[/USER]

Is Nautilus still around? Site requires a PW?

https://rareearthgeminserts.com/products

adaptech, it's like rubiesareforever.com or something.

hey Roth, I've been thinking can you educate me on optical spectroscopes. is this something a consumer could do cheaply to try to gather data on a correlation between wavelength and gemstone function?

helpoverthere,
Reactions: exmex

biohacker

So other than Constant Gems, Adapt Tech, and Greek Glass Shop, is there anyone else that sells ruby and sapphire inserts?

biohacker,
CCA710 and dnail both sell saph for their own enails.

W/ dnail the insert is meant to sit in their head (30 mm OD) so it fits in a 30 mm banger fine.

other than that, I don't know anyone.

helpoverthere,
Reactions: exmex

exmex

SiC is nice for sure but better then ruby and sapphire, i dunno about that. I have two Obsidian inserts (CCA710's version of SiC) 30mm and 20mm and a 30mm Sapphire insert for a year now and honestly go back and forth between the SiC and Sapphire. SiC and sapphire are very close in taste imo. Sapphire i feel like has a slightly better taste but i think thats because the vapor off sapphire is smoother. But! thats only when the sapphire is clean but that goes for any dabbin surface really! With that said, SiC is amazingly easy to keep clean and i prefer a clean SiC insert over a dirty sapphire one for sure. Plus SiC is durable af where i feel like i have to baby the sapphire insert. I cant add much on ruby balls vs SiC balls because i only have 3 ruby balls (6mm,5mm,4mm). I do like 2 (6 & 5mm) rubies in my insert because without it leaves a small puddle. I think the SiC balls would be better tho just because SiC seems very easy to keep clean. Also I feel like the bigger rubies are better (6vs4mm) just because of more surface area. Need to get some SiC balls and tester out i guess hahaha thanks for ur time :)

Top Bottom