Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
And now back to our regularly scheduled thread topic: Gem Inserts for Bangers

So do y’all think the country of manufacture is the primary reason for the pricing of inserts?
Do sellers use the country of origin to justify the price and/or increase their profits?

Do you guys think prices overall for gem inserts goes down as more users discover & buy them?
Or is it just gonna be a market of <$100 inserts and then fancy inserts in $400-800 range?

These inserts really seem to make a difference for a good many members I respect here; do you foresee that gem inserts wind up in every dabber’s toolkit or just those in the know who want the best experience?

Now if you cats can share thoughtful answers to any/all of these Qs, it will get us back on track! :tup:

pxl_jockey,
Reactions: Shooby

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Please tell me what chemical reaction would be present in an titanium air path?

Just continuing the quartz vs titanium debate that shooby started on the CCA threads. I'll try to be nicer but I feel that too should go both ways.
You just couldn't let it go.. You've just earned another warning point which gives you a 3-day vacation from FC. You have also been banned from this thread going forward.

:peace:

biohacker

Greek glass just announced a restock of ruby and sapphire inserts. This time he’ll have 30mm inserts available too, I can’t wait!

The re-stock is only 18mm, not 19mm. Curious, were you the douche giving me a hard time on reddit, not believing what I paid for mine? :lol: Not sure why they don't make these inserts sized appropriately.. 19mm is the sweetspot for 2.5mm bangers, and 18mm doesn't make things better, and 2mm sidewalls doesn't make things better either lol.

He also has an industry crushing ruby "splash guard" around the corner, although I personally don't even see the need for one? What splash??

Also not sure why he went with 22mm and not 23mm or 24mm for the 30mm bangers... guess it must just be a cost thing.

I also DM'ed him to stock some tall thick bottom and side walled bangers, as the textbook insert banger, because that's the one thing missing in his shop!

Thanks @Stu for your efforts, it was like the Wild West here without daytime moderation! :lol: I have a new appreciation for this forum and moderation.... holy fuck it was almost like Reddit yesterday for a while! :rofl:

Nice to have the thread back on TOPIC!

Last edited:

tylerj55

The re-stock is only 18mm, not 19mm. Curious, were you the douche giving me a hard time on reddit, not believing what I paid for mine? :lol: Not sure why they don't make these inserts sized appropriately.. 19mm is the sweetspot for 2.5mm bangers, and 18mm doesn't make things better, and 2mm sidewalls doesn't make things better either lol.

He also has an industry crushing ruby "splash guard" around the corner, although I personally don't even see the need for one? What splash??

Also not sure why he went with 22mm and not 23mm or 24mm for the 30mm bangers... guess it must just be a cost thing.

I also DM'ed him to stock some tall thick bottom and side walled bangers, as the textbook insert banger, because that's the one thing missing in his shop!

Thanks @Stu for your efforts, it was like the Wild West here without daytime moderation! :lol: I have a new appreciation for this forum and moderation.... holy fuck it was almost like Reddit yesterday for a while! :rofl:

Nice to have the thread back on TOPIC!
Nope, not me at all! Lol I barely ever post on Reddit due to the chaos you mentioned. 22mm seems to be the go to size for rubies for 30mm nails as that’s the size adapt tech uses as well.

I’m interested in the splash guard, but I feel the splash guard bangers/inserts are really only beneficial in the peak and small devices like that, due to their small dish size.

biohacker

22mm seems to be the go to size for rubies for 30mm nails as that’s the size adapt tech uses as well.

I know, I can't even fathom what they would charge for a legit 24mm! I just have experience with more than a 1mm gap (which is textbook IMO) and didn't like it as much.

Honestly i'm not even sure why the XL sized dish inserts are desired... I guess for those massive globs, because my 19mm can crush a .1g like its nothing. Even my old 17mm Greek Sapphire was able to crush!

tylerj55

I know, I can't even fathom what they would charge for a legit 24mm! I just have experience with more than a 1mm gap (which is textbook IMO) and didn't like it as much.

Honestly i'm not even sure why the XL sized dish inserts are desired... I guess for those massive globs, because my 19mm can crush a .1g like its nothing. Even my old 17mm Greek Sapphire was able to crush!
You recognize me from reddit because I sold you my Switch on here/through reddit hahah! How do you like it?

The gap bothers the hell out of me too, it could be more efficient I feel if it was just 1-2mm bigger. I think it’s that size for like 3-4mm thick walled bangers though.

JCat

Accessory Maker
You just couldn't let it go.. You've just earned another warning point which gives you a 3-day vacation from FC. You have also been banned from this thread going forward.

:peace:
Thanks Stu

You recognize me from reddit because I sold you my Switch on here/through reddit hahah! How do you like it?

The gap bothers the hell out of me too, it could be more efficient I feel if it was just 1-2mm bigger. I think it’s that size for like 3-4mm thick walled bangers though.
Yeah ... I really feel too much gap is not good at all.

I would love a ruby insert for my 30mm ... but it has to fit right :)

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

Haha, i've done so many transactions over the past decade+ that i've lost track! The Switch didn't last long, I just didn't like the taste/process compared to my quartz/gemstone/torch/IR! Solid device though for sure.

Yeah, anything more than 1mm gap creates too much of a maintenance nightmare with oil getting in the banger walls IME. Good point about the 3mm thick sidewalls working perfectly with the 18mm insert! :)

4mm sidewall bangers exist? :brow:

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
The reason why beer from glass bottles taste better is because it is bottle conditioned, meaning that they allow the beer to finish its fermentation process in the bottle and that's what creates the CO2. Canned beer is almost exclusively carbonated with C02. It doesn't have the same body and character that you get with a live beer that contains a little yeast sediment.

I realize this person won't see this, but I feel compelled to address it anyway... this is utter nonsense. Not all bottled beer is bottle conditioned (in fact most is not) and not all canned beer is co2 injected. What an absurd talking point to cover up their lack of knowledge on just about everything here.

biohacker

I realize this person won't see this, but I feel compelled to address it anyway... this is utter nonsense. Not all bottled beer is bottle conditioned (in fact most is not) and not all canned beer is co2 injected. What an absurd talking point to cover up their lack of knowledge on just about everything here.

He'll be able to see it, just not respond to it.

And I completely agree with you.

I also haven't had a proper beer in ages, and now i'm starting to get thirsty, and it's not even noon yet! :lol:

I used to enjoy quality craft brews with my flower vapour sessions, but never dabs for some reason! :\

I think I know what i'm doing today! Craft brew, caviar, and ruby! :D:rockon:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I pulled out the smaller 20mm CCA SiC insert and dropped it in a 24mm quave yesterday and left it in there for most of the evening.

My first thought after my first dab at like 515F was not bad with some Persy. fairly smooth and tasty. Better than i remembered. Quite enjoyable. Left the bitch in there for a few hours and took some more dabs.
It milks nicely. I was happy with it. Sorta the same as having 2 ruby spheres in your insert. I was like hmm.. Maybe ill grab one of those SiC inserts later on for shits n giggles if its a good deal.

As the night came, i just wanted to go back to my 30mm bangers as my favorite size insert is 22mm over the 24mm. The 20mm SiC CCA insert was just way too small and walls was so short, oil splashed everywhere. So i put a ruby in my sapphire insert and took a dab of the same 710labs Persy

My first thought was wow. this is so much more enjoyable. much smoother, lighter and tastier vape. just an overall better experience IMO.

At this point, i would probably just get another Ruby over a SiC.

For me, even tho i dont notice much difference between ruby and sapphire but i like rubies over sapphire! It may be because of the polished aspect or the fact it is RED. And now that i dont have a coil around my bangers when i dab, i prefer some color there. My ruby inserts always have a sapphire sphere and sapphire inserts always have a ruby sphere now.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread topic: Gem Inserts for Bangers

So do y’all think the country of manufacture is the primary reason for the pricing of inserts?
Do sellers use the country of origin to justify the price and/or increase their profits?

Do you guys think prices overall for gem inserts goes down as more users discover & buy them?
Or is it just gonna be a market of <$100 inserts and then fancy inserts in $400-800 range?

These inserts really seem to make a difference for a good many members I respect here; do you foresee that gem inserts wind up in every dabber’s toolkit or just those in the know who want the best experience?

Now if you cats can share thoughtful answers to any/all of these Qs, it will get us back on track! :tup:

Yes. Labor and knowledge in China is very limited. Purely copy cats with much cheaper labor and no environmental laws or restrictions . That is how i make my money as i work for a Chinese corporate company in the semiconductor industry. There is no R&D and testing is extremely primitive . QC testing is basically done by eye without tools by a young girl. I have toured many factories in China and its terrible. Its pretty shitty working for a Chinese company. But they will pay you if you do your job.

The reason i prefer Adapt tech is because i know their manufacturer in Russia and tried bring it here before them but ended up being sent to them to buy from. My relationship with adapt tech stem from the their manufacturer.
I know the extensive testing they do on their sapphires as that is their primary business. Sapphire for watches, technology and scientific use.

How much can you get a sapphire or ruby insert for a 25mm banger these days? i havent looked but would assume $100+. I wouldnt expect pricing to drop below $100. I know the selling price of the inserts from Russia. I dont know what the sellign price of China is but i can only imagine how low the price is knowing the info and pricing on Russia made gems.

I dont think every dabber will own these. Price and durability for many will still scare them away from even trying these gems and look for alternatives or stick with quartz.

Last edited:

Kanna_Kult

Wow I don’t look at this thread for 3 days and holy shit
He'll be able to see it, just not respond to it.

And I completely agree with you.

I also haven't had a proper beer in ages, and now i'm starting to get thirsty, and it's not even noon yet! :lol:

I used to enjoy quality craft brews with my flower vapour sessions, but never dabs for some reason! :\

I think I know what i'm doing today! Craft brew, caviar, and ruby! :D:rockon:
I’ve noticed the same thing! I only like beer when I vape flower, I find it ruins the taste of concentrates except for the ones that kinda taste like cheese.

@Shooby have you got your hands on any of the Chinese inserts? If so, how do they stack up to the Russian made ones? I’m sure there’s a difference in quality, just like American and import quartz. But, is it worth the ENORMOUS price difference (to you, obviously it’s subjective, I’m just curious of your personal opinion)?

Also, has anyone got MLglass/biao tang’s new ruby insert? $40 sounds too good to be true. I still have yet to use the one I got from GG for $85 (need a new coil n banger from Shane, cant drop the cash right now do to personal shit) but damn the polish on that thing is nice for the price. I’ve been trying to get more people I know to jump on the gemstone train as the sapphire dabs off the halo were sooooo tasty. To bad I shattered the shit out of that by thermally shocking it. I can’t wait to taste gems with no Ti in the airway. I also can’t get over how pretty the ruby is, it’s so gorgeous in the sunshine

biohacker

Wow I don’t look at this thread for 3 days and holy shit

Are you not entertained?? :brow:

Also, has anyone got MLglass/biao tang’s new ruby insert? $40 sounds too good to be true.

They aren't the same as your Greek Ruby, and some of those pics are Greek's lol. Didn't even ask him lol So, I guess they are what they are, but that's according to the greek himself.

Thanks @Shooby for the SiC feedback!! :nod::rockon:

Guess the only thing i'm really curious about now is Adapt Tech's drop in Sapphire!

Grifo

damn i cracked my sapphire insert from constant gems. I used a qtip with water after my dab and it cracked :cry: im afraid to take a regular dab now.

anyone know where i can get a cheap sapphire insert?

edit: is there an general insert for bangers thread? i kinda feel like we hijacked this one. Or is it just me?

Grifo,

JCat

Accessory Maker
damn i cracked my sapphire insert from constant gems. I used a qtip with water after my dab and it cracked :cry: im afraid to take a regular dab now.

edit: is there an general insert for bangers thread? i kinda feel like we hijacked this one. Or is it just me?
Why did you use a q-tip with water!!! damn :(

Grifo

Why did you use a q-tip with water!!! damn :(
it was after the last dab of the night, it was sort of dirty and im a dumb ass. I only paid $100 so im not that mad but still that was a $100 lesson right there. And im not gonna lie ill probably break another. I figured i was fine because it was just on the qtip but yeah im retarded.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude

Sorry my man, just saw that constant gems has one for $200 & another for $250. Not exactly cheap, I know but definitely on that end of the gem insert pricing scale. Unless there’s some crazy instagram price wars in the next year or so, I’m expecting to pay between $2-300 for a nicely polished decent quality insert. Those gorgeous adapt tech double diamond cut inserts but their price tags are well out of my league and I can’t really see any possible benefit beyond beauty. That’s reason enough if one desires it and the budget allows, don’t get me wrong - gods know I’ve spent waaay more on glass recently than I would’ve dreamed a couple years ago. Whatever floats your boat, we only go downstream once!

Grifo

Sorry my man, just saw that constant gems has one for $200 & another for $250. Not exactly cheap, I know but definitely on that end of the gem insert pricing scale. Unless there’s some crazy instagram price wars in the next year or so, I’m expecting to pay between $2-300 for a nicely polished decent quality insert. Those gorgeous adapt tech double diamond cut inserts but their price tags are well out of my league and I can’t really see any possible benefit beyond beauty. That’s reason enough if one desires it and the budget allows, don’t get me wrong - gods know I’ve spent waaay more on glass recently than I would’ve dreamed a couple years ago. Whatever floats your boat, we only go downstream once!
i messaged greek glass and he is getting some in 30 days.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Probably saw some of the recent posts about boiling ISO in the ruby, but it was just hotter than he thought? :brow:
I think if you boil the ISO or water from a room temp start, that might be better! (I'm too chicken to try it though :lol: )

+cleaning with a dry q-tip with frequent ISO wipe cleanings in between when cool seem to keep things immaculate. Can use a little water and baking soda if you have a little more stubborn buildup as well ... as that would get any stuck on grime off with little elbow grease ...

JCat

Accessory Maker
:bowdown::rockon::tup:

I thought the dark crystal soaking was kinda just so-so, but with the baking soda I don't even need to soak it for very long! Thanks brother! :wave:
Yeah ... I just thought of it the other day ... and when I tried it out it's amazing what it does to those stubborn burnt on stains ... comes off like butter :) Cheap, effective, and non-toxic.

Grifo

Probably saw some of the recent posts about boiling ISO in the ruby, but it was just hotter than he thought? :brow:
Lol no I was cleaning with a qtip with iso with out noticable damage but it would evaporate pretty quickly and wasnt working well. And yeah it was hotter than i thought cause I also burned myself taking it out. Haha

Top Bottom