Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

tylerj55

I remember that thing. No way. To big and bulky. I like the concept but way too much for what it is. Plus, it still leaves a coil on the banger that blocks the beautiful ruby.
he has options that are built into furniture as well, like desks and tables. I agree though, I am dreaming of a way to use a ruby insert with no heat-up time while keeping it visible. I'm one of those people who loves to see the vapor.

tylerj55,

Grifo

I remember that thing. No way. To big and bulky. I like the concept but way too much for what it is. Plus, it still leaves a coil on the banger that blocks the beautiful ruby.
Hmmm seems like your method is the way to go. Im gonna crank up my controller pretty high and try it later.

Grifo,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I like the @Shooby method as well. I am working on another method of heating 19mm OD inserts that allows full sight of the insert and puts it right in front of my eyes with my rig and setup. Its really neat and effective being able to see what your dab is doing. Its funny because I always figured the dab or concentrate spread around the dish applying an even coating more or less and then the terp pearls would redistribute heat back as it spun, however after putting everything right in front of my eyes I have noticed all too often the pearls just sit there and the dab or concentrate itself swooshes around my Ruby insert and each time it hits the pearl I get a little oopmh it seems.

jamesvally

I see Greek glass has rubies back. What size should I get for a daily driver. I see theres 18mm and 22mm. Who has tried both for the 25mm and 30mm back respectively. Which was better for daily? Most of my dabs are fairly large throughout the day for severe back pain, nerve damage.

jamesvally,
Reactions: JCat

biohacker

I see Greek glass has rubies back. What size should I get for a daily driver. I see theres 18mm and 22mm. Who has tried both for the 25mm and 30mm back respectively. Which was better for daily? Most of my dabs are fairly large throughout the day for severe back pain, nerve damage.

22mm is a stupid size IMO as most thick walled bangers are 3mm which will leave a 2mm gap which is 1mm too much (insert will move around too much, and cause more banger maintenance IME). It works, but when I went to 1mm gap from 2mm, I was quite happy about the better fitment, but i'm also quite picky.

18mm makes much more sense as you would have a textbook fit gap of 1mm with a 3mm thick walled like a Toro Grail. And the 18mm can handle large dabs (.1g) without a problem.

The hunt is on for the 3.5mm walled banger! :lol:

jamesvally

22mm is a stupid size IMO as most thick walled bangers are 3mm which will leave a 2mm gap which is 1mm too much (insert will move around too much, and cause more banger maintenance IME). It works, but when I went to 1mm gap from 2mm, I was quite happy about the better fitment, but i'm also quite picky.

18mm makes much more sense as you would have a textbook fit gap of 1mm with a 3mm thick walled like a Toro Grail. And the 18mm can handle large dabs (.1g) without a problem.

Thanks so much @biohacker that is exactly the type of information and answer I 2as looking for. Because I'm OCD about cleaning .

jamesvally,
Reactions: biohacker

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

Or a 1mm thin walled 25mm banger!

But that's the exact reason I keep going back and forth on whether or not to order the 22mm for my 30mm banger.

If GG happens to drop a decent coupon code though, that will probably put me over the edge.

I think I could sell it without much of a loss if I decide I don't like the size too.

...I keep talking myself into it...

Grifo

IME oil was traveling up the sides with the smaller insert. I'm hoping with the larger surface area it will be less of a problem because since breaking the 18mm insert I had I've been using the banger with out it and im no longer getting oil traveling up the side of the banger. But again I'm talking out my ass and wont know until I use it.

Grifo,
Reactions: JCat

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
IME oil was traveling up the sides with the smaller insert.

Up the sides of the insert or sides of the banger? Honestly never had a problem with oil creeping up the side of my 19mm ruby, but if you have a spouted carb cap and inhale too hard you can fairly easily splatter oil onto the sidewalls of the banger.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: biohacker

Justpassedu

Started to read through the thread a little more since my last visit and saw some discussion on what I may need but it doesn't seem to be out there. I use a 30mm quartz banger with a 25mm opaque bottom insert that is just ok , can be better. I ordered a 28mm off dhgate and it just doesn't fit but I want a quality insert that isnt crazy expensive. Was looking at that ruby one @biohacker but it does seem to small for a 30mm banger. Anything else out there that will fit perfect. My quartz with opaque bottom fits perfect leaving the tiniest gap between the walls of my banger and the insert but its nothing special and sometimes a pain to clean. I use a wrap around coil with my enail so being close to the walls is good for me since it distributes heat evenly but I'm afraid if I go to small it may not heat well using my enail , 22mm may not be big enough .

Justpassedu,

tylerj55

So it seems like noisybeeglass will be adding a preorder for a 3.5mm thick banger made for this insert. They said it will cost $2 more than the one I listed, and will be shipped out within a week. They’re going to post a preorder for it later today I think? I’m not 100% sure, I can update when I get more info.

*edit*

So all you have to do is select the wall thickness you’d like. I’m ordering one today for sure.

https://noisybeeglass.com/discount/35THICK?redirect=/products/xxl-30mm-flat-top-4mm-thick-bottom-quartz-banger-free-shipping

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I do not think it matters as much as you guys think when using opaque bottom, full opaque or gemstone inserts. My portable device heats the inserts directly from the bottom only and performance does not lack, however my ruby outperforms all the other inserts because it somehow distributes more evenly and retains heat much longer. Some weekends my testing shuts down my enail use completely because it performs just as good so I really think the gap is more of a maintenance and fitment issue than anything else. I know from using smaller inserts (peak size) in my portable device that it annoyed me to have all the extra room when swabbing the inserts clean. It did not seem to effect performance at all though.

jamesvally

But that's the exact reason I keep going back and forth on whether or not to order the 22mm for my 30mm banger.

If GG happens to drop a decent coupon code though, that will probably put me over the edge.

I think I could sell it without much of a loss if I decide I don't like the size too.

...I keep talking myself into it...
Doesnt AFM have some thicker walled 30mm? My 25mm flat top is pretty thick, I'd guess at least 3mm.

jamesvally,

biohacker

Thinking outside of the box I see! :lol:

They just dropped their 4/20 sales! Looks like you're over the edge dude! :rockon:

My quartz with opaque bottom fits perfect leaving the tiniest gap between the walls of my banger and the insert but its nothing special and sometimes a pain to clean

Very easy to clean! Just drop it in ISO while it's hot! :D

My portable device heats the inserts directly from the bottom only and performance does not lack, however my ruby outperforms all the other inserts because it somehow distributes more evenly and retains heat much longer. Some weekends my testing shuts down my enail use completely because it performs just as good

:rockon::popcorn::tup:

biohacker,
Reactions: Roth

Justpassedu

Thinking outside of the box I see! :lol:

They just dropped their 4/20 sales! Looks like you're over the edge dude! :rockon:

Very easy to clean! Just drop it in ISO while it's hot! :D

:rockon::popcorn::tup:
I do that & torch it but its very hard to get the opaque white part perfect. After I do what you said I take some warm iso and pbw in the dish itself and scrub with a qtip and it takes some strength but cleans up. It's just a pain and I have been looking to experiment with something better after reading up on all the ruby talk. I do use some ruby pearls in the dish also but I'd like a ruby dish , just don't want to spend a $100+ on something that wont fit perfect.

biohacker

I just ordered the ruby insert from Greek for 15% off and I ordered one of the 3.5mm nails from noisybeeglass. If anybody’s interested I can leave a little review in the banger thread when it comes in. I’ll post the link to it here as well.

I'm curious about the bucket depth, which is why I love the 710coils bangers because the bucket is deep enough that my bubble cap doesn't go inside the actual insert. Greek has the 3mm walls 30mm banger but the bucket is too shallow!

JCat

Accessory Maker
I do that & torch it but its very hard to get the opaque white part perfect. After I do what you said I take some warm iso and pbw in the dish itself and scrub with a qtip and it takes some strength but cleans up. It's just a pain and I have been looking to experiment with something better after reading up on all the ruby talk. I do use some ruby pearls in the dish also but I'd like a ruby dish , just don't want to spend a $100+ on something that wont fit perfect.
Agreed ... I’d rather pay $120-$14o for a 24mm that will fit perfect vs a 22mm which will be way too lose IMHO ... would also be a pain to qtip out as it would move around in there like crazy!

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I just ordered the ruby insert from Greek for 15% off and I ordered one of the 3.5mm nails from noisybeeglass. If anybody’s interested I can leave a little review in the banger thread when it comes in. I’ll post the link to it here as well.

Yep, I just did the same. Thanks for link to the 3.5mm thick walled banger! And thanks to @biohacker for the heads up on GG's sale!

Hoping the 3.5 walled banger is deep enough, but we'll see.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I know adapt tech wont release 24mm gems. This is a pure business decision. When adapt tech first released the 24mm gems before the 22mm was availalbe, he was met with tons of backlash from people who used USA made bangers due to them being 3mm thick walls (Toro & ESB). Rather then making it 23mm, 22mm made more sense for future proofing your inserts and allowing you to sell this insert to all 30mm bangers regardless of wall size. Plus, the 22mm was more durable than the 24mm as the latter had a bit too many gems cracking.

To me, at the end of the day, the quartz does not keep your gems hot as it cannot hold heat as long as these gems. The only benefit i can see is that it will allow you to heat up the insert faster which in turn will use less butane and save you cash.

For me, they both get the job done but if i had to pick, i would go with a 30mm banger over 25mm banger any day personally. Why, simple, more surface space!

biohacker

For those of you using a ruby with a coil/e-nail and IR, what is the difference in temp between the ruby floor and ruby walls? I'm torching only the bottom and still getting walls quite a bit hotter than the floor. I don't even understand the physics of what's going on since the insert is 2mm all around, and the banger puck is twice the thickness of the banger walls.

Justpassedu

What would be a good height for a insert that will fit a 30mm banger? , would you want it taller ? Not sure on some dimensions but I wanna try and have some Ruby’s made that are around 24mm .

Top Bottom