Sapphire and Ruby inserts for bangers

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Delete all my post like i really care. man you take this shit way to seriously for being a fan of CCA. CCA is old news now.

You act like i was purposely promoting adapt tech on that thread for my own benefit or whatever reason you assume i am doing this shit for.

Its just a better product than the thread it was on when i was asked most likely. If you disagree with me, more power to you. I just dont really care.

Is there an ignore list or a block list on this site?

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Back on track! What the fuck is everybody puffin' on? :sherlock::sherlock:

Dabbing on some 710Labs Orange Cream Live Badder out of a Ruby bucket and #Shoobytek on the MaxVapor! PID at 600F right now.

I noticed with most of 710labs batter and rosin, that dabbing around 550F is the best temp to dab.

My mini dab fridge has the following:

all 710Labs

Gorilla Dosha 1st press live rosin
Gorrila Dosha 2nd Press live rosin - 2 of these
Kaya's Koffee X Kimbo Kush 1st press live rosin
Kaya's koffee X Kimbo Kush Persy
Fair Game Full spectrum Sauce
Z Money Batter
Chocolate Orange Batter
More Cowbell water hash

As for a holder for the coil, i did think about reaching out to Newvape and see if he could make something out of aluminum for us. Edwyn has always been great to this forum and this is something he has the ability to create.

biohacker

Got to love that taste of added chromium, LOL.

Fucking rights, it's the chromium that makes it good! It's the MSG of the gemstone world! :lol:

I noticed with most of 710labs batter and rosin, that dabbing around 550F is the best temp to dab.

Is that insert floor temp? If so, that's HOT! :brow: But based on your ShoobyTek video, it appears as if you like 'em HOT! :lol:

biohacker,
Reactions: Shooby

Anon3200

Dude you liked your liger at first and then you changed when you f***** up and you used it wrong. Now you're spreading all these misconceptions about the vapor pathway when it was not the factor that you were experiencing. I'm a fascinated by the science of this technology and materials in general. Sorry but I just have an issue when someone is wrong and is spreading misconceptions. I don't really care what you think either, you seem to be close to exploring the truth about why you experienced what you did. Really I just want to make sure people aren't making choices based on false information.

Delete all my post like i really care. man you take this shit way to seriously for being a fan of CCA. CCA is old news now.

You act like i was purposely promoting adapt tech on that thread for my own benefit or whatever reason you assume i am doing this shit for.

Its just a better product than the thread it was on when i was asked most likely. If you disagree with me, more power to you. I just dont really care.

Is there an ignore list or a block list on this site?

Anon3200,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That sounds tasty AF!!! :drool: How's the ShoobyTek working out for you with the Barrel??

Kind Selections Blueberry OG FSE in the sparkling clean white sapphire at 485 #torchtek !

Holy fuck Life is Good! :rockon:

Seems to be working pretty well but I can definitely see the axial working better! It's perfect for my mini rig that struggles to bear the weight of that 19mm insert!

Sounds like you got some of the goodies yourself! :science:

My mini dab fridge has the following:

all 710Labs

Gorilla Dosha 1st press live rosin
Gorrila Dosha 2nd Press live rosin - 2 of these
Kaya's Koffee X Kimbo Kush 1st press live rosin
Kaya's koffee X Kimbo Kush Persy
Fair Game Full spectrum Sauce
Z Money Batter
Chocolate Orange Batter
More Cowbell water hash

Dank! :sherlock::sherlock:
Love the solventless love!

Been wanting to try Papa's Select rosin sauce!

I'm a fascinated by the science of this technology and materials in general.

EVERYONE in this thread is! That's why we've all used all these different setups in the first place :D

JCat

Accessory Maker
What do you mean? The identical 19mm ruby insert is less than $55? That's a savings of nearly $50 with the shipping no?
:lol: ... my DHgate was in CDN funds ... so yes ... almost half price ... so is it worth it is the question from an unknown buyer? There’s a discount for 3+ too ...

Anon3200

Don't be an ass and stay on topic. Warning point issued

I'm not sure what motivates you to make your posts. You are being compensated for your influence.

I suspect it's not about the compensation as much as it is about an ego issue. You want to feel valuable. You want to feel like you're contributing something. The thing is though it is unethical to continue under false pretenses when you've determined that you are wrong.

I guarantee you the issues were based on thermodynamics at the dish level and not the vapor path. Over tightening your coil to the point where performance is lost makes any type of comparison invalid.

Anon3200,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Back on topic! So @Shooby any desire for one of the new sapphire or ruby droptek inserts from Adapt Tech!?

https://www.rubiesareforever.com/product-page/the-adapt-tech-sapphire-drop-in-insert

When you bust out your SiC dishes, give droptek a shot and please report back! :D

I do have one cracked sapphire from adapt tech that i tried putting in a dab in the insert and dropping it in the hot banger, (Torched) It just took to dam long to heat and was barely any vape. had to pull out the torch after trying to catch my breath getting as much vapor out of it. I never tried it again after that as it was a failure or waste. If i was dabbing cheaper shit, i probably would try more often as it would take some trial and error. Plus, i didnt want to risk completely breaking the cracked insert. These new droptek has thinner walls and maybe a thinner base to help that heat up process.

I do drop in with quartz inserts now and then and enjoy it but never really saw or notice any benefit to get me to do droptek all the time.

Ya'll ,making me wanting to pull out the CCA SiC and fuck with it tonight. I guess i can pull it out since all i got planned for the night is some blackout on PSN.

Anon3200

What are you guys using to control the kubeone? My new phone won't connect and I've been wanting to try the new app update.

Anon3200,

Anon3200

Ya'll ,making me wanting to pull out the CCA SiC and fuck with it tonight. I guess i can pull it out since all i got planned for the night is some blackout on PSN.

Honestly dude I hope you get a chance to try out the Liger air again. I really think the issue was the over-tightening, try it again with a little wiggle room. I suspect that if you get the same dish temperature you won't notice a difference between it and your other rig.

I do understand your frustration when it was performing poorly, I went back to flower for several months until I got a call of a clearance sale on dabs. I thought about sending it to August for service but he never responded to my messages. It seems like it's working good now that it's loosened however I want to try it with a new coil in case there was some hardware damage.

Perhaps August 710 coils can chime in about what the optimal coil pressure is and what happens if there is too much pressure.

Anon3200,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Whatever dude. I feel like you had a huge misconception as to why you were noticing a difference between the quartz and titanium devices. Like I said I had the same issue after trying to tighten my liger up like yours. I get you made a mistake but I don't think it would be right to continue promoting quartz over titanium without examining if there was another issue. Spreading misconceptions and false truth is the same as lying.
Well I don’t own a liger, but I do own a d-nail halo, and after switching to an all glass path, when I went back could I ever taste a METAL taste. This isn’t in my imagination—it’s real—I find it similar to drinking out of a metal can or cup vs a glass bottle or cup. There is a taste difference ... and you can taste the metal for sure ... glass is simply more neutral.

Anyway ... that’s my opinion. Unbiased.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Well I don’t own a liger, but I do own a d-nail halo, and after switching to an all glass path, when I went back could I ever taste a METAL taste. This isn’t in my imagination—it’s real—I find it similar to drinking out of a metal can or cup vs a glass bottle or cup. There is a taste difference ... and you can taste the metal for sure ... glass is simply more neutral.

Very noticable here as well, nice analogy @JCat

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Fucking rights, it's the chromium that makes it good! It's the MSG of the gemstone world! :lol:

Is that insert floor temp? If so, that's HOT! :brow: But based on your ShoobyTek video, it appears as if you like 'em HOT! :lol:

I never use the floor temp as it always seems to be one of the lowest points. I only point towards the top ledge of the walls for temp. that tiny lil flat part. I always look for the hottest temp reading i can find and go off of that temp.

Lately, my avg insert temp is probably around 530F - 550F. Much higher than when i was using just coil on banger when i had it set to just under 500F insert temp.

I hope many more of you try this and can help improve this method as well. Plus, i like how everything looks without a coil wrapped around the banger.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Honestly dude I hope you get a chance to try out the Liger air again. I really think the issue was the over-tightening, try it again with a little wiggle room. I suspect that if you get the same dish temperature you won't notice a difference between it and your other rig.

I do understand your frustration when it was performing poorly, I went back to flower for several months until I got a call of a clearance sale on dabs. I thought about sending it to August for service but he never responded to my messages. It seems like it's working good now that it's loosened however I want to try it with a new coil in case there was some hardware damage.

Perhaps August 710 coils can chime in about what the optimal coil pressure is and what happens if there is too much pressure.

Im being straight up with you. I dont see it happening. Thats like asking me if ill go back to espresso over cold brew. Everything about the Liger i dont like. Look where i going with the banger, i dont even want a coil tied to my rig.

Ligers just doesnt make sense for my needs anymore. To many cons and very lil pros at this point. Considering you can get a nice banger and coil from Shane for the price of a liger and still have cash to buy yourself a gram all for a better taste.

Add in the maintenance of cleaning the liger. Way too much work. I rather just buy 4 bangers and when its dirty, just grab a clean one and drop the other in DC for a few days.

The only Pro for the Liger is that it wont shatter when you drop it. I cant say it wont break cuz that liger air seems fragile now that it has intakes pipes you cannot remove.

The liger never performed poorly as it does create a good amount of vape. Too bad it just taste like can beer and it being too heavy, fragile and requring tons of maintenance to stay clean. Its more of a relic at this point.

I just want a simple but nice set up. no coils or metals. Just glass.

BTW, i liked the liger when i didnt know any better. Duh...

Anon3200

I have a d-nail set up as well that I stopped using because it is nowhere near as good as the liger.

I think the difference in flavor is attributable to the thermal dynamics at the dish level. The dish is too exposed in the d-nail and you get a lot of splatter losses. Furthermore the carb caps on the d-nail absorb a ton of energy from the dish, and are nowhere near as sophisticated as newer options.

Again it's only an inch and a half of air path and titanium is not very reactive. You're going to see more of a difference based on the thermal properties, the size, and the shape.

I have a several boxes of titanium and quartz I tried them both.

I have some ideas on how Josh could improve the next version however I'm worried that miss information regarding the use of titanium might be a factor in driving him to leave the business.

Again I experienced the shit that shooby was talking about and I determine that it was a failure of the coil under high pressure.

I have tasted the same bad sharp taste from quartz before. It has everything to do with dynamics of the dab temperature, vacuum, and wind speeds. If you get the same taste from using quartz at the wrong temperature than the problem is not titanium. There is a lot going on chemically in the dab. You have a big variety of chemicals, some of them are weak chemicals that degrade easily. The thermodynamics at the dish makes the biggest difference in what the chemical components are of the vapor. It has nothing to do with the titanium acting as some kind of catalyst for chemical degradation. The wrong temperature is really will give you a different experience and different chemicals / flavors. Things must be dialed in for a comparison to have any validity.

Last edited:
Anon3200,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It has nothing to do with the titanium acting as some kind of catalyst for chemical degradation. The wrong temperature is really will give you a different experience and different chemicals / flavors. Things must be dialed in for a comparison to have any validity.

It absolutely does react with the vapor in a negative way, so much that almost the entire dabbing community has moved away from it, despite far superior thermal properties over Quartz.

exmex

All glass airpath has always been the end goal for everyone i know. Ti has been old news years but it was a way to use SiC and or sapphire and was the only reason to get something Ti. Now there are more options and u dont need Ti.

Anon3200

Public discussion of staff decisions are not allowed. Warning point issued and thread ban applied.
It seems I can't disagree or they will ban me

Anon3200,

Anon3200

The reason why beer from glass bottles taste better is because it is bottle conditioned, meaning that they allow the beer to finish its fermentation process in the bottle and that's what creates the CO2. Canned beer is almost exclusively carbonated with C02. It doesn't have the same body and character that you get with a live beer that contains a little yeast sediment.

Anon3200,

Anon3200

It absolutely does react with the vapor in a negative way, so much that almost the entire dabbing community has moved away from it, despite far superior thermal properties over Quartz.

Please tell me what chemical reaction would be present in an titanium air path?

@Anon3200 You are way out of line here. Your posts are all off topic and you've crossed the "Be Nice" line on several occasions. I've only given you one warning point so far, but I will hand out more (and a thread ban) if you continue.

:peace:

Just continuing the quartz vs titanium debate that shooby started on the CCA threads. I'll try to be nicer but I feel that too should go both ways.

Anon3200,
Top Bottom