1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Discussion in 'Glass' started by t-dub, Dec 27, 2012.

?

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

1. Yes, this sounds cool.

90.1%
  2. No, you guys are nuts.

9.9%
  1. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Wow, so I found a 25% off coupon on the web and it turned out I got another $5 off due to points from previous purchases so I got 2 bottles for under $7 delivered. Not bad. :o

2. terpenes

terpenes New Member

My CCG DCycler came in and I want to keep it as pristine as possible. I plan on getting a regular dropdown (I've been looking around but can't seem to find one that actually levels or lowers the height of my banger that doesn't look strange) that will hopefully collect most of my reclaim.

I plan to use a few drops of BCCE, changing the water every 2-3 days at most. Is there anyway or point in trying to gather any reclaim that accumulates in the main chamber, after it's been in contact with BCCE?

Also was going to stick to my usual salt+IPA mix to clean but it seems PBW is recommended here so I might pick that up as well.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  3. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

No one here has ever tried it as far as I know. I have been waiting for someone to do so and report back. There are 2 different kinds of reclaim with cranberry extract that I can discern. One is clumped nuggets in the water that have a waxy exterior appearance. The other is natural resin sticking to your glass. If I was so inclined as to reclaim the latter, ISO would seem to be the answer for cleaning your glass, however, there would be impurities. If I was reclaiming the former, I would ISO wash it, strain it though a gold filter, examine its properties, and try to see if it was safe to vape it. I think cranberry extract ultimately benefits people who are unconcerned about reclaim and more interested in lower maintenance in the cleanliness of their "in vitro" vaping experience.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    MoltenTiger, Morty, terpenes and 2 others like this.
  4. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Every time I clean a water piece I wonder about capturing some reclaim out of it due to the strong odor (lovely) I get from the hot water bath. However, I change my water every day because it develops what appears to me to be mold or bacteria by the second day, and fighting that would seem to be a safety issue. I think further up the thread some have found some relief from this by adding some ascorbic acid to the water, but I think that may interfere with the reclaim as well.

Just observations, I have never tried it. Before vaping I often left water in a bong for up to a week. Since changing to vaping I have become MUCH more sensitive to odor and taste and I wouldn't dream of doing that today even without the CE that seems to generate the bacteria.

mrterpenes, terpenes, t-dub and 3 others like this.
  5. turk

turk turk

....cheers t-dub you have assisted many members on this thread...and pbw too...I've been a disciple since reading...2012...or 13.....back to evo and college hoops...:clap:

MoltenTiger, KidFated., t-dub and 2 others like this.
  6. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Funny. I just went back all of one page and noticed it was citric acid not ascorbic acid, and it was @t-dub recommending it. :rofl:

terpenes, turk, t-dub and 1 other person like this.
  7. terpenes

terpenes New Member

Thanks for the insight everyone. I'll be getting a reclaim catcher/dropdown once I find one I actually like, and dump any reclaim that builds up in the piece along with the water. I would rather my piece stay clean than have a little bit more reclaim :wave:

t-dub and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  8. organicali

organicali Active Member

I am quite happy with how RezBlock performs, but only find it necessary with combustion

MoltenTiger and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  9. 1DMF

1DMF Old School Cheesy Quaver

I've just bought my 2nd lot of NACE, I went a week without any and the skank that built up on the glass was shocking as I am so used to how clean it is with NACE and forgot just how well it works.

Morty, t-dub, kellya86 and 2 others like this.
  10. organicali

organicali Active Member

I've also heard that using distilled water is quite effective

Kalikron, kellya86 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  11. MoltenTiger

MoltenTiger Well-Known Member

Must be time to commence my second trial with RezBlock, now with a direct vapour path from my Grasshopper with PFE I get much more oil forming which makes cleaning a little more time consuming. Does anyone know how long the vials last? Does NACE print best before or anything? Don't think RezBlock do. My vial is probably 2/3 remaining and a year old.
    I assume it should be reasonable with the citric acid component more concentrated in solution. RezBlock diluted in a piece lasts maybe 2 days, which is why I gave up using it.

Don't leave it in a rig over holidays!

t-dub, SSVUN~YAH and kellya86 like this.
  12. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

I use vapour distilled smart water..

I go a week between changes...

Have considered additives, but never bothered...

13. 1DMF

1DMF Old School Cheesy Quaver

Shit didn't even think about that, does it go off?

SSVUN~YAH and MoltenTiger like this.
  14. MoltenTiger

I guess theoretically, but it might just dry up. I'm not really sure

1DMF and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  15. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

My BC does not have a use by date on it, just a lot #. The remaining bottles I have are a couple years old and everything looks and tastes fine. Since it is water based I think it would just dry up. As long as you store in a cool, dark place you're fine. Hot, direct sunlight is probably not a good idea though.

Morty, SSVUN~YAH, 1DMF and 1 other person like this.
  16. pppp1500

pppp1500 New Member

Hello,

I found the analysis of Roger D. very interesting. I hope he will reply as I cannot send him a message

I would like to know what is the most efficient final homemade recipe as an alternative to Rezblock ?
    is that the best ? 1g cranberry / .75 VG / .5 Acid / 160ml water
    Where to buy the appropriate cranberry powder ?

Thank you very much !

17. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

I do not use VG in my mix. You need to use the color of your water as an indicator to know when enough cranberry extract has been added to make the water a medium pink color. Then add enough citric acid to lower the PH to like 5 or 4. You will have to experiment to see what works best for you.
    @Roger D liked the powder but it had a lot of particles. The liquid, non alcohol, cranberry extract is better imho . . . :2c:

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  18. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

Hey @t-dub. Finally got got a bottle of NACE. If I change the water nightly before bed, I shouldn't have to worry about getting any citric acid sour salt should I ? Thanks dude. Not sure why I waited so long.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  19. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I have used this product (rezblock cranberry extract) but failed to see the benefit for me. Just recently I tossed my half full bottle.

My glass is always maintained very clean using distilled water only that is changed very frequently.

:2c:

MinnBobber likes this.
  20. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Hey @Morty - Frequent fluid changes should keep everything nice and clean. Have fun!!! :)

SSVUN~YAH and Morty like this.
  21. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

Hey @t-dub. :wave: Hope your doing well & still getting high AF watching Viceland.

I've got a new "friend", and I got to see what a $350 incycler looks like w/ RezBlock left in it for 2 months. FUZZZZY. :rofl:

"I think I'm gonna clean it up & sell it". Yeah ? Well...not to me!

GreenHopper and t-dub like this.
  22. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

PBW . . . as good as new . . . :peace:

Shrike, SSVUN~YAH, kellya86 and 2 others like this.
  23. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Soooo funny. I end up going back and forth between Amazon and Botanic Choice to get my CE based on price. I just opened my last bottle and went looking to order more. Amazon has been cheaper lately, but right now its like $12/bottle which is a little nuts. So, back to BC where it's $5 a bottle and $6 shipping so $16 delivered for 2.

I can live with that, tho that $7 delivered for 2 before was a great deal. I suppose it's only fair that I let them make a profit occasionally.

This has become a daily regimen so I do like keeping the cost down. But I'm sure it saves me hours in cleaning time so its worth it.

SSVUN~YAH, MoltenTiger and t-dub like this.
  24. MoltenTiger

Yeah, it's possible it fluctuates with the availability/seasons of cranberries?
    Even for the more premium price it's still cheaper than RezBlock though. Now that shit has an unreasonable profit margin... constantly too

SSVUN~YAH, cybrguy and t-dub like this.
  25. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Yeah, especially when it is all but identical to the CE...

SSVUN~YAH and MoltenTiger like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors