RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

• Total voters

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So, just to summarize this thread in case folks don't want to read the whole thing, the thread began as a discussion of RezBlock, a retail bong water supplement meant to help keep bong glass clean, made and sold by 420Science (and resold by others). The questions were:
1) Does it work?
2) If it does work, why does it work? and It's very Pricey
3)Is there a cheaper alternative that works as well?

Rather than just a casual discussion, many of the players here were serious about this and used :science: and the scientific method for a fairly detailed investigation.

Early answers were that it definitely did seem to work and allowed cleaning needing little more than hot water rinses. Several other methods and products were discussed but it seemed clear that the leading contender for ease of use and effectiveness in a bong water additive was RezBlock. It was just kinda expensive.

Then starting around page 16 it was discovered that Cranberry Extract (from Natures Answer) (NACE) seemed to also work extremely well, and was suspiciously similar in many ways to RezBlock, while being WAY cheaper. And not too long after that someone found Botanic Choice Cranberry Extract (BCCE) which was nearly identical to NACE. These products could be had at dramatically lower prices than RezBlock.

@Vitolo was involved in this now and continued the testing, and at some point he brought the RezBlock and the BCCE to a chemist to compare them chemically, and he found that they were identical. While the quantities of the different components within these products (cranberry juice concentrate, vegetable glycerine, citrus acid and purified water) may be slightly different, the components seem to be the same.

I have been a believer since I first started reading this thread, and use BCCE in virtually every glass piece I use with water. It has really made my glass cleaning life easier without breaking the bank. Some people make adjustments like adding more citrus acid to slow bacteria growth, but I find the smell and taste after a day are too much for my post vaping sensitivities anyway so I change my water daily. YMMV

I only mentioned @Vitolo, but many others including @t-dub, @Caligula, and @pigfoot and @BigDaddyVapor and others were involved in nailing this baby down. Thanks to all of you.

Thanks for this. Fantastic summary and as an occasional Rezblock user, perfect reading. Thanks.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
LesPlenty,
Reactions: Summer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It is actually a poll, the OP says the following in the opening statement;

Well, yeah, it started out as a poll. And you can still answer the poll question.
However it quickly evolved to a discussion of Rezblock and bong glass. There seems more to the 1252 posts than a yes or no response. Somehow.

If I had a lemon tree in my back yard I would definitely add fresh slices to my drinking water glasses. I like the taste of lemon. I might even add some to a bong occasionally for the aroma. I wouldn't, however, expect it to keep my bong glass clean. YMMV

cybrguy,
Reactions: hosstito

LesPlenty

Company Rep
for the aroma. I wouldn't, however, expect it to keep my bong glass clean. YMMV
Don't use too much lemon juice, if you can smell it you have too much (it won't hurt though).
You only expect it to not keep your bong clean, why not give it a try and see for yourself?
Lemon juice concentrate from a bottle also works a treat if you don't have a tree (use even less, 2 or 3 drops for a normal bong, 3 or 4 for a rattle can.):myday:

LesPlenty,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You only expect it to not keep your bong clean, why not give it a try and see for yourself?
Well, for 2 reasons. The first is that I believe it was one of the things tried and rejected as ineffective (at least relatively so) within the 50 pages of this thread. You know, the stuff that isn't a poll. ;)
The other is that I already have a great solution that I have been using happily for several years now.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I was put onto the lemon juice by another member as a way to save money, as long as you regularly change the water. your glass will stay spotless.
If you just want to talk about Rezblock maybe you should start your own thread if you are not open to other ideas.

LesPlenty,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oh oh. Botanic Choice CE is mia. Nobody seems to have it, including Botanic Choice...

cybrguy,

MoltenTiger

Oh oh. Botanic Choice CE is mia. Nobody seems to have it, including Botanic Choice...
I got my last batch from iHerb some time ago, and they seem to have stock - I could add 35 bottles to my cart just now at least.. looks like a normal order process, they're usually pretty good with stock listing and deliveries.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Nature-s-Answer-Cranberry-Alcohol-Free-10-000-mg-1-fl-oz-30-ml/5168

https://au.iherb.com/pr/Nature-s-Answer-Cranberry-Alcohol-Free-10-000-mg-1-fl-oz-30-ml/5168

MoltenTiger,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Bugger... might have to use Rezblock instead for a little while, or is that no good or too expensive?
Very expensive in comparison. Natures Answer CE is available (at a higher price currently) from some places. I like Botanic Choice better, I need less of it, but I would probably go with NA before paying for Rezblock.

MoltenTiger

Very expensive in comparison. Natures Answer CE is available (at a higher price currently) from some places. I like Botanic Choice better, I need less of it, but I would probably go with NA before paying for Rezblock.
Ah I forgot about the two brands and glossed over that detail.
Interesting notes on BC, I found NA very similar to legit RezBlock in concentration, by eye it seemed identical.

I had trouble with biome growth if leaving rigs sitting for short periods after use with either. I guess they have a lot of sugar, and a bit of citric acid might have been another good addition.

I've pretty much given up on it these days and just run plain water

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: LesPlenty

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, the bacteria colonies start up pretty quickly. I end up changing the water every, or every other day, as soon as I see them start up. But it DOES allow me to clean my glass with just hot water so I still use it religiously. Other than the HW washes I only do a PBW wash once or twice a year.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Only US$7.50 a bottle, I can now understand why you guys use it, Rezblock is about AU$50 plus freight here and we cannot even get Cranberry Extract in liquid form. Too bad Amazon will not even post many items including the above) to Oz at this time.
Hopefully, I will get to try some in the future along with 5star PBW...

LesPlenty,
Reactions: cybrguy

MoltenTiger

Only US$7.50 a bottle, I can now understand why you guys use it, Rezblock is about AU$50 plus freight here and we cannot even get Cranberry Extract in liquid form. Too bad Amazon will not even post many items including the above) to Oz at this time.
Hopefully, I will get to try some in the future along with 5star PBW...
Both items are definitely worth a try. I posted an au link to NACE above (iHerb.com.au), it was a bit expensive (not compared to RezBlock!), but it does last a long time, many refills per bottle.

I also have both items here, if you want a care package or if you're near Hobart or Launceston we could probably sort something out.

Ozbongs sent me a bunch of RezBlock sample sachets a long time ago with an order, though it took this thread to understand what was going on, and it's quite interesting.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
FYI, I was able to order 2 bottles delivered directly from their (BC) site for slightly under $10 this week. There was a $10 coupon on the site that may have ended since, but that is the best deal I have had in a while.

Kins

Piece water...a natural alternative to water...
Looks cool but expensive (AU$25 for less than a stubby full or less than 3x rattle can refills) for a natural alt for water, always thought water was pretty natural anyway,
View attachment 5733
Piece Water 335ml (ozbongs.com.au)

It's not that expensive. You don't have to change it very often. It's also much thicker than water so it catches any small particles which makes your hits with it somewhat smoother. It lasts 40 bowls for combustion, and since vaping doesn't have as much crap in it it lasts me forever. When it gets nasty all I do is rinse the glass piece I'm using in hot water and it looks brand new. Also it's clear and doesn't effect the taste of your herb. On the site you get 3 bottles for $25 and free USA domestic shipping. 1 Bottle can easily last me a month. I love it even more for dabbing because the buildup just sits there and doesn't stick to any surface that the piece water is on.

Top Bottom