Relegated From the Primary Abode at the Behest of Your Significant Other

biohacker

we use the best incense from Satya... "super hit" is our fav and makes the house smell like fresh baked pies or something, hard to explain...

I'm surprised you even use incense as I know you are very healthy conscious like me? I don't know anything about Satya though, but it has been said that the smoke from incense is quite carcinogenic. I love incense too, but don't want to degrade my indoor air quality.

Vaping doesn't smell? I call shens. If it doesn't smell, how come my wife ALWAYS says "you smell like a skunk, spray something, the whole house reeks like a skunk!", EVERY SINGLE TIME I vape. Every time. My car smells of the sweet ghanja, because I vape in it. The only thing that gets rid of the smell is Ozium.
The myth that vaping does not smell is just that- a myth. It smells strong enough for my neighbors to notice it, my wife to notice it, & probably the po-po.
I vape outside because my wife is gracious enough to tolerate my stoned ass. Plus, she gets randomed at her job, & second hand ghanja smoke is still enough to show up on a hair test.
Keeping the peace.

This! Very said said, and it's not a myth - it's a fact. Anyone that doesn't think so doesn't have a sense of smell, just like smokers. My neighbour quit smoking after 30 years of it, and one of the first things he said when I asked him about it was that he felt that he could smell again for the first time in decades!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You really need to keep your vaporizing equipment clean or it will smell. Also some vaporizer are more stinky than others. Having air circulating through your home might help. We spend so much on vaporizers why not spend some on air filtering.

This isn't the thread to discuss to discuss air filtering your home. I don't want to derail.

I'm 60 years old and my husband and I have been married a long time. You give and take and respect each other in the process.

When our children were home things were a different story. I didn't use cannabis freely in the home then. I use cannabis for a medical condition and I have my medical card and will be getting it renewed next week.

crawdad

floatin
- keep rigs clean
- keep jars tight
- take small hits

thats how ive been able to keep the smell not detectable when indoors. the wife and i keep tabs on each other to be sure this is maintained, its a resource and responsibility that is shared but one is not exclusive of the other imho.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
We spend so much on vaporizers why not spend some on air filtering.

This isn't the thread to discuss to discuss air filtering your home. I don't want to derail.

This would be an interesting topic if many here have changed their central unit and/or ventilation to suit their lifestyle. Fresh air intake on the central system, whole house fans, exhaust/make up air units, HRV's or ERV's, activated charcoal filtration, electronic air cleaners, UV light systems, etc there are many different options for things of this nature and it would be interesting if many users on FC actually uses any.....

@C No Ego
I am MOSTLY sure my wife loves me :lol: she just doesn't want to be near me when I am vaping she doesn't like the smell. In fact when I am done with my nightly session I brush my teeth and stuff too because the smell on my breath is noticeable to her.

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete
What a funny thread. It's hilarious watching you guys defend your right not to be allowed to vape in your own home, but man you don't have get so worked up about it.
We get it, you're not allowed to vape in the house & we actually feel sorry for you.
I don't even know how you do it, what do you say? Hey hon can you please just pause this movie we're watching while I shoot outside for 15 minutes. Damn.
I'm not saying vapor doesn't smell I use a Sub & it definitely smells especially at the temperature I run it, but my house has these things called windows & they let fresh air in.
Keeping your house clean & smelling fresh is more about cleaning & maintenance & less about what you do in there.
If you don't clean properly it will stink & most people don't. Smoke inside & your house will smell but non smokers homes with pets sometimes smell even worse & those guys have no idea.
Have you ever looked inside an exhaust fan @biohacker I'm thinking resin would be the least of your concerns if you did.
Anyway you guys enjoy your cold or hot & sweaty garages sheds & verandas but we won't be thinking about you while the rest of us just sit here & vape in comfort.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Yeah, just weird. My SO doesn't partake, and she never says anything about the smell unless I am vaporizing at that moment. It doesn't linger on our clothing, getting into the closets and furniture etc. She works a gov. job, and her co-workers are always complementing her for her clothing smelling so fresh and clean. Nobody has ever asked her if she was at some pot party or anything, or had any suspicion of her using. I vape inside marathon style mostly.

The opposite was true when I was still smoking. All my clothes/our clothes started taking on "that scent," and you notice it on most people that smoke weed inside, as it just starts to permeate everything, and become a part of their background scent. You don't notice it as much when you are in it, but man can you tell when you are not.

Vaping though... the smell dissipates from a room within fifteen minutes, and you never develop a "vapey," smelling residue around your clothing/household fabric items. Definitely don't believe a significant amount of vapor condensation ever forms on household surfaces to make any long-term olfactory difference.

Still though, I can respect if your guys partners just want the smell absent entirely, and especially about having some vape station away from prying eyes, which mine is not, and she hates that.

Should sort some sort of organization out soon.

biohacker

Have you ever looked inside an exhaust fan @biohacker I'm thinking resin would be the least of your concerns if you did.

Actually I have, let me refresh your memory:

I've mentioned in a post before that I recently sold a house that I lived in for a decade, and would use the exhaust vent, and you would be absolutely surprised how much resin condenses.

Nothing but amber vapour condensate all over it. I don't think anyone here is "defending their right", but you sure sound quite defensive of your own "rights" and have absolutely no need "to feel sorry for us".

Yeah, just weird.

Once you both understand why you don't "smoke" in your own homes, you will understand why we don't vape in our own.

And here I was thinking that it was common sense? :doh: Stupid me.:bang:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Meh. to each their own. I don't have anything against your vaping in a designated spot, and I made that clear.

But you seem to be taking offense to those that don't feel the need, and I don't see what's wrong with it?

I see what you are saying, that some condensation might get on the walls or ceiling or clothes. And I, and I guess others, just feel that the effect is negligent, and that even (mine anyway) non-smoking friends have no comments regarding a pervading scent. The same could not be said when I was smoking, and the effect on the household when I stopped, was immediate.

Not against you doing your thing, just don't see why you have something against me doing the same?

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:lol: clearly this is a sensitive topic for some of us.

What a funny thread. It's hilarious watching you guys defend your right not to be allowed to vape in your own home, but man you don't have get so worked up about it.
We get it, you're not allowed to vape in the house & we actually feel sorry for you.

Anyway you guys enjoy your cold or hot & sweaty garages sheds & verandas but we won't be thinking about you while the rest of us just sit here & vape in comfort.
I get where you're coming from, but there's no need to get so personal about it. Please don't burn down the shed. :peace:

CheeseSandwich

Damn @Puffers
Should I pull him out onto our back porch this summer and share a session with him or is he better off not knowing?

I talk shop with my Ol' man more than anyone!:wave: He was not cool with me partaking until I was like 19 i think, I'm 36 now? I was also out of school & holding down a job. Since then it's been a great bond for sure, especially once I got him vaping.:peace:

biohacker

Not against you doing your thing, just don't see why you have something against me doing the same?

I think your perception is off, and as mentioned already in this thread, there are many factors here, like vapour "clouds". I can billow out clouds that rival combustion. We all have different vapes, meds (quality), temperatures, and amounts used (as well as frequency). This isn't about defending anything, this was a major thread derail that I personally reported so the GH thread could stay on track. All good, this is my last post on the topic. Starting to turn into the "driving whilst high" thread! :peace:

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete
I actually thought this was a funny thread I didn't think it was serious. I even liked all your posts & that's a lot of work hitting that little fucking icon on my phone.

I was just having a dig at you guys for a little fun please don't take it the wrong way I honestly don't care what anyone does in their own home.

I thought everyone here had a better sense of humour but maybe I've just got a bad one, mmm I didn't think so but anything is possible.

As for me I'll just be sitting back here vaping in my nice clean beautiful smelling home....too soon?

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well... Sorry man, I definitely didn't mean it to be snarky or offensive. Always try to respect what you have to say. Didn't realize this was such a serious thing for you and I will think about it some more.

duff

Well worn
I talk shop with my Ol' man more than anyone!:wave: He was not cool with me partaking until I was like 19 i think, I'm 36 now? I was also out of school & holding down a job. Since then it's been a great bond for sure, especially once I got him vaping.:peace:
Good to hear.

Last summer I woke up and went on the back porch to drink some coffee and found pieces of apple on the porch floor.
I walked down into the yard and sure enough I found a poorly made apple pipe. It smelled like they had some shitty weed!

When he and his friend woke up I gave them grief for the crappy work on the pipe.
His friend was certain I was going to flip about them getting high and couldn't believe I was focused on their lame craftsmanship.

biohacker

Well... Sorry man, I definitely didn't mean it to be snarky or offensive. Always try to respect what you have to say. Didn't realize this was such a serious thing for you and I will think about it some more.

I wasn't referring to you actually :tup: It's not a serious thing for me, but when someone says that "vaping doesn't stink up your home" I just :doh: as much as someone saying that smoking doesn't stink up your home. Especially when posts already have explained it right before their own post. They either need to IME or use emoticons. IMO lol

That's all, quite simple really....

C No Ego

I'm surprised you even use incense as I know you are very healthy conscious like me? I don't know anything about Satya though, but it has been said that the smoke from incense is quite carcinogenic. I love incense too, but don't want to degrade my indoor air quality.

This! Very said said, and it's not a myth - it's a fact. Anyone that doesn't think so doesn't have a sense of smell, just like smokers. My neighbour quit smoking after 30 years of it, and one of the first things he said when I asked him about it was that he felt that he could smell again for the first time in decades!

yeah, the Satya incense has no holy shit ( cow dung ) from India and has a spindly broom strand sized piece in the middle that does not smell smokey when burnt... I've tried a few others that smell smokey with a thick center piece holding it together etc... like HEM incense

without use of an incense the vapor will wreak in the house so if it's not all healthy I'm not to concerned really as we burn them sparingly... hell, leaving the house in the morning in the truck and smelling my neighbors car exhaust is seriously more unhealthy...

my last cigarette was when i was 19.... after quitting smoking I realized water had taste LOL... that was my realization to be aware more and more to become what i term a conscious breather....

biohacker

thanks C No Ego, I always value your posts as you know. And thanks for chiming in that without using incense vapour will reek up your house...for a second I thought I had super human sense of smell, but now realize it's some others that can't smell as well. Probably comes with age :rofl:

I'll definitely look into those incense things as I love incense, just not all the chemicals that come with most commercials ones. I agree about harm reduction and how many things are so much worse out there. Today I was enjoying walking and running my dog with my girl on a very serene country road, where the air is so fresh it smells dewy sweet. Then some redneck comes barreling down the gravel road with his loud and smelly exhaust pipes and I could "taste" it in my mouth. Fuck, really need to get off grid!

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Good to hear.

Last summer I woke up and went on the back porch to drink some coffee and found pieces of apple on the porch floor.
I walked down into the yard and sure enough I found a poorly made apple pipe. It smelled like they had some shitty weed!

When he and his friend woke up I gave them grief for the crappy work on the pipe.
His friend was certain I was going to flip about them getting high and couldn't believe I was focused on their lame craftsmanship.

Ya I was like 19 or 20 first time me and my pops burned one.

He goes to his cabinent in the Garage (see a trend here? :lol:), pulls out a stash box and whips out a joint.

I look at the stash box and realized..... he confiscated it from me when I was 14!! He still uses it too. He took that thing from me almost 17 years ago now. Every time I am over and he breaks it out, it gives me a nice little chuckle.

Last edited:

C No Ego

thanks C No Ego, I always value your posts as you know. And thanks for chiming in that without using incense vapour will reek up your house...for a second I thought I had super human sense of smell, but now realize it's some others that can't smell as well. Probably comes with age :rofl:

I'll definitely look into those incense things as I love incense, just not all the chemicals that come with most commercials ones. I agree about harm reduction and how many things are so much worse out there. Today I was enjoying walking and running my dog with my girl on a very serene country road, where the air is so fresh it smells dewy sweet. Then some redneck comes barreling down the gravel road with his loud and smelly exhaust pipes and I could "taste" it in my mouth. Fuck, really need to get off grid!

being a conscious breather in a dirty world -yuk.... after hearing about water cars with oxygen as the exhaust and how that clean technology in suppressed well- SHIT! maybe our younger generations can get past the control and bring the clean! put those water vehicles in China for Gods sake!

Top Bottom