• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Relegated From the Primary Abode at the Behest of Your Significant Other

disGRUNTled

Modnote: Just like you were moved outside this post and the 9 following it were moved out of the Grasshopper thread to help facilitate fun and topical discussion. :peace: -vtac

Working this Purple Elephant I grinded up yesterday , drinking a Stone Brewing WOOT Stout .
KxwBfck.jpg

L5CBTF5.jpg

DVmWrPc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

wifey says I can't get high inside the house so this is my spot ....

Likewise. I'm a yard/garage type of guy myself (wifemade):brow:

Sounds like alot of us are pussy whipped! @ataxian ?? ;) You must have to bundle up warm in the winter though, but I imagine the vapour clouds in the garage are amazing! I'm fortunate in that I can vape indoors, but it sucks because i'm forced to vape in the kitchen beside the exhaust vent over the stove, which is fine when said wife isn't home, because I like to see my exhaled vapour clouds, especially right under those tiny halogen lights. However, when she's home, party over and i'm forced to use a Smoke Buddy AND the exhaust fan! It's like vaping in the dark!

Presently exploring other options, was thinking the garage too, but I imagine it would smell like a skunk in no time?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sounds like alot of us are pussy whipped! @ataxian ?? ;) You must have to bundle up warm in the winter though, but I imagine the vapour clouds in the garage are amazing! I'm fortunate in that I can vape indoors, but it sucks because i'm forced to vape in the kitchen beside the exhaust vent over the stove, which is fine when said wife isn't home, because I like to see my exhaled vapour clouds, especially right under those tiny halogen lights. However, when she's home, party over and i'm forced to use a Smoke Buddy AND the exhaust fan! It's like vaping in the dark!

Presently exploring other options, was thinking the garage too, but I imagine it would smell like a skunk in no time?

World seem to be full of pussies? But who is the pussy? ;)

What are the problems of your spouses??

I could understand if you would combust and the whole house would smell of ganja but you can't nearly smell the vapour?

I could understand not vaping in front of the kids but that doesn't seem to be the matter?

What is it??

JCat

Accessory Maker
I agree @Hogni what do their wives think is going to happen if they vape in the house?
It will smell quite a bit. I vape exclusively when at home in my heated workshop (not connected to house), and trust me, it smells strongly of cannabis in there (partly the jars I'm sure though)

It really smells strong for those that don't use cannabis, whereas we can't smell it really (just like a cigarette smoker who's clothes reek ... as a non smoker I can smell it strongly a room over, but the smoker can't smell it at all!)

biohacker

Exactly what @JCat said... at times when i'd have people over, even though I thought it smelled fine, they would say it smelled pretty bad and the last thing I want is my house smelling like a skunk! That vapour has to go somewhere, and probably condenses on walls, etc. Recently the hammer was dropped when we got our puppy, and she doesn't want him exposed to vapour. I think temps determine alot, but at higher temps although is not as bad as cannabis smoke, it's not that far off in terms of smelling like the actual weed.

I never understood how spouses who don't vape allow vaping in the house? People think vapour just disappears into thin air, but with the right lighting it resembles smoke IMO.

@Hogni it has nothing to do with being a pussy trust me. It has to do with respect. I disrespect her enough in other ways giggity!! :rofl:

Always remember to "pick your battles"! :2c:

mephisto

I was told by my dear mother that my house smelled "putrid"....I just smiled and thanked her.....I need to grab a few 2nd generation batteries, my GH will not make it through 1 session with the batts I have now....
Funny how my favorite stealth, away from home, vape became my "only use it at home" 'cuz the little bastard is prone to leave you hanging.....Still love the GH, I just no longer give it the opportunity to poop out. If it cops an attitude at home I just set it down and grab the next functional machine.

disGRUNTled

I agree @Hogni what do their wives think is going to happen if they vape in the house?
Best answer is the quote below , I don't smoke cigs and can smell that shit right away same with vape you might think it does not smell but it absolutely does. I also have kids so its an optics thing. Been with my wife for 17 years. She lets me spend quite a bit of $ on expensive hobbies weed/concentrates, craft beer,Vapes and sneakers. If doing it outside keeps her happy I am good with it plus I actually enjoy chilling and getting high AF poolside.

It will smell quite a bit. I vape exclusively when at home in my heated workshop (not connected to house), and trust me, it smells strongly of cannabis in there (partly the jars I'm sure though)

It really smells strong for those that don't use cannabis, whereas we can't smell it really (just like a cigarette smoker who's clothes reek ... as a non smoker I can smell it strongly a room over, but the smoker can't smell it at all!)
post-35707-so-much-THIS-gif-fireworks-Img-7dgW.gif

disGRUNTled

Exactly what @JCat said... at times when i'd have people over, even though I thought it smelled fine, they would say it smelled pretty bad and the last thing I want is my house smelling like a skunk! That vapour has to go somewhere, and probably condenses on walls, etc. Recently the hammer was dropped when we got our puppy, and she doesn't want him exposed to vapour. I think temps determine alot, but at higher temps although is not as bad as cannabis smoke, it's not that far off in terms of smelling like the actual weed.

I never understood how spouses who don't vape allow vaping in the house? People think vapour just disappears into thin air, but with the right lighting it resembles smoke IMO.

@Hogni it has nothing to do with being a pussy trust me. It has to do with respect. I disrespect her enough in other ways giggity!! :rofl:

Always remember to "pick your battles"! :2c:
Good post mang, especially the bolded .

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I understand if you have children and needing to vaporize and being banished to the basement or backyard. With vaporizing it doesn't stink up the house. There are ways of getting around any odor. Take back your castle. In a relationship there needs to be compromises. I don't want to cause friction between you and your mate. If everyone is happy that's the main thing.

My house is my husband's house too. He was so thankful when I stopped the combustion, he never complains anymore. He doesn't use cannabis because of his job, drug testing every so often. When he retires he probably will use cannabis once again.

I can understand having to go elsewhere instead of the main home when you combust. Why with vaporizing? Unless there are children or you live with your parents or in a dorm. I assume your partners don't approve of cannabis and that makes your sessions to vaporize more difficult. Possibly complaining about the frequency can cause issues, "your spending too much money on weed" argument. Going elsewhere avoids such issues.

Vape On.:cheers:

Last edited:

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I have a large locked cabinet and some other spaces relegated in the garage for storing all my more personal and non kid/public appropriate items cannabis, vaporizers, guns, glass, etc.

I don't mind vaping in the garage or backyard, it's my own space and I have a nice yard. I prefer not to have my house smell like cannabis anyway and my wife as a non user it's particularly noticeable to her. Ideally imo it would be even separated from the house like a work/vape shop. My wife still says she can smell it in the house sometimes when I am opening some of the larger jars or really hammering on the SV3 or one of the other hitters.

I agree with some of aforementioned above it's a mutual respect, maybe in the future far far away when my kids are grown things will change. Although I probably will just have like a man cave/shop. I can't imagine my other half wanting paraphernalia laying around on the coffee table 24/7..... besides she keeps a tidy house and my main cabinet is a MESS!

3Icxvfm.jpg

Don't judge too much :p.....the more I look at it the worse it is, bags and debris everywhere, dirty rig.... :ninja:

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
Damn @Puffers I need one of those!

My wife is ok with my guilty pleasure, but doesn't partake.

My kid is about to come home from his first year at college. Over the year he's talked about getting high, but I don't think he knows that I have done it for many moons.

Should I pull him out onto our back porch this summer and share a session with him or is he better off not knowing?

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Should I pull him out onto our back porch this summer and share a session with him or is he better off not knowing?

Hell yeah man. My father is super conservative and doesn't partake and will never. I prefer he doesn't know about my usage as well and I'm in my mid twenties now...

But I had buddies who when I just started getting into using weed, would talk about their dads being cool with it and burning with them or whatever. I mean you know the relationship you have with him better than I do, but I think it'd be neat

muunch,
Reactions: duff

biohacker

My home doesn't smell like cannabis @biohacker. You need to to what you have to do to keep peace in the household.

You said "take control of your castle"? This isn't the 1950's, and coming from a female i'm quite taken back that you would even say such a thing to be honest. You also said that vaping doesn't stink up the house, when it clearly can, big time.

Even if I lived alone, I would never exhale into the room/house. Even using my kitchen exhaust vent is only so effective, but if I use a Smoke Buddy + vent it's about 99% okay.

Either you're used to it, like @JCat was saying, or you have a poor sense of smell IMO. I suppose incense, candles, chemical sprays etc would mask it, but see point re: vapour needing to go somewhere.

Some people use air purifiers as well, although that's one thing that can never really be proven to work?

And then there is vaping in the car.... but there is another thread for that. it REEKS.

biohacker,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I guess far as smell goes, it depends on how big your house is. I use an oil defuser. Plus cooking smells hides the smell of vaporizing fairly well. The cannabis itself in the container is what smells. So if worried about that I understand, being careful is a must. I live in a legal state so I don't feel worried like I did 6 years ago.

Being able to use cannabis wherever I want in my home has never been an issue while vaporizing. I guess I take it for granted. Smoking cannabis was a different story. Much harder to have the freedom as you do with vaporizing to medicate.

@biohacker i was making a joke saying take back your castle. not meaning anything negative about my fellow sisters.

We all have different lifestyles and living situations.

Last edited:

biohacker

I think it also depends on how much you vape, there is a difference between microdosing once or twice a day vs all day long vaping marathons. Vapour condenses not only on glass, but also any surface in your house. I've mentioned in a post before that I recently sold a house that I lived in for a decade, and would use the exhaust vent, and you would be absolutely surprised how much resin condenses. It wouldn't surprise me if white walls weren't as white after years of vaping indoors.

I am just health conscious and prefer no indoor air pollution, vaping no exception. I prefer to have natural clean air than to mask with diffusers and such. You also may not vape as high temp as I do, because I can assure you that it certainly looks like smoke. I also have massive lungs, so when I exhale, it's like massive clouds of chronic. I also have a puppy and wouldn't want him exposed, nor my other loved ones.

Like you said, everyone has different situations, but I stand by what I and several others have already said - vaping smells and causes indoor air pollution. This is why many vape outside of the house, same as smoking.

There is also a reason why smoking AND vaping is not allowed indoors in public places. The signs actually say "no smoking or vaping", yes vaping is an actual real term now.

C No Ego

Well, my girl wants me around as much as possible ( we are in LOVE) so I vape indoors... since stopping combustion I can now vape indoors... before, it was out of teh house when smoking because it just downright smells...

we use the best incense from Satya... "super hit" is our fav and makes the house smell like fresh baked pies or something, hard to explain...

Chocu1a

Vaping doesn't smell? I call shens. If it doesn't smell, how come my wife ALWAYS says "you smell like a skunk, spray something, the whole house reeks like a skunk!", EVERY SINGLE TIME I vape. Every time. My car smells of the sweet ghanja, because I vape in it. The only thing that gets rid of the smell is Ozium.
The myth that vaping does not smell is just that- a myth. It smells strong enough for my neighbors to notice it, my wife to notice it, & probably the po-po.
I vape outside because my wife is gracious enough to tolerate my stoned ass. Plus, she gets randomed at her job, & second hand ghanja smoke is still enough to show up on a hair test.
Keeping the peace.

Top Bottom