Random thoughts

BestBuds

The Dude
So this dude says to me "....I don't like ~being~ High, but I LOVE ^getting^ high"

He has always been the dude to take it too far. Night out with the boys? He's the blackout drunk one. You bring an oz to a weekend camping trip, shits getting used up, never anything left over.

I feel like this dude just found the tip of the iceberg. :uhoh::lol:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
get

Tranquility

This one's going to be fun:
Pandora Papers: An offshore data tsunami
A 2.94 terabyte data trove exposes the offshore secrets of wealthy elites from more than 200 countries and territories. These are people who use tax and secrecy havens to buy property and hide assets; many avoid taxes and worse. They include more than 330 politicians and 130 Forbes billionaires, as well as celebrities, fraudsters, drug dealers, royal family members and leaders of religious groups around the world.

The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists spent more than a year structuring, researching and analyzing the more than 11.9 million records in the Pandora Papers leak. The task involved three main elements: journalists, technology and time.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Premise:

I am missing being able to upload pictures.​

Speculation:

The down time and image upload restrictions are due to limits of hosting services for FC.​

Suggestion:

Voluntary donations towards the cost, a few $$ a month or whatever... I would!​
Design Love GIF by Trippyogi

Alternatively, embedding of files from proper file storage facilities like Dropbox or Sync would also be welcome and would be used by me, especially Sync as it's privacy standards are exceptionally good.

I'm not really into signing up for *free* services, nothing is free, I prefer to pay for my file storage to avoid the abuse.

Which really, brings me to acknowledge and appreciate the actual real world financial costs of running this server - thank you, whomever you are!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
the perfect martini doesn't exist ? no! tastes are far too individual to make one that satisfies all. I thought I knew how I liked mine but today has thrown a monkey wrench in to my beliefs. I had always been certain my ideal martini required cold from the fridge dry gin, but today I tried room temp and it was fantastic ! I also added a secret ingredient that I've never tried before? mesquite smoked fleur de sel, a Canadian smoked sea salt, just a few flakes. it was also my first time trying with anchovy stuffed Spanish olives, which were no where near a funky as I was expecting. so now I start with a few flakes of salt, 4 olives and the brine that comes with them, room temp dry gin and begin drinking while glancing at a bottle of vermouth.

cheers everyone

edit: I know this isn't a martini glass but all mine broke several years ago, still tastes like a martini lol

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
that’s a huge switch. many drinks are like that, fun to mix it up….like having several strains om the shelf. enjoy.
you ain't just whistling dixie brother! I spent a lot of time figuring out what made my perfect martini years back. I always hated shaking it with ice and diluting the final product so I just started sticking the gin in the fridge, never liked vermouth tried several brands. now everything I thought I knew is thrown into disarray lol full disclosure its probably been 3-4 years since I had one so I'm sure I'll try another one with cold gin to get the final verdict 🤔

kel

FuckMisogynists!
The longer you live, the older you get... the more friends you have to watch suffer and die - getting old is really shit in this regard.

It's weird how desensitised I can be when hearing of people dying that I don't know personally. I relate on an empathic level to some degree, but it's impossible to get that close to all these stories because the emotional burden would become completely unmanageable. This distance is important, we still have to live our lives, it's essential even...

However...

It's a different matter when they are being picked from your own pen!​
Rest in peace fellow travellers.... miss you every day!

Last edited:
Top Bottom