Random thoughts

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Are people really in such poor health, or are they simply subjected to an ideal of "health" that is unachievable
This has been the case with "beauty" for a long time... see button below for example of how the idea of beauty has made it to the current point of an anorexic, tired black-circled eyes..
the_beauty_ideal.png

So not impossible that the idea of health has followed...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Are people really in such poor health, or are they simply subjected to an ideal of "health" that is unachievable...
I have been contemplating this. Health is a very personal thing, your view of yourself. A lot of us here are medical patients, some, like me, disabled. My autoimmune arthritis disease has no cure. I have been on chemo/immuno therapy for a decade so I think I can honestly say, for myself, that yeah my health sucks.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have been contemplating this. Health is a very personal thing, your view of yourself. A lot of us here are medical patients, some, like me, disabled. My autoimmune arthritis disease has no cure. I have been on chemo/immuno therapy for a decade so I think I can honestly say, for myself, that yeah my health sucks.

Same here. I am also disabled, and my health sucks. I have Rheumatoid Disease, chronic kidney disease, and my neck and back are totally fucked. I have my records, and there are 2 pages of just what is wrong with every part of my back and neck, spinal stenosis, disk bulging, disk herniation, and radial tears. I take so many pills everyday, it's pathetic.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Same here. I am also disabled, and my health sucks. I have Rheumatoid Disease, chronic kidney disease, and my neck and back are totally fucked. I have my records, and there are 2 pages of just what is wrong with every part of my back and neck, spinal stenosis, disk bulging, disk herniation, and radial tears. I take so many pills everyday, it's pathetic.
Amen sister, be well . . . :peace:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
All I know is I don't have diabetes or "abc" hepatitis. They want to check my liver again, and if my enzymes are still elevated test for "autoimmune" hepatitis. I think it's a false alarm; I have been eating one cascara sagrada daily all summer (which is only half the recommended daily dosage), but I just figured out that I'm not supposed to take it for more than 7 days straight, because it will screw up my liver. Doc disagrees.

We'll figure out who's right when I get another metabolic panel done in a few weeks and go from there. I think if it's anything it may be nafld, except I don't seem to fit the profile so yeah prolly false alarm.

:shrug:

Last edited:

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
I feel very lucky. Arthritis is mostly in my hands so I can walk okay. Neither arthritis nor liver disease (hepatic cirrhosis) disable me or cause constant pain. Daily pills are just for blood pressure and hopefully to make bones stronger. Weak bones (especially hip/femur) won't heal properly if broken and mobility would be lost. Osteoporosis is considered to exist at a bone density of -2.5 and mine is at -4.4. Kinda wish I'd had the test sooner. :\ Anyhow, the doc gave me orders not to fall and I do my best to comply.

Last week I saw the oncologist for the first time in 6 months and am waiting for blood test results...hoping nothing bad is elevated. When I "graduated" from 3-month check ups to 6-month check ups early in 2013, lung cancer had recurred in a lymph node. There was more surgery (a mediastinoscopy) to remove it followed by chemo and radiation. It sure will be a relief to know everything's still okay this time. :nod:

Edit: I care for sure but can't "Like" that people are disabled and their health sucks. Understand that those who do "Like" those posts are showing love and support, which we each must do in the way we're comfortable with.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I hate the DEA. They are so paid off by Big Pharma!! Our gov't does not care about us because we can't write them big checks. Why am I so angry? We all know having cannabis as a schedule 1 drug is complete bullshit. Now, the DEA has decided to do the same thing with Kratom. It is now a schedule 1 drug. I saw this coming years ago because I've used Kratom, and it's wonderful for pain. It even helps people get off opioids. That right there is why it has now been banned. They want people back on the poison pills. Fuck them. I feel sorry for the people that will have no choice but to go back to the poison pills. This is just wrong. Our gov't sucks, even with Obama as president. He increased the raids on legal dispensary's to a big fuck you to him too.

grokit

well-worn member
You can't get away from hernia mesh. You either get along with it, or it consumes you. If it triggers an indefinite foreign body autoimmune response in combination with a rare tropical invasive fungal disease that had been mis-diagnosed for years, you may be fucked. Along these lines, I think I may be fucked.

All from jamming a stick in my arm while tripping around the rainforest a few decades ago :bang:

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'm a miserable fuck.
So I'm out of here...
I'll come back if I ever figure out how to be happy.
FC deserves better than half the crap I post
Peace
We'll be waiting. No judgement. Fresh starts every single time.
I'll heat the torch rig for ya...

Edit: So, yeah, keeping it real here, too. Confession time. I have to burn my meds when I want to use the High CBD ones for healing - vaping can't break that barrier, and I just get bitchy. I burn it, I get calm, and I'm healing.
Since I started, I've made amazing strides in recovery. Yeah. Not popular here. I'll never mention it again on this site.

I still PREFER vaping, and vape my night time sleepy meds, with my ENano.

Last edited:
Top Bottom