Random thoughts

florduh

Don't mind me. I'm spending the weekend chilling in my new vaping chair.

GC8WAusaoAU2TzP

florduh

They all probably had at least one person try to reel them in at some point, but the keks were just too riotous.

There were kids who turned in their hog parents, which is very funny.

There are people who had their brains so thoroughly broken by Fox News and other conservative media that they're now sitting in Federal prison because they tried to overthrow the Republic and make a guy who thinks you can ruin magnets by getting them wet the Emperor of America.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Here in Sunny Tucson it's 33º outside. Inside with my space heater going (that's my heat source) it's 60º.
In the front part.. the living area, it's 58º. Luckily under the bird's covering of towels over the cages, it's 68º. Must keep the birds at 67º!

florduh

nobody-wants-to-work.jpeg

It turns out "nObOdY wAnTs tO wOrK aNyMorE!!" is more ancient than I thought. It even predates crapitalism.

From 1349, in the aftermath of the Bubonic Plague.

GDZ1qzEX0AE06br

GDZ1tW9WIAA6nO3

Relevant because COVID removed hundreds of thousands of workers from the labor pool. From deaths, disability, and people taking early retirement. Obviously that will drive the cost of labor up.

coolbreeze

nobody-wants-to-work.jpeg

It turns out "nObOdY wAnTs tO wOrK aNyMorE!!" is more ancient than I thought. It even predates crapitalism.

From 1349, in the aftermath of the Bubonic Plague.

GDZ1qzEX0AE06br

GDZ1tW9WIAA6nO3

Relevant because COVID removed hundreds of thousands of workers from the labor pool. From deaths, disability, and people taking early retirement. Obviously that will drive the cost of labor up.
Not to mention most were underpaid in the first place.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is there really anyone, Republican or Democrat, who could possibly believe that refusing to interview Hunter Biden in public and insisting that it only happen in secret, is a good look for the Republicans? Is there any other way to interpret that other than that they want to manipulate the information that they receive? Why else must it be in private?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Is there really anyone, Republican or Democrat, who could possibly believe that refusing to interview Hunter Biden in public and insisting that it only happen in secret, is a good look for the Republicans? Is there any other way to interpret that other than that they want to manipulate the information that they receive? Why else must it be in private?
Playing Cards GIF by Warner Archive

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Democrats gotta stop taking the high road. Jim Jordan, Mitch McConnel, Kevin McCarthy, Lindsey Graham, etc. have contradicted themselves so often that you have to give them credit for a level of flexibility whereby they can now kiss their own ass.

McConnel and the supreme court pick, Jim Jordan doesn't even show when subpoenaed, McCarthy and Graham nearly crying the first days after Jan. 6. followed by calling it a love fest. C'mon dems .... stop hoping that taking the high road will win you votes and start playing as dirty but smarter.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Democrats gotta stop taking the high road. Jim Jordan, Mitch McConnel, Kevin McCarthy, Lindsey Graham, etc. have contradicted themselves so often that you have to give them credit for a level of flexibility whereby they can now kiss their own ass.

McConnel and the supreme court pick, Jim Jordan doesn't even show when subpoenaed, McCarthy and Graham nearly crying the first days after Jan. 6. followed by calling it a love fest. C'mon dems .... stop hoping that taking the high road will win you votes and start playing as dirty but smarter.
I truly, truly hate the thought of coming down to their level, but it may be the only way. My parents ingrained the concept of "two wrongs don't make a right" so deeply into my consciousness that it's really difficult to ignore it. And disheartening.

His_Highness

I truly, truly hate the thought of coming down to their level, but it may be the only way. My parents ingrained the concept of "two wrongs don't make a right" so deeply into my consciousness that it's really difficult to ignore it. And disheartening.
I don't disagree. Is there a straw that breaks the camel's back? How about if/when Jim Jordan prosecutes Hunter for not attending in private after Jim didn't attend at all?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't know if there is a ceiling. There doesn't seem like there is. How many times have we all said this one will be the one that gets him thrown out or this one will be the one that gets him arrested or this one will be the one that gets the Republican Party to stop supporting him, or this one will be the one...
I believed that the "grab them by the pussy" comment would keep him from being elected in the first place. Clearly, I have never been so wrong.

If there is a threshold, I don't know what it is, but we should have passed it long ago. :doh:

florduh

Is there a straw that breaks the camel's back?

The straw that broke the camel's back should've been 24 fucking years ago, when a partisan Supreme Court made Geroge HW Bush's dumbest son the President. You know, the successful January 6th.

The Court even said, unlike other SCOTUS decisions, that Bush v Gore does not create a precedent. That in the future, if "stopping the count" will benefit Republicans, they reserve the right rule in the opposite direction.

You'd think that would've clued everyone in that "the rules and norms" are completely dead. But Liberals love pretending there's some impartial third party in the sky who will pat them on the head if they lose, but lose the "right way".

That having been said, I'm not really following the Hunter drama. All I know about him is he's a beneficiary of nepotism with an enormous hog who likes fucking 37 year old sex workers. God bless him.

His_Highness

Find myself saying....."I wouldn't leave that person alone with my dog for more than 5 minutes and I certainly don't want my children and grand-children emulating that person". Shortly followed by "someone voted for that and won"?

Just to be clear I'm not talking about my HOA.

florduh

Shortly followed by "someone voted for that and won"?

And if you believe the polls, there's better than even odds he'll be President again in about 54 weeks.

2016 was 8 years ago, but it's like we never fucking left it. I feel like I'm stuck in the bathroom scene in The Shining.

"Of course it's 2016, Mr. Florduh....it's always been 2016."

x1080

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
And if you believe the polls, there's better than even odds he'll be President again in about 54 weeks.

2016 was 8 years ago, but it's like we never fucking left it. I feel like I'm stuck in the bathroom scene in The Shining.

"Of course it's 2016, Mr. Florduh....it's always been 2016."

x1080

Yeah, and he's already stated that he would organize the police and the military against his political enemies on day one. So, if he gets back in, then it very well may be the last democratic election we have for a president in the USA for a long time, if ever again.

And this is what his christo-fascist voter base wants, as well as to eradicate the rights of the "undesirables" they feel are in our country.
In fact, it seems that if he'll promise to do that, then they will support him to the ends of whatever this ends with...no matter how horrific it gets along the way.

We've seen this before...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, contributing...

417781885-333286272949165-2521958592008967312-n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom