Quartz Banger Thread

biohacker

I do too, hopefully there will be more people like greek one day.

Hopefully not, I posted about my experience in the sapphire insert thread. He's a slime ball and his CS sucks ass. He sells shit that doesn't even fucking work together and all I did was ASK about it and was ignored, again. He needs to spend more time providing CS for his BUSINESS, than circle jerking with his FadeSpace buddies on IG slamming Contant Gems constantly.

Honestly, in my opinion, he’s shady. He takes low blows at customers and provides the same info every time I ask him how it’s better than ruby or sapphire. I don’t see how anybody could ever say SiC is better than ruby/sapphire because that is just nonsense to me! The only reasons I see SiC as being better is because it most likely won’t crack from torching/cooling down, and it requires less power to heat. It does not retain heat for the same amount of time though, and there is no way in hell it tastes better lol.

Couldn't agree with you more. SiC also has some questionable safety for dabbing/inhaling off of a hot SiC surface. At least I haven't seen enough evidence that it's 100% without question safe. I trust sapphire and ruby.

Can't wait until Constant or Adapt Tech have a decent sale so I can support either of them, even with their costs! At least they seem like REAL companies. Looks like Constant is starting to defend themselves on IG, and they're doing it properly.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The graphic he posted shows that his inserts need less heat energy to get to temp and holds its temp longer compared to ruby/sapphire. Quart isn't actually a very good example because its thermal properties are worse than any of the other materials we're talking about.

That's really funny considering the SiC insert is, for the most part, heated via conduction from the quartz. ;)

biohacker

The chazzing probably more has do to with maintenance than anything else so I don't take that part to seriously.

Well then why should anyone take ANY of it seriously? Dude, chazzing is chazzing. They are lying, flat out. Shocking! :rolleyes:

As far as I know ruby/sapphire doesn't devitrify so it shouldn't chaz.

It does not. Anyways, i'm over SiC. I do appreciate your contributions though man, it's nice to have such diverse knowledge and opinions here.

pghjd

That's really funny considering the SiC insert is, for the most part, heated via conduction from the quartz. ;)
Sadly theres no better way to heat it at the moment. Fadespace tried to make a 2 piece banger with a sic bucket but it didn't materialize. The quartz was probably too fragile.

pghjd,

biohacker

Constant Gems has SiC prototypes that they like, but not love as much as gemstone according to their IG. But you wouldn't know because they just deleted a bunch of posts for no good reason. Lame. Think i'm going to support Adapt Tech.

pghjd

Constant Gems has SiC prototypes that they like, but not love as much as gemstone according to their IG. But you wouldn't know because they just deleted a bunch of posts for no good reason. Lame. Think i'm going to support Adapt Tech.
People wanted medical certifications for their SiC and they started spouting a bunch of nonsense then deleted their posts. This man literally said "the certification doesn't make the material". He does know thats how they test purity of materials but ok. They basically said they didn't want to pay the extra for medically certified SiC and they didn't care. They wanted to keep using cheap china and got called out for it. So they deleted their posts. They also have been spitting lies about their gems from the jump. They get their gems from the same people as greek.

pghjd

Is there proof of this?
Constant has never said the same thing twice about his gems. First they're from a guy in Cali, then it was some french dude, then it was cultivated and shaped in thailand. It changes every month. Fadespace has a direct line to his manufacturer in china and has shown all of his conversations where the manufacturer themselves claim to make the inserts. Greek later said that the same person he talks too. The manufacturer was sending them pics of pretty much every insert that constant has.

biohacker

So how many of these do you have to buy to place an order in China? 50? 100? What do you think the cost is? $30-40? Do you think Greek LOST money selling those cloudy sapphires at $50/pop? The shiny ones he sells for $60 (congrats to whoever got mine lol) so i'm guessing the markup is not much but still at least $5-10?

Anyone interested in going in on this with me? lol I could corner the Canadian market and someone for the States?

pghjd

So how many of these do you have to buy to place an order in China? 50? 100? What do you think the cost is? $30-40? Do you think Greek LOST money selling those cloudy sapphires at $50/pop? The shiny ones he sells for $60 (congrats to whoever got mine lol) so i'm guessing the markup is not much but still at least $5-10?

Anyone interested in going in on this with me? lol I could corner the Canadian market and someone for the States?
100pc is usually the minimum i see for wholesale. Some companies will sell smaller lots though. He said he didn't lose money but he doesn't make much. He says he only sell them because he likes them, not for profit.

biohacker

100pc is usually the minimum i see for wholesale. Some companies will sell smaller lots though. He said he didn't lose money but he doesn't make much. He says he only sell them because he likes them, not for profit.

Just saw a post on Adapt Tech's IG, where they bought a Ruby insert from Alibaba for $47 inc. shipping, and then they proceed to tear it apart lol.

They mentioned the "white haze" that Greek's sapphires have, and how much superior Russian is vs China.

biohacker,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

pghjd

Just saw a post on Adapt Tech's IG, where they bought a Ruby insert from Alibaba for $47 inc. shipping, and then they proceed to tear it apart lol.

They mentioned the "white haze" that Greek's sapphires have, and how much superior Russian is vs China.
The white haze was just a bad polishing job. Thats why their clear now. Its the same insert. To be honest lab grown gems are pretty much the same no matter where they come from because everyone uses the CZ process. Adapt tech does pay a premium for their gems though and they probably have lab testing for their materials. I've never personally asked. The difference is quality control and labor costs. They drive the prices through the roof.

pghjd,
Reactions: Hogni

pghjd

They bought that off alibaba. I literally wouldn't trust toothpicks from there. I've never gotten anything at all of quality from alibaba. Its like the dhgate of dhgate :lol:. They regularly sell fake stuff on there. I doubt its even ruby. He also said the white haze developed AFTER dabbing which is why I definitely don't think its ruby. If it is ruby then the chaz thing might be true. The sapphire are smoky like that and have to be polished clear when made in a lab.

b0

Cloudy...
I have a sic insert from fadespace coming next week that I got at 50% from a shop in UK and should be wtting a Ruby insert from Greek whe es they're ready, really looking forward to test em.

I also have a Greek banger with Ruby pearls and I have to say that I'm really happy with it and it's my main atm.

Gonna try to find that post about Ruby inserts, in the mean time, anyone with a fadespace sic insert with tips? Couldn't find much info about it online. I've heard that I shouldn't worry about heating the banger and then drop the insert but will like to know how other people are using them. Anyone using it like a gemstone insert, heating it inside the banger? Advice for heating times?
Thanks guys!

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Whoa, I missed a lot in this thread somehow. Damn FC notifications...

Gonna try to find that post about Ruby inserts, in the mean time, anyone with a fadespace sic insert with tips?

I've mostly used my SiC insert similar to ruby, just heated directly in the banger. Although I did use it as a drop-in the other night, which worked fantastically. It fits perfectly in those thick Greek Glass bangers but I agree with @biohacker, it'd be nice if they were deeper to accommodate the extra floor thickness from using an insert.

biohacker

Just wondering what American Bangers are recommended as an alternative to China?

Specifically must be 25mm, clear quartz bottom (4-5mm), and must have 2.5mm thick walls, and 14mm male/90degree.

What price range am I looking at here? $100-200?

Worth it? I need to grab one more banger, and I already have two 710Coils ones so was thinking about an American banger just to switch it up!

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I use a HE Gavel beside Shane‘s banger and would love to get my hands on a Toro Grail....@shooby mentioned once that those are pretty the best ones and he tried lots of different :)

I just swore to myself that ill never buy a high price 14mm again since its no deal to use a 10mm -> 14mm adapter like shane offers so they are way more versatile but thats just IMO :)

biohacker

Joint is a lil more spot on on my gavel, but my 710 banger was one of the first ones shane‘s offered :)

Function wise no, no difference imo :)

Thank you! @invertedisdead has indicated that he has had a better function experience with an American Banger over his China Dhgate, so i'm just curious.

710Coils have been the nicest bangers i've had in my hands..

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Just wondering what American Bangers are recommended as an alternative to China?

Specifically must be 25mm, clear quartz bottom (4-5mm), and must have 2.5mm thick walls, and 14mm male/90degree.

What price range am I looking at here? $100-200?

Worth it? I need to grab one more banger, and I already have two 710Coils ones so was thinking about an American banger just to switch it up!
Some early morning reading for you @biohacker - https://hightimes.com/products/best-quartz-bangersf-2018/

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...still solely dabbing with quartz bangers.. recently i removed my coil from my setup and have been enjoying the torch!

...initially i did it for something different, but i have to say i'm really enjoying using the torch again... i've been doing the 'cold start' method which i never did before switching to a coil... also do drop tech with insert as well... i think i prefer cold starts sans insert though... i'm still testing which i prefer... :science:

Top Bottom