Quartz Banger Thread

biohacker

@just_the_flu that's really interesting feedback because after extensive testing multiple times, including both 25mm and 35mm axial coils, I feel that the dab/vapour quality is vastly different between a torched banger and e-nail. An e-nail just cannot replicate what the torch can do, and vice versa... but there are tradeoffs. I much prefer the torch simply due to the dab/vapour quality/smoothness IME.

biohacker

I'm so fascinated by this because it seems like, scientifically speaking, an enail would deliver more consistent/reliable results. Been a long time since I've used a torch, though, so maybe I'll break one out again. :science:

Gotta be the Blazer Big Shot! :D I honestly don't know, but the difference is night and day to my lungs. Maybe it's the overall greater radiant heat soak of the full banger with the torch, since the coil doesn't cover it all, but just guessing. With the coil it's either rip after rip in the 400's up to 500 or so, and then it just gets too hot for me. With the torch I can crush a fat glob and hold it in my lungs like air, and completely finish it without waste. Lemme know what you think once you play around again!

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
For sure my man, it's never a bad time doing more "testing" :razz: And there are so many factors at play here. I do usually let my enail heat soak for about 10 minutes before taking a dab, which might be longer than necessary...

Are you doing cold starts too?

biohacker

@FlyingLow I use the Blazer Big Shot as well. I do have a Dadmatz Helios torch on its way though for comparison, which is supposed to be similar, but with a ceramic core.
https://fatdabco.com/products/helios-torch-by-dabmatz

Gemstone physics and heat retention are completely different from quartz. I'm either 45/90 or 30/60-75 when in a greater rush. I prefer the longer heat retention of the 45/90 so I can take my time, and even crush a .1g like it's AIR. You can also pass it to a buddy for a consecutive dab without a re-torch! That's the magic of gemstones, in addition to the much lower effective vaporization temperature!

Using a big shot here, with my Greek glass opaque I do 40 heating 1.15 cooldown and it's perfect.

Use todo 30/0.55 but I just like more the new one.

Soon we will be in Greek Ruby Land! He suggests 30s/60-74s with the Big Shot... Can't wait to go from a 17mm insert to 19mm! And now he's going to sell IR Guns for only $15.50! Preorder is up!

Last edited:

biohacker

Torch/Blazer Big Shot Enthusiasts: Blast Sheelds have been released by #blast_union on IG. I actually grabbed mine from #investinheadies and should have it next week. Apparently these blow the Blazer Big Shot Aluminum Nozzle Guards out of the water and work so well you can hold the torch by the Blast Sheeld!

Just spreading the love to keep my FC Torching Family safe! :)

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I saw those and was not sold on em yet.

I've never grabbed a hot shield, so never really had the requirement.
What does interest me with regards to BigShot mods, is the work PyramidCustomWoodworks is doing.

Fucking awesome stuff!

FlyingLow,
Reactions: muunch

biohacker

I saw those and was not sold on em yet.

I've never grabbed a hot shield, so never really had the requirement.

Me neither, and i've never burned myself once with the Big Shot, but I figure for the $35 even it it happens just once at some point in the future, it's really affordable insurance to prevent much misery. I mean, stoner moments can and will and do happen :lol:

Plus, they look dope! Grabbed a red to match my big shot! :rockon:

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

b0

Cloudy...
Soon we will be in Greek Ruby Land! He suggests 30s/60-74s with the Big Shot... Can't wait to go from a 17mm insert to 19mm! And now he's going to sell IR Guns for only $15.50! Preorder is up!

I'm not sure if my Ruby insert is gonna be at home when I arrive tomorrow after holidays, but my SiC one should be there on Tuesday with an IR Gun to start the inserts testing! Pretty excited tbh!!

I'm starting to think about getting a proper enail as well. Never felt the need, I don't do massive dabs and I'm happy with my torch but a auber setup with 710coils isn't that expensive to give it a go... Maybe it's time to sell a couple vaporizers that aren't being used ...

biohacker

I'm not sure if my Ruby insert is gonna be at home when I arrive tomorrow after holidays, but my SiC one should be there on Tuesday with an IR Gun to start the inserts testing! Pretty excited tbh!!

I'm excited for you... especially interested in your thoughts about the SiC vs 19mm Ruby. My 19mm rubies have landed and they are great! Quite a size difference from the 17mm that i'm used to. I don't think i'd ever want a bigger gemstone insert TBH. The fitment with the @710Coils 25mm banger with 2.5mm sidewalls is absolute PERFECTION!

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker

biohacker

@bizwaxzion I finally purchased an IR Thermometer and it has allowed me to ditch timing the torch! :rockon:

It has an adjustable emissivity, and set default to .95. Any thoughts as to what to set it to for ruby and sapphire? It seems to be bang on accurate out of the box in line with my torch timer dabs, at a sweet spot of mid-upper 400's, but just curious. In the manual the closest thing I can see is glass, at .85.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
@bizwaxzion I finally purchased an IR Thermometer and it has allowed me to ditch timing the torch! :rockon:

It has an adjustable emissivity, and set default to .95. Any thoughts as to what to set it to for ruby and sapphire? It seems to be bang on accurate out of the box in line with my torch timer dabs, at a sweet spot of mid-upper 400's, but just curious. In the manual the closest thing I can see is glass, at .85.
I used this page for reference - emery corundum is listed at .86.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Which IR guns are people using?

I have one from 5-10 years ago without adjustable emissivity, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere near accurate. It seems to work on items that aren't too hot or cold, but it just doesn't work at all on my dab gear. Even trying an item like the coil, which it should read without issue, I would get numbers in the 200-300 range. Obviously that's not right, my FP coil is set to 737!

Top Bottom