Quartz Banger Thread

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
YES~ most everyone hits too damn hot.
After a 10-12 second torch on the BigShot, I let cool for about 30 seconds before beginning.

Regarding cost, you can find this badass torch for around $40 when it goes on sale. Keep your eyes open during the holidays...

* I have no relations with Blazer, just really like their torch. Mine has lasted years of abuse and drops and operates perfectly.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Megaton

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Female joint bubble cap because 2 is better than 1:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/glass-bubble-carb-cap-with-female-joint-bottom/433165395.html

biohacker

If I get an IR thermometer and use it on the opaque bottom, is it an actually accurate reading?

biohacker,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
If I get an IR thermometer and use it on the opaque bottom, is it an actually accurate reading?
Should be pretty close. I've checked mine against a thermocouple and they agree. One with adjustable emisivity is nice, but under 1500F both opaque and 4-5mm thick clear quartz are about 0.92. I think the non-adjustable ones use 0.95.

bizwaxzion,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Should be pretty close. I've checked mine against a thermocouple and they agree. One with adjustable emisivity is nice, but under 1500F both opaque and 4-5mm thick clear quartz are about 0.92. I think the non-adjustable ones use 0.95.

Thanks, I guess i'll grab an etekcity as well! :D

Should I grab your model or is there anything else worth getting? 1025d?

biohacker,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thanks, I guess i'll grab an etekcity as well! :D

Should I grab your model or is there anything else worth getting?
I've had it since june of 2017 and no complaints. I did get a cheaper one first and returned it for the one I have now.

bizwaxzion,

biohacker

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Looking forward to your thoughts when it lands. I finally got around to ordering this one you suggested just for a backup to my precious quartz pi cap. Are you still using the quartz pi as your daily?

https://www.dhgate.com/product/glass-bubble-ball-carb-cap-for-thermal-bangers/397182223.html
glass-bubble-ball-carb-cap-for-thermal-bangers.jpg
Definitely, I haven't used the dhgate one since I posted I liked the quartz pi one better. I'll try it some more tonight and see how I feel now that I've been using the quartz pi for a while. With the dhgate one less airflow definitely makes me go a little slower on my draw, have to be a bit more careful aiming to move the material around in there too.

StormyPinkness,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I have enough caps but I liked the look of them so I'm grabbing 2 of these for $3 to try out:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/x/429165885.html
So far I sort of like them, but not as much as my quartz pi. The airflow is more open than the quartz pi and definitely more open then I'd like. I don't think it works as well, but it took me a few tries to really appreciate my quartz pi so I'll give it a few more tries. Also I was hoping for this purple color and instead got a clear and blue one. Though I do like how they are able to stand up on their own handle and be pretty sturdy. Also they were so cheap I'm not sad in the slightest if I never use them.

f4fjh4.jpg

StormyPinkness,

biohacker

Definitely, I haven't used the dhgate one since I posted I liked the quartz pi one better. I'll try it some more tonight and see how I feel now that I've been using the quartz pi for a while. With the dhgate one less airflow definitely makes me go a little slower on my draw, have to be a bit more careful aiming to move the material around in there too.

I think I like it BETTER than the Quartz Pi! Well at least for function not quality as it's pretty thin/light. But I think I love that little restriction to the airflow? Think i'm getting denser milk at LOWER temps! I'll have to give it some more time to really decide, but if I like it i'm buying another one.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I think I like it BETTER than the Quartz Pi! Well at least for function not quality as it's pretty thin/light. But I think I love that little restriction to the airflow? Think i'm getting denser milk at LOWER temps! I'll have to give it some more time to really decide, but if I like it i'm buying another one.
To me it seemed like it took more effort to get the terp pearls moving, especially the 8mm ones. I do enjoy having more control, but when I'm using the quartz pi it's like I don't need that extra control. I feel like that sounds weird. I do like them both more than the latest dhgate one I got, there isn't nearly enough airflow restriction.

Trying all these different caps is making me want the one with adjustable airflow even more...

StormyPinkness,

biohacker

To me it seemed like it took more effort to get the terp pearls moving, especially the 8mm ones. I do enjoy having more control, but when I'm using the quartz pi it's like I don't need that extra control. I feel like that sounds weird. I do like them both more than the latest dhgate one I got, there isn't nearly enough airflow restriction.

There is definitely more restriction, and so far i've been really enjoying it - but i'll have to go back to the quartz pi to really compare again. I only use 1 6mm and 1 8mm, and i've found i've been able to get them moving easier than the pi so far. I've had a couple of near miss heat attacks with it meeting my quartz counter, but so far i've been pretty lucky and no breakage. It's SO thin!

Trying all these different caps is making me want the one with adjustable airflow even more...

Is that the fancy expensive gordo riptide cap? I think there is one in the classifieds?

biohacker,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
There is definitely more restriction, and so far i've been really enjoying it - but i'll have to go back to the quartz pi to really compare again. I only use 1 6mm and 1 8mm, and i've found i've been able to get them moving easier than the pi so far. I've had a couple of near miss heat attacks with it meeting my quartz counter, but so far i've been pretty lucky and no breakage. It's SO thin!

Is that the fancy expensive gordo riptide cap? I think there is one in the classifieds?
The one I keep dreaming of is the fancy expensive terp tuner I heard about in the 710coils thread.

https://shop.madhustleinc.com/products/bubble-terptuner?variant=6402963963931
I would LOVE the $130 apricot one:
10_c04ab22d-8b17-41bf-b93f-2cdc086937a8_1024x1024@2x.jpg

There's an $80 clear one too:
clear_bubt_grande_752e15d7-2ce6-4787-80f7-b801e2aa0300_1024x1024@2x.jpg

biohacker

Yeah those definitely look stellar! :rockon:

In time my friend, i've just got hooked on the quartz a month ago and feel that QAS as my new VAS :lol:

I need to get myself a sapphire or ruby insert next for my 30mm opaque! I don't think I can go back to non insert drop dabs! :D Super easy solution to keep your banger clean too! :brow: Have you been doing any insert drops? Do you have opaque inserts?

LongDraw

Is there a site to buy the terp turner? I have seen their website before and they are always out of stock. I had searched online and found one site selling the multicolored one, but wasn't familiar with the site.

LongDraw,

Megaton

If the price was equal, what would you guys rather- a good torch, or a generic enail to use with your banger?

(Sorry if this is not the place to discuss this!)

Megaton,

biohacker

If the price was equal, what would you guys rather- a good torch, or a generic enail to use with your banger?

I assume the enail comes with a coil? :brow: Only you can really answer this question, but I personally think the answer is BOTH! :D

Torch is awesome for a quick snapper, or if you only do a few dabs a day, portability (outdoors, friends, etc), and of course to clean up your banger to like brand new. I highly recommend the Blazer Big Shot GT 8000.

Enail is awesome for not having to worry about using butane, flame, effortless insert drops (uptemps), accurate temps, friends/groups, etc.

So yeah like I said you'll probably want them BOTH! I had them both, gave up the enail for the torch exclusively, lasted a few weeks and now I miss my enail like crazy and am getting one again! :D

Hope that helps man! :rockon:

Top Bottom