Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
MY decision for a whip vape?maybe I am just lost but I am not looking for one.

however I am glad that you got to try an ssv that works as it should :) Im sure your VB is fine now time to send your ssv off to the shop :peace:

Thought I recall you mention that you're looking for an upgrade to your DaBuddah - either that or my potato been baking too long.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

oh yes, my bad, I am looking for a heavy hitting all glass vapor path alternative to my dbv, but not a whip, cause thats one of the best whip vapes there is.

your potato has still been vaking so long I think its finally baked

Nycdeisel,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Alright people! Just placed my order for a black walnut w/ bison leather... Let the waiting begin :D

MajorDoobage,

weedemon

enthusiast
MajorDoobage said:
Alright people! Just placed my order for a black walnut w/ bison leather... Let the waiting begin :D
congrats dude :) I think you are gonna like it :) was putting mine to good use yesterday :)

weedemon,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
MajorDoobage said:

You will like it. I love mine. It's better than I imagined it could be. The waiting is the hardest part, to quote Mr. Petty. :)

Madcap79,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
oh yes, my bad, I am looking for a heavy hitting all glass vapor path alternative to my dbv, but not a whip, cause thats one of the best whip vapes there is.

your potato has still been vaking so long I think its finally baked

Sound like it is time for a new potato

jeffp,

weedemon

enthusiast
ok, I decided to show off some pics of my Walnut unit.

with flash

the rest are without flash

after about a week of use it has grown on me further. I can see the ritual that comes with use forming, and it's pretty chill. i'm glad i bought it.

weedemon,

mlo4sho

Awesome pics! I really love the Walnut with bison bottom. If I ever get another PD, I'm definitely going with that setup. Bea-u-tiful.

mlo4sho,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
That looks vaguely familiar.
Well lwien, After a long time thinking and trying to decide between the MZ, the WDZ, and the PD, I decided that your review was a good one. Your comment "but with PD you get Pammy and Tom" made me think, so I emailed Pammy and Tom, to get details. I explained that I was a coma survivor, that had a vape in every room, and I decided on a log vape for my bedroom
I then asked a specific question about differences between heat Portal covers, and to place an order.

I did not get to communicate with Tom, but Pammy wrote back to me and said she could not help me.
She said that they live in Arizona, so they do not sell in Arizona because of Tax issues.
She also said she could not answer my question about the heat portal differences because she can't endorse the other Vaporizers.
I wrote back to her asking if she would please answer the question about the heat portal protection on the PD, even if she can't sell in Arizona, since I can have it sent to a friend anyplace in the US!
I wait for a response back from her but it just might be that my search for a log vape may have just been narrowed down to MZ and WDZ!

Vitolo,

lwien

Heat portal covers? Heat portal protection? I don't believe that the PD, MZ or WDZ have such a thing.

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
Heat portal covers? Heat portal protection? I don't believe that the PD, MZ or WDZ have such a thing.
There is a screen on the MZ down in the heat opening, that you rest the tube against. This prevents herb from falling in. This protection is advertised on the MZ website.
you can see the screen here:
img0579gq.jpg

Vitolo,

lwien

The PD does not have a screen, but I've had my PD for over two years and never once felt that I needed a screen in there. After loading a fresh bowl, you insert the stem, hold the PD at a 45 degree angle like you were drinking a coke and draw. After the first draw, the bud is virtually glued inside the bowl so nothing spills out. I'll turn my PD upside down about once every six months or so and tap the bottom of the vape and only a few crumbs come out.

The other concern about a screen is that it may act as a bit of a heat sink, thereby lowering the temp. It's not uncommon for people to state that their MZ's run cooler than the PD's and while the screen may not be the sole reason for this, it very well could be a contributing factor.

The other thing to consider is that if anything does make it's way down into the vape thru the screen, it will be a lot harder to get out.

For me, I wouldn't let the screen or no screen sway you as to which vape to get. Other things like length of warranty differences and what type of metal is used in the heat exchanger, price, types of wood, various different leathers used on the bottom..........things like that that I would take more into consideration when trying to decide which one to get.

lwien,

Drops

Vaporist
Also think if the screen comes loose and slides down and shorts the resister inside, instant short.

Drops,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
The PD does not have a screen, but I've had my PD for over two years and never once felt that I needed a screen in there....
yes, I have read that the PD runs warmer, and I like that. Now it remains to be seen if they will do business with me. Pammy has not written back yet.
She seemed set on not selling to anyone in Arizona, although I could use an address out of the state.

Vitolo,
Oh Weedemon!
You are one lucky puppy.
Photo #1 captures the warmth of the color sweetly! (Gotta love Walnut).
Not to mention, the grain is superb.
Wow, ...caused a tear to fall from my eyes.
Also appreciated the aerial-shot in #4.
Well done.
It helps me with my waiting period.
Thanks

and...
Great job Tom!
Real nice piece :cool:

GuidedByVapors,

SmokingElectricity

log vapes like the MZ and PD were meant to be hand held. you should hold it sideways when you take your first hit, especially if your worried about material falling into the heat port. the screen is more of a preference, although i could see it as a benefit if you are a bit "goof" prone.

SmokingElectricity,

Purple-Days

The buy page on our site says, "No Sales In Arizona".

No means no (to me), not maybe. :cool: We have our reasons, and that's enough.

+++

Back with some pics in a few... :D

Purple-Days,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Purple-Days said:
The buy page on our site says, "No Sales In Arizona".
Had I seen that on the website, it would have saved me weeks of asking questions :rolleyes: (my bad)
So now my log vape quest is between an MZ, a WDZ.
(or a PD without a warranty in my own name!)

Vitolo,

Purple-Days

1j827p.jpg

kba90i.jpg

4 AM, :whip: sorta had an hour to play, before starting the work day. This chunk of Rosewood has been bugging me a while... And the Lathe was up on the workbench, and Pammy likes gifts . . . so . . . a bit of an old school rolling tray top / storage under version for a modern PD style user. Something like a Mix-N-Ball 2 pc... but a wooden storage bowl, and not a grinder.

Pammy likes it, I can see a couple of refinements, but I like the basic design. Heavy bottom, for anti-tip-over, only the rim is thin (about 3/16"). These are not for sale at this time.
Just thought some folks might like to see something new from PD land.

Purple-Days,

sliqpd

^It's always nice to see the pd woodwork :cool:
Just made an account to give some feedback and make my first post. Glad to hear Pammy is ok, haven't lurked here in a while.
I own a vapir one which is ok but too loud, a cheap round metal "topvape", a mflb which was my main until recently, and I have tried the vaporbros and volcano. After doing some research online a lot of people were saying how efficient the purple days is so I went with them.
Received my Sapele/Bison pd last month and it is the only thing I have been using since, works very nicely and looks beautiful. Speaking of beautiful here is a pic:
dscn0176ly.jpg

And here is a slideshow with more pics in that area
http://img849.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dscn0167u.jpg
Like the song says: Everyone loves a log!

sliqpd,
Top Bottom