Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
p.s: you should get some Buzz Butter for it! if you didn't get any with it

I went on their website and ordered some buzz butter before I even left work today! :lol: I was a little disappointed that there wasn't any included :uhoh: (I did get an empty stash tin, though), but no big deal at all.

Pammy already emailed me that it will be promptly shipped out, so I'll be polishing her up in no time.

Cheers!

Stu,

Nycdeisel

:lol: that is good, too bad there was none included but it isnt a huge expense. I butter mine once every week, which seems to be the norm around here. I even had to order another tin cause my tiny sample one started to go quick! but Im actually still on my first sample tin of it! ha! I use it sparingly.

post another shot once shes buttered up :)
thats cherry wood?

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I will post another when she's all dolled-up nice and proper. ;)

It's Myrtle w/ Bison :brow:

Stu,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Had my first tube and wow. Just wow. Very satisfied. Woo hoo! I just gotta get the packing down.

Madcap79,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I need to get my packing down, too. Packing by hand is awkward for me, so I'm sucking in and tamping with my finger.

I also learned how NOT to clear a spent stem. If you ever find yourself thinking "I could probably blow this out into a shot glass..." then you're vaped and need to re-think this. :lol:

:peace:

Stu,

lwien

Stu said:
I also learned how NOT to clear a spent stem. If you ever find yourself thinking "I could probably blow this out into a shot glass..." then you're vaped and need to re-think this. :lol:

:peace:
:lol: Everyone has to go through this once, for it is only then that you know you've graduated from PD newb to PD apprentice and on your way to becoming a PD vet.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

Thats how I do it, straw method(suck it up) and then use your finger to wipe away excess herb and then 'pack' it in with your finger. then do a palm check before mating the stem.

never tried to blow a stem out, always used a tool to empty it, stir tool from dbv or a bamboo skwewer. my avb goes into a jar

Nycdeisel,

Madcap79

I'm going with the straw method for packing as well. I think I might try making a abv receptacle out of an old baby food jar. I'm pretty sure I read how to do it on this thread. I'll post a pick of my new toy if I can figure out how. :lol:

Madcap79,

Nycdeisel

WHy bother with food jars for any herb storage? I never understood that, just use small mason jars.

Nycdeisel,

Madcap79

Well, for my unvaped herb, I use a mason jar. My abv I keep in a baggy for now. I just thought it might be easier to blow it out than dig it out but maybe not. :/

Madcap79,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
^^^ try the little muslin bag that comes with the PD- the small one. It's the easiest thing I've found by far- instert the stem, pinch at the top around the stem, and just a light blow in there while the load is still warm and it comes out clean as a whistle. Can take a bit more effort if you let it cool down, and might make your ears pop!

WatTyler,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
No, suprisingly not. Once it's half full I just tip it out into a dish, turn it inside out and brush it off, turn in again, and it's good to go. There's not even any fluff in the ABV either.

(Although I should add that to make life easier I scorched off some of the extra threads from my muslin bag seam; just with a lighter flame. There less for any abv to get caught up in then)

WatTyler,

Madcap79

Huh. I would have assumed that it would stick to the bag. That's what I get for assuming I suppose. Maybe I'll try that.

Madcap79,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
You've gotta let it reach a critical mass before it works I suppose. If you just blow one or three stems in then you might have a difficult time reclaiming them out, but then why would you want to? Wait until it's half full and it'll work fine. :D

WatTyler,

Madcap79

Sweet. Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking I'll put up a review once I consume a couple more stems. So far though I gotta say that it works better than I thought it would and I had high hopes. SO happy with my purchase.

Madcap79,

alexwallis

Hi,
I butter my pd usually about once a week, I have nearly finished my first tin of buzz butter, but luckily when I got my pd, I was sent two tins.
I guess I am lucky, as I have always blown into the bag, having read other peoples experiences, I never tried blowing into a glass, though I do find my herb does stick to the inside of the bag.

The packing method I use is pack by hand, I take a pintch or two between finger and thumb, and put it into a tube.
Once I can feel the herb near the top of the tube with my index finger, I then brush away any that is really sticking out, and then I tap the tube contents down by rapidly tapping the metal part of the tube with my index finger til it feels packed in.

I would never get any other vape than a PD, they are just so efficient, and I think I would feel disappointed by trying any other vape, as the pd sets such a high standard, though I would be curious about trying a volcano just for the experience, but I don't know any other vape owners, so I doubt I will ever get to do that.

alexwallis,

RBKJ

I've had my PD since 4/20 this year and I don't know how the hell I've been living without it. I posted my initial review of the PD around 2 days after I had gotten and since then the experience has only been getting better.

I butter my PD whenever I feel like giving it a shine, after a few times of using the buzz butter you develop a sensitivity with the sheen of the PD freshly buttered. At least I did. Now whenever it seems its losing its luster I shine it right back up.

As for my technique of loading the PD, the straw method is by far the most effective in my opinion. I use a grinder with a pollen trap so I just use the straw method from my grinder and use the screen to twist the tube tip on so that it packs in a little better and nothing sticks out. The result is a nicely packed stem, not to loose, and not to packed. My clouds are milkiest whenever I do it this way so I have never turned back.

My only problem now is my own ability to hold the hit in! I don't know if I just have a weak constitution, but whenever I try to take a hit from the PD I always tend to cough a little bit. I have never been a smoker before this so I haven't hasn't had any prior conditioning. Does anybody else also experience constant itching when using the PD? I'd like to just for once be able to hold a big hit in without having to cough. It would be less suspicious for people outside my room! Right now I'm thinking I just have to get use to it, but it sucks to think that I might be wasting! Thats why I got the PD, to not waste lol ><

The PD is an efficient beast. From packing to satisfaction its only a few seconds of effort when you have it all down. I would never imagine using any other personal vape, but the PD. How much more simpler can you get?

RBKJ,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
I apologize if this question has been asked already, but is there an aromatherapy oil diffusion device for the PD?

MajorDoobage,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yes, there is a copper cup that comes with PD. You put essential oil in it and then put on top of PD to make the room smell nice!! I love a mixture of lemon, lime & grapefruit in mine :cool:

A glass jar is great for storing ABV to me as then I'm ready to make tincture. I blow lightly in stem with tip pointed towards wall of bottle slightly downward, up near top of the jar. I use a 24oz. jar and never any blowback. Works like a charm. I've only used the bag for ABV when I went on road trips with the PD.

@RBJK - You might try sipping a cool beverage between hits on the PD. Might help cool your airway. Smaller hits of course too may help you build up to being able to take larger ones.

Lo,

Drops

Vaporist
MajorDoobage said:
I apologize if this question has been asked already, but is there an aromatherapy oil diffusion device for the PD?
Yes, comes with "Aromatherapy Cup" that sits on top.

Drops,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Lo said:
Yes, there is a copper cup that comes with PD. You put essential oil in it and then put on top of PD to make the room smell nice!! I love a mixture of lemon, lime & grapefruit in mine :cool:

Drops said:
Yes, comes with "Aromatherapy Cup" that sits on top.

Thanks for the quick responses! :D

MajorDoobage,

Madcap79

RB::: "My only problem now is my own ability to hold the hit in! I don't know if I just have a weak constitution, but whenever I try to take a hit from the PD I always tend to cough a little bit. I have never been a smoker before this so I haven't hasn't had any prior conditioning. Does anybody else also experience constant itching when using the PD? I'd like to just for once be able to hold a big hit in without having to cough. It would be less suspicious for people outside my room! Right now I'm thinking I just have to get use to it, but it sucks to think that I might be wasting! Thats why I got the PD, to not waste lol ><"

I get the same tickle when I hit mine as well. I just received mine mid week. I guess it's the warmth of the vapor that causes the tickle? Anyway, maybe get a hold of some tubing to give the vapor some time to cool. I have to say that I would recommend the PD to anyone. It is more efficient and gives a better effect than I could have imagined. :o

Madcap79,

MG23

Relaxin'
RBKJ said:
My only problem now is my own ability to hold the hit in! I don't know if I just have a weak constitution, but whenever I try to take a hit from the PD I always tend to cough a little bit. I have never been a smoker before this so I haven't hasn't had any prior conditioning. Does anybody else also experience constant itching when using the PD? I'd like to just for once be able to hold a big hit in without having to cough. It would be less suspicious for people outside my room! Right now I'm thinking I just have to get use to it, but it sucks to think that I might be wasting! Thats why I got the PD, to not waste lol ><
Just take smaller hits. I personally take 3 puffs at a couple seconds each and hold it in as long as it's comfortable.

These days I pretty much exclusively run my PD through the 250 though, blows direct draw out of the water for me. :)

MG23,
Top Bottom