Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

lwien

Emails are meant to be private communique's, and yet you posted them up here?

Then you said, "was told from Pam that it wouldnt be a problem but keep it quiet. I replied not a problem My lipps are sealed.", and then again, after promising that, you post it up here anyways?

Tom and Pammy are fortunately in a position NOT to do business with those that they don't want to do business with. Obviously, for them, they made the right choice.

For others that may be reading this. Doing business with Tom and Pammy is quite a bit different than doing business with just about anyone else and it is this difference, along with the quality of the product, that makes the PD so special and why they have such a HUGE following and loyal customer base. That difference is that you are not just purchasing a product, but also being welcomed into their home and become part of the family. They just treat you like that. It's that old world charm of hand crafting a product along with handcrafting relationships. It was obvious to Tom that this particular customer was not someone that they wanted or desired as a customer, and so they chose not to.

Back to the OP. If it was a misunderstanding, there are ways that you could have patched things up, but instead, you chose to air out your dirty laundry here, so from my point of view, they made the right decision.

Time to move on, eh? No PD for you.

lwien,

wthanna

420Barista - exactly what lwien said... You made a special request from a home based business making hand made (every one is different) products that has a several week backlog on their primary product. You didn't even have a couple of days patience while others have had to wait months literally.. You lied to them and then publicly aired private emails from someone who was going above and beyond what they have said they would do, in order to accommodate you. You apparently made enough trouble to make Pammy cry. Sounds like Tom made the right decision.

Edited to be nicer after a little calm and vape time. Live and learn.. don't bite the hand that feeds you.. etc, etc. .....and forgive! :peace: :2c:

wthanna,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I apparently made the mistake of asking for a custom pandora kit with another (available) leather bottom.
Your mistake was sending an email where you sound too pushy. All custom orders are favors, yet your response for a slightly delayed email was an overreaction IMO. I know i personally would be more inclined to do a custom order or a favor to someone who was nice.... hmmmmm. A novel idea.

420 Barista. Tom and Pammy have exceeded any and all expectations i have ever had. If you treat them half way descent Barista you would have had no problems. Did you not notice they have a backlog of 14+ weeks for their product? If you sent a follow up email to "get the ball rolling" it could have been nicely stated to someone who is doing you a favor, which they were. Then you are asking for a custom order, it takes time and they are as everyone knows extremely busy. If you are looking for custom, I would try a MZ or WDZ, the demand isn't nearly as high. Pammy is the sweetest women ever and even sent me an E-Card for my Bday. She doesn't deserve that, she was simply busy.

"Well Im Still Waiting and its Tuesday, well past Monday evening. So Why am I Still Wating?
My life suggestion for you Barista is, "speak softly but carry a big stick." In reality an email that was the response to a favor you requested, was slightly delayed? What's the big deal? You could have also tried a polite email, not a condescending one. I would reserve that type of response for times when someone does you a true disservice, not because they are 12hrs late in responding to an email. That is simply not how you should treat people. Things happen, and i bet you would have likely received the custom order if you had simply politely asked if you could receive your checkout link, or tried waiting another day. Especially to someone who is doing you a favor. You got what was coming to you. I am the nicest guy in the world, and for a big fella i rarely get in fights. But i am going to go out on a limb and assume you are that type who can't keep his mouth shut till someone stick's their foot up your ass. Seen the type, and silenced the like.

Sadly, you will miss out on a PD. This product is the best at what it does.

funny thing, its now thursday morning and you will always be waiting :lol:

PS. Tom I am almost glad this guy shared cause the no soup thing is funny as hell. You want bread? $5 extra!

IAmKrazy2,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
this isnt walmart Barista, so get the hell out of here you arrogant prick

this is exactly why I wish the Purple days project wasnt so public these days.. that fool had one post or less when he tried to order. wouldnt surprise me at all if he has no idea how to assemble it and is just impatient.

On a more positive note, my PD has me healthier, wealthier and just plain happy as a clam! Thanks Pam and Tom!

modnote: Forum rules still apply here. Name calling is not allowed.

MrMistyTokes,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I made the decision to buy a PD based not only on all the wonderful comments made about it and it's makers here in this forum, but also based on all the posts made by Tom himself. When I stumbled onto the 420 contest, I thought to myself, "this guy is really a cool person who believes in his product, is an artist and seemed to really care that his product made people happy and satisfied. He's even willing to give one away!

I'm at the bottom of a list that I'm proud to be on. As I've stated before, all good things are worth waiting for. Barista needs to put on his big boy panties. :rolleyes:

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Lo said:
Nice pic!!! I want to come hang in your yard...haven't seen a mountain in about 6 years :( Beautiful!

Oh....the PD is lovely too LOL!

Party at SSS's house LMAO
I might be moving to Montana soon...

jeffp,

lwien

jeffp said:
Lo said:
Nice pic!!! I want to come hang in your yard...haven't seen a mountain in about 6 years :( Beautiful!

Oh....the PD is lovely too LOL!

Party at SSS's house LMAO
I might be moving to Montana soon...
Yup. That pic WILL make Tom and Pammy smile. That PD and that Montana shot go together like............(insert your analogy of choice )

lwien,

spazo555

haha that barista420 duude played himself :p succka. That just maade me feel better about being # 3752 on the waitlist lol.

spazo555,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
420Barista said:
Purple-Days Experience.

Well I reciently had a PD experience, Unfortunately not a good one.

I apparently made the mistake of asking for a custom pandora kit with another (available) leather bottom.

Anyone else experience this???

mod note: posting of private correspondence is not allowed on the forum. Please read the rules!
yeah but i bet my PD if this guy was really starving T&P would not bogart the soup.
now get out of here, you short haired nudist!

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Let's take a vacation from the bad vibes and get this thread going again!

img3340h.jpg

IAmKrazy2, sweeeet PD trio. :clap:

vtac,

420Barista

People!!!!!
after all the posts I have read in the hundreds of pages on this forum over the past few months reguarding the praise, the so many positive stories and experiences, I was hoping to eventually join in on this group and share my own experiences I might have felt noteworthy to contribute as the rest of many of you have. Instead I try to share a not so positive PD experience and I get the above responses. Hey well I tried to join in your wonderful little world and improve my own self with what seemed a good Quality Product. I didnt go over the PD website with a fine tooth comb as some apparently have. but the point I tried to make is I unknowningly inquired in getting a custom ordered pandora kit when the site I now learn had listed somewhere about no custom orders, I didnt see it friggin shoot me im as human and error prone as the next guy. If i saw it I wouldnt have inquired. Funny thing though was I did enquire and was told By Pam It wouldnt be a problem. If it violated a rule 1. I didnt know 2. apparantly Neither did Pam. Had she said sorry no can do I would have made the order as is as it comes naturally and all would be fine and dandy. But Thats not the case now. No PD For me as per TOM Personally he can keep it. The woodeez sounds comperable So perhaps i will go that route But ya gotta ask yourself when admins edit posts so the intended intention of a negative experience gets SPINNED and any pertanant info expunged and the above posts from the cool aid groupies. Its clear the politics at work even in the forums.

modnote: Reading is a good thing. I suggest you read the forum rules or refrain from posting here.

420Barista,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i read the original post 420barista. had you been more patient i think you may have been able to pull off a custom order but since custom work is not generally offered you blew it. i mean damn dude, people wait a long time for a pd and you get salty over an e-mail that isn't answered in a day? that's a little much don't you think?

SSS,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Holy shit that's a beautiful view Vtac.... Great PD too but man.... the view!!

Okay, I officially want to move now :)

Jeff - I'm not sure Montana is ready for you LOL! You crack me up sometimes.

Lo,

lwien

420Barista said:
People!!!!!
Hey well I tried to join in your wonderful little world......

But ya gotta ask yourself when admins edit posts so the intended intention of a negative experience gets SPINNED and any pertanant info expunged and the above posts from the cool aid groupies. Its clear the politics at work even in the forums.
Joined our wonderful "little" world?
Cool aid groupies?
Politics at work in the forum?

Sounds like a persecution complex in full bloom from someone who refuses to take responsibility for his/her own communications. You blew it Barista, and now you're blaming it on everyone else? Everyone is wrong and you are right, right? You have much to learn grasshopper.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Damn you guys and your beautiful PD's with killer back yards!

If the weather ever clears up here I'm gonna take a sweet beach sunrise shot with my PD's!

stickstones,

wthanna

wow.. if my back yard sees these pics, it's going to have an inferiority complex... beautiful! I could sit for hours with my PD in both of those places..

edit: I'm tempted to grab a copy and rotate them as my desktop wallpaper :D

wthanna,

lwien

Vtac, that wood inlay that your PD is sitting on is gorgeous. And don't get me started on all that lush stuff in the background. Too nice..........

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
420Barista said:
People!!!!!
Hey well I tried to join in your wonderful little world......

But ya gotta ask yourself when admins edit posts so the intended intention of a negative experience gets SPINNED and any pertanant info expunged and the above posts from the cool aid groupies. Its clear the politics at work even in the forums.
Joined our wonderful "little" world?
Cool aid groupies?
Politics at work in the forum?

Sounds like a persecution complex in full bloom from someone who refuses to take responsibility for his/her own communications. You blew it Barista, and now you're blaming it on everyone else? Everyone is wrong and you are right, right? You have much to learn grasshopper.
An "FC Truther"

jeffp,

Frickr

im jealous of those views! i would do anything to have a back yard like either one of those two shots. moved from western north dakota to eastern sd and now i hardly have a hill to look at. everything is just flat.... :( hopefully this summer ill be able to make it back out to the mountains. i want to visit the northern montana rockies again. just simply beautiful.

i guess i could contribute, and post a picture of my pd out in the middle of a corn field or something :lol: thats about all there is around here for sites. well besides this place:

cornpalace2008.jpg

Frickr,
Top Bottom