Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
I believe im using morrocan dry sift (not that soapbar) Happycamper. I hope i haven't just bought something which is useless to me. I cant afford another vapouriser, took me long enough to afford this one.

edit, just seen your post aterphasma, Thanks for clearing up those abbreviations. I did try cutting up the hash so fine, almost like dust, but it seems to be worse, i think it all binds together and blocks the airway even more.

JohnnyVape,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
JohnnyVape said:
I believe im using morrocan dry sift (not that soapbar) Happycamper. I hope i haven't just bought something which is useless to me. I cant afford another vapouriser, took me long enough to afford this one.

edit, just seen your post aterphasma, Thanks for clearing up those abbreviations. I did try cutting up the hash so fine, almost like dust, but it seems to be worse, i think it all binds together and blocks the airway even more.
Thats why i think it helps a lot maintian airflow when its on top of something. Someone suggested on top cottonwool, im sure it was in this thread, but i dont think anyone tried it.

Happycamper,

lwien

JohnnyVape said:
I hope i haven't just bought something which is useless to me. I cant afford another vapouriser, took me long enough to afford this one.
And this is why it's so important to do a lot of research before buying a vape........any vape.

If you came on here and asked which vape would be best for vaping hash, and that you didn't have any access to bud in order to make a hash sandwich, I doubt that anyone here would have suggested that you get a PD.

Sorry...........it just wasn't a good choice for your particular situation for a lot of reasons. Fixed temp, super small bowl with a screen that is not super easy to replace, etc etc etc. The PD is a great vape, but like any vape, it is not the best choice for everyone or for all applications.

Regarding the loose fitting tubes, it was designed on purpose that way so that you could easily mate the bowl to the heat exchanger. It does not affect the performance in the least.

lwien,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
lwien, With all due respect, Hash is a regular and common cannabis product and this is a cannabis vapouriser.

When i clicked pay into Paypal for this cannabis vapouriser i had zero reason to think this would'nt be suitable for vaping something as simple and established as hashish,

Nor was i informed this would'nt be suitable for vaping hashish. I cant afford this BS.

JohnnyVape,

gak hater

JohnnyVape said:
lwien, With all due respect, Hash is a regular and common cannabis product and this is a cannabis vapouriser.

When i clicked pay into Paypal for this cannabis vapouriser i had zero reason to think this would'nt be suitable for vaping something as simple and established as hashish,

Nor was i informed this would'nt be suitable for vaping hashish. I cant afford this BS.
it should be no biggie,the vape is very popular and in heavy demand, so list it up
here used http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453 and in a day or two you will recoup most if not all
your loot. then start a good vape for hash thread and you will be
on the path to getting what you want...

ps
its not listed or advertised as a cannabis vaporizor anywhere :rolleyes:
its listed as a aromatherapy diffuser...
you put the label on it yourself...

gak hater,

jklasd

johnnyvape, with all due respect, its on you to do the research to find out if it would work. just because hash is a regular cannabis product, does not mean that it can be used. this is an 151 page thread with PLENTY of information for you to have checked out before you hit "pay" in paypal. it is not up to tom or pammy, or anyone else for that matter, to tell you that hash is not as suitable as bud in their product. its up to you to find out. would you buy a car thats nice and had a good reputation without checking if it had that special thing that you wanted? its up to you to find out. each user is different, and each user will use different things. tom and pammy dont have the time to tell each buyer that this might not do this, or might do this. as gak hater said, if you post it in the for sale thread, someone will buy it. the PD is a very popular item.

jklasd,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
just because hash is a regular cannabis product, does not mean that it can be used.
okaayyy then. that makes loads of sense mate.

it is not up to tom or pammy, or anyone else for that matter, to tell you that hash is not as suitable as bud in their product. its up to you to find out.
You dont think so ? maybe you should put down the pom poms and think about what you just wrote. bizarre train of thought. :uhoh: a vapouriser that doesnt vape hash, unbelievable really. Im very dissapointed, i waited exactly a month to get it and its useless to me.

JohnnyVape,

lwien

JohnnyVape said:
just because hash is a regular cannabis product, does not mean that it can be used.
Hash is a secondary product. The primary product is the flowers.

It really does make perfect sense, but unfortunately, you found out after the fact rather than prior.

The simple fact is that as far as I can remember, you are the ONLY person that has ever purchased a PD to use primarily for hash, and not have the availability to use flowers in a hash sandwich.

The only two reasons why this would be true is that one, they asked if this could be done "before" they purchased it, or two, it is such a rare request.

JV, if you don't want to take the responsibility for purchasing the wrong product for your needs, than so be it, but that is where it belongs and using sarcastic comments like "put down your pom pom's" isn't going to help your situation around here.

You made the wrong choice due to lack of research on your part.........plain and simple. Now if you want help into finding the right product along with trying to recoup your out of pocket costs on the PD, I would suggest to take a different tac around here.

lwien,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Ok... everyone is right. :D

A customer who buys a product that works as described has no right to complain, but has every right to be upset.

Picture buying a slide, packing it to the top with the finest oil, and watching it all slide down the hole into the water on the first hit (not realizing that it wasn't particularly meant for your product and having to look into meteor gauze and Ti screens).

Buyerbeware IMO, but I feel for you, man (Maybe smash the hash and try to pack full and fluffy. Hit slow so it doesnt clog and pick up speed/power as it does -- big tokes and great additions to an ABV collection? :brow: ).

Ramble on everyone, play nice, and (as always) toke it easy. :cool:

PS: Johnnyvape, sorry you're not satisfied, but Tom and Pammy don't really have time for this (but would possibly toke the time anyhow). I am sure that it should be pretty easy to sell a vape that is constantly on backorder. IMO, give it a chance first (maybe you'll even find some herbs?). :)

Progress,

gak hater

JohnnyVape said:
bizarre train of thought. :uhoh: a vapouriser that doesnt vape hash, unbelievable really.
no not at all,i could ramble off a bunch of vapes that don't work with hash
but then i have read about them instead of assuming.
your dissapointment is understandable..
the finger pointing isn't :rolleyes:

gak hater,

jklasd

johnnyvape, i understand your upset, that sucks, truly. i wasted $150 on a chinese knockout that taught me the value of doing research before buying, especially with a vape. like gak hater said, theres plenty of vapes that dont work well with hash, and im rather certain that all of them do not tell the buyer that hash doesn't work as well. hash is secondary for almost everyone, and unfortantly, its not the case for you. tom and pammy have treated ever user with nothing but great customer service, which is why i hold these "pom poms" high and i do so proudly. this is simply the same mistake that many of us have made when buying a vape, and thats not doing the proper research beforehand. but getting that money back will be veryyyyyy easy for you. the 7 week waiting period at vapenow is there for a reason. someone will want this.

jklasd,

reece

JohnnyVape said:

it is not up to tom or pammy, or anyone else for that matter, to tell you that hash is not as suitable as bud in their product. its up to you to find out.
You dont think so ? maybe you should put down the pom poms and think about what you just wrote. bizarre train of thought. :uhoh: a vapouriser that doesnt vape hash, unbelievable really. Im very dissapointed, i waited exactly a month to get it and its useless to me.
There are quite a few vaporizers that cannot vaporize hash without some sort of padding. There are many discussions on FC in that regard. I've been where you are. And I believe your hostility is misdirected. Folks are trying to help. Let them.

As I said before, I have successfully vaped unpressed hash in a product that is very similar to the PD. I I'm sure the same can be done with the PD. Maybe some of the suggestions for "fluffing" your hash are worth invesitgation.

reece,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
At one time many in Europe smoked cone-like "chillums" of hash mixed with tobacco. They used the tobacco as a means to keep the hash lit. I don't suppose you want to vape tobacco, but perhaps there is some other less harmful substance that you can use to suspend the hash in the vapor stream. I don't know, but wouldn't hash vape at the same temp as less processed herb as the components are essentially the same?

macbill,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Hey Johnny im in the UK as well, mine will be 6 weeks wait on weds.
Its a shame, because i would have bought it from you. These type of vapes (and it is a good vape for weed) are not easily available in the UK as i'm sure you know. Im sure you will be able to get your money back and the import tax, someone will definitely want it. I searched to try and find somewhere in uk to get one from before i placed an order.

Hope it wokrs out :peace:

Edit: Just discovered that there is something waiting for me at the post office, the card arrived yestereday. I bet thats it :D:D:D

Happycamper,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
To the people who say hash is secondary, well maybe to you but definatly not to us round here. It is very much primary.

To the guys saying about smashing the hash, im not sure what you mean, could be worth a try but im probably gonna send it back or sell it for a not too extortionate price and get something that is fit for purpose. I thought i was gonna love this little baby.

Thanks Happycamper and its good to see another Brit around here. Enjoy your purple days, you obviously have a supply of good weed, lucky git. :lol: mind you i dont even like weed, am a hash man always have been.

JohnnyVape,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello,

I was the one who suggested to smash it into a powder and pack it full but loose (the PD may even be best suited for this out of many convection-based vapes...due to the amount of contact between the material and hot metal). :2c:

Of course, I was assuming that it was some dry-sift blond-press. If it is the sticky (and quite melty) kind, I would suggest that you look into extract slides, etc.

I even have a friend who puts a little tobacco in the PD and tops it with oil or bubble to satisfy his nostalgic craving for spliffs. :shrug: Some even make a few screens dome them upwards and place the oil on top to let it melt through the layers of screen as it vaporizes. :shrug: Creativity precipitates innovation. :shrug:

If there is not already a thread to discuss how to use hash in vapes, what vapes/tools work best with hash, etc. (you can use the search feature to save yourself the trouble of going through all of the threads manually), please feel free to create one (the only hash discussions meant for here are the ones pertaining to it's use in the PD, IMO).

On that note, if anyone has had particular success with hash in the PD, please do share that here (as I am sure others would also like ideas on how to do so).

I hope that this helps a bit JohnnyVape. ;)

Progress,

max

Out to lunch
JohnnyVape said:

Sorry your purchase didn't satisfy your needs, but I don't think you'll find any vape maker advertising their product as a cannabis vaporizer, for obvious reasons. Vaporizers get a pass where pipes and bongs don't, due to the fact that legal herbs can be vaporized. Sites that sell pipes aren't even allowed to use PayPal. So you won't see any cautions about hash or any other illegal substance on a vape manufacturer's site, nor should you expect to.

If the PD doesn't work for your purposes, I suggest you try and sell it. Due to the high demand, they sell fast and the resale price holds up very well.

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
JohnnyVape said:
To the people who say hash is secondary, well maybe to you but definatly not to us round here. It is very much primary.

To the guys saying about smashing the hash, im not sure what you mean, could be worth a try but im probably gonna send it back or sell it for a not too extortionate price and get something that is fit for purpose. I thought i was gonna love this little baby.

Thanks Happycamper and its good to see another Brit around here. Enjoy your purple days, you obviously have a supply of good weed, lucky git. :lol: mind you i dont even like weed, am a hash man always have been.
as far as primary and secondary are concerned I believe it was in reference too how each one is produced
Primary being the first form before it gets turned into a secondary, which in this case would be Hash. Primary is not in reference too availability, but rather the stage in the product itself.
I have been able too vape hash in the PD... but have always managed this by doing my best too pulverize it into as small particles as I can, and mixing it with something so it wont fall out of the stem (I tend too use ABV if i dont have anything too mix it with) pretty much the same procedure I use with oils when trying them in the PD.
however I don't use the PD that often for hash or oils. I tend too use my other vapes because trying too get everything in the stem and not have it fall out can be a bit tricky at times

DevoTheStrange,

Honey Bear

I have a question regarding y'alls experience passing the PD around in a big group.
The way my room is set up, as in where the sitting circle forms and where the PD is plugged in, it does not reach the far end. I am thinking that I could probably unplug it, have the people on the far end hit it, then plug it back it, and that it would probably stay hot enough.
However, if a few people are hitting it, and it is unplugged for a couple of minutes, well, heck, I dunno.

To some extent I simply need to experiment personally to see what works. I am still curious though if you all have experience with this, or if Tom could perhaps chime in about time and temperature.

Honey Bear,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I would think that hitting it while it's unplugged is a surefire way to drop the temperature.

My suggestion is to spend $10 and buy an extension cord, that way the PD will reach anywhere in your house fully plugged in... problem solved :D

Chubba,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
a very long cords a surefire way to lower the voltage so dont go overboard :lol:

you can definetly get one hit unplugged, i doubt any more with quality

MrMistyTokes,
Top Bottom