Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

xaustinx

Hello Tom

Congrats on the amazing device, finally got the opportunity to hit one of these and Ive decided that I need one for myself. Ive read most of this thread but haven't hit all 150 pages! So, I was just wondering whats the deal with the price difference. I see it was originally listed as 150, but now is 180. Is this because you are only using the more expensive wood?, or can I still purchase the cheaper version. Or perhaps its just the the whole law of supply and demand? I'm not that worried about differences in wood quality, its the functionality of the product that grabs my attention.

I see that the turn around online is 7 weeks, would I be able to get one sooner, direct from you? Im definately willing to wait, but I just thought Id ask.

Keep up the great work.

-Austin

xaustinx,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Xaustinx..Sorry but from your questions, its obvious that you probably havent read a single one of these pages. :2c:

Happycamper,

Purple-Days

Thanks, xaustinx, if you live in North America go to. http://vapenow.com/index.php/Purple-Days-Vaporizer-p-266/

The price was $150. Gasoline was $1.50. Times change. There is no 'cheaper version'. $180 is the price.

We still use American cherry as the house wood. Rarely, we make other woods available to former customers and friends. (Or an international customer who we service directly). You don't fit in these catagories and will have to order from Vapenow.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
xaustinx, if you'll read all of the thread, everything will be clear to you. ;)

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
power cord died. was easy too trouble shoot. Worked fine in the car. got to order me a new one. Using one from my keyboard, but the connection is slightly off. Works though. first indication too me that something wasn't right was the unit rattled more than usual. Now that it has warmed back up, no more rattle.

DevoTheStrange,

catlady

Can someone recommend a good waterpipe to use with a PD? I was thinking the 100ml EHLE or ROOR... where is a good place to buy glass and have it shipped to canada?

catlady,

DJDIZZY

I am also looking into the 100ml Ice Chamber EHLE. Is there any other parts to order??? some sort of GG connector to make the PD to EHLE connection? Thanks...

Also, for those that also have the DBV or SSV and use a bong how much space on a table would the DBV/SSV/Bong compare to a PD/EHLE set up. Thanks a ton!

EDIT: I notice SSV sells a 14mm GG connector... That should work with the EHLE which is 14.5mm, right? Thanks again and hoping not too far off topic!

DJDIZZY,

josh

I second the recommendation on the 100ml EHLE. I bought one several months back after a recommendation buried somewhere back in this thread and I do not regret it. It is a perfect fit for the vapor tube and delivers ice cold vapor hits. Only thing is you have to have small ice cubes. I also have the DBV that i bought after i got the EHLE. While the DBV delivers much larger vapor clouds it also uses more herb IME, but it may just be how much i pack in the bowl. For allday everyday use i prefer the PD. I use it with regs and get extremely high off of only 3 or 4 tubes then 1 maintenance tube every so often to, well, maintain. I can stay high all day off of a gram or less. If i were to use high grade bud i could easily see 1 tube getting me right where i need to be.

josh,

DJDIZZY

So for the PD/EHLE combo, the PD tube just fits without needing any attachments? And how small do the ice cubes have to be? Will ice cubes from a fridge icemaker be too big?

DJDIZZY,
Hi Tom!

I have ordered your creation about two months ago and I am going crazy with anticipation!
I bet I have added about fifty views to all of the youtube videos. Just had to get that off my chest.
Also; I really appreciated reading that you make this product for yourself; and for a "few friends."
You will indeed be considered a friend of mine for years to come in the enjoyment of PD.
Thanks for all the work you put into this, and all the strict standards of health!:)

Billy

Rottweiler1080z,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
josh said:
I second the recommendation on the 100ml EHLE. I bought one several months back after a recommendation buried somewhere back in this thread and I do not regret it. It is a perfect fit for the vapor tube and delivers ice cold vapor hits. Only thing is you have to have small ice cubes. I also have the DBV that i bought after i got the EHLE. While the DBV delivers much larger vapor clouds it also uses more herb IME, but it may just be how much i pack in the bowl. For allday everyday use i prefer the PD. I use it with regs and get extremely high off of only 3 or 4 tubes then 1 maintenance tube every so often to, well, maintain. I can stay high all day off of a gram or less. If i were to use high grade bud i could easily see 1 tube getting me right where i need to be.
Im also looking at the 100mil EHLE, does it come with everthing you need from everyonedoesit? Do you have to buy bowls or downstems things (or whatever they are called) separately, it's just it seems very cheap. However i know nothing about glass bongs.

Happycamper,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Happycamper said:
Im also looking at the 100mil EHLE, does it come with everthing you need from everyonedoesit? Do you have to buy bowls or downstems things (or whatever they are called) separately, it's just it seems very cheap. However i know nothing about glass bongs.
Yes it comes with everything you need (bong and diffuser) to have it work with the PD. It's cheap because it's tiny. IMO the 250ml is more comfortable to use.

Skunkypete,

DJDIZZY

OK, after finding some past threads on the 100ml EHLE/PD, I just took the plunge on the 250ml. The 100 is 9" tall and the 250 is 12" tall and only $8 more. Now I just wish I could buy some patience for the EHLE and PD to show up! :lol:

EDIT: Found this video of VTAC using the 100ml EHLE and PD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CyUO5o4HIw

DJDIZZY,

josh

I'm sure either one would work with the PD. The 100ml was recommended previously due to the volume of vapor a tube can produce will only fill up a larger bong so much. I was personally surprised by how small the bong is, but i never was a bong person so it works for me. Plus it's a great fit for one hand while you hold the PD with the other. As far a quality goes it is a solid piece and seems very well made. (Just like the PD.)

josh,

owin

I have both the 100ml and 250ml EHLE that I use with my PD. I prefer the 250ml. My gf prefers the 100ml. Both are great, especially for the price.

owin,

Tamomarley

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and would just like to thank you all for making this thread such an informative and inviting place to share thoughts about the PD :), it was a huge help.

I have recently received the vap and I can safely say I have never been as impressed with any paraphernalia as I am with my PD!

Just had a question for you, I do apologize if I've missed the answer in earlier posts... After my initial vaping session and a switch off overnight, 6 hours on 8 hours off... I have noticed two small cracks on the wood just next to the heat exchanger. The unit hasn't been dropped or anything, I assume that these cracks had developed as a consequence of the heating up and cooling down of the wood around the heat exchanger. I was just wondering if any of you had had this happen on your own PD and whether or not this seemingly cosmetic issue is a problem for the unit? Needless to say I'm slightly concerned.:uhoh:

many thanks,

Tamomarley,

tomitface

hey, i just placed my order for one of these and i was just wondering from experienced users here..is that 7 week wait time accurate in the sligthest?

tomitface,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
OK. I recently made a simple mod which has drastically increased the versatility of the PD (not the glass stem mod discussed in this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=32764#p32764, or the coozie, or the battpak, or the extension wire to dampen voltage slightly... :lol: ).

After the heavy duty hole puncher stopped working :/ , we started cutting dime-sized screens into four pie shaped pieces. We were placing them in by inserting the two tips of the pie slice and squishing it in with a small metal tool.

However, we recently started leaving it domed upwards. This shrinks the (already small) bowl by about 50%, and creates more airflow (because of the decrease in material and the increase in screen surface area). Also, all of the oils, waxes and tiny particles from the plant matter build up around the edges, leaving the dome screen more clear. Not bad. :)

To increase the size of the bowl, we removed both of the clips from the set-up and pushed the screen all of the way to the bottom of the protruding part of the stainless steel tip (doubling the size of the bowl). This enables one to get much larger gusts with the PD and compensates for the additional material with the extra surface area in the domed screen (no longer is the cloud-making ability of the PD as limited as it once was). :D

Tomitface, All wait times are approximate AFAIK. IMO, just sorta forget about it ant let it's arrival be a pleasant surprise rather than the end if an anxious wait. Plus this is not the thread for availability discussions! :p

Progress,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the family Tamomarley, get with us about the wood. Sometimes ity's just checking (very slight imperfections) sometimes it's a defective piece of wood. We make sure folks are happy so give us a shout. Wood can be a beautiful thing and sometimes unpredictable. Sometimes just cosmetic, sometimes a fatal (and unfortunate) flaw. Looking forward to hearing from you, just e-mail, we respond. BTW dropping won't cause anything like this. We know... :lol:

Just took some pics... Been rooting in the wood bin... But, a failed computer etc. has kept me busy. I'll post later if I can find my picture hostess...

tomitface, availability is discussed in another thread in the vapor lounge, but the quick answer is: It was over 2 months and we have whittled away at it, now at about 7 weeks. But I would think that is subject to change and a plus/minus factor of a week or so. This ain't McD's. Each unit (kit) takes about 4 hours to build. Speedy service means nothing, a quality experience does. It's like a favorite roller coaster, there is a line, and you can expect to wait...

Purple-Days,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Tom, have you ever thought of using scraps of wood as oil diffusers that covered the entire top of the PD? -- without touching the metal, but with a rim to keep it from sliding off and trap heat :shrug:

Just a thought that a woodworker (like yourself) may enjoy. ;)

Progress,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
love the roller coaster comment Tom. I'll likely get back in line for seconds once i hit one more big thrilling ride (VHW). :brow: Worth the wait.

IAmKrazy2,

tomitface

inventor i did not mean to come across as pushy or impatient. i was just making sure what was posted on the vapenow site was accurate. I am excited to try your product and enjoy a entirly new vaping experience (i have a vaporite atm :rolleyes:)

tomitface,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
~tomitface
Patience is of virtue my friend...welcome to the purple crew. :) You even got the blessing of prog, so that should mean something for your wait time. A Prog is a sign of good luck ;)

:lol:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom