Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Lucic77

Before I get rid of this thing, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if this power supply would work as a back-up for my PD which should be here sometime in November. Thanks.

Lucic77,

Purple-Days

Yes, maybe... 12 V AC or DC @1000mA or higher, so good to go there(I see1.25A, which is 1250mA), but the plugs all look the same and 2.1 x 5.5 is the right one. No way to tell if that is 2.1 or 2.5mm till you try.

Yeah, with all the billboards for hydro shops around Cali you gotta figure Weed next exit is about right, everywhere.

Purple-Days,

Lucic77

Purple-Days said:
Yes, maybe... 12 V AC or DC @1000mA or higher, so good to go there(I see1.25A, which is 1250mA), but the plugs all look the same and 2.1 x 5.5 is the right one. No way to tell if that is 2.1 or 2.5mm till you try.

Yeah, with all the billboards for hydro shops around Cali you gotta figure Weed next exit is about right, everywhere.
Great, thanks. Just found this while cleaning a cabinet, might be useful now if it fits. Thanks!

Lucic77,

Purple-Days

New at Purple-Days:
261k8py.jpg

On an 'ash' color shirt. That's athletic grey I think. 100% cotton. Medium, Large and Xtra-Large.

Of course we buy local. :cool:

Stopped on the way home from the eye Doc today and the professional screen printer in Bandon (just up the road) can make them for us.

http://purple-days.com/shirts.html
There is an option to donate $1 with each shirt to the Fuck Combustion Forums. Please do. :2c:

Available to pre-order now, in around the first part of October.

Purple-Days,
Nice! I know what I want for my birthday now. :brow:
The shirt will start the vaping topic. Help spread the word to stop lighting your herbs on fire.
:peace:

Bill

Rottweiler1080z,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I'll be up for a t-shirt, you need a one that's in degrees celcius too though... nobody in Australia would be able to make any sort of connection with those numbers :D

Chubba,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Hennessy1414 said:
I wish that copper cup had a pd metal insert stem welded to the base of it. That way it can copy the A-zap more (show of hands, who thinks that was a real insult?) and it would give my lil copper cup a tad bit more stability. I hate getting oil down my pd.

any ideas T&P? The welding holding the metal stem and the copper togeather might not be 100% lead free at that point.

thanks for hearing me out

:peace:
I bought a 3/4 inch copper cap at HD for like $0.80, it fits the PD opening perfect and is more stable with a larger surface area to make filling easier. Still never fill it while it is on the PD!

DeepFried,

Purple-Days

Yeah, Chubba, I am aware. ;) I wish we would have converted to Metric when I was young. Dual measurement systems just don't make much sense. And the two systems we (US) use are so out-dated and almost sense-less (backwards)... :horse:

So, if this goes well in Fahrenheit (US), and there is any international interest, well, yeah, we do Celcius... Setup fees and minimums mean it's not exactly a risk free thing. And International postage might be the stopper. But I promise I will look into it. And ask if anybody is interested.

Oh, and by request we will carry XXL. They are $1 extra.

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I gotta disagree with you on the art thing, Tom. Maybe you do not consider yourself an artist, but the PD has been referred to as a work of art since post #14 of this 3800 post thread. It is the only vaporizer (out of five different models) that I consider having out in the open. I get what you are saying about the functionality thing, and it certainly covers that need completely, but every PD you make is worthy of sitting on an end table making the room smell nice. Put me on the list of people that think a pretty diffuser cap would be cool, if only because it would make it that much more legitimate out in the open and would make it even more of a conversation starter.

Every vape I have hides in a closet until it is needed for use except for my two PD's which proudly sit out in the open for all to see.

stickstones,

Purple-Days

Yes, it has been referred to as art quite a few times. :/ Embarrassing. I cringe at that, and have every time it was said. I would never refer to it as art. And have said it isn't at any opportunity (or ignored such posts).

:bowdown: Pammy is an artist. Makes a big difference in my attitude about what is art and what is a tool. And repeated 'art' is 'sign painting', not art. :2c:

I am open to suggestions for an alternate aroma diffuser, but I'm into function over form. The cup functions, it's easy to clean, you can get extras at any hardware. It is subtle.

No leisure suits in my wardrobe. Matter of fact, not much but jeans and Carhartts. Two pair of shoes, same brand and color. An old pick-up in the drive. Been that way all my life. Hard to imagine me going for frilly stuff. Impossible.

New tool in the shop, my own invention, gotta get a video of it. It is creative, but it ain't art. :cool:

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
It was restated just a few pages back- please don't post in this thread concerning the availability of this vape :goon: , and to avoid having Tom cringe, please post your 'work of art' comments in the ABV section. ;)

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Purple-Days said:
No leisure suits in my wardrobe. Matter of fact, not much but jeans and Carhartts. Two pair of shoes, same brand and color.
What's your take on lounge pants?

jeffp,

GenghisOfGanja

Hey all new to the forum here. I'm looking to get a vape and I really want to get the PD Diffuser but I see there is quite a long waiting list. I've heard a lot about the PD and it sounds like the best vape out. Of course different people have different preferences, but I've only used a few vapes and have never owned one. So as of now I don't have a preference. I just want the 90% to taste good and conserve bud. I like to be stoned basically whenever I'm awake, so conserving bud and saving a little cash would be nice. And the health effects are obviously a necessity when you smoke as much as I do. I really am basically already sold on the PD, I just really don't want to have to wait 2 months to get it. Any chance I could be wrong? Would love to get my hands on a PD asap. Thanks for any help. -Genghis

GenghisOfGanja,

BlueMoon

So when you put the plastic piece down in the box, does the substance fall into the bottom of the container? or is there no holes? I'd imagine there are holes since you inhale up? So how do you clean it all out of the wood container?

BlueMoon,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I would say worst case scenario, 1% of your material falls down into the PD.

I simply turn it upside down every 10 bowls and give it a few quick spanks, no problem.

Chubba,

lwien

I always insert the stem while I'm tipping the PD downwards. Nothing falls in that way.

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I take one upside down hit and it always seems to clump the load together so nothing will fall downward for the remaining hits even if i don't hit those upside down.

IAmKrazy2,

leozdad

GenghisOfGanja said:
I just really don't want to have to wait 2 months to get it. Any chance I could be wrong? Would love to get my hands on a PD asap. Thanks for any help. -Genghis
You might as well just get on the list. Dont procrastinate or you'll be pissed that you waited when you finally do order. :peace:

leozdad,
I agree with leozdad. Take it from someone who has waited. It will be worth it in my opinion. Life long choice for me. And remember that the warranty is not transferable from person to person...Not that you will really even need it if you have seen the durability tests. It's an amazing tool; apparently everyone is catching on to that. Finding one for sale immediatley will probably turn into a full-time job.

Rottweiler1080z,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
If the PD becomes your primary vape, the wait time is completely irrelevant.

Sometimes it's a hit or a miss with this vape, but if you're the type of the user that gets addicted to the effecient measured doses, you will be happy you signed up.

Todays society is too fast, I applaud Tom's effort to remain an small business.

Chubba,
Top Bottom