Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Qbit

cannabanana
MrMistyTokes said:
Qbit said:
Well, mine is officially on its way here to Oz - a month to the day after the order was confirmed. So I guess it'll be a week, give or take, before it reaches me. Exciting! :)
mines taken two full weeks so far, im hurting for it! damn posties
Ouch - that's a bit of a wait. So where are you?

Qbit,

Purple-Days

Dave, it's a 12 volt battery. Lead/Acid (sealed). Just like a car battery. Down the bottom it lists the regulated 12V as over 2 amps so given the right plug end it should be fine. Two pounds though. And unregulated (as is). Didn't read the whole schpeel. OUT OF STOCK... :uhoh:

New things on the PD horizon. Stay tuned. Heat Exchanger (very slight materials modification soon, still 100% stainless steel) and Exotic Vapor Tubes (a bit further off, but we are using the prototypes and they are pretty cool)

Busy week this week, so if you e-mail Pammy, expect delays. I am going in for cataract surgery. The surgeon says,"wicked cataracts for a man your age...". You may (or not) have seen how blind I am in that assembly vid. :rolleyes:

Yep, the PD has been built by a blind guy (well beyond legally blind). :cool: I gave up driving over 3 years ago. I can still see some out of the right eye, but the left has been gone for ages. Mostly I work by feel or from about three inches away (using the right eye). You should have seen me pounding nails when I built the shop. :lol: Friday morning, with luck, that will be over (for the left eye anyway, then start saving for the right eye).

Purple-Days,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Purple-Days said:
New things on the PD horizon. Stay tuned. Heat Exchanger (very slight materials modification soon, still 100% stainless steel) and Exotic Vapor Tubes (a bit further off, but we are using the prototypes and they are pretty cool)

Yep, the PD has been built by a blind guy (well beyond legally blind). :cool: I gave up driving over 3 years ago. I can still see some out of the right eye, but the left has been gone for ages. Mostly I work by feel or from about three inches away (using the right eye). You should have seen me pounding nails when I built the shop. :lol: Friday morning, with luck, that will be over (for the left eye anyway, then start saving for the right eye).
Wow Tom, my wishes of good health are with you from up here in Canada. Your a hell of a carpenter, my man. Now im intrigued of what the future holds for the PD! lathe carving stems maybe?? :D

MrMistyTokes,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Very inexspenisive battey option for the PD. Looks like there is a female car plug, so you could hook the PD up to that directly.

If anyone buys it, tell me how it works. It would be nice for camping, or when I mow my lawn. Wouldn't have to stop half way through for a PD break. Just vape while working instead.

IAmKrazy2,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Purple-Days said:
Dave, it's a 12 volt battery. Lead/Acid (sealed). Just like a car battery. Down the bottom it lists the regulated 12V as over 2 amps so given the right plug end it should be fine. Two pounds though. And unregulated (as is). Didn't read the whole schpeel. OUT OF STOCK... :uhoh:

Busy week this week, so if you e-mail Pammy, expect delays. I am going in for cataract surgery. The surgeon says,"wicked cataracts for a man your age...". You may (or not) have seen how blind I am in that assembly vid. :rolleyes:

Tom, good luck with the cataract surgery - both of my parents have had this procedure and they said it was very non invasive. Not scary at all.

Jeff

jeffp,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Woops, it linked the wrong battery, but good too know the one it linked will work. I was more interested in the 1lb lithium battery it has linked at the top of the page ($170)... reason being is it looks a bit more regulated than the cheap one I did link. and if I read their charts correctly on that battery (using the amps and voltage), should be somewhere around 4.5 hours of battery life, as well as a battery indicator of how much juice is left, which would be nice too know. looks like this one will work with the PD (bit expensive but I like it) and I wouldnt mind getting the battery that I did link and see how that works (out of stock until september though).
i know the lithium one is a bit expensive, but it would be nice too have a reliable battery that can also double as a power cord for the PD (they say you can charge the battery while using it too power whatever your using) it stops charging the battery when it is full so it doesnt overheat

DevoTheStrange,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
All the best with the procedure Tom. :peace:

[link removed by me lolz.]

Can someone please tell me if the power supply above is correct for the PD ? The 3 prong bit is right for English wall sockets just not sure bout the rest. :ninja:

JohnnyVape,

Purple-Days

There aren't 'new' PDs.

The materials change in the HE is extremely minor. The fin material is switching from 316 Stainless to 304 Stainless. So now all the HE is 100% 304 Stainless. No need to explain two alloys... The change has already been made.

The fin components we are now using are 'black' 304 stainless steel. Some thread on this forum was discussing the thermal properties of dark vs. light materials. This fellow's idea (I believe) was taken from the idea that a black piece of material in sunshine will get hotter, quicker than a white piece of the same substance. Does this hold any water inside a dark heat exchanger? I seriously doubt it. But, I was aware that I could get my fin components in black 304 stainless.

Big deal... till the trademark 'Dark Fin Technology' with an accompanying logo of a shark fin hit me. I don't think it makes one bit of difference. But why not.

It's just for fun. :D

This makes us the first and only (to the best of my knowledge) mfg to use this concept.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
jeffp said:
Purple-Days said:
Yep, the PD has been built by a blind guy (well beyond legally blind). :cool: I gave up driving over 3 years ago. I can still see some out of the right eye, but the left has been gone for ages. Mostly I work by feel .
Tom, good luck with the cataract surgery - both of my parents have had this procedure and they said it was very non invasive. Not scary at all.

Jeff
Tom = Tommy

jeffp,

josh

Dark Fin Technology. I love it. And during Shark Week on Discovery Channel. How appropriate. Best wishes for a quick and painless surgery and recovery Tom.

josh,

Purple-Days

:lol: Shark Week. I remember it, but had no idea it was on now.

The concept/ name/ idea was probably triggered by a recent discussion of seal, salmon and sharks up the local rivers. (As we don't watch television).

Purple-Days,

Hotboxvapebongin

Hey Purple-Days! I was wondering if this delay for the PD will be like this for a long time. It's OK if it is I'm just trying to get one for my girl for X-mas and am trying to time everything out.. I know I know Christmas is months away, but this recession is killin me.

Mod note: Posts about availability aren't allowed in this thread. We have a thread for that.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=905

Hotboxvapebongin,

kalinga

goodluck on the surgery Tom.

What type of black SS is it? Sulfuric acid bath to induce a black oxide finish? How is the finish affected in a long-term high temp operating environment? Safe for inhalation?

kalinga,

Purple-Days

H2SO4 = Sulfuric Acid ... That's a Sulfur atom surrounded by Oxygen with a couple of Hydrogen atoms hanging off the Oxygen. Not very scary stuff unless you stick an un-gloved hand into a highly concentrated beaker of it.

Since we wash all our metal parts, manufacture residue is eliminated, leaving only the black oxide on the stainless. Our vaporizer's temperature will have zero effect on this oxidized surface. Matter of fact all stainless has an oxidized surface, this is just a way of making it black instead of the more common 'bright' finish.

Purple-Days,

reece

Purple-Days said:
Our vaporizer's temperature will have zero effect on this oxidized surface. Matter of fact all stainless has an oxidized surface...
Does this mean, there is an effect at higher temperatures? If so, what temp produces the effect, and what is the effect?

reece,

Purple-Days

Reece writes,"Does this mean, there is an effect at higher temperatures?"

That cracked Pammy up, she said, "I wish they could see your face when they ask stuff like that." :lol: :rolleyes:

I'm sure there would be at a high enough temp. ie. high enough to melt the steel and it's oxidized surface. Thousands of degrees. That would be the temp and the effect. ;)

Purple-Days,

reece

Purple-Days said:
Reece writes,"Does this mean, there is an effect at higher temperatures?"

That cracked Pammy up, she said, "I wish they could see your face when they ask stuff like that." :lol: :rolleyes:

I'm sure there would be at a high enough temp. ie. high enough to melt the steel and it's oxidized surface. Thousands of degrees. That would be the temp and the effect. ;)
:D

So inhaling that would be bad?;)

Thanks. One other question, what is the "cleaning bottle" and how can I get one? A crafts/hobby shop?

reece,

max

Out to lunch
reece said:
what is the "cleaning bottle" and how can I get one? A crafts/hobby shop?
If you have a PD you should have a cleaning bottle. It comes with the kit. If you don't have a PD you shouldn't need a bottle. It's just a bottle with a screw on top, big enough for a vapor tube. Fill partially with ISO for cleaning.

max,

Purple-Days

Yep, inhaling that would be bad. :lol: Glad you took it the way I meant.

All kidding aside, we wouldn't be doing this, if it was unsafe in any way. Still striving to make the safest and best vape we can. And certainly wouldn't want to bring toxins into my house or shop either. I handle this stuff everyday.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Last night I was reflecting upon the significance of the PD and the word that came to me is "legendary." I recognize it to be a quantum leap forward in the evolution of vaporizing.

jeffp,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Are the tubes supposed too fit inside the purple bottle entirely with the lid closed? because mine are long enough too stick out of the bottle so the lid cannot screw on.

Tom the prospect of exotic tubes in the future is totally exciting... what kinds of woods are you experimenting with? are they an item we have too get from only you, or will vapenow eventually be carrying them as well? would be nice too order an exotic PD from you and get matching tube... (eventually want an exotic wood PD, but thats probably not until after the new year)

total side not... took my PD too work and one of my coworkers was impressed by it, but I love his first comment about it... "Wow, if you were in a totally tight spot and this was the only thing in reach, you could totally brain someone with this.. it feels solid and good in your hand" dont think I am going too be beating anyone up with my PD..

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom