Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Rebus Canebus said:
stickstones said:
I just found out the other day that when you purchase drugs from your doctor he can bill the insurance company up to 300% of the purchase price, so he pockets two times what you paid for it. The insurance companies pay this without question.

No wonder they want to prescribe drugs.
Not sure where you heard that. Your doctor can bill anything he wants. The problem is the insurance companies usually reimburse you based on a set schedule. Sometimes the reimbursement doesn't even cover the invoice. The industry standard is to bill the invoice plus about 10% to cover costs. On drugs like Rocephin we usually lose money. I'd like to hear specifics of this example, as this doesn't fit my experience with insurance billing. There is a lot of misinformation being bandied about in order to influence the outcome of any reform, we all need to sit back and wait for the details before we condemn the entire process.
I'll get more details and let you know, as I can't fully explain it myself yet. Heard this from my neighbor who is researching classifying his product as a drug. I'm confident he is not full of shit, but his examples may be specific to our state, etc.

stickstones,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
Purple-Days said:
JohnnyVape, we stock all the components, but demand is greater than our ability to supply. Each unit takes about four hours to complete. I am never 'caught up' so there is always a bit of a que. I see you are outside North America, so write to Pammy and ask about lead times. I just work here, haha. ;)
Ah i see Tom, i will drop Pammy an email shortly, many thanks. :peace:

JohnnyVape,

purplechango

The new member to my PD family. I asked Pammy to burn the PD logo onto the lid where it is

m_fb8e2289df84471b937935981d602230.jpg

It really is a work of art.
m_d2e019e62fc74d87b7e84adc26467c01.jpg

Kinda reminds me of a warm cup of coffee..

m_00d754268c2840679c28e50a26df6c0a.jpg

The new family all together

m_99d4bb4f14134918b02a68a51a49a90a.jpg

The Billy bowl i got is a work of art, it just ads to the PD experience as a whole. The craftsmanship is awesome and it came nice and shiny with several coats of buzz butter. I was more than impressed with the bowl. It really says alot about Tom and Pammy and all the hard work they put into each and every PD .

I also got a screen replacement kit( comes with several snap rings and screens). It makes changing the screen so simple. The miniature screen is pre-cut to fit and the snap rings take a small amount of pressure to install the ring. It might take you a bit of time if you're not use to working with small things, but it is doable.

heres a pic of the kit
m_71ea730c0bd44f8383c51d8b18962f24.jpg

Anyway, figure i'd share the new nice lookin toy with the community

purplechango,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Purple-Days said:
snip snip

Costanza, All I read was 500MAH. :/ First off, that is how a battery is rated, so unless I'm stupido, these folks are half a bubble off. Second ignoring their ignorance in rating, 500mA is not enough to run a PD we draw about 700mA and ask folks to use 1000mA rated power supplies. First cause it's any easy rating to follow and find, and second because it has plenty of headroom. Not good to run an under rated supply, with any electrical device, as they can get extremely hot and possibly be a hazard !!! A few extra mA is a GOOD idea. No temp difference in the PD. 12V is 12V at whatever mA rating. Next I don't see plug size. :rolleyes: Maybe I didn't look hard enough but since it falls short on power what was the use?

So the proper requirements, are as follows: 12 Volts DC @1000mA or higher. The plug end is 2.1mm x 5.5mm and is the Type M DC power plug. Center Pos. or Negative, doesn't matter. These specs are pretty easy to follow and find, like I said. Don't waste your time looking at anything else. Radio Shack, or similar for DC supplies. Jameco (#10081) or us for the original 12VAC power supply (yes AC or DC, doesn't matter 12V works the same in this app.) Hope that clears it up. Ask if you have questions.
So is 1000ma basically 1 amp?

Happycamper,

max

Out to lunch
kalinga said:
purplechango, nice bowl you got there. Is that a PD cherry? Looks different.
Sure doesn't look like the normal Cherry, and if it is, it wouldn't be PD stock. The last we heard, Tom doesn't make the Billy Bowls.

max,

masejl12

I ordered a beautiful redwood billy bowl about a month ago, so I think they still make them. :peace:

masejl12,

purplechango

max said:
kalinga said:
purplechango, nice bowl you got there. Is that a PD cherry? Looks different.
Sure doesn't look like the normal Cherry, and if it is, it wouldn't be PD stock. The last we heard, Tom doesn't make the Billy Bowls.
No, they dont make the bowls. I think that Pammy places the order with "a shop"(idk who or where). As for the wood, it is Myrtlewood, I had to ask for it.

I was lookin to ad to the vape family with something different to what I have now, but the Purple Days has grown on me, so Ive decided to have a 2nd one made, but this time with a different wood something special.

Right now Im hunting for somewhere in Chicago that I can find a nice piece of wood that fits the PD making requirements to send Tom for PD #2, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

pammy:
*It has to be a kiln-dried hardwood with a wood density of about 0.56-0.69.
*The piece has to be 3x3x12 inches or at the very least 3x3x6 inches.
*The longer piece would be better, It just gives Tom two shots at it that way.

purplechango,

Purple-Days

One of Pammy's good friends owns a shop where the Billy Bowls are made. They make lots of wooden items for gift shops up and down the coast, and also make collection plates and other items for the religious market. Really nice stuff.

We get our bowls unfinished (special order) then do the leather inlays and final sanding and :buzz: Buzz-Butter finish. Sample of Buzz-Butter included.

Redwood, Myrtlewood, Western Maple,and Black Walnut available, and in stock. If we are out of stock, our buddy can get us a piece in a few days. Made right here in Port Orford, just like the PD.
http://purple-days.com/Billybowls.html

Purple-Days,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Ok I do so love my pd, but one thing I'm wondering is if anyone else notices a recovery time between uses. If I try to run several stems in rapid succession, it seems like the vapor gets less with every stem. I want to try and wait some time between stems, but keep forgetting. By the 3rd or 4th stem its like, "did i refill this?" But I definatly love this little vape, the most practical I've come across yet.

Hey Tom, is there anyway of getting a billy bowl in tea tree? It would be so nice to have a bowl that compliments the PD. I've read somewhere that its a bush or shrub, so I dont even know if its avalilable in a large enough diameter to turn a bowl from. But would love to hear that its do-able. Thanks, your becoming my hero alittle more everyday. :lol: The PD has to have saved me money already and its only like day 4. This thing rocks. :D

highendvapes,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Right, it's good to take it on the slow side, in fact it's recommended to let the tube hang for maybe 30 seconds in the heat exchanger between hits for more fulsome enjoyment - something to do while holding in your hit. Rapid succession should slow itself down naturally as you proceed....

jeffp,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
ok upon further researching tea tree wood, I'm sure it can be found in thick enough diameters, so I guess the question is, Tom, do you have a tea tree bowl? I really want one. The more I sit here looking at my PD and the nasty ass ziplock bowl im using now, the more I think that the PD needs a mate. They would look sooooooo good on my desk together.

highendvapes,

max

Out to lunch
I think Tom said his source for tea tree wood dried up, and it's a difficult wood to find.

max,

Soulmaster420

Hi everybody, I have read this forum for a while now...6 months or so ago I chose to purchase a Purple-Days vaporizer based largely on the discussions I read here. First off I want to say that I am happy with my purchase and I still use the PD on a daily basis; it hasn't been unplugged other than to move it around in 6 months.

The reason I'm posting here is that I am experiencing some weirdness with the PD...I figured out not too long ago that the power supply that came with the unit was no longer functioning properly so I started to use another one that I have laying around. The power supply I am using right now is rated for 2amps but my understanding is that the unit should only draw the necessary amperage; the supply is regulated so the voltage (12v) should not fluctuate. The problem is that the unit doesn't seem to get hot enough anymore, and when I shake it, it sounds like something is moving around inside. It definitely doesn't get as hot as it used to....BUT a quick test of the power supply that came with the unit would show me that it runs a little hot (13 ~ 14 volts). So my question: is the unit running cooler because I am using a more stable power supply that runs closer to 12v or is it possible that something is broken internally? I have dropped the unit a couple of times but only from about 3 feet from the floor.

Thanks in advance. :D
-Joe

Soulmaster420,

Purple-Days

Hey Joe,
First question is: is the power supply faulty or the plug and cord (on the original). 98% that it's the plug or cord and the power supply is working fine. In that case you can replace the plug end.

Second, unregulated power supplies will vary in voltage. Higher voltage means higher temps. Nothing inside the PD can change the temperature (up or down). Nothing. Changing the power supply and getting a lower temp points straight at a lower voltage. The only probable cause. You take it from there...

A rattle can happen for a couple of reasons, and is easy to fix (usually) and very rarely any problem.

The main cause (after a drop) is the heavy mass of the heat exchanger bumps the retaining clip slightly out of place. This will let the heat exchanger move slightly. You can tap the clip back down in place with the flat blade of a screwdriver. Set the PD on a solid surface and give the perimeter of the clip a few taps.

Purple-Days,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Wow, just took my pd for a ride in my truck. With that thing on the battery its like there a steam enginge in it. :o I couldnt beleive how much vapor it was making. I thought that maybe my transformer may be bad, couldnt find my multimeter :mad: to test it, so I ran to Wally world and picked up another transformer. Same result as the first, still works great, but nowhere near what it was doing in the truck. Would there really be that much difference in 12v transformer to 12v+ {alternator} I realize that theres a few more volts coming off the alternator to charge the battery, but WOW. It really was much different. Am I missing something?

highendvapes,

Qbit

cannabanana
highendvapes said:
Wow, just took my pd for a ride in my truck. With that thing on the battery its like there a steam enginge in it. :o I couldnt beleive how much vapor it was making. I thought that maybe my transformer may be bad, couldnt find my multimeter :mad: to test it, so I ran to Wally world and picked up another transformer. Same result as the first, still works great, but nowhere near what it was doing in the truck. Would there really be that much difference in 12v transformer to 12v+ {alternator} I realize that theres a few more volts coming off the alternator to charge the battery, but WOW. It really was much different. Am I missing something?
'A few more volts' would make a big difference if it's only supposed to be getting 12 of them. How dark is the weed afterwards? Sounds like you could be overheating it.

Qbit,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
No, it wasnt burning it, just vaping easier i guess. Still nice looking when spent, can deff run it thru again. And I guess it really wouldnt be a few, more like 1 or 2 volts tops.

highendvapes,

Qbit

cannabanana
highendvapes said:
No, it wasnt burning it, just vaping easier i guess. Still nice looking when spent, can deff run it thru again. And I guess it really wouldnt be a few, more like 1 or 2 volts tops.
You can overheat without actual burning. The problem is that some of the nasties (like certain gasses) get released at lower than combustion temperature. If the weed is going the colour of dark chocolate then you've gone too far.

Qbit,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Got my PD at the begging of work thursday morning... had it all day only hit like 6 stems... and that was enough for me for the day. normally I would actually consume a bit more herb than this, I am amazed by how efficient the PD is.... its one of those situations where someone keeps telling you how great something is, but cannot fully comprehend until you experience it for yourself. i think its funny, like all my other vaporizers, I thought it would be a bit bigger in size. absolutely love it... excellent craftsmanship Tom... going too have me one more stem before bed.

DevoTheStrange,

Qbit

cannabanana
Well, mine is officially on its way here to Oz - a month to the day after the order was confirmed. So I guess it'll be a week, give or take, before it reaches me. Exciting! :)

Qbit,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Qbit said:
Well, mine is officially on its way here to Oz - a month to the day after the order was confirmed. So I guess it'll be a week, give or take, before it reaches me. Exciting! :)
mines taken two full weeks so far, im hurting for it! damn posties

Mod note: We have an availability thread for these kinds of posts guys.

MrMistyTokes,
Top Bottom