Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

reece

Purple-Days said:
Yah. Das ist streng verboten! :p
Why?

Poking your tongue at folks is pretty impolite. Especially when there's no raspberry smiley for me to reply with.

reece,

Purple-Days

sinenomine, the Jameco supply won't work outside North America.
We sell an International power kit, but you can pick something like it up when you get there...
http://purple-days.com/International_Inquiries.html
is the page with all you need to know. Skim down to power requirements.

Nicht denken, dass ihr Unterwsche wrde so gewrgt. (Did not know your underwear would be so bunched) :/ You only partially quoted max (who gave a more complete answer) then gave him crap about his answer not suiting you.

And you say , "Maybe I want to stick it up my..." and then you pretend to be offended by a smiley with it's tongue out. Oh my ! :rolleyes:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Also, sie can' t sitzen auf einem Stuhl, der doesn' t haben irgendwelche.

(you can't sit on a chair that doesn't have any.)

jeffp,

NoSmoke

Wow why would anyone take a shot at Max. All he does is help people on this forum over and over and over.... Really low man really low.

max note (noted here in order to not drag it a page or two down the line): He had a valid point about my post, but went a little overboard in the indignation dept. And the 2nd part of my post had nothing to do with his, but was a comment on someone else's post (which I thought was obvious :shrug:). Just goes to show that some posts (both, in this case, I think) are not well considered before hitting the submit button. Words on a screen or page don't have a tone to help interpretation ;)

NoSmoke,

Choism

NoSmoke said:
Wow why would anyone take a shot at Max. All he does is help people on this forum over and over and over.... Really low man really low.
Yea, all Max did was explain to the fella that the bottle is included in the pd kit.

Choism,

reece

Purple-Days said:
Nicht denken, dass ihr Unterwsche wrde so gewrgt. (Did not know your underwear would be so bunched) :/ You only partially quoted max (who gave a more complete answer) then gave him crap about his answer not suiting you.
So you won't answer my question because of my reply to max?

No, Tom, you are wrong. Yes I partially quoted him but I explicitly said "this part of your post..." Then after my reply to his unnecessary remark I thanked him for the part of his post that was helpful. Did you miss all of that? Please go back and check that post. There was nothing deceitful in what I did.

Purple-Days said:
And you say , "Maybe I want to stick it up my..." and then you pretend to be offended by a smiley with it's tongue out. Oh my ! :rolleyes:
This, combined with my reply to max, is why you ignore me?

You aren't serious are you? That (stick it up...) was obviously a joke, sarcasm to punctuate my point. And yes, I pretended to be offended. This was illustrated by my complaining about not having a raspberry smiley (tongue out with a sound) to respond with. Did you really think I was serious? Right now I wish there was a head-scratching smiley.

I'm not sure what I did to offend you. I am merely seeking information and for some reason you refuse to give me a straight answer. You joked around with me and I joked back. Now you won't give me info as some means of defending max, who triggered my response by presuming to know what I need.

Maybe this is a big misunderstanding. Maybe I misread max's tone. Maybe we are all misreading each other. I'm not sure. But, I did not do as you said. Considering your reaction when others lied about you, one would think you would be more careful in what you say about others. Especially when the truth is right there.

I really hope we can smooth this out. I am not interested in fighting. I only wanted some information. A simple answer would've been great. Absent that, a "sorry I can't give that info because..." would have been much appreciated.

I've only been on this board a few months. I've purchased three vaporizers since April (two of them after discovering FC) I've asked questions of other manufacturers without this drama. Boy you know how to make an impression. :peace:

reece,

reece

NoSmoke said:
Well, in his response to me he did more than offer help. Part of his post was helpful.
I did not take a shot at max. I replied in kind. My tone reflected his (my perception, of course, which could have been wrong). And, I thanked him for the part of his post that was intended to help. Once again replying in kind.

Choism said:
Yea, all Max did was explain to the fella that the bottle is included in the pd kit.
That isn't all max did. Max decide he would tell me what I did and did not need. I told him there could be other reasons than the two he came up with. Read the post.

reece,

dadesign

i want one of these bottles too but i am sure asking is like asking people to give you a thousand dollars. I am getting a MZ that is strikingly similar to the PD and I think you would see people freely exchanging info, but no.

I will just have to do the legwork myself I guess.

there is really no reason for this rivalry that I can think of. I can't imagine people are getting kick backs from getting PDs sold..but maybe that is why everyone thinks the PD is so superior like it was blessed by God himself

hey maybe that could be a logo on in here...

WWJVI what would jesus vape in..a purple days of course
gods weed in gods vape...purple days
get closer to God..get a purple days

feel free to use any of these as a slogan. I would get a kick out of it.

still I think all the hostility is uncalled for

/ok I will go play outside with the normal, uncool people

dadesign,

lwien

Reece, you're just digging a deeper hole here. Keep this crap up and no one is gonna want to help you with anything.

Your following comment of, "Could something have happened to the bottle that came with the kit? Could I possibly want a second bottle? Maybe I think the bottle would be good for my Iolite stems. Maybe I have a Myrtlezap. Maybe I purchased a used PD. Maybe I just like the look of that bottle. Maybe I want to stick it up my...Maybe there are lots of reasons to want a bottle like that." is totally out of line.

Why not just take all the mystery out of it and state what you want to use the 'effin bottle for? If you would have done that, and followed that up with asking where you can purchase one, I am sure none of this shit would have arisen.

This falls all on your shoulders, not Max's or Tom's. I suggest apologizing to the powers that be and start over. If not, than you will probably get no further responses from those that can really help you out.

lwien,

lwien

dadesign said:
I'm not normal? Oh noes............. :uhoh: .

(kitty with headphones on lets out a big sigh, but goes back to her music)

lwien,

Purple-Days

dadesign, I don't know what the fuck you are talking about , or up to, other than trying to stir shit up in this thread. You are doing the same, I see, in the Zap threads. Good for you. Nobody has mentioned zaps here for a very long time and the same is true about the PD in the zap threads, till YOU started it all up again. Troll on...

Reece... all this over a bottle you could pick up at any drug store or Wal-Mart? Or as you suggested yourself at a hobby or craft store. :lol:

Purple-Days,

kalinga

Purple-Days said:
Wood tubes are a bit off into the future. So far I have made one from an old piece of Brazillian Rosewood I have had for many years.
Cool wood tubes. I can just imagine all the dense exotic iron woods like the macassar and cocobolo. Tom, are the SS bowl press fit into the wood or did you also apply wood glue? What would be the best way to clean the insides of the wood tube? I guess through time, a bit of vapor resin would accumulate. I'm thinking denatured alcohol and some sort of brush wire(same ones used for cleaning gun barrels)

kalinga,

reece

lwien said:
Reece, you're just digging a deeper hole here. Keep this crap up and no one is gonna want to help you with anything.

Your following comment of, "Could something have happened to the bottle that came with the kit? Could I possibly want a second bottle? Maybe I think the bottle would be good for my Iolite stems. Maybe I have a Myrtlezap. Maybe I purchased a used PD. Maybe I just like the look of that bottle. Maybe I want to stick it up my...Maybe there are lots of reasons to want a bottle like that." is totally out of line.

Why not just take all the mystery out of it and state what you want to use the 'effin bottle for? If you would have done that, and followed that up with asking where you can purchase one, I am sure none of this shit would have arisen.

This falls all on your shoulders, not Max's or Tom's. I suggest apologizing to the powers that be and start over. If not, than you will probably get no further responses from those that can really help you out.
I disagree lwien. I asked "what is the cleaning bottle and how can I get one? A crafts/hobby shop?" Are you really saying I brought this on myself because I didn't include a line about why I wanted it? Dude, come on.

From where I stand, I asked a question and received a snide, presumptuous comment in reply. Now, Max may not have meant it that way. But that is how it came across. So, I replied in kind. I'm not being mysterious. I asked a question and before the helpful portion of his reply came his opinion about what I should and should not need. He did not ask what I needed it for.

Then someone joked about me not getting a bottle, and added a ":whip:" on the end
Then Tom said, jokingly I thought, agreed with the aforementioned poster and said it was forbidden (in German).

So I asked why and joked about Tom being impolite for sticking his tongue out. Plus I "complained" about not having a "raspberry" smiley to respond with.

Tom's response to my "why" was because I took part of max's post out of context and then jumped down his throat. This implies I am being underhanded in some way.

So my reply, I think, was appropriate when something untrue is said about me. I did not name-call. I did not flame. I stated my case. No more, no less.

And yes, lwien, you may see this all differently. You may not have taken Max's comments the way I did. And again, I recognize that Max may not have meant it the way I took it. I may have been a bit extra stressed because my 2 year old woke up extra early this morning, and overreacted. That's cool. This sort of misunderstanding is common on these boards. If that is the case, Max can say so and we'll take it from there.

reece,

reece

Purple-Days said:
Reece... all this over a bottle you could pick up at any drug store or Wal-Mart? Or as you suggested yourself at a hobby or craft store. :lol:
No, it isn't about the bottle Tom. You did say something that was not true about me, didn't you. Whether intentional or not, it was untrue. How did you feel when someone said something untrue about you. You defended yourself, didn't you. Why expect less of me?

But, I'm happy to squash it. Even if you won't own up to it. Let's just leave it where it is and move on.:peace:

reece,

dadesign

lwien said:
dadesign said:
I'm not normal? Oh noes............. :uhoh: .

(kitty with headphones on lets out a big sigh, but goes back to her music)
not really the point but not everyone takes that stance I am finding out..

BTW I have a bunch of those animated gifs but the best one I have is of a cat freakout...that one is still a fav

dadesign,

lwien

reece said:
I may have been a bit extra stressed because my 2 year old woke up extra early this morning, and overreacted. That's cool. This sort of misunderstanding is common on these boards. If that is the case, Max can say so and we'll take it from there.
I raised twin boys as a single dad. You get no sympathy from me............ ;)

But yeah, communication without the visual clues can get pretty murky. Don't know if that was the issue here though.

lwien,

Purple-Days

kalinga, the hardwood tubes / stainless tips are press fit (no glue on any of our tips). The hole shrinks back a tiny amount after the bit exits and makes it a good tight fit.

I think the best cleaning method would be some ISO or Ethanol on a pipe cleaner, the type with stiff bristles and a strong core,maybe doubled up. After removing the screen it's gonna be a clear shot to clean the whole thing in a swipe or a few. Soaking the wooden tube is not an option, too much water... and wood soaking in water (or even pure alcohol) is not good. So a pipe cleaner is the best answer I can give right now, just haven't used one very long.

The variety pack I'm looking at has, African Blackwood, Bocote, Cocobolo, East Indian Rosewood, Striped Ebony, Honduran Rosewood, , Lignum Vitae, Mopani, Olivewood, Padauk, Pink Ivory, Redheart, Tamboti, and Zebrawood.

Believe it or not, the wooden tubes are more difficult to turn and take longer than the PD bodies.

Purple-Days,

kalinga

The wood variety made me drool there. We should call it the "Purple-days Connossieur pack" :brow:

I'm guessing you're gonna use a narrower tipped gouge to make the tubes. And also pen-size woodturn blanks. Can't wait to see future vids of wood tubes on your jet lathe.

kalinga,

lwien

kalinga said:
Cool wood tubes. I can just imagine all the dense exotic iron woods like the macassar and cocobolo.
I'm not to hot on this wood tube idea only because of the slightly woody taste I keep getting from my VaporGenie.

lwien,

kalinga

I like the woody taste of the VG ;) Now, with the variety pack, you'll get different flavors :brow:

kalinga,

Purple-Days

Lwien, since the tube doesn't get so hot there seems to be far less 'smell/taste' issue than you might suspect. Not an issue, with woods I have tried so far.

Pammy mis-placed her rosewood tube last night :uhoh: and it wasn't till it was found that things got back to normal. ;)

Yep, that list looks like a real variety pack, and no cheapo woods either. Looking forward to the African Blackwood, Lignum Vitae, Padauk, and Zebrawood. Some of the others I have used and some I don't know anything about.

Oh, I have considered some smaller tools, but the ones I have work well, when I sharpen them. Sometimes you just have to stop and say, enough, time to sharpen. The gouge gets done on my bench grinder (set and locked at 30 degrees on the fine stone and with a guide block, dedicated to that job only) the skew gets done by hand on a flat stone.

Purple-Days,

lwien

kalinga said:
I like the woody taste of the VG ;) Now, with the variety pack, you'll get different flavors :brow:
Don't get me wrong though. I don't dislike the woody taste. It's just that it covers the taste of the bud and I kinda like the "unseasond" taste of the bud without anything added.

But Tom said its not an issue like it is with the VG, so.............I guess it's not a concern.

lwien,
Top Bottom