Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Jedu

Vape4therestofmylife said:
Jedu said:
Vape4therestofmylife said:
im gona do 40 stems once i get it just pack 3 at a time and go to town

i just picked up 2 ounces of og kush life is good.
You'll stop getting much higher after like 5 max your just going to feel sick...
i dunno dude even with 2 weeks where i only smoked once or twice a week max my tolrancre is pretty high.
Oh, that sucks...I'm glad I don't have to do that

Jedu,

PsychoActive

DeepFried said:
PsychoActive said:
Hey, i have a question, might be a very dumb question, but yeah.

Im just wondering how the PD has a temperature of about 190C, but the boiling point of THC is 200C.

I was just thinking that it needs to boil, to let off the vapors, or would it be a bad thing if it were to reach the boiling point?
actually...
see this thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=627

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Oh, sorry didnt see that post.

I was going off of this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

The right side shows:

Boiling Point : 200 C

So does that mean the 200 C is for a different type, from the one with the "9" in the front maybe?

EDIT: same thing on this page

http://www.chemistrydaily.com/chemistry/Tetrahydrocannabinol

ok well i found this thread on a forum, explains it a little bit i suppose:

http://www.thegrowreport.com/Forums...2b42a996b005a4b&p=32554&mode=linear#post32554

PsychoActive,

JonesZ

Sup yall... I'm down here in hicksville USA having just received my PD classic Cherry stylez and wanted to say hi to the community that helped me make the first and last vape choice I'll ever make and freed me from $500-$600 toys for children and hey the ills of smoking too..

The tobacco companies got me off their product by allowing Fire Safe toxic rings in their product and they were so disgusting I had no problem dropping them. Didn't even care about Nicotine apparently.. I just like them Marlby Lights ya know... Anyway.. My lungs needed this ...

I took some shots for yalls' entertainment ..

Here's my PD
fcombustion007.jpg

I did the ring mod for better airflow and find the screens do stay in place w/improved airflow, though they do get lopsided a bit unless I am just high.. so I see why they don't leave it out.
New purple leather without the logo, I guess intentionally, I hadn't seen one like this.
fcombustion008.jpg

The High: The high for someone who's never used a vape is like getting all the good part of being wasted but not being wasted you know, not feeling like shit because your body is fighting all that's in the smoke which is toxic.. Took 3 nice hits (3 bowls) before I am feeling better than I usually am with a whole dooby.. and this stuff is just some good m-g.. I smok boutz a half onion a week personal so.. yeah..

The Heat: The smoke itself there's no problem with, the Unit itself there's absolutely NP with and I can't see wtf the people who say it's hot to hold are talking about At All, it is only warm.. you could hold it in your hands forever.. The tube does get rather hot with the large hits I take and did almost get too hot on my lips but the bowl was done so..

The Hits:The hits are great. What can be said? I took a pic of the cloud in my window light. It's big enough to make me cough, which is big enough for most.. If you need to kill yourself with the hit you're an idiot anyway.. I was one once..
fcombustion009.jpg

I get a popcorn taste on the 2nd hit if I try to take one because I use 1b=1h, It almost does appear to scorch a small amount as pictured here. Just a very small bit... If I constantly turn the tube while hitting it may not burn at all but if the tube is still and I take the large hit it seems it burns as shown.. My PD isn't getting too hot is it?
fcombustion003.jpg

If I take a slightly lighter hit and pack the bud in a bit further it doesn't scorch.
budz.jpg

The Service: I've emailed them like 8 times about stuff and they are very helpful and willing to take the time to answer any questions you have. We already know how great their service is when issues come up as well.

The downpoints: Inside the tubes was some stuff hanging off where the tube meets the metal like little shavings that would not come off and it took some effort to get them sort of outta there.. One of them it was a whole ring inside there but I got that all out.. Just some tatters on the edge of the marge remain. I don't guess it's affected by the vapor heat though.

Overall, for the price, and with how much $$ this is going to save, due to the better highs, lighter loads, and efficiency, this is 100% recommended. It's actually 150% recommended because of all the extras and the service.. This thing Makes You Money. Other vapes cost you money.. Heat up time doesn't matter since it takes almost no power and can be left on 24/7 and taken in a veh w/included adapter.

Also I wanted to get ahold of that dude SpiralArchitect and get a list of songs, since that "something about us was real chill" ( i dont really say chill, I think that's actual a genre now and it's the wrong one but whatever) and the rest of daft punk is off and on ya know so maybe he's already picked through great stuff to listen to.. I am lost with the amount of stuff that's out.. I listen to bob marley, jimi hendrix, the beatles kinda stuff.. Just utterly lost.. I can DL anything if I knew wtf to get... hehe.. I'll PM him or somethin..

Be Careful Y'all..

Sorry for the threat, southerners aren't allowed to speak anymore, because of how retarded the Bourgeoisie are these days, Welcome to Orwellsville. Long live the Mudd name, Lincoln did horrid things during the war and someone shot his dictatorial ass and the dude who does his job as a doctor for the dude who had the balls to do that has his entire line of ancestors shit on forever? Bullllllshit.. And I am worldly and don't identify with hicksville here but I love these stupid hicks as much as anyone else in the world besides people I really care enough to die for.. and I gotta live around em so stop pissing them off.. (if you dunno what I am talkin bout willis go to youtube and type in Mark Mudd, it's pretty funny)

JonesZ,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
PsychoActive said:
I was going off of this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

The right side shows:

Boiling Point : 200 C

So does that mean the 200 C is for a different type, from the one with the "9" in the front maybe?

EDIT: same thing on this page

http://www.chemistrydaily.com/chemistry/Tetrahydrocannabinol

ok well i found this thread on a forum, explains it a little bit i suppose:

http://www.thegrowreport.com/Forums...2b42a996b005a4b&p=32554&mode=linear#post32554
Yeah I agree it can get a little confusing. In your article it pretty much sums it up. The wiki of 200 C (392 F) is at 0.02mmHg of atmospheric pressure which is based on lab conditions of a vacuum. Real world pressure of about 760.00mmHg I guess drops the boiling point to about 157 C

DeepFried,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hey, JonesZ, glad you're enjoying the sweet vapor and the PD experience.

I get a popcorn taste on the 2nd hit if I try to take one because I use 1b=1h, It almost does appear to scorch a small amount as pictured here. Just a very small bit... If I constantly turn the tube while hitting it may not burn at all but if the tube is still and I take the large hit it seems it burns as shown.. My PD isn't getting too hot is it?
Check it out under magnification and I think you'll see it's not scorched or burned at all. Just dark brown. Your picture would appear to confirm that. I have yet to see any cases of burning in the PD, other than herb that's fallen down into the heat exchanger. Even then it's blackened but without full ignition.

The coloration of the spent material can vary depending on many factors such as type of herb, moisture level, grind consistency, packing density, ambient temperature, etc. etc. With a direct draw unit such as the PD you can vary your draw speed/technique as well. Try faster, slower, longer, shorter draws etc.

To those discussing chemistry on the last 2 pages, please take that discussion to a more suitable thread. This one is long enough as it is, we don't want to take it off topic. Thanks. :)

vtac,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Well...I have gotten "ash" in my PD bowl....it only happens when i pack the bowl so large it looks like a dome of green nugget piling out. only then a small SMIDGE(tiny amount) is ashed...I really think my PD is too hot but, that pic up there tells me its not

*sighs of relief*

back to being :ko:...

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
^^^

Yeah if you over pack the bowl (incorrect usage really), protruding herb is going to be touching the crossbar of the heat exchanger which can scorch it.

Weren't you just saying you wanted it hotter a few posts ago. :p (hypothetical question)

vtac,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
half way thru your first sentence I was thinking "EXACTLY WHAT I ENJOY VTAC" the the second came and it all painted this beautiful pic in my mind...FAT PD RIPS :cool:

I was merely pointing out the PD has the potential to scorch some of your nug....you have to try to do it, but it can be done.

:peace:

p.s not to say I'm a fan of high temp vaping...theres just times where you need that knockout punch of a higher temp...and the E isn't as simple/fun to hit like the pd is. If I want lower temps I'll just pack a fluffier bowl. :2c:

Hennessy1414,

sethhobrin

Guys I have been experimenting and found that very fine ground up MJ that is very dry works very well. I get more hits and more vapor. Seemed to leave the herb less green as well when finished. Any tips for packing to get the best hits? gerenally using the suck method with very fine very dry ground up stuff works great. I fill the entire chamber to the limit.

sethhobrin,

gak hater

i just discovered something with my pd :D
i was vaping some sweet kief :brow: that came from my mendo
and after only taking a couple of hits from a stem
i blew out the remains and it came out in a hard like disc
that felt and looked like a soft blonde hash :cool:
for the fuck of it
i threw it in my pipe(yea i know but i had to try)
and smoked it and what a treat !
let me say it was exactly like blonde hash!! :o:brow::o

gak hater,

Mister E

haha im jealous man, I can't wait to for mine :D
should be waiting for me when I get home from spring break

took a month off after i lost my first vape, gonna have a good time celebrating my return with the PD haha

Mister E,

lwien

Mister E said:
should be waiting for me when I get home from spring break
Hope you're not spending it in Mexico :ninja:

Just got an email from Pammy. Mines shipping tomorrow. It's fun gettin' stuff in the mail. Kinda like Christmas eve.

lwien,

Frickr

well you know your microwave better then i do, so maybe try 5. every time i have done this it drys it out nicely and doesnt hurt the potancy or taste any. infact i have heard that it does something to produce more "usable" thc but that was in cooking so i dont know if the same applys for vaping.

Frickr,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Don't microwave it. That cooks the stuff off that you're after. Sit it on top of a plate. Then place that plate on top of the T.V. let it sit up there for an hour or two. Grind it, insert in the PD, enjoy.

Don't microwave it, or you'll really be disappointed. :uhoh:

Hope this helps. Pammy :peace:

Pammy-Days,

Vape4therestofmylife

danm even though with my current dank weed im not getting alot of visible vapor this thing is packing a nice punch.

is it normal for my abv to still be green and once it is dry will this still happen?

Vape4therestofmylife,

josh

Like they said before...the key is dry weed. If your weed is moist then it will not vape very well in the PD.

dry herb + PD = slow, tasty hits each and every time

josh,

WavyGravy

havent stopped by in while just wanted to give a quick update. (im suppose to be writing a 20 pages analysis of Allen Ginsberg's "Howl" but i just cant get myself to do it :lol::()

Anyway, i love my PD so much, its really great. At first i would plug it in and wait for 45 for it to heat up. However, now that i have fallen madly in love with it i can never wait that long. I just keep it on all day and night and its ready for me whenever.

Some comments/opinion:

1. Im not sure why but i get many hits out of my bowls. I can get maybe 5 or 6 nice visible hits. I would waste so much (relative) if i did less. And they are also pretty big clouds. I cant understand 1 or 2 hits.

2. Although the PD has a fixed temp. i find that once you learn the proper draw speeds you can get it extremely hot, hotter than perfect temp. (which is fortunately the temp at a normal draw speed). I can get it nearly black (which of course isnt good but i can do it :)) by drawing extremely slowly then a hard pull, slow, hard etc.

3. One thing that i find slightly irritable is the fact that little pieces of bud inevitably fall into the heating chamber. Although this isnt a big deal i guess, i constantly have to bang out little pieces. Wouldnt a screen places perhaps above the bar solve this problem quite easily?

4. Taste- i personally really enjoy the taste especially with delicious herb but some of my friends feel like they are breathing sauna (i can see what they are saying) and dont dislike the taste but dont find it particularly good. Does anyone else notice this "sauna" taste. I also find the air a little hot but some tubing should fix that right up.

Has anyone put a gram+ through this baby in one sitting(short amount of time, 3 hours hanging out isnt one sitting :p). I havent been able to/felt the desire to put more than .5 through and even that was way to much (if thats possible :))

alright back to work :(.

WavyGravy,
Top Bottom