Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
I'd make my own Buzz-Butter if I were you. You should be able to get bee's wax and flax oil and come up with something fairly close to Tom's recipe. Rosemary extract would be optional I think.

max,

Purple-Days

Yes, UrutuBsb, as Max says, you can make a batch of your own. Kinda why I give the recipe. It's simple and there is nothing to hide.

Some sewing shops sell small sticks of bee's wax (to make thread and needles slide easy) and you can use any vegatable oil like peanut oil if that is handy. We use flax oil becuase I can get certified organic and it goies well with the chemical free bee's wax, but any bee;s wax and veg oil will do.

The alternative is just rub some peanut or olive oil on you unit once in a while and wipe off. The wax serves some purpose but isn't needed. Another alternate is carnuba wax, it's a bit softer but works well for furniture applications.

Waxes and oils are a neat study. Way back in this thread I mentioned Krill Oil, I came across it while looking into oils. Sure enough I see it advertised in capsules now on TV. Omega 3s and such.

The Rosemary Extract is an anti-oxidant and is for the long term shelf life of the Buzz-Butter and is just a preservative. No need for it in home-made recipes.

Purple-Days,

tradhead

Just popped in to say Im Delighted with my PD. Its got to be the best vape Ive tried yet. Simple and effective. The bowl is amazingly small, but super effective and efficient. It works fine on the 800MA WW I had handy. The thing I like best, shared by the II, is thats its pretty much impossible to combust. Nice one Tom and Pam.

tradhead,

Ben

Hey tradhead, the boomerang-man! ... great to see you here (again). Great also to see that 800mA gives you satisfaction.

I wanted to tell you something : IMO, your sig is "irrelevant"...but this is not why I took the time to write to you.

No, if I took this time, it was just in order to deliver a very important and dedicated message to you

show.php

Ben,

UrutuBsb

Maconheiro
Thx Max and Tom,

Ive cleaned my pd last week, due to sweat of hands (32 C daily these summer days) with just a humid flannel then it get dry.

Yesterday I applied drops of olive oil and rub the PD and it gets very soft and beautiful again, with a nice smell of olives. :)

But Ill seek the bee wax and make my own buzz-butter.

:peace:

UrutuBsb,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
humid weather....no buzz butter. damn man it really sucks you cant use the bees knees of wood waxes. :cool: shit really makes the PD shine...but im sure you will be able to home-make the stuff pretty quick

;pd; on brotha

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

Yes, 800 mA will work fine. The PD draws less than 700 mA. When we suggest 1000mA it is to allow some headroom, like running a 13 amp saw on a 15 amp circuit, hey 'it works' but running circuits at 'near capacity' is not the greatest idea in the world, maybe. An electrical engineer can jump in here, but ...

So while Tradhead is getting 'satisfaction', nothing has changed. We still suggest a 1000mA capacity power supply. Sure, it will run on less... again not gonna argue the maths.

Ben, that's a funny. :uhoh:

That's great, UrutuBsb. The oil will do a fine job. If you try to make Buzz-Butter I suggest using as low a temperature as possible, when melting the wax. Higher temps will liberate those beautiful smells, meaning the end product will not smell as wonderful. We use a crock pot, but a double boiler or low power settings in a microwave will work. A 50/50 blend works fine but I like a little extra oil for spreadability and go 4 wax / 5 oil. It really isn't critical.

Purple-Days,

UrutuBsb

Maconheiro
Hennessy1414 said:
humid weather....no buzz butter. damn man it really sucks you cant use the bees knees of wood waxes. :cool: shit really makes the PD shine...but im sure you will be able to home-make the stuff pretty quick
In fact the weather here is hot and dry, almost a desert weather sometimes..:uhoh:

UrutuBsb,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey I think it is the right place to post pix of my new vap !! an my opinion about the pd !!
this is how look my black taz wood purple day vaporizer,it look really clean (I notice that nothing is burn on it) :p :
it is awesome IMO damn I love that exotic wood btw it look 100 time better in real , thanks a million Tom and Pam !!!I'm speechless , I love it ! it is so simple and look so natural and ?! honest LOL so different of alot of other type of vaps .I also love how the hits are thick and how the pd leave the herb pale but fully vaporized, the unit look also unbreakable .I have try a lot of vaps recently but I have to say the pd is truly impressive , I feel like my purple day and me will be good friend LOL !

HAHA damn you were all right THANKS FUCKCOMBUSTION :lol:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Beautiful looking unit CD. :tup: Welcome to the club. Another experienced vaporist validates the little guy. :luv: ;pd;

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I feel like i was in the family from the first day I talk with you Tom LOL but now it is true !! this morning I rip some bowl before to go work and I was still impress of the vap . I love how it is warm , it's like holding a warm cup of coffee in the morning ! Also I realize how my first impression (the first time I hear about the pd) how my idea was wrong .My first thought was like hummm 45 min to warm up , I cant wait that long ---- but now I love it cause there is like no warm up time as it is always ''ON'' ...the size of the bowl was scaring me to but I like it cause I can load x bowl and stop when I'm vaped soo there is no waste !! ...also the size of the unit was scaring me , my first thought was like hummm a portable the size of cola can , it is way to big ? ...but it is not a portable (like in my pocket) but it is like a small home unit that I can easily bring in a car !
once again I love how simple it is , no need of 175 pieces to fit together to get vapor lol ! it is smart and well made by human , not a chinese child , with respect of the nature ! I just feel like an hippy with it !! LOL LThanks again

Clear_Dome,

Purple-Days

Thanks for the kind words CD. They mean a lot to us.

Update from PD Land. Just ordered the front door for the new workshop.

Finally gonna get this mess off our dining table and give Pammy her house back. :cool: Not too big just a 8' x 12' space, gable ends and a couple of windows. Kinda fun to plan a small carpentry project, as I haven't swung a hammer in a few years now.

Purple-Days,

Frickr

well i think im taking the pd back to the homeland. im heading to southern oregon for spring break. if i make it up there might have to get a picture of me standin by the port orford sign holdin the purple days.

Frickr,

Frickr

i thought there was only crazy norwegians in north dakota :lol: just as long as if its not ludifisk!

Frickr,

Purple-Days

Max, we are old enough to remember Behind The Green Door, so I wonder at your meaning...Lucky the blinds are built in (between the glass) Or maybe Jade green for the jade pebbles we send (jade is for luck) We know it ain't for the money. :cool:

Purple-Days,

NoSmoke

Just ordered a PD from Vapenow, I just had to period. I was hoping it would ship soon so I could take her to PR next week, probly ain't happening.

NoSmoke,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
NoSmoke said:
Just ordered a PD from Vapenow, I just had to period. I was hoping it would ship soon so I could take her to PR next week, probly ain't happening.
vapenow has started shipping their stuff 2 day ups air, only reason you wouldnt get this shipping is if it was not available in your area. i imagine you will be puffing on your pd in 3 days like i was :D

Survivalism,

Longburn

Hi All,

I live in New Zealand and a newcomer to these forums, I have been enjoying the long read of the 'Purple Days Experience' thread.

I actually owned a vap for several years which as a first vap experience gave out surprisingly useable hits, altho I tended to lean towards the combustion method/pipe/bong for the bigger hit. A couple of months ago the vap died and I began reading up on what is available. The more the I read, the more convinced I became that I need to abandon combustion for a quality vap as quite frankly I am now feeling the weight of combustion in my lungs and looking ahead it seems self destructive to not change that to Vaporizing only while I have a smidgen of youth remaining. The vap I had that died was a BC, I know I know, it is one that is generally rubbished, and I never liked the funny metal taste from it. But even tho it was a BC my lady preferred it to the harshness of a pipe which caused her to cough too much.

At first I was reluctant to spend the higher outlay on a vaporizer but after reading up on what is available I realised there are far better Vaps than the BC I had. I live in New Zealand so the ones retailing here seem to be only the BC or box type with the digi readout, both of which appear to fall down in the reliability stakes. My reasoning is I want something that is simple and doesn't have unnecessary bells and whistles that can break down (a temperature readout sounds great, but as devotees have mentioned, who cares once you have the sweet spot established). And also it is false economy to buy a cheap poor made unit, they dont last as long and over time you spend far more on replacing them and the frustration of doing so when you could have enjoyed a quality vap that lasted well in the first place.

A month ago I ordered an SSV altho initially I baulked at the high price. But the more I read, the more convinced I was that 'life is short' and why not purchase and enjoy a good quality vape for enhancing life's pleasures! Actually I have yet to receive my SSV, altho talking again to the company today it is now supposed to be on the way to me.

Then out of the confusion and multiplicity of web sites all promoting and discussing vaping I discovered the Purple Days thread. I love what I read about it, and adding immensely to that, I love what I read about the passion of the inventors/creators of it, Tom and Pam. This sort of passionate home fashioned with old time quality is fantastic to find in today's Walmart world and to support!! Now I want to order a PD as well (I haven't even received the SSV yet) but I can imagine how both units altho quite different and unique in their own ways will be a wonderful units to have. I love the hand fashioned wood approach to the PD and the solid 'can take a knock' resiliency of it. Thanks to all the great posts of this lengthy thread I have a good appreciation of it's character and what it is capable of doing. The feedback and discusion of the fans of the PD is extremely informative as are the detailed and patiently handled responses from Tom. I am further encouraged by the postings of fellow kiwi Vaporcloud of his PD experience. So thanks indeed to the contributors and discussion in this thread.I have so far read thru almost half the 80 odd pages of this thread and intend to read them all as it is great to hear feedback/discussion as people recieve/use and field questions on their PD experiences.

I like the idea of one of the special hard woods that are available from time to time, altho I also like the original Cherry as well. After reading how some woods while looking lovely are not as good at keeping the temperature just right, I understand that the density of Cherry is perfect, altho I love the look of different woods and have been saving pictures of different PD's that contributors have posted in this thread. I would like to make my choice only from woods that provide this 'ideal' density even tho the look/appearance of others may be wonderful. Aside from Cherry what other woods available or becoming available would provide this ideal density for the PD vap?

thanks everyone!

Longburn,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome aboard, longburn! I hope you receive your SSV soon and order a PD as well. You're going to love them both.

stickstones,

NoSmoke

Do any of you guys know how Vapenow works? I ordered a PD today after leaving a voicemail asking if there were any in stock. A rep later called me back and left a voicemail stating the item was on backorder and I could join the waiting list, afterward I went home and noticed the PD was not on the webpage anymore (could i have ordered the last one in stock). I guess my question is when a PD is on the website does that mean its available, and when its not on display its on backorder?

NoSmoke,
Top Bottom