Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Ben

Hello everyone,

Here's another newbie joining the PD club.
I'm French I live in France and I'm a happy PD owner since two weeks : have a look -->
Fran%E7ais02.gif

It's not my first vaporizer but I must admit that I just love this unit. :brow:
I had to post that here because I bought it thanks to this forum, this thread and the people who contributed to it. And of course, thanks to Tom & Pam .

So thank you everyone here
Super01.gif
because you influenced me so positevely on this vaporizer that I have to give each of you a warfmful accodance.

Ben ( from France)

PS : I had to think about it quite long before registering here, because my control upon what I know of the English language is very imperfect.
My understanding, depending on my bakeness, is very erratic and it was sometimes difficult for me to understand everything in your conversations, even on this "hundred times read" thread.

But after all, I will do with what I know : So let's go ...right ahead! ;)

Ben,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Ben, welcome the the PD club!

You have to be kidding me, your English is excellent! You have some Francophone company here anyway.

:cheers: :buzz:

vtac,

youdontknowme

Ben, I wouldn't stress it, your English is miles ahead of most Americans. I just ate un petit pain au chocolat (dlicieux, but I must say I prefer les croissant aux amandes, they are hard to find here!) for breakfast in your honor :D. There are a handful of other French (or at least francophonique) members here, stay a while!

youdontknowme,

ballin1

Hey Spiral or others...

In that "demo" video you posted, I noticed you were packing the tube from a little silver cannister. Is this a grinder? Sorry, but Im a total newb when it comes to vaping, so this whole grinding thing and collecting keif is totally new to me. Also, after you packed the tube using the straw method, I noticed you packed something else on top from another lid of the same cannister. Is this the kief? And is this grinder something pretty standard that I can get from my local headshop?

Sorry for the basic questions. Still on the pd waitlist waiting to get off soon!

ballin1,

ballin1

Nice! I guess all my time spent on this vaping thread is paying off! Man, I can't wait to get my pd! I guess I need to go get myself a grinder now...

ballin1,

Ben

vtac said:
Ben, welcome the the PD club!

You have to be kidding me, your English is excellent! (...)
youdontknowme said:
Ben, I wouldn't stress it, your English is miles ahead of most Americans.
thank you Vtac and youdontknowme, quite unexpected...:rolleyes::cool:

I'll print that on a 2mx1m poster and stick it onto mrs Boudry's face, my english teacher in the 80's : "Old cow, you lied to me for years : I'm back and I'm NOT happy! " :D

--> "youdontknowme" ... les croissants aux amandes were kind of a sin for me years ago... And this time of year is quite a backlash on this topic : because we use to celebrate "piphanie" in january with galettes la frangipane ( frangipane is called also "crme d'amandes" :p:brow:). I had two of that past week and I promised not to eat one again during the whole next week.

I'll have to be veeeeery strong in my mind! :rolleyes::lol:

This was my "thank you for welcoming me" post ... I'll be back on topic soon and keep this thread "PD oriented" ;)

Ben,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to the forum Ben. Don't worry about your English. We love your accent. :lol:

Apprciez vos Jours Pourpres!

max,

cannabananabis

Purple-Days said:
Welcome to the forum cannabananabis, and thanks for your interest in a PD. 'Buy' buttons should go back up by mid-week. Billy-Bowls too.

I have never measured the loads and will have to take others words as true, but I am a bit amazed by the numbers myself. Whatever vape you choose, it is certainly going to stretch your budget short term, but I believe pay you back in the end with less consumption or more high, up to you.

About spent color. The starting color can be a factor. However... Other factors too... But most important is temperature IMO.

Once you are in the vapor zone you are releasing the goods. Increasing the temperature further does a lot of things, including making the duff a darker color. Others may question this, but IMO color is more an indicator of the temperature of the convective airflow, than degree of spent-ness.

What I mean is: material vaped at 375-380F will be lighter than the same material vaped at 395-400F when both loads are equally spent. This is an opinion, but it is based on a year of living with a Super-Vapezilla with precise digital temp control. Lots of things I disliked about that vape but it was super precise with regards to temperature and taught me a lot about what temperature I was looking for.

I like the visual aids idea VTAC and didn't notice the vids were at the bottom of the Wiki, very cool cause I was trying to locate that other Spiral vid in all these pages. Found your Gonzo Vapor Rings. Fun stuff.

College + Weed = well you know what the OG is gonna say. NOT.
Well, to be honest, I don't know if I can wait that long, and there's a pretty big appeal to having it later this week, so I think I'll be ordering it in the next 2 hours from vapenow to get the same-day shipping deal. (by the way thanks for the link stickstones)

This temperature sounds like it's perfect for me for two reasons: first, taste and quality are of course things I find very appealing, and second, the fact that it doesn't completely burn the herb means it's still *gasp* combustible. I'm someone who likes the most inefficient method, joints/blunts, and something I loved about having the volcano around was that I could roll joints out of 50/50 vaped and non, or even just pure vaped stuff. While it certainly isn't quite as good as when the material is pure, I usually don't roll simply because of how inefficient it is (up to a gram just to get high for one session... makes me cringe).

It's also definitely caught my brother's attention, another heavy user who's interested by it for the same reasons I was, so if he orders one, I'll get myself a billy-bowl then (although, if I love it as much as I expect I will, I might just order one separately).

One last question to whoever might know, is where does vapenow.com ship from?

cannabananabis,

Purple-Days

Good morning Ben, welcome to the forum and the Purple-Days family. We are so glad you are enjoying the vaporizer. As Pam and these nice folks here have said your English is better than most of my friends who only speak 'American'.

Yea Ballin, grinders are pretty essential gear, but very dry buds can be crumbled effectively by hand too. That's probably the two most important factors in vapor, dry buds and maximum surface area.

Having only tried one kief catching grinder, I can't say much about the class, but I wasn't that thrilled. Not sure how taking trichromes out of your weed, making it less potent, then saving them to make your weed more potent... ahhh, just me I guess, but kief is something to be gathered from trim and leaves, not from precious buds. It just doesn't compute to me.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
cannabananabis said:
Well, to be honest, I don't know if I can wait that long, and there's a pretty big appeal to having it later this week, so I think I'll be ordering it in the next 2 hours from vapenow to get the same-day shipping deal. (by the way thanks for the link stickstones)

This temperature sounds like it's perfect for me for two reasons: first, taste and quality are of course things I find very appealing, and second, the fact that it doesn't completely burn the herb means it's still *gasp* combustible. I'm someone who likes the most inefficient method, joints/blunts, and something I loved about having the volcano around was that I could roll joints out of 50/50 vaped and non, or even just pure vaped stuff. While it certainly isn't quite as good as when the material is pure, I usually don't roll simply because of how inefficient it is (up to a gram just to get high for one session... makes me cringe).

It's also definitely caught my brother's attention, another heavy user who's interested by it for the same reasons I was, so if he orders one, I'll get myself a billy-bowl then (although, if I love it as much as I expect I will, I might just order one separately).

One last question to whoever might know, is where does vapenow.com ship from?
I think a Monday shipment is the best you can expect. And vapenow is located in Vermont. You'll have no worries buying from them-excellent dealer. BTW, PD remains are also a good candidate for making edibles. And it's a pretty good bet that your brother will also be joining the PD club after trying yours. ;)

Edit:
"Well, as of the last few hours the purple-days is no longer on vapenow" I'd say he's sold out. You can contact him and verify.

max,

cannabananabis

I didn't the the 'contact us' page before, but I just sent a message asking if that's true. :/

If they're not sold out, I'll hopefully be able to have it in the next few days, shipping from Vermont to upstate NY would be pretty quick, am I right?

cannabananabis,

prk

Just to add to the good vibes here, I'm yet another satisfied PD user! Bought mine in mid-October, and have used it almost daily since. Most excellent customer service I've ever experienced (both Tom and Pam are so responsive to emails, and friendly!) Simply love the ability to so accurately control my dosage, not to mention the reduced blow to my stash with each usage.

Love love love using it on my own - I tend to medicate a lot on my own, and often at unusual times of the day, so the PD fits my lifestyle perfectly as an always-on, always ready-to-use solution. It's great for groups, too, just pack up a couple stems and pass them around. Very convenient, and so efficient.

Here's a picture of my Ti Tree unit, with the copper aromatherapy cup in:

34hga41.jpg

Happy vaping, guys!

prk,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
wavygravy,
I just let how ever much I will be vaping in the day sit in the Billy Bowl overnight. :)

greenganja,
I loved the video. :D What music was that? I was totally digging it. :cool:

prk,
Lovely, her sister in Alaska says hello! :D

Happy vaping indeed. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the forum, Prk and the Purple-Days Family too, we are glad to provide you with the service you deserve. Everybody should.

I've mentioned before but things get buried,... we use the 'free' heat from the TV set, a metal plate on top can dry stuff and others have mentioned the water heater area or the top of the fridge as warm spots to dry things out.

Purple-Days,

alucard

How long after being unplugged does the PD stop being effective? Could I unplug it (after 30 minutes), put it in my pocket, and use it 10 minutes later, how about 5 minutes?

alucard,

SHED7

idk tonight was my first time ever using the pd and ultimately dont kno whether i like it or not
i was getting like good big hits any tips

SHED7,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SHED7 said:
idk tonight was my first time ever using the pd and ultimately dont kno whether i like it or not
i was getting like good big hits any tips
possibly change the screens in the tubes...i did on all three stems...they all are different screens...not a stock PD screen in one of em...i like the variety. :) that can give you bigger hits..just dont use brass screens. those are gross

keep your inhaling to a steady flow...dont jazz around thinking you bought a new musical instrument...get it so it barley whistles..a light humm every few pulls...

gets a nice warm balanced vapor for you to hold down...make sure after you take the hit you hold it! really gives you that nice head rush

KEEP TRYING!

:p dont become a spyder :p

:peace:

alucard said:
How long after being unplugged does the PD stop being effective? Could I unplug it (after 30 minutes), put it in my pocket, and use it 10 minutes later, how about 5 minutes?
nope...needs to be plugged in...thats also part of why its such a great vape...it cools off very quickly :2c:

but it wont work after about 30 seconds....you get nothing

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
SHED7,

Check out a video I posted a page back demonstrating me using the PD. The 'cycle breathing' technique is what I tell people to use to get the hang of the draw and 'cooking the herb'. Leaving the stem on the heat exchanger for a few moments before drawing helps in producing those big clouds as well.

Other than that, if your bud has any moisture in it, it's not going to vaporize well in the PD. Leave some nugs out overnight somewhere warm and dry, in the morning give them a fine grind and report back.

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Hi shed7 and welcome to the family. Others have said 'practice' and dry herb and grinding and a short pre-heat and a slow draw or cycle breath... All good advice.

Hennesey suggested something about screens... 99% of folks get along forever with the 'permanent' screens provided. You (Henny) are a tinkerer with tubing and bubblers and different screens (that's cool), but maybe he just needs a week or so to get the hang of it.

The screen thing is a compromise like everything else in life. Screens with larger holes allow more air-flow but also allow more debris to pass. Smaller holes restrict debris but restrict air-flow. The Goldielocks story, this one's too hot, and this one's too cold, but this one's . . . you know the story.

Your personal preference for larger holes is fine, arf, but we aim to satisfy the most people possible with the stock set-up. :2c:

Draw style , grind size, material quality and dryness, loading and packing styles can all affect things, so before changing out the spark pluigs, make sure there is gas in the tank... :lol:

Alucard, on the un-plug issue, it's not gonna stay in the zone long after unplugging. When I was laid up from an operation, Pammy would unplug a warm unit and bring it to me with a loaded stem. 2 draws to clear the tube and that's about it. No extended un-plugged time, just enough to get a couple of draws. That's because we are running about 380F and below about 370F you start to get much less vapor, below 360F you are getting almost nothing and by 350F you are below the THC boiling point. So NO is the answer, it must* be plugged in.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom