Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Paranorml

Hey Tom,
Any idea when you will be taking orders off the website again? I am interested in procuring one of your PDs.

Thanks!

Paranorml,

max

Out to lunch
Paranorml said:
Hey Tom,
Any idea when you will be taking orders off the website again? I am interested in procuring one of your PDs.

Thanks!
If you want a Cherry, check with vapenow.

Tom has been very nice and accommodating about putting people on the waiting list and with questions about lead time, availability, etc., but the forum is not the place to do business. Please direct any questions about specific availability, order status, etc., to Tom and Pam via email. And that applies to Vapenow.com as well. Don't expect Tom or anyone here to know Vapenow's shipping schedule or what he has in stock. I'm sure Tom will keep us up to date with what's going on in PD land. We should appreciate his posts but also leave him some time to build some vapes.

Looks like I'm going to have to turn this into a 'boilerplate' post. ;)

max,

Purple-Days

Well, max, I answered in a private e-mail, but you are right it just lengthens the thread for the next guy to try and get through. Ehhh, what the heck. I'm not much on telling others how to behave. Wouldn't seem right to me in a 'be free' sorta way. :peace: , love and all that.

Hey, we aren't trying to push folks to VapeNow, as much as we love them. We like to sell a few ourselves... without the middle-man. :brow: and are almost getting caught up. By mid-week we expect to be back up and operating as normal. The Holiday rush was just too much, along with a temporary shortage of materials :cool:

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
OK Tom, I'll put it this way. Even if you're cool with it, we're not. ;) Just not appropriate for a forum.

it just lengthens the thread for the next guy to try and get through.
Yep. We need to stay on topic. This thread is 57 pages and 1400+ posts. :uhoh:

Hey, we aren't trying to push folks to VapeNow...
No problem. We'll let Nate fend for himself. I'm 100% in favor of you guys getting all the profit. :D

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I suffered a severe OCD attack and redid the Purple-Days page on Vaporpedia. The old version was great (almost entirely done by forums user VapOracle), but there have been a number of changes since then so it seemed best to re do it altogether.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Purple-Days

Any errors, changes, additions etc., let me know, or just edit it yourself. Hopefully it will be of some help to newbies who don't have time to read this entire thread.

All right, VTAC, the new price to you is $600.
I should be a lawyer. :)

Happy Friday, vapor time! :party:

vtac,

Purple-Days

Like I said, "you are right it just lengthens the thread for the next guy'. Didn't mean anything, I agree. :/ :uhoh:

Awsome VTAC, gotta go look right now. I recognize that pic, now I gotta read on... Wow, had to stop short, gonna take that link and add it to the first post in this thread, it might help a lot of folks who don't have time for so many pages. Wow, so many thanks for putting it so clearly. :D

A note, we are not gonna offer vegan versions when we open back up next week. Sorry if the leather offends a few folks, but it is a vital part of the durability. And after trying to make several, getting them to look 'just right' isn't a reasonable thing either. And for any interested, Paisley leather will be a regular option till it is gone, but that will be quite a while.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Excellent work vtac! A 'CliffNotes' for the Purple-Days thread.

Purple-Days said:
A note, we are not gonna offer vegan versions when we open back up next week. Sorry if the leather offends a few folks, but it is a vital part of the durability. And after trying to make several, getting them to look 'just right' isn't a reasonable thing either.
I can see that the leather bottom would provide more friction against sliding, and more of a cushion. Is that what you mean by vital to durability? I can also see how it would take a lot more work to get the wood bottom right vs. leather. I certainly don't think you need to add any labor time to the process.

max,

Purple-Days

Actually, Max, The Vegan is lots less work, when it works right.

The leather (both purple and paisley) glued to the bottom is pretty stiff, but flexible by itself, the wood is stiff, but not very flexible, and when the wood and leather get glued together, it's a sort of laminated composite effect.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
So you're saying it often doesn't 'work right', thus doesn't 'look right'? I guess I can see that it would be less work vs. leather. I know you spend some time getting the edges flush with the wood. Does it feel like you're trying to describe a sunset to a blind man? :cool:

max,

Purple-Days

it's just not as good, and not as good doesn't work for me... It's stronger stays nice longer and just isn't an issue for me. Sorry but if leather offends this isn't the vape.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
I don't think you'll lose much business. Leather on the bottom of a diffuser being a no-no is taking Veganism to the extreme. Hell, try and find a good pair of hiking boots that aren't leather.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Desperate times call for desperate measures.... I couldn't get any juice to my PD and I really wanna use my new essential oils.

I took the M plug from my car adapter (currently of no use) and spliced the M plug onto the adapter. Working just fine. I have 2 AC adapters on the way, and when those come in, I'll just splice and solder the wire back. Should be hunky dory, right?

/waits for sparks to fly
:uhoh:

I like the PD page on the 'pedia. I noticed that your LED light seems to have a hole drilled in it vtac.... was that how all use to be?

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

That sounds great, hey our Radio shack is 25 miles away and is 2 aisles in the True Value hardware, so McGuiverism or Field Engineering, call it what you want, in certain parts of the world bailing wire and duct tape are worth more than when the 'have everything' store is around the corner. :)

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yup, she's working like a beauty! The super long cable is nice too!!!! So glad this worked out. :)

When those AC adapters come in later the week I am going to get them super secure and snug with electric/shrink wrap tape. Should increase their lifespan. I do like on the car adapter how heavy duty the plug is...

Hey Tom, I'm a bit curious as to how you apply the Purple-Days logo to the leather?
Mine is long gone, but I am just trying to think how you could make them less resistant to wear in the future.

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ok. The only thing I know for sure so far is that it works a LOT better when the loaded bowl is given time to heat up. I'm not talking a ton of time, but a minute or so, and a little more doesn't hurt.

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I usually don't even remove my stem for each bowl, just casually sip, sip the night away.... :ko:

I took an extra precaution..... since this is eventually being reattached to the car adapter, and is likely to be passed around in the vehicle, it will make it much more durable.

2a5xf6q.jpg

Might be something those whos first power adapter hasn't gone on the fritz wanna do. I went overboard here since it's eventually ending up in the car only, but on my other ones, I'll probably use 1/2 as much.

edit//
I'm sure this will get buried in the massive thread but I made a video (really boring friday) to demonstrate how powerful and amazing the Purple-Days is. I think it turned out really well for practically no effort. :ko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsA8mOF-dQA

I lose count of how many hits after about 10 or so.... :lol:

edit//
Wow. I sat down and count. About 30 puffs before it stops chugging along!!!!

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Really cool, we liked the music. :cool:

Buried? Yeah, here,but if you and others don't mind I'm gonna track these vids down and link up to them on our Testimonials page. We sure do appreciate the efforts of those who have recorded thses.

Purple-Days,

bongoman

Thanks for the video SpiralArchitect. Is it the kif that just keeps that PD stem going and going?

bongoman,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Awesome vid Spiral! Some nice Daft Punk tunes as well, good stuff. Yeah Bongoman, I was wondering the same thing!! Haha my bowls last long...but not THAT long! Those are some slick PD skills you've got there Spiral...I must admit I'm a little jealous. :p

partially veiled,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Bone dry bud. :) I didn't even use much kief.

The 'cycle breathing' technique really get's it milky too. Gives you the full spectrum of the taste/smell too. Love it.

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nice vid, spiral! Thanks for the pic of your wire, as well.

What's cycle breathing? I noticed you like to milk it like a shake or a cig. I started out that way but found I exhaled some vapor by accident too often (your little nose puffs, etc.). Now I just take slow drags like I think Pammy does and I am getting nice, thick hits. I would love to do a vid sometime! Sometimes I hit that thing and I know I am getting vapor, but if I hold it in long enough not much comes out...makes me happy thinking I am absorbing mos to fit!

Also, I am a light packer like you. I'll suck and pat one time and go for it. If I get two thick hits I am happy with it. I liked seeing your stir and repack method...cool.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
bongoman said:
Thanks for the video SpiralArchitect. Is it the kif that just keeps that PD stem going and going?
The finer the grind the more there is to vape. Dry herb usually means you get more in the bowl. I often top off a bowl with the super fine kief and I find it really increases the number of hits I get. Sometimes I get to the point where I'm sure there can't be any vapor left and the bowl proves me wrong.

max,
Top Bottom