Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'm always tapping crumbs out of my PD. Not a problem IMO. Its a tank, a few crumbs wont hurt it.

vtac said:
the fan boy thing: You know, sometimes I do feel that we push the PD a bit too hard
I think anyone who has the time to read this thread can see how many of us knew nothing about the PD and some (like myself) weren't even interested in one at first. But if you haven't read this thread then yes it could come across as a bit over the top.

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

New years eve... What a year? 50 pages / 1200+ posts... Thank you, to everybody who has contributed.

Tomorrow will be the anniversary of the birth of the Purple-Days Diffuser. 1 year. Thought I would build a couple for us and a few more for some friends. Hah... Friends indeed, seems we have made a few over the last year, friends that is. And a few vapes too... I never expected this level of activity or enthusiasm. Thanks again to all our supporters. :D

On the web design... I mentioned a few posts back that we lost a computer recently and that meant downloading the website back into our sitebuilder from the web. Doesn't always work 100% and we lost some data (like all our site map links quit qorking), I tried to clean that up yesterday. Hope it helps, but... it doesn't change the site much.

I have never designed a website before this and I never intend to again. :p Yes, several people have offered to help, 'experts' and some knowledgable friends, thank you, but there is a price to pay (always) when you start letting others do work for you. Lack of control and loss of our personal touch would be the first payments.

Suggestions are always welcome, "it sucks" doesn't point me to the problem. Not that I want to 'convert traffic', just don't want someone to have a frustrating experience.

Thanks for the links VTAC, yep, the dense woods aren't suitable... New woods coming in the New Year...

Peace to all, have a happy and safe New Year.
Tom and Pammy
The Purple-Days Team

Purple-Days,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Tom and Pammy - Happy New Year's, we'll be taking it easy as well, going to spend the New Years with the new wife. Maybe do a gauntlet of all the vapes in the collection to show them so appreciation :brow:

My suggestion would be just easier navigation for the site, more intuitive to go where you want, sometimes I get lost looking at woods, then trying to find a screen from a previous link (just going from memory when I purchased my unit). Other than that, seems fine the way it is.

Happy new year

stonemonkey55,

WavyGravy

Happy new year all.

Tom, i think one of the main problems with the site that causes the most confusion is that you have those pictures for navigation. I think if everything was labeled and on the home page it would be much easier to find what you are looking for. just my :2c:

Also, is ordering from Vapenow petty much the exact same thing as ordering from you? Do they open your packaging or just send it straight to me? I would like to get one without the little purple days symbol etched into in but if ordering from vapenow is not much different from ordering from you then i dont think i can wait. :)

WavyGravy,

ILoveRadiohead!

WavyGravy said:
Also, is ordering from Vapenow petty much the exact same thing as ordering from you? Do they open your packaging or just send it straight to me?
From what Tom has tom me, the PD from vapenow will be exactly the same as one ordered from him. Tom just sends a order to vapenow and then then ship it out to their buyers. Here is what Tom told me a couple pages back.
Purple-Days said:
Thanks for your interest in the PD... There is no difference between the product we ship to VapeNow and the kits we sell on our site, We even wrap them in the same brown paper for VapeNow to reship them. It's all the same including warranty (handled by us).

We have more Cherry wood on the way so we will be back up and running soon. But, VapeNow is a reliable re-seller, and if you are ready, you might as well order from Nate he has them in stock.
WavyGravy said:
I would like to get one without the little purple days symbol etched into in but if ordering from vapenow is not much different from ordering from you then i dont think i can wait. :)
I think that symbol you are referring to is just the hole for the LED to shine through with some artful wood burning marks around it. Same on all PDs.
greenganja said:
Does the guy at VapeNow ever answer his phone? I have tried for the last two weeks to get in touch with someone at VapeNow to order a PD from them. However, you always are directed to the voice mail when you call. Therefore, I never placed an order because I wasn't for sure if they had any in stock or not and also because I wanted overnight shipping and I didn't see that listed as an option on the site. For some reason it gives me peace of mind to speak to a real live person from the company that I am placing an order with. If I just keep getting directed to voice mail then that tells me that the company doesn't care. Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone else was able to speak with anyone at VapeNow either by telephone or via email. Thank you
I just ordered my PD from vapenow on the 29th via phone and got someone immediately that first time contacting them (it was around 4:30pm EST). I had to order over the phone due to a payment issue which they handled with ease and courtesy. I can't say for sure but I see no reason they would have any problems upgrading your shipping to overnight or express.

I actually called them today around 1:30pm to see if the PD shipped and to get a tracking number and that time I got directed to voice mail but got an email shortly after with the USPS tracking # AND they gave me a call back on my cell in less than a half hour.

BTW I ordered the PD on the evening of the 29th, they shipped it on the 30th, and had it not been for New Years Day holiday I would probably have the vape tomorrow afternoon (note that they are located in the East Coast and I'm in the Eastern part of the Midwest US).

Maybe just try calling again and make sure they have your email and phone number correct if you leave a voicemail.

So far its been nothing but a perfect experience with my order from them :)

ILoveRadiohead!,

WavyGravy

ILoveRadiohead! said:
WavyGravy said:
Also, is ordering from Vapenow petty much the exact same thing as ordering from you? Do they open your packaging or just send it straight to me?
From what Tom has tom me, the PD from vapenow will be exactly the same as one ordered from him. Tom just sends a order to vapenow and then then ship it out to their buyers. Here is what Tom told me a couple pages back.
Purple-Days said:
Thanks for your interest in the PD... There is no difference between the product we ship to VapeNow and the kits we sell on our site, We even wrap them in the same brown paper for VapeNow to reship them. It's all the same including warranty (handled by us).

We have more Cherry wood on the way so we will be back up and running soon. But, VapeNow is a reliable re-seller, and if you are ready, you might as well order from Nate he has them in stock.
WavyGravy said:
I would like to get one without the little purple days symbol etched into in but if ordering from vapenow is not much different from ordering from you then i dont think i can wait. :)
I think that symbol you are referring to is just the hole for the LED to shine through with some artful wood burning marks around it. Same on all PDs.
Thanks ILR. There is no longer an LED light on the PD. Its just a little sun design in its place.

Tom, i know you probably dont know but do you have any idea when you are gonna be able to start selling again? If its soon ill wait. If not im just gonna order from vapenow. Thanks.

WavyGravy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I believe the only difference you will see between ordering from Vapenow vs Tom is that Vapenow charges shipping. Tom's shipping is included in the $150 price, yes?

Vapenow is in Vermont, so take that into consideration when calling or calculating shipping times. I ordered mine from Vapenow on-line with no problems. It was shipped the same day with an email containing the tracking number.

I've never talked to anyone at Vapenow, but have had considerable email correspondence. I would be surprised if they didn't respond to a paying customer by email within a day or two.

Bottom line, I wouldn't hesitate ordering from them. Between my communications with them and Tom feeling good about them, I'm confident in recommending them. In terms of working out shipping details, etc., that's a different story, but I would be very surprised if anyone gets ripped off by them.

stickstones,

WavyGravy

stickstones said:
I believe the only difference you will see between ordering from Vapenow vs Tom is that Vapenow charges shipping. Tom's shipping is included in the $150 price, yes?

Vapenow is in Vermont, so take that into consideration when calling or calculating shipping times. I ordered mine from Vapenow on-line with no problems. It was shipped the same day with an email containing the tracking number.

I've never talked to anyone at Vapenow, but have had considerable email correspondence. I would be surprised if they didn't respond to a paying customer by email within a day or two.

Bottom line, I wouldn't hesitate ordering from them. Between my communications with them and Tom feeling good about them, I'm confident in recommending them. In terms of working out shipping details, etc., that's a different story, but I would be very surprised if anyone gets ripped off by them.
free shipping for items over $75 :D

WavyGravy,

Purple-Days

Yeah, Sticks, that's a huge reason VapeNow is the only PD re-seller. Straight up folks. Yes, $150 from VapeNow, or us, doesn't matter. VapeNow stocks the standard kit (with logo) and we wrap it for him in brown paper, just like we send ours. Same stuff*.

However we can be more flexible at our site. I can make semi-custom stuff like logo-free units and will be putting the 'logo-free' units back up for sale soon, along with the standard kit.

Short answer on when is I don't know. :uhoh: Soon... I got my cherry wood , in yesterday and have managed tp chop it into blocks for the lathe. it's another pretty batch. That's one of the great things about cherry is consistency. :) And that helps keep costs down. Anyway I'm covered in dust so it won't be long.

First things first is warranty work to replace several LED failed units. Then tackle the waiting list who have called or e-mailed

Not sure who wrote, "I think that symbol you are referring to is just the hole for the LED to shine through with some artful wood burning marks around it. Same on all PDs." Wrong.

No LED holes are drilled or required now since there is no LED, We make these units, we don't 'buy' them. Blocks of wood are turned and we go from there, same with all the other parts, we start with basic materials and build from the leather up.

The symbol was designed on New Year's day shortly after Pammy decided, "Purple !". I tossed up PhotoFilter (photo editing freeware) and drew a Purple Sunshine,

This was and is our trademarked graphic logo.

It's the same one we use on our box cover and is not needed at all. Pammy and others thought it looked too bare without a bit of something... so the logo, representing the purple sunshine, which signified the purple LED which is now gone but sorta lives on. Yeah, with, without, no big deal, I see both as attractive. And both will be available again.

Tep I figured the pictures to navigate was the problem so I put a easy to see note in the header. Click Pictures To Navigate. Seems some folks missed it in other parts of the page. And I will think abiut using pics with words to get to other spots... Good suggestions, thanks. I know it needs work, it's an ugly baby, but it's our baby.

Thanks for the New Years wishes everyone. See you all in 2009.

Purple-Days,

greenganja

Ok I have to take back the things that I said in the previous post about VapeNow. I left a voice mail and recieved a call back within thirty minutes. My fault for missing the call, but I called them back and managed to get everything squared away. They do offer overnight shipping but you have to place the order over the phone for overnight shipping. So my PD should be shipped tomorrow and I should receive it by this Friday,. I am really looking forward to using it. Anyhow, the person that I spoke with at VapeNow was very kind and politley filled my order on the spot. So I would like to offer my apologies to the good people at VapeNow and also thank them for a pleasant experience. Peace to the Leaf! :peace:

greenganja,

max

Out to lunch
Vapenow is as good as they come for service. :tup: And if you're ordering from them you may want to phone them and ask about a discount for FC members. I'll quote the last part of Nate's post on the reseller thread-

"Check out our site and feel free to drop us a suggestion or comment through our contact us page. We welcome all feedback from vapor enthusiasts (and if you mention this post, we'd be happy to give you a discount).

Thanks for providing this thread as a place for resellers to post. It's a good resource!

VapeNow"

max,

nysuperscum

OK First post of the year here and I figured I would start it off with a story about my PD. I left it on a counter in my laundry room the other night... where I generally let it sit overnight and stay warm. When I woke up in the morning a pipe had burst and some water leaked into the room and had pooled on the counter around the base of the PD. My precious PD lay in a pool of water all misshapen and with her beautiful purple eye gone dark... needless to say I was despondent and after I had checked to see if it was still working (it WAS!! :lol:) I packed a bowl and then checked out the damage... he cherry wood plug in the bottom swelled up and the bottom leather started to peel off and it wouldn't sit upright and the light had ceased functioning... but the basic unit functioned OK. I quickly emailed Pam and Tom and explained the damage. Pam responded that Tom would be happy to fix it... I assumed that was provided I could live without my PD long enough to get it fixed.. anyway to make a long story short... that was about 2 weeks ago and my PD has dried out since then. The cherrywood plug shrank back to size pretty much and a little superglue on the leather fixed her all up and I am pleased to report that my PD enters the new year healthy. I expect her to be 100% for the bowl games today and the playoffs. Happy New Year everyone.

nysuperscum,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
so after being gone for so long its been hard using proxies to keep up with whats going on in PD land :D

I saw the post on the pile of duff that was logged in someones PD...i smelled a funny burn smell in my unit and tapped out a small small pile of duff...was partially black but not burning...the smell went back to normal...

just made some holidays hash with a friend and holy shit! a pile of keif in a PD bowl can make you blow like 3-4 nice sized clouds...awesome

makes me cringe when i heard AZ using green and dry sifted keif in some microwaved oil...PD does the job fine with the dust :cool:

Hennessy1414,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hennessy1414 said:
so after being gone for so long its been hard using proxies to keep up with whats going on in PD land :D

I saw the post on the pile of duff that was logged in someones PD...i smelled a funny burn smell in my unit and tapped out a small small pile of duff...was partially black but not burning...the smell went back to normal...

just made some holidays hash with a friend and holy shit! a pile of keif in a PD bowl can make you blow like 3-4 nice sized clouds...awesome

makes me cringe when i heard AZ using green and dry sifted keif in some microwaved oil...PD does the job fine with the dust :cool:
Welcome back Hennessy. Nice post ;)

vaporcloud,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
also i just recently made a small chamber for my PD to fill :cool:
*pics soon*

sadly :( its made out of vinyl tubing and a clear pen tube...well those are the "gnarly" parts of my setup if anything

its just a small spice jar(cubed glass jar) that stands about 3"1/2(in.) off the ground...HOMEMADE VERDAMPER VAPORIZER SETUP! that's right...i hook up the tubing to the loaded PD stem and rip away on my new piece....defiantly a contender for the skimmed milk shot contest(if i had a good digi camera) I can pretty much cash a dry bowl of herb in one hit with my new chamber...possibly a small puff is left but not a solid hit(like if i was hitting the stem as usual)

for anyone that forgets what a verdamper vaporizer looks like
Kasteel.jpg

i use it just like that but imagine the glass bowl and heating element replaced by a classy PD :cool:

(i dont use water)

Hennessy1414,

Beezleb

careful in public, hehe, I can see people thinking its bomb or something with those wires and glass jar. stranger things have happened.

Beezleb,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Beezleb said:
careful in public, hehe, I can see people thinking its bomb or something with those wires and glass jar. stranger things have happened.
hahaha if i looked like that...well posting on FC wouldn't be my#1 priority ATM....ahhha have a good new year man :)

on a side note...tom and pam were thankful enough that they sent me a Christmas card and a "package" to me for the holidays. in it was a small glass bowl with a wood top top it....its my mini billy bowl for now...also i was gifted a shakey screen with it as well...DAMN DO THOSE KEIF!
I like the looks of my mini billy bowls lid...makes me salivate over the full wooded( :lol: ) billy bowls...cant wait!

loving it! thank you so much tom and pam! one day i hope to aspire half of what tom is...and he says hes a simplistic guy :rolleyes: i dont think so when he puts in 5-6 hours on a single PD unit....way to go you guys rock!

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom