Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yes, that is Paisley. The background here is paisley.

Their is really a new model coming out? The only part I can envision being paisley is the bottom, which would look really cool in my opinion. :cool:

SpiralArchitect,

greenganja

Thank you for posting the great pix Radiohead. Mine should be here Monday, until then I will have to settle for looking at the pix of your PD. Cheers!:peace:

greenganja,

Purple-Days

Saw this stuff and had to have some (half a cow), The color is a very dark chocolate brown, nearly black and it is slick. The paisleys are embossed into the leather. This photo is from Brettun's. I've got one glueing up now to test and it seems fine.

Oh yeah, we own Paisley-Days.com might as well, it's $10 a year to hold it. Same with Buzz-Butter.com .

Our buddy has more Billy-Bowls in stock so we can get them anytime and we have put the buy buttons back up. Gotta remember to ask about the finish, but like I said these things like all his bowls and plates and utensils are intended for food service, but I will ask.

Cool shots of the unpacking.

Pam's about convinced me to replace the camera we have. Stupid digital crap... My Nikon FM (35mm) and Mamiya C220 (medium format) from the '60s are both still working like new, probably will be for another 40 years, but buy a 'state of the art' modern POS and it might last a few years... what a world?

Purple-Days,

Beezleb

I know the feeling on the new cameras. My wife has an old professional camera from years ago. Dont know what kind but very nice.

We got her a slr digital camera. Never really been used. I think she just like paying for film hehe.

Beezleb,

ballin1

Hey all. So I'm looking to purchase my first vape and after MUCH research, I decided on the...PURPLE DAYS! I actually had a good budget to work with and thought I would get a ssv or something like that. I put up my criteria in another forum (efficiency being my number 1 criteria, followed by durability and simplicity) and someone told me I should look into purple days and forwarded me this forum. Man alive. I've been spending the last few days working my way through this thread and becoming more convinced that this was for me.

The clincher was when I saw spiral's video review of purple days after watching this other guy's video of him using the ssv. The ssv looked cool. But when I saw spiral putting packing those small bowls and mating it and taking those long draws, I was HOOKED! This is exactly how I use my bong right now! Exactly! I don't like to put huge nuggets in my bong and smoke it all at once. I'm a "dose, redose" kind of guy. And there's something really satisfying about the whole process of it. Man, when I saw spiral take those hits from purple days, it looked so comfortable, so chill, so simple and SO EFFICIENT! That was it, right there.

Next day, I called up the company. Imagine my surprise when Tom answers the phone. I'm like.."uhhh..hello? purple days?" and he's like "Hi. This is Tom. Who's this?" Super helpful! Told me about how the new units wouldn't have the LED (totally cool with me...I actually think the logo is pretty cool) and then told me he just got a new batch of cherry wood and would put me on the waiting list and let me know when its ready. Pammy sent me an email confirming it like 2 minutes after I got off the phone. Awesome customer service. The idea that my vaporizer is getting handmade in oregon right now is crazy! I don't know when I bought anything that was handmade in the good old US.

I can't wait. I'm telling you I can't wait! This unit looks like everything I've been looking for. Simple vaping goodness without a lot of bells and whistles.

Thanks for everyone's input in this forum. I'm so glad that I got turned on to this forum. Seriously, I don't have dollars to throw around, so I'm so happy I made the right choice regarding my vape. Now the waiting....

ballin1,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Your excitement shows ballin1!!!! :D Hopefully the PD is perfect for you... Welcome to the forum and the world of vaporizing! :)

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome ballin1 :wave: I remember you from your thread on the other forum last week. I wasn't the first to recommend the PD to you, but I did point you to FC, and your requirements of simplicity, efficiency, and durability made the PD a no-brainer. Good to have you in the Purple-Days family. Congrats on reading the entire thread too. It's becoming more of a challenge every day. :lol:

max,

ballin1

Thanks spiral and max. Both of you guys were huge in making my decision. Actually, now knowing a bit more about purple days and my original post about my criteria in mj.com, I can see how you guys would be like "whoa, this guy should get a purple days." It addresses everything I'm looking for.

ballin1,

Beezleb

Yep, I recall that thread too, good choice and please write a review letting us know how you like it.

Happy Vaping!

Beezleb,

HoneyAir

How I avoid losing herb down in the hole

I put the stem in the PD almost horizontally for the first hit.

Just as someone else mentioned in this thread somewhere, the bowl 'glues' itself into place. I also notice that it compresses a bit, so that it is no longer filled to the brim [I guess I pack it light enough].

After it has cooled, I can have the stem vertical all I want (hot or not) and it won't leak.

If any has fallen down the hole, it gives you a 'smoky' taste when you try to take a hit... so if that's something you are tasting its time to turn the unit upside down and tap it clean.

HoneyAir,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Somehow I missed that Paisley post by Tom!!!

That is really awesome! I think that is such a great idea, I totally love it. :D Me wants.... :lol:

My once purple bottom is a very dark violet, near black, color now... I can't even read the PD logo on it anymore, hehe.... She gets a lot of use. :p

( And Tom, an investment in a digital camera can really be a joy! If you need any pointers, let me know, I've owned several digitals throughout the years.

Maybe a DSLR might be right for you? You'll be able to have more control over your shots and still have that 'classic' feel, but all digital! ;) It has a hefty price tag, but it will provide lots of enjoyment. I was so close to getting a Canon Rebel, I kind of regret getting the regular digital Nikon I have now, but it does the job. Excellent macros and has a lot of great features. The one I use to have had Wifi so I could snap a picture and it automatically loaded onto my computer, now that was awesome! I hate cables, love wireless stuff. :cool: )

SpiralArchitect,

420Downunder

I bought a Canon 350D DSLR nearly 3 years ago now and absolutely love it, mind you I still haven't touched half of the stuff it can do lol. I'm trying to save up for a macro lens atm :brow: If you look around you can pick a good used one up cheap now as they've updated the model once or twice since then but they're still one of the top 8mp SLRs.

420Downunder,

WavyGravy

ive spent more money on my photography addiction then my cannabis hobby. :uhoh:

i have a canon 30d with to many lenses. dSLRs are great.

WavyGravy,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
To keep on topic:
If you just want ease of use, durability, and good (not as good though) pictures (sounds like the PD :lol: ), there is a waterproof/shockproof digicam by Olympus.

Moving on...

I am about to drink a beer from Oregon called Leafer Madness :brow: by Beer Valley BrewCo (Tom, R U NEwhere near Ontario, OR--good stuff...).

Another really long (rewarding :rolleyes: ) day. I hoped it would be OK to post a somewhat random post since I have recently been adopted as a PD family member ;) .

Time to oil my head, 'watch' some Grateful Dawg and sip on the Madness (very appropriate phrase for the role(s) I have been serving for my agency :lmao: ) over some Lamb Rogan Josh/Chana Saag :drool:

Toke it easy (or however you want ;) ).

edit: typo (OCD...it does often pay off :p )

Progress,

greenganja

My Purple Days has finally arrived.

PurpleDays4.jpg

PurpleDays6.jpg

PurpleDays7.jpg

PurpleDays8.jpg

PurpleDays9.jpg

greenganja,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^
:)

I still have my box and all the original packaging from when I got mine. :lol:

Just a quick testimonial; last night I brought over the PD to a big gathering, their were about 6 heads their and all but one regular toker. Most of them had used the PD once or twice, but not everyone had become fully acquainted with it. By the end of the night, no one had touched a blunt wrap, joint paper, pipe, or bong -- everything went through the PD.... and we were vaporizing practically non-stop for a good 7 hours or so it seemed like.... in the morning, groggy and still buzzing, I inspected how much it took to keep us all high, all night. The small pile of vaped weed weighed 1.6. :brow: Around these parts, my friends would put about that much through a bong in minutes, or twist it all up in one blunt.... they were astonished how efficient it was, while I just grinned ear to ear. :D

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SpiralArchitect said:
^
:)

I still have my box and all the original packaging from when I got mine. :lol:

Just a quick testimonial; last night I brought over the PD to a big gathering, their were about 6 heads their and all but one regular toker. Most of them had used the PD once or twice, but not everyone had become fully acquainted with it. By the end of the night, no one had touched a blunt wrap, joint paper, pipe, or bong -- everything went through the PD.... and we were vaporizing practically non-stop for a good 7 hours or so it seemed like.... in the morning, groggy and still buzzing, I inspected how much it took to keep us all high, all night. The small pile of vaped weed weighed 1.6. :brow: Around these parts, my friends would put about that much through a bong in minutes, or twist it all up in one blunt.... they were astonished how efficient it was, while I just grinned ear to ear. :D
dude every time...everyone can match a .3(bowl) and if you have 3 kids, including yourself, you can be up for so long killing all of that bud...knocks you out :ko:

edit/// felt this rung true with my new "healthy" toy
nuggessss.jpg

Hennessy1414,

Illumination

Hey there everyone. Brand new here, and have a question

So I ended up ordering a Purple Days vape a few days ago, after lurking this particular thread, as well as hearing very good feed back on it from various sources.

My question is this. I just checked my account on Vapenow to check it's status (the usps tracking site has for days now only said that they have received the shipping info). I find out that they are currently out of stock. Any idea when new stock will get to this distro? Would I have better luck personally contacting Vapenow? I'm very stoked about this item, so I hope I don't have to wait too long for it.

Illumination,
Top Bottom