Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Bob eh? I figured it was a girl, with all the holes... get your mind out of the gutter. :|

Actually I'm on the road, so no SSV. :/ The PD would have been perfect to bring though. I can't wait.

I'll think about you every time I load a bowl.
What am I wearing in these hot fantasies? :D

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I figured it was a girl, with all the holes
But once you put the vapor tube in, it's a big, fat phallic symbol. :D

Actually I'm on the road, so no SSV.
I figured you had a job that required travel, but weekends too, huh. I've been there myself-some pluses and minuses to that. Yep, the PD is essential for your job. You should put it on your expense report or at least take a tax deduction. :lol:

What am I wearing in these hot fantasies?
Hmmm. I am getting kind of attached to the image of Zappa in a French maid's outfit. :brow:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
A purple French maid outfit, I hope. :cool:

I tell ya, every time I look at that car cigarette lighter plug... wish I could stick my big PD adapter in there. Oh baby. :brow:

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
vtac said:
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! Waiting is SO hard! :ninja: :bang:

There's a grinderfull of beautifully dry herb waiting here just for you, Cherry Jane.
I can't believe you haven't got it already. I wojld have had mine for 2 weeks tomorrow ... seems UPS overland takes longer than overseas. Mind you I have bought stuff locally that have taken longer than Toms send of my PD.

Funny thing ... had a big day yesterday on the end of a chainsaw and logsplitter, couple of beers with the lads after we finished and I had a nice (alcohol) shine on and was dying for a big lung splitting vap session ... and I had the feeling I needed to crank up the vaporite for a bit of whip loving. I snuck in and and 2 quick bowls with the PD while it was warming up the vaporite. Warm up complete ... Packed the whip and proceeded to have a very unfurfilling session of either not hot enough and small hits or too hot and burnt popcorn :doh: Why the fuck did I bother :disgust: I just don't have the patience for the fluctuating temps and just went back and hit the PD a few more times.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
vc, you need to get yourself a 7th Floor vape to go with your PD. That'll cover the bases. :cool: :2c:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Don't tease the poor guy. :lol:

But yeah, vc, just tell the wife you're just getting one last vape, promise. :rofl:

But hell, if she likes to vape then she probably won't be complaining once you get it. :brow:

BTW, the one fucking time I'm not home, that's when they try to deliver my PD. Wasn't here to pay the stupid taxes. :D

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
max said:
vc, you need to get yourself a 7th Floor vape to go with your PD. That'll cover the bases
It would and I want to ... and hope to at sometime.

vtac said:
But yeah, vc, just tell the wife you're just getting one last vape, promise.

But hell, if she likes to vape then she probably won't be complaining once you get it
She does but loves the PD and would just roll her eyes at me spending more needless cash. But I bring home the bacon never really complains ... except in April when I shell out for my pound :rolleyes:

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
She does but loves the PD and would just roll her eyes at me spending more needless cash.
My wife really let me have it when I got the Vapor Snake. :uhoh: Too damn ugly. Good thing I ended up not liking it. :lol:

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
The vapor snake looks kinda of ingenius ... its convection right? Tell us more about it Max :cool:

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
I'm gonna start a review thread on the Vapor Snake. It deserves a review. Not a bad vape at all and some people really like it.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Look forward to the review Max.

btw - I'm fucking blasted thanks to the PD. I have been communicating with some med users in NZ who are quite intrested in the PD. They have yet come across a vap that can be left on 24x7 and be reliable ... for years and years! This guy Tony told me that he even had a 'cano but that too became problematic after 2 1/2 years of medical use. Of course he has a couple of choices in the 'reliable even when left on 24x7' category thanks to Tom and the 7th floor.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Finally my impatience has paid off. :D

I thought some people might want to see an unboxing so I'll start with that. Coke can shown for scale, sold separately.

1 PD
1 wall power supply
1 car adapter
3 vapor tubes
1 oil diffusing cap
1 vial violet blossom oil
1 tin buzz butter
2 muslin drawstring pouches
1 cleaning bottle
2 business cards
1 magnet
1 purple leather keychain
1 jade pebble found at the beach by Pammy
couple instruction/information sheets

I don't know if everyone gets the all little things but I feel special. :D

Lots to come, but first impressions after 3 hours use? :luv:

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I don't know if everyone gets the all little things but I feel special
Its the standard package mate :ko: The only thing I didn't get the same was the wall unit as its 240v downunder. I got some jade thanks to Pammy for that too :tup: But yeah theres a personal touch about the PD package that is just so ...uh ... Tom and Pam :cool:

Glad your feeling the PD :luv: too.

Actually I did a test and turned mine off overnight, cranked it up this morning and was hitting it like a champ befoer work after the standard 45 minutes warmup. Fuck knows what I was doing when I first got my PD :disgust:

vaporcloud,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Guys, seriously. I swear I haven't left you. :uhoh:

I'm rediculously occupied these days, but it's all very good stuff...well, more or less very good stuff...each day is a new go round, no? I've got a lot to say about the PD, and I've put it through some relatively heavy testing, so I feel my opinions are at least half-ways founded. I highly doubt I've got vaporizing with my PD mastered, however; as with all things in life, a variety of disparate factors seem to affect the outcome. The PD itself is brilliant in a totally simple way, and more beautiful each time I lay eyes on it. There are MANY factors to be considered, however...at least it seems that way to me. I will be back for full disclosure soon, for sure. Anyway...I'm still not ready to commit a full review, and couldn't at the moment, even if I wanted to.

I'm working with Mescaline tonight, and have been doing healing work for the last little while...so like I said, I'm REALLY busy and simply don't have the time or ability to sit down and write it all out at the moment. If you can't tell, I'm the type motherfucker that, if going to say anything at all, has to say far more than was asked of him... I've been keeping notes though, so soon guys--really soon. I promise that I'm not just swooping in, collecting information from all you wonderful people, then prancing off while stifiling a snicker at my own cleverness. This forum has got more info to offer re: vaporizing Cannabis than any other location on the net (IME), and I am determined to contribute to it rather than just feed off of it. I have been checking in over the last few days, though...you dudes make me laugh, seriously. There are some jokester fucks roaming around over here at FC.com. Glad to be among your ranks, you bunch of Cannabis vaporizing, message posting, snide and sarcastic tricksters.

Anyways...back to the show. vtac, I'm really glad to see you did a pictoral of the packaging and the unwrapping, etc. I actually wanted to do that, as I thought it would be clever and desirable...but I was so freaking excited when I got that bitch that I totally forgot about it, in the moment, and ripped those carefully packed goods to pieces! I'm also glad to hear you're liking it so far. Please do get a little more detailed on our asses, and let us know how it treats you over the next couple of days. I know max is an owner of both as well, but I would love to hear another opinion on the PD and SSV combo. I am definitely still planning to get a SSV, when life will allow.

Man, I just realized that I've been so busy, I haven't even e-mailed Tom to say thank-you yet. :disgust: Whoops. How the minute hand does quicken its steps, these days. Well...I'm off. I just had a horrible release of the cactus shits (the detriments of this being a *seemingly* all male play-ground...I feel no shame to show myself haha sucks for you fools :brow:), and I also just witnessed an intense, penetrating rip of thunder that sounded from just above my house. I've got to sign off right now, as the letters have all begun to dissipate and my keyboard is breathing, but the thunder assures me this will be an interesting night. Here's to wishing that I could meet the lot of you somewhere, in a big empty room filled with only cushions, quality vapes and quality bud. At least I've got my PD to keep me company, and keep me it shall :D.

partially veiled,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
There's so much I want to say about this thing. Not even sure where to start, and really these are just some initial thoughts.

Everything was well packed, box was double wrapped in thick brown paper bag material. I'm sure it could hand some serious post office football and it was a bitch to open. :D

I had a hell of a time choosing a wood type, they're all so beautiful. Was set on cocobolo for a while but ended up going with the much lighter (300g compared to 420g+) and slightly faster heating (density) cherry. Cherry has always been one of my favorite woods, love it from the look to the smell. Also it's one of the most hypoallergenic woods from what I can find, which was a consideration since it's unfinished (not sure how much of a barrier the buzz butter would be) and will be held a lot. For example, some people develop sensitivities to cocobolo, mostly the dust, but still.

I plugged it in for an hour and went to work. Nice and warm to hold, not hot. The metal gets hot as it says, I had to touch it to see, of course. No burn on my finger but hot enough for your reflexes to kick in. :lol:

I used high quality bud that was properly dried and cured, and then a month+ mostly in mason jars. I'd say almost crumble dry-- not quite bone dry-- perfect for ssv and seems to be perfect for the pd. It was ground in a 4 piece (ssv, 4.8mm diameter holes) grinder and then I cut up any larger pieces and removed any little stem pieces. The draw speed and bowl pack technique (you learn fast not to pack it too tight), seemed to come naturally with vapor on the first hit. So far my favorite has been drawing on the stem like taking a drag from a cigarette. That is, using suction from your mouth, not inhaling with your lungs. It fills your mouth with flavor and vapor then you inhale it, absolutely delicious and you can do them in rapid succession or in combination with lung inhales. Also nice because you can see the thick vapor expanding out of your mouth before you inhale it. With this bud I'm seeing around 2 - 5 (2 being big hits and 5 being smaller) hits from each bowl, relatively large exhaled clouds, more than enough to blow some vapor rings with. Very satisfying.

I really really like the small bowl. It seems to be the perfect diameter and depth to evenly cook with no stirring. I prodded a little with the ss pick a few times but only out of habit, it's cooking evenly regardless. It's so awesome to just keep hitting these little bowls every 10 min or so. 12 bowls used about the same as 2 ssv bowls, but I can say with great confidence that I was (am :o:ko:) higher than after vaping 2 ssv bowls. This is a pretty huge complement to the PD, when you consider how efficient the SSV can be.

Again drawing comparisons with the SSV, but that's what I know and it seems like a good benchmark if you will. That said, these two vapes are not in competition, right away I can echo earlier sentiments of these two vapes being perfect partners that complete each other. Right now I'm loving these smaller bowls and would much prefer the PD vaping by myself. If lung splitters are needed, the SSV is there. Actually the ssv is in my closet (sorry only room for 1 vape on my desk :D) and as mentioned before, the PD is just so discrete and classy. I'd have no problems leaving it out for anyone to see as an oil diffuser, and that's a good feeling. Just ignore that big jar of weed next to it. :D

Fuck, writing all this crap is cutting into my time with CJ. Less than 24 hours and already I'm in love. :luv:

Edit: whoa partially veiled beat me to the post. Haven't read yours yet. :)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
partially veiled said:
a good post when he was stoned on marijuana
Fuckin A, veiled! I want a lot of whatever you are taking! You realize your quick stop to tell us the review is coming was longer than any review I've read to date?

vtedit: Shortened that huge quote. :cool:

stickstones,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
A quick stop, to catch my breath: the PD freaking rules!! Yes yes yes of course full review to come but holy hell, just in case there were any doubters, the Purple-Days is fucking incroyable!!! :o :uhoh: :o

Spur of the moment type of thing...but well deserved--the PD is putting the balls to me tonight, that's right...t'wother way round! I love it. Freaky shazbotz, baby. :ninja:

partially veiled,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
partially veiled said:
... .....REALLY busy and simply don't have the time or ability to sit down and write it all out at the moment. If you can't tell, I'm the type motherfucker that, if going to say anything at all, has to say far more than was asked of him... I've been keeping notes though, so soon guys--really soon. I promise that I'm not just swooping in, collecting information from all you wonderful people, then prancing off while stifiling a snicker at my own cleverness. This forum has got more info to offer re: vaporizing Cannabis than any other location on the net (IME), and I am determined to contribute to it rather than just feed off of it. I have been checking in over the last few days, though...you dudes make me laugh, seriously. There are some jokester fucks roaming around over here at FC.com. Glad to be among your ranks, you bunch of Cannabis vaporizing, message posting, snide and sarcastic tricksters.....
Your posts make me smile and I think they may be making me smarter. :huh:

Don't worry I still haven't done the ssv review in over a year. Really good vaporizers are really hard to review. :2c:

:ko::ko::ko::ko:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
Glad you guys are enjoying your new PDA (Purple-Days Asskicker). I thought you might. ;)

vtac said:
I don't know if everyone gets the all little things but I feel special.
I got some sand and a beer can tab. I think Tom packed mine. :/ You guys probably got a 'Pammy-pack'. :)

partially veiled said:
I know max is an owner of both as well, but I would love to hear another opinion on the PD and SSV combo.
Don't forget jeffp. He's a charter member of the SSVPD Club. You can pick up an application at the front desk vtac. We'll waive the first year's dues for you. It'll save you :2c: :lol:.

vtac said:
I had a hell of a time choosing a wood type, they're all so beautiful. Was set on cocobolo for a while but ended up going with the much lighter (300g compared to 420g+) and slightly faster heating (density) cherry. Cherry has always been one of my favorite woods, love it from the look to the smell. Also it's one of the most hypoallergenic woods from what I can find, which was a consideration since it's unfinished (not sure how much of a barrier the buzz butter would be) and will be held a lot. For example, some people develop sensitivities to cocobolo, mostly the dust, but still.
Good info. :tup:

I plugged it in for an hour and went to work.
You waited an hour? :o And you call yourself impatient? ;)

I used high quality bud
Perfect for this vape. I may never use the pricey stuff in my SSV again, except for special occasions or topping off a bowl, like ice cream on apple pie.

It was ground in a 4 piece (ssv, 4.8mm diameter holes)
Seems like most screen grinders have holes about 5mm. I've got one, about 2" diameter, with 4mm holes and I find that preferable for weed destined for the PD. I grind first with a larger one, then put it through the one with smaller holes. I thought it was interesting that this 'double grinding' also increased my kief harvest. With the small PD bowl, you have to avoid little pieces of stem and leaf that other vapes wouldn't blink at. You can load a coarse grind, but it'll make for a small bowl of vapor.

I really really like the small bowl. It seems to be the perfect diameter and depth to evenly cook with no stirring. I prodded a little with the ss pick a few times but only out of habit, it's cooking evenly regardless. It's so awesome to just keep hitting these little bowls every 10 min or so. 12 bowls used about the same as 2 ssv bowls, but I can say with great confidence that I was (am ) higher than after vaping 2 ssv bowls. This is a pretty huge complement to the PD, when you consider how efficient the SSV can be.
I agree. Efficiency is excellent with the PD. I'll poke a bowl sometimes that has a real fine consistency, but rarely get anything more out of it . It does a great job of cooking without burning. Unlike some of my Vapolution remains, never any charring in my PD bowls. The little bowl is going to be greatly loved by some medical users who don't want or can't take the sometimes huge hits from larger whip vapes. It's also great for keeping track of how much you're using. I never bother to measure out an SSV bowl. I just dump some in. Sometimes I don't finish it until the next day. Using the PD, it's much easier to track your consumption.

the PD is just so discrete and classy. I'd have no problems leaving it out for anyone to see as an oil diffuser, and that's a good feeling. Just ignore that big jar of weed next to it.
Yep. And the big jar of weed is no problem. I'll send you my address. :lol:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Had this post written up in my head, and typed out in notepad over the course of an hour. I'm easily distracted. :lol:

First night with CJ: getting to know each other.

A night to remember, must have stuck it in her at least 25 times, I lost count. At the end of the night my eyes were that familiar shade of bloodshot, which doesn't happen too often for me. High enough that you feel the need to tell people about it. You know you're high when you start to see genuine and powerful emotion in the smiley's faces. :o:uhoh::D

We stayed up vaping past 4:20am, moved her from desk to bedside table (unplugged my alarm clock for her). so we could do it in bed and so I could bask in her warm purple glow. Actually I turned it so the LED wasn't directly pointed at me, it really does give off some light in a fully dark room. Seriously, the purple LED looks slick in a variety of lighting-- kind of has that shimmering effect you can't quite focus on. With all the blue LEDs you see everywhere today, it's quite classy to see and pretty cool, dude. Especially when looking at the unit as a whole.

Left her turned on all night, wanted to 'break her in' for 24 hours or more. Does seem overkill to leave it on when you're sleeping-- a timer is so easy. Though, drawing only 7.5 watts is pretty friendly and with quality ceramic heater vapes still running strong after being left on for 7+ years (forget how long Tom mentioned their long term test unit has been on for, think the ssv record is 7+), it's nice not having to worry about it.

The smell of warm wood... my cherry unit has me thinking of cedar saunas for some reason. Sweet.

Woke up, and she was hot and ready for some more action. Lying in bed with your head back on the pillow and milking some fresh vapor with this thing... What a treat to start the day. Best morning I've had in months, one PD sized bowl was just perfect to fully wake me up, but not really get stoned. Effective, efficient, and precise dosages. I like it.

Well that first of the day is long past. This thing hits like a champ. Seriously, thick and tasty on the palate, very fresh. The amount of vapor you get for the amount of air you're drawing with is phenomenal.

Yep, lots more to say, but for now... Purple Days.... = happiness in a can. Rarely can I maintain 100% satisfaction with a purchase.

getting technical...

Smaller bowls worked just as well for me, even just 1/4 filled, 2 nice little mini hits. Like little puffs on a vapor joint. Chopping it nice and small is key here, don't want any big leaf pieces impeding airflow. That combined with damp bud, I can see people having trouble figuring that out with this vape. Quality in, quality out. Simple.

At first I was just tapping the spent herb out like ashing a cigarette, still like how that feels on a tactical level. After a night of vaping the resin built up, and now I'm just blowing the herb out into a small jar. These little vapor tubes are pretty darn neat.

Thanks, max and jeffp and vc for letting the world know about this little wonder. Otherwise I wouldn't have met my CJ. :luv:

Tom knocked it out of the park, the PD is a winner.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
partially veiled said:
I know max is an owner of both as well, but I would love to hear another opinion on the PD and SSV combo.
Don't forget jeffp. He's a charter member of the SSVPD Club. You can pick up an application at the front desk vtac. We'll waive the first year's dues for you. It'll save you :2c: :lol:.
Dude, look at my sig, I thought I was Grandfathered in or something. How much for the lifetime membership?

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
vtac said:
Dude, look at my sig, I thought I was Grandfathered in or something. How much for the lifetime membership?
I saw that for the first time last night I think. On my laptop screen, in the dim light and with me fucked up, it looked like just a little black bar. Today I saw the 'SSVPD' in it. Make that available to us members (in different color selections preferably) and as far as I'm concerned you've got a free lifetime membership (continuing ownership of the two vapes is mandatory, of course ;) ) and you can be President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board. :bowdown:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Here's what CJ and I vaped yesterday.

I didn't weigh it before or after, but around 0.35g fresh (looks like more than it is in the huge pic), 3 or 4 little ssv bowls. I can't believe it but that was over 20 bowls in the PD- my entire day and nights usage which felt like a nonstop session. ~0.4g, are you kidding me?

Cooked perfectly IMO, could have milked some more out of it but the good stuff was vaporized and I don't like popcorn.

I took some videos last night too, but man are they ever terrible. :rofl:

vtac,
Top Bottom