Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Welcome to the family Greenganja.

Illumination, welcome to the forum, as far as I know VapeNow has units in stock (they are not sold out). If USPS shows your tracking info then it is on the way, as far as I know (unlike UPS where you can generate tracking before they even have the package.)

The Purple-Days site has been sold out for a while, but that has nothing to do with VapeNow. If you have questions for VapeNow give them a call, because I can't answer for them.

As far as Purple-Days production, looks like Monday will be the first batch of 'new' units available, so anybody who is waiting or been promised a unit shouls be getting info soon.

The newest batch of cherry is very nice (cherry always is, it seems). I had to stop my workday when UPS arrived yesterday. New domestic hardwoods arrived and had to be unwrapped from some damp packaging. Very pretty figured maple and figured black walnut. Pammy was saying wow at some of these pieces and they are still rough blocks. The ash and regular maple both look good too.

Back to it. More boring ops today. Maybe start on metalwork later this afternoon and Wednesday, making heat exchanger parts. Assembly and glue up Thurs and Fri, make vapor tubes and tips over the weekend.

Purple-Days,

Costanza

Hello again, everyone.
I fell in love with my PD soon after getting it way back on post #334.
It kept me level during many trips, morning to night, every day.
Unfortunately this is not simply a post of praise, but rather of tragedy.

After hanging out with some friends, I go home to find out that my mother had called 911 because my sister came home in an altered state of consciousness.
She went to the hospital where she simply came down and was absolutely fine with no help from a doctor.
I don't know if its standard procedure because it was drug related, or if the cops just felt like being assholes that night but for some reason they had to "check the house for other people".

Well I wasn't expecting any police to be in my room while I was gone and I don't have to hide my habit from anybody I live with so I'm not exactly Batman with my stash.
Anyway, the cops got away with my glass collection of years. my kief box w/ ground goods and all of my collected kief, all of my collected ABV (my main buds being slightly more concealed), and my beautiful Purple Days.
I really wasn't expecting for them to have taken that; but because of its proximity to my kiefbox and the fact that my desk space isn't overly cluttered, they were able to put two and two together.
My mom didn't know that the vaporizer itself isn't illegal in any way and so let them have it. She's just grateful the cops were nice and didn't get me in any trouble. :rolleyes:

Now I'm stripped down to my VG and I Inhale. Needless to say, Tom?ll be getting a second order from Washington very soon.
I really enjoyed the fact that I had an early PD with the LED. I do like the sun logo but purple's my favorite color and it was just that much more special to have a discontinued version.
I could continue to lament, it just kills me to know that my PD is unused or worse yet, doomed to sit in some trash heap forever. But I just thought I?d share my story with you guys, I don?t know of anyone else who?s had to feel what its like to have their PD ripped away from them.

Costanza,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome back Costanza! Sorry to hear you're now PDless. :( When you get your replacement maybe you should hide it in plain sight. Stow away the stuff the cops are familiar with, and leave the PD out with the copper cup in place and a bottle or two of essential oil beside it. Maybe even get a paperback on aromatherapy to keep it company. ;)

And it sounds like Tom can set you up with a different look if you're interested. Can't wait to get a look at the figured black walnut myself. :)

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
wow dude that suck a lot :( ....I'm a bit stunned that the cops realize that it was a ''smoking device'' ....that really super suck ....I'm curious a bit to know if it was legal to check the house for no ''real'' reason ...damned cops

Clear_Dome,

Costanza

Yeah I've been lurking around. This forum's a pretty handy place for up-to-date vaporizer news and developments.
It should be easier to keep things hidden as there's a lot less of paraphernalia now. :(
That is just about the only plus in this whole mess, there's going to be a larger variety of models for me to choose from the second time around. The only problem is that I love purple and paisley.
Gonna be pretty hard for me to pick a bottom.

I was stunned too, man. While I was told what happened I figured I'd have the PD in the end. But on that section of my desk there was just a phone, candle, and the PD right next to it's weedy tubes and kief box o' pot. :/
I don't know how legal it was, but they're tricky bastards. They'll have a few guys talking to you while one sneaks up the stairs. I figure once they find anything they can legally take it away but I don't know for sure. Unfortunately I wasn't there as I would've put up much more of a fight. Especially for the PD as there's nothing illegal about the unit itself.

Costanza,

max

Out to lunch
Did they take the AC adapter too? If so, I wonder if the PD ever made it to the police station. It may have a new home at some cop's house. :lol:

The only problem is that I love purple and paisley. Gonna be pretty hard for me to pick a bottom.
I know what you mean. I like the smooth leather on the purple bottom though, so I'm not sure I could go for the embossed paisley.

max,

Beezleb

My dad is friends with state and local cops. They all know about vapes and how to identify them. Especially the portables and this is in a small town.

Vapes are not unknown.

Bummer. I would make your sis buy you a new one.

Beezleb,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha dude , here in quebec I'm sure that cops dont know vaporizer ...the week that I was testing the I-Inhale I was vaping at 10 feet of a cops and did'nt notice anything and my unit was visible LOL.....I would say that most of my friend dont know what is a vaporizer.... your cops are super smart :( was is a bad thing for you

also it's stupid cause I'm sure if you ask for your pd (same if you claim that this is a aromaterapy device) the cops will tell you something like ...hey if you continu to cry like a bitch I'll put you under arest! is it what you want ? .........Damn A$$holes

Clear_Dome,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
dude im sorry i jinxed your PD a couple of pages back...I stated that no-one has EVER gotten a PD or any vape taken by customs(cops in this case :disgust:)

guess thats how it works tho...dude I would be raging im not sure how your keeping your cool this well :mad:

like an original purp lighted PD...does it get any better :cool:

not just that....all the glass and keif! fuck man im truly sorry...at least you still have a small selection :ko:

eah you get to try out a new wood possibly :brow: and try out the new design on the PD(if you could even say much has changed but i guess the heater fins have increased)

:peace: (all my PD bowls go out to you today)

Hennessy1414,

420Downunder

Mate that sucks big time, thank god the law was recently changed back in parts of Aus so any paraphernalia that isn't a crack pipe is legal if it's clean , in my town the cops prefer people smoking pot than drinking and that's out of a senior coppers own mouth :lol: and as long as you aren't an asshole to them they overlook at least 1.5oz, some oil, kif and collection of glass bongs (long story but I was recently raided due to a border who stole some shit unbeknown by me), I was told as long as I wasn't dealing they didn't care and were only interested in recovering stolen goods and arresting my border or should I say ex border. Funny thing is it's still totally illegal to smoke weed I'm just lucky to live where cops have some brains and would rather spend the time going after heroine and meth :cool:

420Downunder,

Beezleb

420Downunder said:
Mate that sucks big time, thank god the law was recently changed back in parts of Aus so any paraphernalia that isn't a crack pipe is legal if it's clean , in my town the cops prefer people smoking pot than drinking and that's out of a senior coppers own mouth :lol: and as long as you aren't an asshole to them they overlook at least 1.5oz, some oil, kif and collection of glass bongs (long story but I was recently raided due to a border who stole some shit unbeknown by me), I was told as long as I wasn't dealing they didn't care and were only interested in recovering stolen goods and arresting my border or should I say ex border. Funny thing is it's still totally illegal to smoke weed I'm just lucky to live where cops have some brains and would rather spend the time going after heroine and meth :cool:
I can live with it like that.

Beezleb,

Illumination

Purple-Days said:
Welcome to the family Greenganja.

Illumination, welcome to the forum, as far as I know VapeNow has units in stock (they are not sold out). If USPS shows your tracking info then it is on the way, as far as I know (unlike UPS where you can generate tracking before they even have the package.)

The Purple-Days site has been sold out for a while, but that has nothing to do with VapeNow. If you have questions for VapeNow give them a call, because I can't answer for them.

As far as Purple-Days production, looks like Monday will be the first batch of 'new' units available, so anybody who is waiting or been promised a unit shouls be getting info soon.

The newest batch of cherry is very nice (cherry always is, it seems). I had to stop my workday when UPS arrived yesterday. New domestic hardwoods arrived and had to be unwrapped from some damp packaging. Very pretty figured maple and figured black walnut. Pammy was saying wow at some of these pieces and they are still rough blocks. The ash and regular maple both look good too.

Back to it. More boring ops today. Maybe start on metalwork later this afternoon and Wednesday, making heat exchanger parts. Assembly and glue up Thurs and Fri, make vapor tubes and tips over the weekend.
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely contact Vapenow to see what's up. Although, from your post it sounds like a bunch of new units will be out shortly. So if they are out of stock, it won't be like that for long :D

Illumination,

Costanza

Yes they did take the AC adapter. I'm not sure if I'd rather a crooked cop be using it or nobody...
I guess its best if someone enjoys it.
Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish doom upon those who took my things. :ninja:

Damn you, Hennessy!!
You're on my list. :p
Seriously though, I was extremely pissed. I?m rarely angry but I felt more violated than I ever have before.
Luckily I've still been able to vape through my VG. And I've had a steady supply of booze to keep me docile.
I didn't use the pieces much but I'm a very sentimental person so it hit me very hard.
There?s really no replacing thousands of memories.
I?ve just got to deal with it, there?s no chance of me getting anything back. Everything?s gone and I can only hope my next PD?s as pretty as the last. And that maybe my mom or sister can chip in for it. :/

Costanza,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
this may or may not help, but ive heard that sometimes if you go down to the station, you can get paraphenalia back, you might at least get the unit back if not the tubes because the unit has no residue

ive heard of people going to the station and getting bongs and pipes back too, it cant really hurt to ask

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
They took your aromatherapy oil diffuser, Costanza? Why?

Maybe it's not worth $150 of hassle to get it back but I'd probably try.

Glad to hear there's more PDs on the way, Tom. :)

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I come home and my power adapter just stopped working, wtf. :(

I guess I need to hunt for one in town, very doubtful anywhere here would have something... our Radioshack is pretty limited. I guess I'll take this one in and see.

Why do these have such a tendency to burn out?

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
the wire that goes into the plug sometimes gets loose in there

ive gone through 2 power adapters, then yesterday i found a nice thick corded plug (on another power adapter) and cut that cord off and spliced it onto the original power adapter
seriously i reccomend it, if you have a pile of useless adaptors like i do, look for a type m with the elbow, just cut it off and solder it into the power cord from the original adapter, i think its really worth it

this new cord is thicker and the plug has a 90 degree elbow rather than going straight out. it gets in the way a little more, but otherwise its awesome and ciomfortable and puts a lot less stress on the wire
oh i also made it so that the cord is quite a bit longer

also, the other power adapter i was using aparently hasnt been getting the pd as hot as the original, i have been getting VAKED and cashing a bowl in 2-3 hits

im planning on switching out the screens for some with more airflow like spiral and hennessy have, should make the pd all that batter of a vape

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So you think the problem is caused by the plug that goes into the PD?

I just don't understand why these are so prone to disaster. Maybe the PD is straining them a bit too much?

Talking with DigitalDaVinci on IM and he says he has gone through a few too. :/

I'm tempted to crack this thing open and look at it... maybe it is as simple as a loose wire?

edit// Wow, it is the plug into the PD!!!!

The strain from the cord makes it loose is my hypothesis. I jostled it around and my light came right on. I'll have to look around for a similiar plug (are their specifications that are required?), possibly an elbow one, to reduce the strain....

Now the question is do I want to wait 40 minutes, or should I activate the 'Warez? They say patience is a virtue.... but not this time. :p

SpiralArchitect,

420Downunder

Sounds like metal fatigue in the wires to the plug, every time you pick it up it flexes one way then the opposite as you put it down. You could try getting some heat shrink tubing and shrink it from the plug back for a few inches to reinforce them.

420Downunder,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I have never had these problems... :/ and im the type to be a bit rough with his PD :( everything still 100%

I think an update on the plug would be the cure...thicker casing for the wires/better placement is needed for the plugs protruding direction(it seems) more stealthy, you could say, if the wire was kept as low key as possible.

besides i think a PD with a power cord that hugged it at a 90 degree angle would be awesome..less time spent seeing the rigid plug stand stiff in the air(however you hold it :lol:)

:peace:

always gotta love the add-ons to the purple-days...and the fact i can hit it with the bare minimum of accessories(just the stem) and still get just as vaked....the other add-ons just make it more fun/fast :D

Hennessy1414,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah the cord on the adapter is pretty thin (has its advantages imo), I can see that getting damaged by rough use. Though mine's still going strong after 5 months of daily use including getting abused by 8 kittens. Knock on cherry wood. :)

vtac,

High n Dry

Anybody else have a rattle like something is loose inside? my pd works 100% but when i turn it upside down to clean out excess herb down the HE it sounds like something loose shake it couple times and it gos away shake it again its back? ive also shaked out couple lil pieces looks like solder? other then that this thing is great!

High n Dry,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
High n Dry said:
Anybody else have a rattle like something is loose inside? my pd works 100% but when i turn it upside down to clean out excess herb down the HE it sounds like something loose shake it couple times and it gos away shake it again its back? ive also shaked out couple lil pieces looks like solder? other then that this thing is great!
like a vibrating feeling..and a small noise when i shake it...nothing huge but i remember an explanation for this a lil while back... High n dry...your safe...for now :p (hahah kidding the PD can never break...only man made forces can break its will...but never its construction) :cool:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom