1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Purple-Days, May 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

Awesome glad to hear it didn't come off that way. I feel ya on being hard on yourself I think that's something that a lot of us struggle with.

2. Logic

Logic Old Skool Member ‘10

Kind of bummed my original PD got knocked off the table a few times and received some “character marks”... blah! Wish there was an easy way to fix/repair wood dents... Any experts in this???

RUDE BOY and OF like this.
  3. eideal852

eideal852 Well-Known Member

So, tell me, Ive seen you in threads similar to mine; and your posts a few back here scratch the very itch I'm having right now: PD still the shit? How would you compare re: vapes in my sig? Looking to swoop a (obv) used PD...

4. Logic

You have some nice vapes in your collection, however the PD will offer a unique experience to most of these. It’s not very “on-demand,” so to speak like the Milaana and Splinter, in that it takes about 20 mins or so to reach optimal temperature, but more of a session vape. Amazing flavor, nice big clouds, and just an overall pleasure to hold. You can really feel the quality in the build. I used to leave mine plugged in 24/7 and didn’t notice a difference in my electric bill, which was pretty awesome!

5. eideal852

eideal852 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have the SSV and Epic EV-2 both which need a bit of a warmup as well, much difference there?

I do like collecting the "classics" (i kick myself for not grabbing a $100 volcano og last month) but also if they're far out classed at this point, I don't want them just for kitsch factor... especially with a family, the ones that take ages to reach temp get used much less (ive learned my lesson with always on: daddy...why do we have a heat lamp in the garage?... SHIT!), but someday dammit I'll have an open house!

RUDE BOY and Logic like this.
  6. Logic

Yikes, I hear ya about the family thing... much worse when your wife doesn’t approve of all your hobbies, mostly due to the obscene spending on such things! But a man can never have too many vapes, like fishing poles and golf clubs, right??? :lol:

One thing I forgot to mention was you can pack the TINIEST amount of plant material into the stem and it lasts and lasts and lasts, it seems. Usually about 0.025g is sufficient for a 5-10 minute session, offering some thick clouds. Be careful, or you could easily get yourself into a coughing fit (although, I like this personally!) Can’t speak for the SSV or Epic EV-2 as I’ve never used either, but I can tell you that is it log style and doesn’t use a whip like the SSV.

eideal852 likes this.
  7. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

I hope Tom and his wife are doing well. I enjoyed their presence and Tom had some great stories.

8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Amen. I too miss them both, and hope they are happy where they are. I recall the 'special rocks' that came with early units, personally selected from the local beach as I recall. Mine is stashed away.

We can, as a group, come up with our share of rude/abusive folks that tend to drive such 'good guy' makers off. Not the first time for sure. Let us enjoy them all the more while they are with us?

OF

9. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

Busted out my Ash PD recently. Real beauty, no logo on it either which if i recall Tom almost never made models with no logo or the LED.

I think it would be safe to say this is the only Ash no logo model he made, and one of very few no logo models produced overall.

10. Brundleguy

Brundleguy New Member

11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

First off, welcome to FC.

Unfortunately I can't make that link work......all it does is ask me to sign in.......

Here's a thread on the subject that might help?
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

Thanks for the effort, would like to see a well used unit.

OF

Alexis, Logic, macbill and 1 other person like this.
  12. Brundleguy

Brundleguy New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for giving me a hand with that thread. Very helpful. Now you can see the good the bad and the ugly. I had to use the car charger cord and rig it with a new transformer cause the original crapped out. Had a guy on Etsy blow the glass straw for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2019
    Adobewan, RUDE BOY, Alexis and 3 others like this.
  13. Logic

It’s still beautiful... :drool::drool::drool:

macbill, RUDE BOY and OF like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors