1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Purple-Days, May 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

You can use PD stems with the UD or all glass direct draw. The glass roasting tubes for both the UD and Nano are adjustable so you can pretty much make them whatever size.

SSVUN~YAH and bussinrounds like this.
  2. Drops

Drops Vaporist

Looks like project is delayed, the wood is REALLY dry and most of it cracked. Good for the fire-pit, but bad to make a new housing with. :(

Maybe I will check the hardware store see if I can find something there not treated.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  3. underdog

underdog shade-tree vapor engineer Manufacturer

Doh! That sucks but on the bright side I suspect you should be able to find a suitable piece of wood pretty easily. Not sure where you're at specifically but there should be hardwood lumber places locally and/or places to order online as well. Something like Rockler/Woodcraft (I think they have at least 1 of those up there?) but those will be overpriced and the wood possibly green (ie, wet) so investigate before you buy.

You also might look at craigslist (or equivalent) in your local area... :2c:

SSVUN~YAH, friedrich and Madcap79 like this.
  4. Drops

Drops Vaporist

Thanks, I do have a lot of places.
    I am not really THAT far north.. I am in the US north of Detroit. South of Detroit is Windsor Canada. If I run south to the border I am in Canada. In case you thought I was in Canada or Alaska or something. :)

Madcap79, SSVUN~YAH and underdog like this.
  5. underdog

Ah, yeah I thought you were in Canada lol. :cool:

6. Drops

Drops Vaporist

I was hoping the first thing to go through peoples heads was The North Pole. :lol:

7. underdog

Haha.. I actually did think of that.. :lol:

8. Drops

Drops Vaporist

Then my evil plan worked. :science:

9. 420Birth

420Birth Vaporist - Member #420

Still using my PD from 2009, but this week the heating core has dropped some more, so it wobbles around much more. The unit has actually gone cold on me a few times. I'm up to 3 retaining clips now, is there a max? I think I have one more laying around, but it may be time to consider a replacement. I'd want another simple log type, so it looks like an UD may be a good choice. Trying to read through this site and find the differences, good and bad, between the two.

I think my favorite thing about the PD is that I use it once daily, a stem can last two days, and I can make an 1/8th last a solid 6 months. I'd like to maintain that efficiency.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    KidFated., Madcap79, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  10. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

The UD is a great choice! It will conserve your meds for just as long in my opinion. You can use the same style stem as well.

11. underdog

There's no max to how many clips you can use but as it settles lower and lower it'll compact the wires more and more and eventually lead to a broken or shorted one. Twisting/rotating will cause the same but faster (just a heads-up). :2c:

KidFated., cycleb, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  12. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Well-Known Member

So just want to stop in again. It's been about 8 years since I got my PD - still works although I don't use it as often as many of you and it doesnt move much. It's fun to have, and the whole story behind Purple Days with Tom and Pam is really wonderful. Thanks again for all the memories!

[​IMG]

AJS, Logic, HengefulOne and 13 others like this.
  13. Waldorulez

Waldorulez Well-Known Member

Omg The purple days lives

lwien, RUDE BOY, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Not just lives, but THRIVES! I pull mine out and fire it up from time to time, great vape, good history. Too bad they are no more. Same can be said of ThermoVape I think. Two very novel and useful vapes, made by small American companies in a 'craftsman like' way.

OF

Logic, lwien, RUDE BOY and 5 others like this.
  15. Waldorulez

Waldorulez Well-Known Member

Remember when purple days an aromazap an mflb ruled the form

jeffp, Vitolo, vapirtoo and 5 others like this.
  16. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Yyyyup, and when the MFLB was called just the LB.

Wonder how Tom and Pammy are doin'.

RUDE BOY, Logic, Waldorulez and 7 others like this.
  17. Logic

Logic Old Skool Member ‘10

Does anyone still use their Purple Days? It’s my daily driver to this day. Easily the richest, most dense, flavorful clouds I’ve ever gotten out of a vaporizer. It’s too bad Tom and Pammy closed shop and they are no longer being lovingly made...

underdog, jeffp, RUDE BOY and 3 others like this.
  18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I use mine from time to time, but not in the last six months or so. I set it up and use it until I go back to Solo, Vapman, F2 and other favorites.

Now that you've planted the seed, I'll probably dig it out soon. FWIW I like to set it up in the garden and run it on a battery pack. Since they are no more, I tend to use it sparingly and not leave it on '24/7'. I guess there are other 'stem vapes', but I too feel an attachment to PD.

OF

underdog, Logic, jeffp and 3 others like this.
  19. underdog

I think there's quiet a few people out there still using them on the regular based on how many we've rebuilt for people over the years. :2c:

RUDE BOY, SSVUN~YAH, Logic and 2 others like this.
  20. Logic

underdog, you guys make some amazing log vapes and will definitely be my next one for sure! That, and the Heat Island. So you guys can recreate the original Purple Days wood housing with the PD stamp and all if mine were to get damaged, or basically make a PD clone? That would be so awesome.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  21. underdog

Thanks man, we're here whenever you're ready for a Dog. :cheers:

As far as PD rebuilds go we can do them as 'stock' as possible with original style body shape and finish with resistor heating elements to souped up ones with fancier bodies, welded together cores and SS Underdog heaters installed. We can't/won't/don't reproduce Tom's PD logo though, that was his trademark and artist maker-mark so we don't feel it's cool to copy.

Adobewan, boon, Vitolo and 3 others like this.
  22. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Way to be real, @underdog !
    Much respect to you.

23. Logic

Yes, sir. I second that! Didn’t really think that one through when I popped the question, my apologies! Wouldn’t want to tarnish their legacy in any way. :)

SSVUN~YAH, Vitolo and underdog like this.
  24. underdog

Thanks Vito, right back atcha!

:cheers: No need to apologise man and I hope you didn't feel my response was negative or directed badly towards you, certainly wasn't intended to be like that. We try and do our own thing while simultaneously supporting other artists in the industry.. hard line to walk sometimes. ☮️

25. Logic

Not at all, underdog! It didn’t come across that way, no worries! Makes perfect sense, though, and I should have thought about it is all. Sometimes, I’m just hard on myself. :)

SSVUN~YAH, Vitolo, OF and 1 other person like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors