Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
weedemon said:
no tracking number here, just the email telling me it has shipped.

"Your Order shipped out today, via U.S.P.S. First Class Mail. We sent a Maintenance and Warranty sheet that you need to read. It was wrapped around your Purple-Days. It explains how to maintain your Purple-Days and some Warranty information... "

no mention of a tracking number for me.

When did you order cuz I haven't received any word yet.

Madcap79,

Purple-Days

Ash, I tried not to single you out (by putting your name on the quote, as you aren't the first to bring this up, and won't be the last), and I don't doubt what you say, but there is a known placebo effect. And as I also pointed out a learning curve which may very well be the reason for a perceived "break-in" period with any vape of this sort, regardless of wood moisture content at the outset.

Pammy is very sensitive to temperature, and I have made her an armful of vapes, in a variety of woods (all KD) and she has reported no similar "break-in" with any Purple-Days she has used, including ones produced before the second KD op. was standard. Not saying it's not there, not saying it's not possible, just giving the facts, that the PD starts out as KD and goes through another KD operation before assembly. I'm saying Residual Moisture is not a factor in the P-D.

+++

Weedmon, if you need information on your shipment information, contact Pammy, the forum is hardly a place to exchange purchase specific information. She can give you info, but only if she knows who you are... BTW we do not provide tracking numbers, in your case it's Customs Numbers to Canada residents.

Purple-Days,

Madcap79

Sorry, that was my assumption that there was a tracking number and it doesn't matter if I receive one. I was just trying to get a feel when I can expect mine. I have a problem of getting antsy when I'm waiting for something I really want. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just received my email and I have a big smile on my face! Thanks!

Madcap79,

weedemon

enthusiast
as you got your mail now it doesn't really matter, but i ordered min on the 6th. :p

congrats!;)

weedemon,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
ThCombustion said:
Hey guys. I'm able to get the PD to work well with a bong, but I can' get the vapor tubes to give me hardly anything. I know this has been covered before, just hoping for a few quick tips. I think my problem may be draw related.

Inhaling with and without the bong require different speed, rhythm and force - it's very hard to describe verbally but you just kind of have to play around with it til you get it.
Without the bong start with little puffs that you blow right out just to get the vapor flowing. Of course make sure you have your weed dry and ground before doing anything.
It's possible that you may have to dry your herb and grind it finer to get any action going.

jeffp,

Madcap79

weedemon said:
as you got your mail now it doesn't really matter, but i ordered min on the 6th. :p

congrats!;)

Indeed. Congrats to you as well. I cannot describe how excited I am. Sad I know.....

Madcap79,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
For any PD head who might end up with a VXC at some point, using a 14mm to 18mm adapter in conjunction with the HydraTube is pretty fun. Just got done doing about 6 or 7 in a row, and as soon as i get done typing this, im going back for more. Cheers

IAmKrazy2,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sounds like fun! I think this combination is in my near future. I need to get married again to find a wife that will tell me to stop buying new vapes. :lol:

Stu,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It has likely been mentioned before, but what is the most stems anyone has used in one day? Anyone actually keep track? I never have.

Wondering what the possible record number of stems used in one day. 50? 100? Whatever it is, i think i just might try and beat it. :D

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Purple-Days said:
Ash, I tried not to single you out (by putting your name on the quote, as you aren't the first to bring this up, and won't be the last), and I don't doubt what you say, but there is a known placebo effect. And as I also pointed out a learning curve which may very well be the reason for a perceived "break-in" period with any vape of this sort, regardless of wood moisture content at the outset.

Pammy is very sensitive to temperature, and I have made her an armful of vapes, in a variety of woods (all KD) and she has reported no similar "break-in" with any Purple-Days she has used, including ones produced before the second KD op. was standard. Not saying it's not there, not saying it's not possible, just giving the facts, that the PD starts out as KD and goes through another KD operation before assembly. I'm saying Residual Moisture is not a factor in the P-D.

+++

Weedmon, if you need information on your shipment information, contact Pammy, the forum is hardly a place to exchange purchase specific information. She can give you info, but only if she knows who you are... BTW we do not provide tracking numbers, in your case it's Customs Numbers to Canada residents.

I know from experience that all my PD's run at a slight higher temp then when i got them, I didn't have the learning curve to push through on them either. I also, have had 3 PD's plugged in almost 24/7 for the last year plus, with few exceptions. This may be a factor in temp., but the difference is quite noticeable IMO. Currently, my Ash PD is at the perfect temp., with my Cherry and Walnut a little bit higher.

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
lwien said:
One !! Beat that !!! :)

You really have never done even two or three lwien? Would you just be too medicated? How long does that buzz last? Do you only medicate at night? Man, the PD is amazing. One stem.

IAmKrazy2,

Nycdeisel

I think its just the heat retained and how it becomes warmer over time when left on constantly.

I dont know exactly, but I imagine the most I have done to myself in one day would be somewhere between 5 and 10 stems.

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
My walnut is on the cool side I believe. I have gotten into the habit of putting a wool sock on it for a few minutes before I use it. As much as I really love my PD, it might go away once the Cloud comes out.

I use my PD in my bedroom before bed, and I think the Cloud would medicate me better for pain relief and sleep. I don't know, maybe not. It's going to be a few months before they start shipping, so I am certainly keeping the PD for at least a while longer, hehe.

Tstat,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Tstat said:
My walnut is on the cool side I believe. I have gotten into the habit of putting a wool sock on it for a few minutes before I use it. As much as I really love my PD, it might go away once the Cloud comes out.

I use my PD in my bedroom before bed, and I think the Cloud would medicate me better for pain relief and sleep. I don't know, maybe not. It's going to be a few months before they start shipping, so I am certainly keeping the PD for at least a while longer, hehe.

The Cloud is amazing, believe me. But nothing will replace my PDs. Even if I rip a few from the cloud first, always nice to have a PD close to graze and maintain IMO.

They are simply two very diffrent vapes with two very diffrent purposes. They are both top knotch at what they do, but are really apples and oranges

IAmKrazy2,

Nycdeisel

You are very right Iamkrazy, totally different IMO in a lot of ways. one cant replace the other. they each fill their niche.

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I agree and understand that. For me, it's more about WHEN I use certain vapes. The MFLB is always my on-the-go vape, of course. And my EQ is what I use during the day while working. I have been thinking I need a heavier hitter for my nightime usage than my PD.

Believe me, I love it and will probably never part with it- it's just that I don't see it getting usage at night if I move the Cloud into the bedroom. So, yea, I understand that all vapes are different and can accomplish different things. I would never think to compare a PD to a Cloud- or any other vape for that matter. For me, it's about when I use a vape and how well that particular vapes fits into my schedule.

Tstat,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Tstat said:

Don't forget..... with a 18mm-14mm reducer you can use your PD with your Hydra Tubes :brow:

CombustionJunction,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Aha! I see... the PD hangs out in the bedroom with my bubbler, but is still a little lonely. The Cloud could move in with the PD, but I would need reducers going both ways to truly interchange the glass.

Not sure if the wife will let me keep all that on the dresser. Actually I know she won't, hehe. She doesn't mind the PD because it is cool looking and doesn't look like a vaporizer (ie. my EQ). Same with the bubbler- it isn't a giant bong looking thing, so it's cool.

Decisions, decisions...

Tstat,

weedemon

enthusiast
guess what i got in the mail today? :D

plugged it in and will report back in an hour!

it's a gorgeous piece of wood and feels great in the hand! pics to follow as well ;)

weedemon,

Madcap79

weedemon said:
guess what i got in the mail today? :D

plugged it in and will report back in an hour!

it's a gorgeous piece of wood and feels great in the hand! pics to follow as well ;)

Awesome. Can't wait to get the review. I'm hoping mine arrives tomorrow. :D

Madcap79,

weedemon

enthusiast
ok I spent the night getting to know the PD unit.

I have been using the SSV (with concentrates) for the last 2+ weeks now and I can feel my tolerance has taken a hit, so bare in mind that while I write this review.

I ordered a Walnut unit with bison leather bottom unit on the 6th of march, I received it on my doorstep on may the 3rd. The wait was worth it, I had time to read this entire thread! :o

Looks: This device is a work of art! I love how it looks and feels in my hands. It is a very smooth, well finished wood. I cannot feel any rough areas at all, nor on the edges. I personally get that "woodshop/furniture factory smell of the wood " I remember from my past. The grain of the wood is beautiful and I think anyone with an appreciation for nature will get it when they looks at one up close.

Efficiency: Given the volume of the bowl, this thing blows my mind! it stretches out my weed a long way! I was doing stems of 3 different types and because the bowl is so small it is easy to get to try many individual strains rather quickly. Abv at the end is almost all brown with a tint of green here and there. I suspect if i wanted though I could put this through the volcano later on. I also read that there is a "warming in" period so this could well change later.

Taste: 1st rip: this one is a big one! i take a long haul to begin and then i am varying my inhale speed from none to med hard.all this over a 30 second period or so. I find the first 2 hoots through the stems are mighty tasty! (esp that first one!) After that while I am still getting vapor, the taste aspect begins to diminish quickly.

Operation:
After reading this thread here I think I had that down from the get go. Angle it the first time, hit it and from then on it's your call. :p for the first hit I held it slightly upright even. The warmth you feel when you hold the unit is very nice too. The heat source is recessed and I have not had to worry about burning myself at all so far. The only thing I need to remember is the weed in the stem can fall out and I need to be more careful handling the stems.

I used it as an aromatherapy device too and the cedar oil I put in it smelled amazing! :) gonna do fir tree today.

Final thoughts: This is one classy looking unit! I can totally see leaving it out as an aromatherapy device in it's "down time". The taste given from the vapor is thick and tasty. The restricted airflow reminds me of mflb technique but you can be more forceful than with the mflb. For me to reach the level my high that I am looking for I need about 4-5 fresh stems I am finding, but I am switching it up between strains each time so it has been fun to try each one and judge taste so quick and directly. I can see this becoming time consuming however. I think I may not retire my SSV so quickly, as I can use that to get to where I want to be quickly and then maintain throughout the evening/day using the PD. All in all a very nice addition to my arsenal! I can use the PD to lower my tolerance back down too I suspect.

On a side note I am totally loving how I can have a stem of this type then a different stem of that other. This is really fun!

i don't normally feel compelled to name my possessions, but i have decided to name him Wally. :D

weedemon,

Madcap79

Got my Myrtle PD today. It is warming as we speak. Can;t wait to use it. It is beautiful and very unique imho. Thanks Tom and Pammy for the customer service and the great product. Time to try it out! :D

Madcap79,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I was lucky enough to pick up this PD from Tree City on the sell your vape thread here.

I just vaped my first stem, so this is just my initial impression, but I can attest to what others have already posted here about the taste and the ridiculous efficiency. I'm glad to finally have a PD in my collection and am looking forward to getting to know her better.
pd3r.jpg

pd4p.jpg

Thanks Tom and Pammy and special thanks to Tree City!

:peace:

Stu,

Nycdeisel

woot! looks sweet! looks like ya got a good deal there, Stu :D

hope you enjoy it for many years to come! Im digging that grain pattern too.

p.s: you should get some Buzz Butter for it! if you didn't get any with it

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom