Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

fail

A stupid question on power supplies:

I am looking for a power supply for my international Pandora Kit.
Found two power supplies in my power supply collection.

The question is which one is better:
1) Made in Taiwan ARESCOM 12V ~ 2000mA
2) Made in Germany EVER GLOW 12V ~ 1000mA

The German one has a note "For IEC 950 only", don't know what they mean.

fail,

fail

t00fatt said:
I had made a thread about this a couple years back over at the cannabis.com vape forums, no one could understand why I would even bother go through the hassle of saving my condensed vapor. I was so turned off by their blatant ignorance, I haven't really felt the need to share again. What I do is quite simple really, I just follow the canacapules recipe over at cannabis.com, which is hands down the most efficient way to cook with herb or hash. I take 3 grams of shake, make honey oil from it, then I can yield about 15+/- very potent capsules. I much prefer cooking with hash oils instead of raw buds, it allows for smaller more dense hits. Here is a shot of how I used to collect my condensed vapor with my herbalaire, still the same now just replace the herbalaire piece with a PD stem.
I am not sure that smoking that residue is a smart thing.
As some of you might know, THC and other cannabinols are getting oxidized while naturally exposed to air, the oxidation process is rapidly accelerated when exposed to heat.

Did a search on the net to find some references, found a good article you shold read:
http://geekunderground.org/misc/thc_isom.txt

Again, that residue is smokable and has a relative potency, but a fresh bud and hash oil are much better option in terms of quality.

fail,

t00fatt

fail said:
I am not sure that smoking that residue is a smart thing.
As some of you might know, THC and other cannabinols are getting oxidized while naturally exposed to air, the oxidation process is rapidly accelerated when exposed to heat.

Did a search on the net to find some references, found a good article you shold read:
http://geekunderground.org/misc/thc_isom.txt

Again, that residue is smokable and has a relative potency, but a fresh bud and hash oil are much better option in terms of quality.
Please forgive my arrogance, but do you have a basic understanding of chemistry? Did you even read the information you posted? Firstly, who said anything about smoking the condensed vapor? I know I didn't, I only cook with it. Are you trying to imply that smoking condensed vapor that has sat and oxidized is harmful for you? The article speaks nothing like that, oxidation only deteriorates THC into a non-biologically active form (reduces potency).

If you would have read the information you would have seen oxidation only occurred rapidly at temperatures around 80c for d1-THC. However in an alcohol solution after 75 days there was no deterioration. And d1-THC is THC in its naturally formed state btw, not after it has been vaporized and condensed then collected.

From my very limited understanding, condensed vapor has been changed into d1(6)-THC or similar isomer. This is the isomer of THC the article talks about. You'll notice d1(6)-THC suffered ZERO deterioration from the same exposure to heat and air unlike d1-THC. The article even says, and I quote " d1(6)-THC is an isomer with significantly more heat stability, and approximately equivalent biological activity.

I think this is also very important to sate,"This is why boiling d^1-THC or THC containing material in an appropriate (see below) solvent with catalytic amounts of an appropriate (see below) acid, will bring about isomerization to d^1(6)-THC"

The isomer d1(6)-THC (condensed vapor) is much more stable than its naturally occurring state. Which goes completely against what you said in your post. You basically said condensed vapor will oxidize much quicker than say honey oil. When it is the other way around when exposed to heat. Please if you want to use information to make a "point" please actually use the information.

Also this article clearly indicates a lot of heat (80c)is necessary for the rapid oxidation, at room temperature oxidation may not even occur, but Im sure it does at a very slow rate. What you really need to be concerned with it not oxidation, but exposure to UV light. One purpose of THC is to protect the plant from strong UV light, THC absorbs the UV light degrading it.

I still don't understand how that article made you come to the conclusion that smoking THC or an of its isomers can be harmful, as the article states nothing like that.

EDIT: Also you speak of honey or other forms of hash being a "better quality". I'm going to have to assume by better quality you mean more pure and less contaminates . Well any solvent extraction method such as butane, alcohols, acetone etc etc. will leave a trace of contaminants extracted from the plant, or possible even left from the solvent. Whereas extraction through heat, will leave some goods behind but can yield a purer end product. That is not to say honey or iso oil is laced with contaminates , I'm just saying it extracts a bit more than just the resins we love, especially iso oil hence the black dark green coloring. Honey oil is much more pure, and is possibly very close to condensed vapor. This is more or less opinion so you can take it or leave, but at least let it soak in the mind for a bit.

t00fatt,

fail

t00fatt said:
Please forgive my arrogance, but do you have a basic understanding of chemistry? Did you even read the information you posted? Firstly, who said anything about smoking the condensed vapor? I know I didn't, I only cook with it. Are you trying to imply that smoking condensed vapor that has sat and oxidized is harmful for you? The article speaks nothing like that, oxidation only deteriorates THC into a non-biologically active form (reduces potency)...
you are doing it wrong...

fail,

t00fatt

Am I? Well then please by all means defend your point. I'm no chemist, and I really have no credibility in said field. Something tells me, the same can be said for you...

EDIT: If you would like me to simplfy how your previous statement was wrong lets forget everything I said about the isomer d1(6)-THC.

Simply put, you said buds and traditional forms of hash are much better "quality". Since your talking about how condensed vapor oxidizes, and I should instead smoke bud or hash, it can be taken that buds do not oxidize. Which the first few paragraphs are talking about THC in its naturally occurring state does in fact oxidize when exposed to heat and air(whereas its isomer DOES NOT). How does this exempt bud from oxidation? I really don't think you even understood the article. This is what I think...Your selective perception just perceived your already pre-existing bias, and did not contribute to your conclusion in any objective way.

Am I still doing it wrong? Possibly...

EDIT: To your post below, I'm not the one who brought it up am I? You made a blatantly ignorant response, to my posts that were very much relevant. And my posts above were necessary to expose what you said is wrong. Your post may have scared a few people away from saving their condensed vapor, which is wrong. I must say, I find your responses to be quite entertaining.

t00fatt,

fail

t00fatt said:
Am I? Well then please by all means defend your point. I'm no chemist, and I really have no credibility in said field. Something tells me, the same can be said for you...

EDIT: If you would like me to simplfy how your previous statement was wrong lets forget everything I said about the isomer d1(6)-THC.

Simply put, you said buds and traditional forms of hash are much better "quality". Since your talking about how condensed vapor oxidizes, and I should instead smoke bud or hash, it can be taken that buds and traditional forms of hash do not oxidize. Which the first few paragraphs are talking about THC in its naturally occurring state does in fact oxidize when exposed to heat and air(whereas its isomer DOES NOT). How does this exempt bud and hash from oxidation? I really don't think you even understood the article. This is what I think...Your selective perception just perceived your already pre-existing bias, and did not contribute to your conclusion in any objective way.
This is not relevant to Purple-Days Experience

fail,

lwien

t00fatt, I don't think that English is fail's primary language (correct me if I'm wrong, fail), and if that's the case, it sounds like something may be lost in translation here, eh?

lwien,

t00fatt

lwien said:
t00fatt, I don't think that English is fail's primary language (correct me if I'm wrong, fail), and if that's the case, it sounds like something may be lost in translation here, eh?
If that is the case then I do apologize, but maybe he should state that when trying to make factual statements. Don't get me wrong, I feel very strongly everyone has the right to express their views and opinions. I only persisted because it was stated as cold hard fact, and even linked to an article which says quite the opposite of what he proposed. I do apologize if you feel that I'm attacking you fail, that is not the case. I just can't stand by and watch false information being giving out as fact, which happens far to often on message boards made up entirely of stoners. For some reason the pot makes us feel we have cognitive abilities that just aren't there, which I am of course guilty of as well.

t00fatt,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Finally got to try my glass PD stem last evening. Absolutely love it. Vapor is cooler, can take much larger hits.... can take hits almost as big as the ones I get when I use my PD with my RooR.

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Last night I found myself vaping every bowl with the glass piece... didn't even touch my original PP tubes. Goes great with the Pandora, which is a bit warmer than my original. Gets rid of the slight harshness I encountered.
I definitely want one of the bubblers as well....
Clear Dome is definitely going to be busy with these items.... I think every PD owner should have at least one glass accessory.

DevoTheStrange,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I am definitely going to order a glass stem when I hit it lucky and see availability. The clarity and coolness must be sublime.

jeffp,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I also love watching the vapor flow through it.... you can tell how strong or weak you are hitting it... No more doing it only by feel and taste, seeing it helps a lot. Which is why I was using a bong.

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
Really takes the heat off your tongue, and seems to avoid the 'bowl is done' taste as well. My straight one is 8"+, and I'm thinking of trying one 6.5-7" next. Highly recommended. :tup:

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
To get one, it's just a matter of checking Cd's site to see when more are available?

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah, he's restocking glass and/or PD tips. http://www.etsy.com/shop/revolverre

See what he's got or put in a special order. I ordered a straight one off his ETSY shop, and also special ordered an angled tube. The angled tube is perfect for holding the vape upright in front of you.

max,

t00fatt

I know I'm going to get myself CD's bubbler when it's ready, now I'm thinking I'll add a glass stem as well. Sounds like the glass does in fact have benefits, I'd love to see the vapor flowing down the tube too :brow:.

t00fatt,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice ClearDome glass, max. :brow:

It's amazing how versatile these little vapes are, you can puff on it like a joint using the standard vapor tubes, hit a bong, or use one of CD's longer glass vapor tubes like a whip. Everything works so well... now we just need to make some mini bags. :lol: I never thought I'd use a PD with water filtration but it's so much fun to hit with little bongs, especially using the whip rippers. Makes a great hand warmer too.

I know that Tom titled this thread with Hendrix in mind, but the Purple-Days has really become an experience unto itself. There's a reason this is by far the longest and most viewed thread on FC. Anything similar is simply a compromise.

I still have my fingers crossed that that missing shipment turns up somehow. I'm sure many of us will keep an eye out for PDs up on ebay, etc.

This bowl's for you, Tom. :tup:

vtac,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
max said:

See what he's got or put in a special order. I ordered a straight one off his ETSY shop, and also special ordered an angled tube. The angled tube is perfect for holding the vape upright in front of you.

[url]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/57/il430xn129566774.th.jpg[/url]
Hey since you have one that is shaped just like mine... Have you had to clean yours yet? any tricks on how you clean it? I am having difficulty getting all the build up out of mine. Only had it a week so far and have had quite a considerable amount of build up. Only been able to get the 2/3rds closest to the mouthpiece clean, even with an over night soak. The part right behind the bowl is just stubborn and doesnt want to clean.
So just short of taking the screen out, any idea on how to reach those areas.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Let's all drop the lost package thing, please.
A) Daily reminders of the loss (a couple of grand) aren't so fun.
B) Just because a PD goes up for sale doesn't mean it's a 'lost' PD...
^^^ the one listed above is a perfectly legit example of that. I can assure you that
is a used PD. (something happened to a couple of posts while I wrote this, good ;) )
C) Even if someone starts selling multiple 'new' PDs, I don't care. It doesn't affect my
karma, and I would not pursue them.

The 'lost' units were re-made and shipped USPS Priority Mail, directly to Vapenow who will re-ship them to Amazon (I suppose). All future units will follow the same path, much more expensive for us, but . . . NO UPS . . . and NO AMAZON (for us). This method will continue till the current orders are filled and will add several days to the shipping process, something I dislike, but it is the only way for us to protect ourselves.

+++++++++

New on the horizon. :D Folks are always asking about other wood species. As you might have seen on our Customer Photos (http://purple-days.com/CustomerPhotos.html) page we have used many other woods in the past.

Walnut seems to be a particular favorite of our customers who want a different wood. Ash is another distinct, renewable North American hardwood that folks really like, several friends have one. And for anybody, who knows anything about musical instruments (think Stratocaster), Alder is going to be a great choice.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Ooooo.............ooooooo.........(in typical "Car 54, Where are You" fashion)

Custom woods are back. Nice !!

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
all I gotta say is. . . . Whoo Hoooo... now I'm going to have to get me a third PD.... are the Pandora's going to be offered in different woods as well? Wouldn't mind building me another one without hammering my fingers.

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
DevoTheStrange said:
max said:

[url]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/57/il430xn129566774.th.jpg[/url]
Hey since you have one that is shaped just like mine... Have you had to clean yours yet? any tricks on how you clean it? I am having difficulty getting all the build up out of mine. Only had it a week so far and have had quite a considerable amount of build up. Only been able to get the 2/3rds closest to the mouthpiece clean, even with an over night soak. The part right behind the bowl is just stubborn and doesnt want to clean.
So just short of taking the screen out, any idea on how to reach those areas.
I cleaned both of ours (angled and straight) before using, but haven't since. I was thinking last night that I should clean again. First time I just added some ISO and shook 'em up. I can see where the bowl area would be hard to get clean. The AIW bowl for the Vapolution has a somewhat similar shape to CD's angled tube design, and I never could completely get the brown stain out of that one. That does get hotter than a PD tube though, since it goes down into the heating chamber. Hopefully, the PD tubes won't get that bad. So far my straight tube looks consistent, top to bottom, as far as the condensation residue, and the angled tube has seen a little less use. I guess time will tell, as far as how well mine will clean up. The angled tubes are going to be harder to deal with, I think. If you can find a test tube brush that's long enough to clean the whole tube, it'll be hard to get one to go through that bend in the glass near the bowl. I would think the best way to keep them clean would be frequent cleaning, to avoid buildup.

max,
Top Bottom