Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah... that is what I was thinking as well, frequent cleanings. I was also pondering trying to find long pipe cleaners, since they are more flexible than tube brushes. Use it in a similar fashion as a plumbers snake.

DevoTheStrange,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
New on the horizon. biggrin Folks are always asking about other wood species. As you might have seen on our Customer Photos (http://purple-days.com/CustomerPhotos.html) page we have used many other woods in the past.

Walnut seems to be a particular favorite of our customers who want a different wood. Ash is another distinct, renewable North American hardwood that folks really like, several friends have one. And for anybody, who knows anything about musical instruments (think Stratocaster), Alder is going to be a great choice.
Custom woods are back. Nice !!
Maybe i am reading this wrong, but don't see where Tom says he is offering these again. Am i nuts?

IAmKrazy2,

Purple-Days

Krazy, you are right, I am not offering them now. 'On the horizon', means soon.

Alder is the Guitar Wood.
Ash is the Slugger Wood.
Black Walnut the Black Sheep.

They will all be available as Pandora Kit woods soon along with Cherry.

Original PDs will be available as always in Cherry (only).

The woods are on the way from our usual supplier. KD and high quality just like the Cherry we get, I am certain. It's great to deal with these folks, another family operation. And Pammy ordered another load of vapor tip material today, another USA supplier doing biz since 1932.

It's such a pleasure to keep the biz USA supplied and made in USA too. :cool:

Purple-Days,

elhoel

hate to bother but uhhh....

what's all this honey stuff about? i dont get it

do people collect it and eat it? or are you supposed to burn it?(vape it)

and wuts up with the pills? lol

also tom, whats up with the soap in the background? lol

elhoel,

baurman

I looked on eBay and there's a Purple Days up there, but the price is ridiculous. It's like $220+ already. I'd love to purchase it from there, but I also noticed that the warranty is voided if not purchased from VapeNow. Decisions, decisions...

baurman,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
just shows ya what people are willing to pay not to wait.
if you don't mind putting one together you can always order the Pandora PD kit, only 150 and a 2-4 week wait. However you would run into the same no warranty problem. But, if you follow the instructions to the letter, you really shouldn't have any problems.

DevoTheStrange,

baurman

I would've loved to get the Pandora Kit, however, when I read about Soldering... I quickly turned away :(
I wouldn't be the right person to build something that involves soldering. It would be a nice project though, I wonder if I could get one of my friends to build it for me. Does the Pandora Kit also take about 4 hours to complete?

baurman,

jasonjohnson

I ordered my PD on the 27 of January....

Do you guys think it will arrive WITHIN the MONTH OF APRIL ?

I guess they don't want anybody emailing the company about orders placed.
anybody order an original lately ...... care to share ?

modnote: Please visit the Purple-Days Availability thread.

THANKs a bunch!

I didn't know what to do with this "DONT ASK DON'T TELL PD POLICY" lol

jasonjohnson,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
I know the PD is one of the most reliable vapes do to it's simplistic nature but none the less I couldn't help
but wonder about the typical life expectancy for one of these bad boys. Assuming they stay on 24/7, would anyone care to shed some light on this?... That is, if any have ever had their lives ended. ;)

HighSti,

sour

HighSti said:
I know the PD is one of the most reliable vapes do to it's simplistic nature but none the less I couldn't help
but wonder about the typical life expectancy for one of these bad boys. Assuming they stay on 24/7, would anyone care to shed some light on this?... That is, if any have ever had their lives ended. ;)
I remember reading that there were no known failures yet.

sour,

acidcore8

I heard that the unit wasn't that great for big groups of people because the unit gets cooled down after using it for a while. After how long of vaping does this start to happen? How long do you have to wait until you can continue using it. Can someone elaborate for me on the issue. I'm wondering because I have long sessions sometimes. I've heard a lot of good things about the Purple Days so I'm probably going to try to get one since I'm big on efficiency.

Thanks

acidcore8,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
sour said:
I remember reading that there were no known failures yet.
Now that is impressive. Assuming they have been around a few years and people still have the first units in functional condition. I'm so excited for my pandora :D

HighSti,

sour

Yea man I have a feeling you'll love it. It's my first and only vape and I love it.. I don't have anything to compare it to but I do have an eye for craftsmanship, this vape is high quality. being wood it just looks better than all the others with their metal, glass and plastics. did you hear pandora kits are going to be available in different woods? if they aren't already that is.

my purple is from the house wood, american cherry

sour,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
sour said:
Yea man I have a feeling you'll love it. It's my first and only vape and I love it.. I don't have anything to compare it to but I do have an eye for craftsmanship, this vape is high quality. being wood it just looks better than all the others with their metal, glass and plastics. did you hear pandora kits are going to be available in different woods? if they aren't already that is.

my purple is from the house wood, american cherry
yeah, Tom plans to make the new variety of woods available sometime in the near future. I've owned a few vapes and seen many others. I've seen a couple MZ's which are similar to the PD and also of high quality but for some reason tom's ROHS precautions, different heating element idea and overall craftsmanship has got me very enthusiatic about this vape. I'm also excited to build my own so I have something that is that much more special. I'm glad to hear everyone has had a good experience with this vape. I should be ordering next week sometime! :D

HighSti,

sour

Yea HighSti that is exciting! if the pandora were available when I ordered my purple days i'd have gotten that, I love building stuff. rohs precautions were the deciding factor for me in choosing mz or pd eventhough there were other trivial reasons. im no health freak but if someone goes out of their way to design a safer and smarter product, then they've got my attention. a bit of damage control is always good right?

It's cool to me how this style vape; pd, mz, etc. appeal to the veteran vaporist and the new vaporist alike. most of my friends who got their first vape went for the Volcano or the box style vapes. apparently some of which decided they didn't really enjoy vaping as much as they thought. hmm

sour,

Frickr

Purple-Days said:
"I remember reading that there were no known failures yet"

I haven't said that. :cool:
Tom, in the far future, in the event you wouldnt be able to repair the unit, would the customer be able to repair the unit themselves? as there is only a few points that could fail (wires dissconnecting, resistor burning out, the power jack breaking in some way) and these parts could be obtained through many differant channels, what sort of work would be involved in trouble shooting and repairing the pd?

Frickr,

Purple-Days

I think that's where the Pandora Kit makes sense. Sorta the teach a man to fish idea.

And, now that everybody knows how to do it . . . ;) Look for more pictures and previews on the Pandora Page http://purple-days.com/Pan1.html (when I get time)

I do the operations that need special tools, like a lathe or special drill bits, cutters, flaring tools, and a 'few' others. And I gather the RoHS compliant parts and accessories.

And a couple of years of building experience condensed to a data DVD, captioned pictures, videos and printable text, trying to make it as simple as possible.

The heart of this style vape is the resistor. They are very robust and reliable. And our bench test is very stringent. A couple have been 'broken'. I know of one Purple-Days that has failed for no apparent reason . :shrug:

Wood can fail, but that is common to soft woods. Cherry and the other woods we use are Kiln Dried and stable from a reliable woodworkers source then heat tested the PD way. :cool:

Purple-Days,

baurman

How many hours on average does it take someone trying to complete building the PD for the first time using the Pandora Kit?

baurman,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
baurman said:
How many hours on average does it take someone trying to complete building the PD for the first time using the Pandora Kit?
4 hours... if you take your time and double check all your work.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

I ran into a different sort of website visitor counter. Its called Flag counter and we put it up on the site 4 days ago and have been amazed at the places that visit us. A hit from Antarctica tops them all. If you visit our website and click on the Flag counter you can see what country each flag represents. A click on any of those countries and you can read interesting background on the country. Neat-O !
2a7a8lk.jpg

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom