Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

1z3p2ix.jpg

King of the Heap #1. Best guess so far.

That's his new Cherry Stash going out in the mail. :cool:

Get your entry in, plenty of time, beat his guess and be the new King of the Heap.

Best guess standing on 4-20-2010 wins the big prize.

Purple-Days,

tomitface

hey guys. i know it's been covered on here before, and forgive me for not skimming through the hundreds of pages before i ask this question, but i am hoping for a quick answer so i can hit stores while there still open....im looking for a bong attachment for the PD and i would like to know the measurement specs required to get the vapor tube to sit in place.

btw, ive had my PD for about two months now, and this thing is simply fantastic...i mean i really can't say enough good things about this product that havent been said before. Thanks Tom and Pammy!

tomitface,

Purple-Days

The distilled image (low res) doesn't show the effort that went into this entry, super-b ... I used to sit at a table and see those circles,
not unfamiliar. It probably would have won an award anyway. :cool:

We are like that. ;) But, say something nice. ;)

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

A short tutorial on the website with links to an LED circuit calculator?

The problem here is that not all LEDs are created equal and need a specific resistor to match the LED to the voltage being used (12V), so you need LED specs to calculate the resistor. Pretty easy, but you also need a diode if you are using AC. Then there is the heat migration issue, which I think I have mitigated somewhat, but it requires extra holes and screws, but if you are drilling for an LED you could drill those too.

Yeah, a basic How-To might be possible. But we are getting away from 'easy to assemble' at that point.

Purple-Days,

tomitface

Thank you tom, would you reccomend then a 12.7 MM bong, or possible something along the lines of 12.8-13 to give fitting room? i swear this will be the last question!

EDIT: I have a feeling possibly even 14mm might be the best fit

tomitface,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey tom , I found a way to make glass/stainless pd stem :) , I have what I need on my way so you should see some picture of the first glass stem soon but if it work I will need some stainless tip so I hope you have plenty of it !!!

Clear_Dome,

Purple-Days

Woot, I have plenty. I was worried that the kiln might be too hot for the stainless, but you must have that covered. :)

Purple-Days,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
That would be so amazing to see or use. I mean, a glass vapor tube on the PD, I think I just came in my pants (sorry for the horrible reference, at least in my opinion I dislike the phrase). I would love to see a picture of the final product if you get around to making one.

The_Other_Shoe,

Purple-Days

Monday we got a new King of the Heap. :) Sorry, I couldn't get a pic up before now.
104p3km.jpg

We might give out a few Honorable Mention prizes too.
2ah6qfn.jpg

Most unusual place for a PD... did you know I follow climbing?
2s1n1qw.jpg

Best use of the Purple-Days theme... and Pammy loves flowers...

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I did not know you followed climbing, but glad you posted my card. If i was up that high, i would need a PD to help calm the old nerves too. Oh yeah, I tried to keep my guess under 2 million this time. :lol:

IAmKrazy2,

oldfart

I purchased my PD last Feb and it has been plugged in 24/7 for the past year. I dont have to tell anyone hear how great it is. I visit the forums everyday. Just have a time typing due to RA in my hands, the PD fits just right.
The only time I was shocked was went I touched my little buddy and it was cold (freaked). It was just the outlet and the converter wasnt tight. Ive enjoyed vapping for 3 years and 47 years before that I combusted. This is so much easer on my lungs who knows with the PD I might be able to vape for another 47 more years lol Ill be 110,be hitting the PD while writing this.
:D:lol::cool:

oldfart,

Mckdenton

The waiting list is the only thing detouring me from buying a PD.
wait, does that make sense?
If i can't have one NOW i don't want one at all.. haha idk
i guess i just hate waiting
but damn i want one. :/

Mckdenton,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'd venture to guess you're still on the young side :) No worries though!! I expect at some point in your life you'll find something that IS worth waiting for. Might not be a PD but something I'm sure. Sometimes the sweetest berry is that left unpicked!

Congrats to the new king of the heap!! Glad to see the postcards are coming in :D ;)

Lo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Send in that postcard MckD and you could win that badass Elk PD :D

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It's worth the wait. And longer. Get a variable temp vape to keep you occupied till the PD arrives, if you have the means. Good one two punch with a E, DBV, SSV, VB... My :2c:

IAmKrazy2,

elhoel

does everyone just leave their PD plugged in?

I know it says its built for that but just curious if most of the pd people do leave it plugged in all the time

elhoel,
Top Bottom