Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
At first I didn't - I was concerned about extending its life expectancy as much as possible, but I do now as I've been informed that it makes no difference. I think it probably EXTENDS its life expectancy to leave it on all the time because you're not constantly plugging and unplugging it which is a form of wear and tear.

jeffp,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
does everyone just leave their PD plugged in?

I know it says its built for that but just curious if most of the pd people do leave it plugged in all the time
Mine has been plugged in for 8 months... the unit just seems like it will never die.

Chubba,

Ash

vaporist
Yep. On all the time, except when we're away on vacation. When we get home, the first thing I do, though, is plug it back in. :)

BTW, while on vacation I picked up a glass mouthpiece I'll be trying out with the PD later on. It is just a clear glass tube with one narrow end and one GONG end, shaped like a sherlock. They are sold as ashcatcher attachements, so you can use your ashcatcher without the bong. I'm just going to stick my PD tube in the GONG end. I think it's gong to give a little more cooling and maybe a bit more laid-back inhale posture. This will also be used with the Vaporstar. The Vaporstar is primarily for those times when I find the PD cold. :uhoh: Ususally due to someone turning of the wall switch. I gotta lock down that wall switch. ;)

Update:
Now I've tried it. I vaped one stem and thoroughly enjoyed it. The vapor is significantly cooler than when vaping naked the posture is very natural. I held the sherlock in my right hand annd held the PD with my left. With a light on next to me I could see the vaor clouding up the stem. Not thick, though like a bong. After lifting off the PD from the stem You can then separate the stem fro the GONG joint by just pushing up with my thumb and index finger. I feel the hits are bigger than naked but not as big as you get by vaping it through a bong (mine is a 10" Delta9 beaker).

The wife just tried it. Her report: I like it. Tastes great. Second hit: Its so nice, it dooesn't make me cough! :)

Ash,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Multiple PD's at this house running 24/7. If i am on vacation, I usually take one with me and unplug the other. Happiness is a warm PD.

IAmKrazy2,

no1_2talk2

jklasd said:
since tom cant officially answer this question in email, ill ask the good people here. i have to ship my unit back to tom, and therefore, im a bit worried about possible traces of mary jane being left behind for detection. what are the chances, if any, of this happening?
after dumping it out & vacuuming it, roll a $10 bill up and slide it down around the heat tube..all our money has residue on it and they would assume the dog is sniffin that bill, tom is a stand up guy from all i've read...i'm sure he would return it w/ your cash back in it.

no1_2talk2,

Ash

vaporist
This setup is now my favorite way to vape. Here are some photos:

The pipe with my PD:

A shot of the stem placed in the pipe:

And here's more or less how I hold it. The thumb and index finger should be level, though:

The vapor is very cool. It doesn't feel hot at all, just a little dry. For me, the position is more comfortable than vaping through a naked stem - easier to watch TV or read FC. Also, the bowl now points straight up so I don't have to worry about crumbs falling in.

Is anyone else using this setup? I highly recommend it. :tup:

Ash,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I've been wanting a setup like that for a little over a month now, hard part is finding that part and having the money when I find it. I wanted one for both my PD and my vaporstar.

DevoTheStrange,

Ash

vaporist
I haven't tried it with the vaporstar yet but I think it will be an improvement over my current VS setup.

I couldn't find one of these PD pipes on-line either. I finally found it for $20 in a head-shop. I'd love to upgrade this to a worked piece of the same dimensions. Maybe a suggestion for Clear Dome?

Ash,

edgar

Just pulled the trigger on the pd and I feel like I made the right choice even with the wait time being so long. Hopefully good things will come to those who wait. Can anyone tell me a good site to get tubing for a bong attachment?
:peace:

edgar,

skillet

I like the tubing from Vapostore, its very flexible and impossible to crease. It also has a bit smaller diameter to create a tight fit on the stem and it fits in the bong perfectly,no adaptor needed.

skillet,

max

Out to lunch
edgar said:
Just pulled the trigger on the pd and I feel like I made the right choice even with the wait time being so long. Hopefully good things will come to those who wait. :peace:
IMO, well worth the wait. Ideally, you'd have another source for vapor while waiting...

Can anyone tell me a good site to get tubing for a bong attachment?
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/search.aspx?search=Silcon tubing&page=1 You can also look at Tygon Tubing on that site. The Silcon brand is a great deal for silicone though.

max,

slick64

Hey Tom,
I ordered my PD on 12/26/09 order # 3610. I have read several posts that mention a list you can check your place in line. Can you tell me where to find this list?
Thanks!

slick64,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
slick64 said:
Hey Tom,
I ordered my PD on 12/26/09 order # 3610. I have read several posts that mention a list you can check your place in line. Can you tell me where to find this list?
Thanks!
thread be here

SSS,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
finaly done ;) but that just a lil begining
DSCF1156.jpg
I have a nasty baby in the kiln right now ! let m know what you think about it !

Clear_Dome,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh my! Stunning!

It is absolutely beautiful!! I love where you're going here.... Can't wait to see more and if you open up a list to sell them down the line - put me down please.

I assume you've test driven?? Please tell us how the PD/Clear Dome Glass experience was??
Curious minds here :) Thanks for sharing. Love seeing your work as usual!

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lwien said:
Is that tin foil holding a brass bowl in the stem?
I believe that it is a successful mating of SS tip with glass. That part that looks like tinfoil I am guessing is actually colored glass.

DevoTheStrange,

NoSmoke

The stem looks like stainless steel to me, I may be wrong but I think thats just glass work not tin foil.

NoSmoke,
Top Bottom