Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

weechway

I am thinking of ordering one of these pieces of art but how long would I have to wait for it to arrive? Am I going to have to wait on a wait list for a while? Any good feedback would be greatly appreciated.

weechway,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Head over to "The Vapor Lounge" weechway, there's a PD thread on waiting times, the mods try to keep those discussions out of this thread.

It seems like ~8 weeks is the wait time currently, give or take a week. Order now and kick back, it will arrive before you know it.

Chubba,

t00fatt

From Vapenow's page.
8/27/2009
THERE IS CURRENTLY A WAIT LIST FOR PURPLE DAYS. ESTIMATED WAIT TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 9+ WEEKS
The wait time is up to 9+ weeks since 8/27, so expect to wait about 9 weeks. It's well worth the wait, so get on the waiting list ASAP, or you will regret it like I did. The time will fly, that is until you get close to that last week :lol:

t00fatt,

pbmagnet4

has anyone ever tried freezing their tubes to get a nice cool hit? or would it somehow be counter productive?

pbmagnet4,

pbmagnet4

Probably would, looking back on my post it seems like a silly question. I got my wisdom teeth surgically removed yesterday and im still a little loopy from these pills, too bad I can smoke either :(

pbmagnet4,

Frickr

i dont think putting the tube in the freezer would have any ill effects.but as soon as you stick the tube in the heat exchanger i think that it will heat up fast enough to cancel out a majority of the cooling effects, as i dont think the plastic will do that good of a job transfering the coolness to the vapor, due to the short path and the thermal properties of plastic. my advice try it out. if it works it works, if not well oh well, it didnt work, didnt hurt anything. personally i would place the tube in a plastic ziplock before placing in the freezer to keep out as much unwanted moisture as possible.

i would assume that if you pack the tube a little looser, as to not have the draw too tight, that you should have no problem vaping while you recover. i hadnt discovered the joys of vaping when i got my wisdomteeth removed, but i smoked the day after i got mine done. i packed the pipe alot lighter to ease on the draw as to not suck out the scabs or whatever it is. cannabis helps alot more then the pills i think.

Frickr,

Qbit

cannabanana
I think vaping should be OK. Just cover your holes with the sides of your tongue as you inhale, allowing for only a thin air stream through the mouth - should be fine.

But if you don't want to vapourize, you can cook some weed in oil, strain it, and toss that down. That's what I did three years ago when I had my wisdoms out (and didn't have a functioning vapourizer).

Qbit,

Purple-Days

Nice logo placement, this guy likes wood too.
9tlffc.jpg

1zwemo8.jpg

WOOF! Werewoof!

Purple-Days,

tuttle

Wow, a whole stack lined up there. If you are comfortable answering, how many do you make in a week (if not feel free to let this post slip into oblivion)? Just curious.

Nice job by your vender. It is nice to have people who care when you hire them to do something.

tuttle,

pbmagnet4

Sorry guys if i wasn't completely clear on my current situation. I have yet to receive my PD and I am patiently waiting :D. In order to pass the time (I ordered it on 10/7, so im expecting to see it sometime December?) ill ask these strange questions I suppose. I did get my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday, but unfortunately i don't want to risk getting any dry socket :/. As far as freezing the tubes would go, I suppose ill just be the first to try :p. Thanks to all who replied to my strange questions, everybody here is so helpful!

pbmagnet4,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
oh wow I forgot how much lighter the cherry is when you get it. Looks like a completly different beast. I still love the fancy walnut ones. Such beautiful wood.
:peace:

minnesnowta,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Purple-Days said:
Yeah, this is a fun project ! We don't know who is who...

Lots of creativity.

:D :2c:

http://purple-days.com/CustomerPhotos.html
Thanks for pointing them out. How cool to have a totally functioning art object. I have art on the walls, and yeah, it kinda gets me high to look at the artwork, but not as high as I get when I use my PD.

As they say, I have an amazing grasp of the obvious.............

macbill,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:) Macbill - you always give me a good chuckle :)

LOVE the logo placement on that one PD... Looks to me like it's the center of the universe there... Way cool!!

Kali is looking too damn cute!! I wonder if she knows how cute she is and uses it to her advantage :) I'd spoil her ROTTEN!!!

So... I have grown so fond of my new PD. This week I received a lovely Billy Bowl and Tube Holder to complete the ensemble :D Thanks to Tom & Pammy my new wooden family looks so nice. I'll have to post a picture... Very nice!!

Lo,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
The tube holders actually do seem like a really useful item, and the billy bowl just looks really nice (as well as useful of course)....wish i'd got them at the time.

Happycamper,

Purple-Days

Our leather supplier, Churchill, cracks me up. He gets odd lots of leather and needs to describe them. Well he 'feels the need' to describe them. This is his description, of some black horse leather he just got into the warehouse... :rofl:

"We don't call this leather Black Gold because of how nice it is. Sure, it's nice, but the name comes from an old racing horse. Maybe this is him...
Horse leather is a by-product of raising horses - no horses are raised just for their leather, so why let it go to waste when your friend, Flicka, makes that weird gurgling sound, turns her eyeballs skyward, and tips over into the raspberry bushes?
Let's make good leather out of the old girl, and wear her around for years.
Fact is, the fibers that make up horse leather are packed tightly together, so it usually doesn't wear out very fast at all."

BTW I meant creative photographers and photos. The PD itself is a tool, not art.

Kali gets spoiled a little. :rolleyes: :D

Yep, the laser guy is a wood guy. We tell him to make his best guess on placement and I am happy with his tastes. He owns the shop where the Billy Bowls and Tube Holders are turned. Nice gift shop on Hwy. 101 with woodworking facilities out back including a bandmill and a kiln and plenty of shop space and tooling.

Uhh, PD quantities. Well each kit takes about 3.5 - 4 hours of work from start to final brown paper wrap. Most workdays are 8-12 hours and I work everyday that something like Doctors or something else doesn't interfere. So 15 - 20 a week, more like 15. People who can't do math probably think that's a lot of money... :cool:

Purple-Days,

t00fatt

Tom what is the OD of the tip of the stem that goes into the PD? I'm rigging something up for when my PD arrives, and would like to have it done before hand. Thanks Tom!

t00fatt,

Purple-Days

If you mean the #5 Polypropylene (meet(s) FDA standards) it's 1/2" rod. I bore and shape the stuff, so the finished end is variable, but less than 1/2" inboard, it's 1/2"... all FDA grade.

BTW the 3/8" ID flexible tube stuff (semi opaque, stretchy stuff), slips over tight but right, vinyl tubing isn't as taste free, or as flexible, but is available at the hardware and cheap to play with. The vinyl stuff isn't stretchy and I don't know what you need (sneak one in the store, try it out, let us know). :cool:

Oops, during edit... got off track. The 304 Stainless Steel tip is 9/32" o.d.

Purple-Days,

t00fatt

Tom I mean the OD of the metal bowl on the tip of the stem. I have a jar with a metal lid I want to drill a hole for the stem to fit through to clear the stem into my jar. Also going to add another small hole with a screen to allow blowing through the tube with the lid on.

t00fatt,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Tom. Thanks to you and "Pammy Days" for delivering quick. Just got my two new stems, replacement screens, buzz butter, vapor zone t shirt (w/ FC contribution), and my new billy bowl. All nice.

Noticed you changed the stems again. Where you suck used to be like a belly button innie. Now you changed to outties. Any reason? Sorry for bad the analogy.

IAmKrazy2,
Top Bottom