Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
spikyvape said:
So i have some questions about the PD also ;)

I had one for some time but had to sell it, the PD wass very effective with small loads but i
had some things that i wasn't so happy with. But maybe now it is solved ;)

So i noticed the drag of the PD i really had to draw very hard it was not so easy drawing as
on a aromed or ssv.

The other thing i didn't like it the fact that the herbs tasted a bit like wood.

Do most people have this drag and wood taste ?

I am looking for a new delivery system for on the road and for small doses so i would love to
buy a PD again because i love the customer service and love for the product by Tom and Pam..

Thnx ;)
The drag thing can be greatly improved by loosely packing the bowl, and checking airflow before putting stem in unit. If you suck the stuff up like a straw to fill it, only suck lightly. Although herb works best well ground up with the pd (imo) if you grind it up super fine it can affect the airflow (when i re use avb ground up because it becomes really fine i notice it reduces airflow a lot)

The wood taste fades over time, i only got mine a few weeks ago, and i dont notice it now.

In terms of free airflow in comparison to something like the ssv, it probably wont be able to match it, but it still gives a very good vapor to air ratio imo. (more airflow would probably reduce the ratio)

Happycamper,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
The PD is a drag monster, it's just something you have to deal with, even loosely packed, it will pucker most faces up.

I find a bong setup GREATLY reduces the drag, the amount of pull power you get from a tube = win.

Otherwise you can suck up a dose, then let the excess fall off, don't tamp it and hit your PD at an angle.

Chubba,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Chubba said:
The PD is a drag monster, it's just something you have to deal with, even loosely packed, it will pucker most faces up.

I find a bong setup GREATLY reduces the drag, the amount of pull power you get from a tube = win.

Otherwise you can suck up a dose, then let the excess fall off, don't tamp it and hit your PD at an angle.
really? I have not problem taking draws off the PD, use the same amount of effort that I would have used on a cigarette (sometimes slightly less). I have never had the need too hit it any harder than that. Never a puckered face over here, and always get nice huge clouds
the only time I had extreme difficulties with drawing on the PD was when I accidently overground my herb... pretty much wasnt paying attention and turned it almost into dust.

DevoTheStrange,

masejl12

I've never had a drag problem with mine either, a slow constant hit gets me the best vapor anyway :D

masejl12,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
The thing is it can feel like you're not taking anything in at all, to find you exhale the biggets vapor cloud ever :cool:

Happycamper,

willywagtail

Also, even from the same batch of stuff, I had one stem that produced very little vapour after the first draw, which really suprised me because I dont see that much. The next one was the complete opposite, and kept going on forever producing vapour with every draw (it felt like 10) that I was exhausted trying to get it to the point where its "spent". I think the second stem was finer, and that is the difference, as I load both the same (half way, tamped lightly)

edited for :ko:

willywagtail,

Purple-Days

Always looking to improve quality control...

We had a couple of tubes leave here that were too long to fit the cleaning bottle. :uhoh:

This new device (and a stop mark filed into the fence of the chop saw) should stop that from happening again.
n15x0x.jpg

Kiln dried cherry has a bit of odor for a short time. Much shorter (odor) 'break in' than 'green' or PAD woods, and zero 'cure' time to reach proper temps.

Draw pressure is largely related to load size, packing and grind. It's easy to be greedy and over load the bowl. And draw technique plays a role. Since I 'pinch and pack' and use a 'maybe too large load' lots of times, I get that restricted airflow too, but... instead of a diaphram powered 'lung draw', I use the 'Sherlock' method... puff a mouthful, take in and continue to puff. LIke a milk shake, some have described the method. This can be a helpful tech for someone with a limited breathing capacity.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
the PD is the only vape I have that has "minimal effort" when it comes too the draws. all my other ones require a tiny bit more lung effort than my PD. not much. The slower and lighter I draw I get nice thick and full hits. If i try too hit it any harder I actually get tiny almost invisible exhales.

DevoTheStrange,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Yeah. two of my PD stems don't fir in my bottle. Attempted to pound downs the stainless bowl a bit farther with no luck. Very close to fitting, but the lid will never screw on. Any suggestions or fixes Tom? It does make those two stems a hell of a lot harder to clean.

IAmKrazy2,

Purple-Days

Write me and we will fix you up. Just a mm or two and it's a no go on the bottle. Like I say a few sneaked through. That's why I made the pass guage. Won't be happening any more. :cool:

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Started a bit of a comparison in the vape lounge of my new MZ vs. my PD. will be adding and editing often. Give it a look guys.

IAmKrazy2,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Tom, would there be any conceivable adverse effects to fitting a small screen down the tube on the top of the PD unit, up to the crossbar?
It's not 100% necessary, but it's a thought that's been bouncing around my head for a day or two.

sneezyjesus,

thepope

Purple-Days said:
Write me and we will fix you up. Just a mm or two and it's a no go on the bottle. Like I say a few sneaked through. That's why I made the pass guage. Won't be happening any more. :cool:
Tom I thought it was just my second unit I purchaced a pd from vape now and it had new style stems. I didn't want to stir no shit but after reading this i have long stems too .....No pun inteded. Do I email you and Pammy directly ? Or vape now? Bob

thepope,

Purple-Days

Give us a shout. They were all run in the same week. New pass guage and it won't happen again. But, the cleaning bottle is an important part of the kit, tubes need to fit, so we make it right. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Qbit

cannabanana
Purple-Days said:
Give us a shout. They were all run in the same week. New pass guage and it won't happen again. But, the cleaning bottle is an important part of the kit, tubes need to fit, so we make it right. :cool:
Hey Tom, I have one stem which is a few millimetres too long, but I'd be happy to remove the excess myself if you can tell me how to do it - with me in Australia, shipping a single stem back and forth would be a bit silly.

My friend has a well-equipped workshop, and I'd be surprised if he didn't have the necessary tools and machines. I have a feeling that I could probably work it out myself, but I don't want to screw up and wreck a stem by causing a split or something.

EDIT: Thanks Tom, got your message. Doesn't sound too tricky. :)

Qbit,

t00fatt

lord said:
Thanks, Tom! I just received her today. So lovely...
Wow for a new PD she is beautiful, I thought they would be much lighter when new. I guess that buzz butter really works magic!

t00fatt,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Lord that is a very nice shot, the cat looks very similar to one that I had and the wooden head looks pretty cool. Not to mention the PD that looks alright you know ;):lol: hope you have fun.

The_Other_Shoe,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Yeah lord. That is a really nice cherry unit. All the pics are coming out now. I need to take some in some good natural light. Until then.

new026.jpg

Holding Woody.

pdhand1.jpg

Not a great pic but the wood grain is awesome here on the side

pdtray1.jpg

Above with Nugs

32392336.jpg

A little close up

IAmKrazy2,
I ordered my PD a couple of weeks ago, because the ravings on this excellent forum convinced me that it will be a great investment in vaporization.

I'll probably be the first person in Bush Alaska to own a Purple-Dayz come December. Can't wait! It will likely be about -40 F by then. I will have a nice PD to warm my hands with, and some nice herb to make the dark hours of winter a bit brighter. :)

Orange Hairy Mist,

Purple-Days

Hey Orange, welcome to the forum and the family when you officially arrive.
We have a couple of Alaska's and a Yukon Territory. The latest picture added to our growing Customer Photos page (from 'The King") http://purple-days.com/CustomerPhotos.html is from pretty far North, already a foot of snow (one morning) in the boat this fall. :cool:

Purple-Days,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Cool- just saw mine up on your page! :D

And as someone whose hands are always cold- it's a great hand-warmer too- here's to multi-tasking!

indigal,
Top Bottom