Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

You can use the :buzz: Buzz-Butter but wipe it out real good, don't leave any residue after you buff it out.. It's interesting how coarse the herb is, it will polish the inside of the bowl likefine steel wool, with time.

Well it's a new page and let's start it with something good.
2vum06f.jpg

The new laser logo.

It's the same design I drew on Day #1. We use it in our packaging and on our site.

These units are not finish sanded and have no :buzz:

Purple-Days,

Lucic77

Purple-Days said:
You can use the :buzz: Buzz-Butter but wipe it out real good, don't leave any residue after you buff it out.. It's interesting how coarse the herb is, it will polish the inside of the bowl likefine steel wool, with time.
Thanks, Tom.

And like a PD, I assume it will be easier to work in if I warm up the billy bowl a bit as well?

PS - The laser etching looks really good!

Lucic77,

t00fatt

Tom, I have a wood bowl that has been varnished. If I were to sand the inside down with 180 grit, and take off the entire top layer would you say its safe to use for storing my herbs. Once the varnish is gone i will sand with 600 grit to make it smooth again.

t00fatt,

Purple-Days

Thos are some nice pics folks.

Leaozdad got one of the ones out of a figured slab. Not so shabby.

I suppose the answer is... What kind of 'varish' does the bowl have? And if the finish is a penetrating one (wood is pourous), a surface sanding won't really get rid of it. Maybe just best to use as is or get something else like glass.

I really want to see the laser etching done, but don't know if you can actually watch :cool: (view window???)... I'll get Pammy to ask maybe even get a video if it's cool.

Purple-Days,

leozdad

She is pretty isn't she? I love how tight the grain is throughout the entire unit. very nice piece of wood, not to forget the inner workings.......... :peace:

leozdad,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
quite a contrast too look at my PD and see the pic of the un-sanded PD's... amazed by how awesome the wood looks as it ages... I am used too seeing it daily so I didnt realize it had gotten as dark as it has..

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Good to see ya, L, come on in, the water is fine...

Yeah, they are light and the lighting may not be helping much there.

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey L... Your grain looks pretty fine too!! Thanks for sharing :)

Lo,

lwien

Thanks lo. Not as unique as Leoz, but yeah, Tom does some nice work. But then, so does Mother Nature.......... :) .

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Gotta love mother nature! I enjoy seeing all the different grain patterns... They are all beautiful and unique!

Lo,

Purple-Days

Yep, 'Mother Nature', 'bless her', :buzz: that's where all the real beauty and 'art' is.
And diversity... but it seems there is 'selection' too. We make choices, we are 'mother nature' in this modern world (it seems sometimes, till you come to your senses). :2c:

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
We make choices, we are 'mother nature' in this modern world (it seems sometimes, till you come to your senses). :2c:
Don't ya mean, ...till she MAKES you come to your senses. Mother Nature has a way of driving that point home at times. :/

lwien,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
max said:
We both had points. We're clear on them. I never intended to suggest you were trying to offend. Too much in the other direction, if anything, and I just wanted to make it clear we'd prefer to avoid special rules for a particular thread or two. We'll just have to run a tighter ship, unfortunately.
But more on topic, how's the laser logo-etching concept coming along?
The concept, as I recall, has been made a reality. :tup:
What can you do, the forum is growing and maybe stricter rules will help :/

So cool on the laser logo etching, I think it'll give quite the unique look to the feel of the logo.

Purple-Days said:
I'll put up a laser logo picture, in a bit, but Max is right it's here, it's cool, it's done right here in Port Orford. :cool:
Suhweet. It's a shame Pam can't wood burn the logos anymore, but its definitely a cool alternative :cool:

sneezyjesus,

Purple-Days

Yes, L, exactly what I had in mind. Mother Nature with Capitals. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon, or heat lightning on a desert night, standing at the edge of Niagra Falls, or in the middle of a calm ocean or high up on a mountain, by yourself... You never seem so important then.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
....... You never seem so important then.
And that can be a VERY nice feeling. Maybe a bit unsettling at first, and then pure awe takes over.

lwien,

pbmagnet4

Wow... Ive spent the past week looking through posts hoping that it will pass the time till my PD gets here.:p
This is my first (legitimate) vape. So to say the least im excited... very excited... Im not sure if this has been discussed, but could i some how connect my PD to were it would work with a bubbler or bong?

pbmagnet4,

aterphasma

pbmagnet4 said:
Wow... Ive spent the past week looking through posts hoping that it will pass the time till my PD gets here.:p
This is my first (legitimate) vape. So to say the least im excited... very excited... Im not sure if this has been discussed, but could i some how connect my PD to were it would work with a bubbler or bong?
I've heard, though I can't confirm, that the stem of the PD fits almost perfectly into a 14.4mm g-on-g joint. Using it this way with a bong has the added benefit that all your herbs stay down in the bowl. Just make sure the bong is completely clean. Fresh water, clean down stem, clean, clean, clean.

aterphasma,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Wow... Ive spent the past week looking through posts hoping that it will pass the time till my PD gets here.tongue
Definitely go have a look through my water filtered PD experience, I opted for a more complex setup involving whip tubing + a ground glass bong adaptor, worked out better then planned... hits like an absolute champ and VERY intuitive, no upside down PD needed.

vape.jpg

EDIT: Also in regards to burning yourself on the PD a page or two back, you can clearly see how flat/right angled the top of my PD is, you have to intentionally stick a small digit down into the HE to burn yourself.

Chubba,

Jonah Hex

:D:D:D
Nice. Too bad the dark wood option is not available anymore as I would have preferred it.
Cherry is nice too. I just have everything in cherry already. :peace:

Jonah Hex,
Top Bottom