Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Yes 12V at1000 mA is what we suggest, but a higher capacity 1.5A or such will be just fine.

Lower voltage will lower the temp. Higher voltage will raise the temp. The PD is meant to run on 12 volts wall power or on standard car power. Car power (battery) will be about 12.8 volts and when running the alternator puts out just over 13V. Car use will be warmer, but this seems to be offset by much more moving air. Running a PD at higher voltages than a car provides, will shorten the life of the PD. As such you can't expect coverage for any problems. Running on a lower voltage, and lower temps, should cause no problems at all.

Purple-Days,

Qbit

cannabanana
Thanks Tom.

Well, about half an hour ago I gave you another 4-5 hours of work. :D Mind you, the funds transfer is going to take 3-5 days to get to you as it's coming by e-cheque from my bank account, as I don't do credit cards. Now for the worst bit - the waiting. :/ Not complaining though - I know it's part of the deal. :)

Qbit,

Purple-Days

For some reason the MSC bookmarks aren't working. I'll get my parts numbers out later (Pammy will) and we will look. I think they are .028" but not positive about that.

Purple-Days,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
kalinga said:
Tom, what's the exact size of the retaining snap-ring inside each vapor tubes?
I removed both of my clips and use just the screen on it's own, it fits very snugly and your hits will be much easier to pull due to less air flow restriction caused by the clips. Your stem screen will also stay much cleaner and not narrow up so quickly.

DeepFried,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DeepFried said:
kalinga said:
Tom, what's the exact size of the retaining snap-ring inside each vapor tubes?
I removed both of my clips and use just the screen on it's own, it fits very snugly and your hits will be much easier to pull due to less air flow restriction caused by the clips. Your stem screen will also stay much cleaner and not narrow up so quickly.
How about emptying the stem? I had a stem that lost the clip without me knowing it. It ended up getting blown out with the duff every time and I had to get it back in there.

stickstones,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
DeepFried said:
wow I only use one clip (the bottom one)....didn't know it could stick in there with the screen only. I'll have to check that out. Do you use different screens other than the stock screens provided? I do and I find it helps with airflow a bit.

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stickstones said:
How about emptying the stem? I had a stem that lost the clip without me knowing it. It ended up getting blown out with the duff every time and I had to get it back in there.
So far so good, the screens are a bit bigger than the stem and when you take it out the screen will be shaped like a frisbee.. sort of domed a bit. I clean the screen first in iso being careful not to flatten out the dome shape and then insert it back into the stem sideways a bit before flipping it so that the underside of the frisbee is facing the mouth part of the stem. Then push it home using something the exact or as close as you can get to the inside diameter of the pd stem. The ridge will stop the screen at the perfect location. I use the key from the chuck of a drill to push the screen back in as it is a perfect fit. This tight fit is the key to the whole process, without a perfect sized pusher the screen will bend back down the wall of the tube and won't stay tight.

Hennessy1414 said:
wow I only use one clip (the bottom one)....didn't know it could stick in there with the screen only. I'll have to check that out. Do you use different screens other than the stock screens provided? I do and I find it helps with airflow a bit.
right now I only used the original screens but I would like to try the screen that comes in the Extremes elbow. I just need to figure out how to cleanly punch out a screen the same size as the stock one. Which screens are the best that you used?.

DeepFried,

kalinga

Purple-Days said:
I'll get my parts numbers out later (Pammy will) and we will look. I think they are .028" but not positive about that.
Is it .028 or .28 inch? .028 seems too small :peace:

kalinga,

Purple-Days

Sorry, yes .28", just over a quarter inch. Pammy has a 'pusher' and that is a key to getting the screens set. Scissors will cut a new screen if you have some material.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Free Outside Diameter 0.280"

Yes, but they are almost $20 for 25 pieces.

I bet you can pick up a few at the local auto parts store lots cheaper. ;) Or check with us for a screen replacement kit (with clips).

Purple-Days,

graywulf

My PD has some surface scratches and I was wondering what a good sandpaper grit would be for the Cherry hardwood. I was planning on 400.

graywulf,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Cherry is a wonderful wood to work ... 400 will do a fine job. The surface becomes as smooth as glass. Very, very nice. i love cherry. When it is exposed to heat, it develops a rich warm color as the sap (i'm guessing) migrates through the wood, or maybe it "carmelizes".

Hippie Dickie,

Purple-Days

Depends on the depth of the scratch, is about as close as I can get. 400 won't get much done. 150 can get a lot done. 100 and lower and you are shaping. So unless you have run over it with a truck ;) I would say 150 or 220 to start then finer as you see fit. 320 then 400 even.

Fold a sheet of sandpaper in half and cut/tear it in two. Fold those pieces in half and cut into quarter sheets. This is the most useful size and folded in half gives you a non slip back for hand sanding. Finish sanding is done with the grain so use strokes from bottom to top around the leather and up and down in general on the main body.

Buzz-Butter can be applied after you have a finish you desire. Wipe on (use your hands, it's all natural), then wipe off with a cloth and buff to a mellow shine.

Hippie Dickie, my understanding is, Cherry changes color with age due to oxidation, not heat or sap. Lots of furniture makers like to use unstained cherry for this reason. It ages.

Purple-Days,

muttnik

Salut les gars.
I'm a french vaporist (ssv owner), And those 135 pages (:o) sent me a simple message, a simple conclusion: I want it !
I'm happy with my whip, but sometimes it's hard to use with people who don't know about vapes or who don't use MJ.
I have a lot of of friends who don't like MJ and you can be sure that when I use my ssv, they look at me like an alien with is food provider... and I'm tired about jokes.
In France, the vaporization is not kwown, and people doesn't believe that I'm using it for health, and not only to have a better high. (but I don't spit on better high...:brow:)
But ,for my other buddys who enjoy the stuff, it is really perfect, everybody love it.
So, I think the low profile style of the PD would be a great thing for me, my desk wouldn't look like a klingon's desk anymore, what is really a good thing (when the mailman comes in, for example).
About the efficience, I don't know and I'm curious, Because when I vape alone I use very small amount in my ssv, and I find it really efficient.... so if the PD is better...
And the most important thing, I watched Tom's videos and this is one big reason for me to buy a PD.
I'm a craftsman too, And I understand how he works and I want to support that... that's great !
so, Tom, this is a message for you: I sent you mails but you look to busy to answer, or I've got a wrong adress?... Anyway I thought that I could reach you via this forum...
I hope this is not an issue.
A bientot.
Muttnik.

muttnik,

Purple-Days

Salut Muttnik,
Just looked and I see your e-mail, but not the last one(s). Not sure what happened, but Pammy will reply to your inquiry when she gets up for the day. She handles most e-mail. Glad you enjoyed the videos.

You might be surprised at how many French are informed about vapor. Outside North America, France is right behind Australia in PD sales. It's funny, plenty of French customers, but not one German or Italian. Maybe the French speak/read more English and are more informed?

Purple-Days,

vap999

Purple-Days said:
Free Outside Diameter 0.280"
Are special retainer clip pliers needed to insert the clips? Or can they be compressed and inserted using using ones fingers, pliers or other standard tools?

vap999,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Vap999 - Are special retainer clip pliers needed to insert the clips? Or can they be compressed and inserted using using ones fingers, pliers or other standard tools?
:2c: You can put them in carefully by sizing them with your fingers (they should be flat and have a slight gap) and place them in gently with the assistance of a pushpin or a paperclip--by working your way around the edge until it is stopped by the slight ridge that you can fee on the outside as well (that pushpin comes in handy in general).

Tom (or someone else) may know of a readily-available tool that would make it easier for one with unsteady hands.

Side note: The hole puncher died after only making 23 screens and 3 deformed ones. :| New hole puncher from the dollar store didn't even make one that was usable. :/ Looks like it is back to the scissors. :lol:

Progress,

Purple-Days

Yep, I can squeeze them by hand. Pammy uses a small set of needlenose to compress the diameter. I have never seen a clip plier that small. A dowel or 'ramrod'of some sort will set the clip after you get it started.

Purple-Days,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Progress said:
.....and place them in gently with the assistance of a pushpin or a paperclip--by working your way around the edge until it is stopped by the slight ridge that you can fee on the outside as well (that pushpin comes in handy in general).

Tom (or someone else) may know of a readily-available tool that would make it easier for one with unsteady hands.
I use my glass stem that I use as a mouth piece with my PD. Pics are in this thread....but god knows what page. Here I'll refresh y'all
IMG_0335.jpg

I take the non taped side of that glass stem and use it to evenly push the screen down into a stem. A pointed tool has a greater likelihood of poking the screen out of place, or even worse, bending it :o I remember Tom referring to a tool like mine (defiantly not glass though), if memory serves me correct, that allowed him to insert a screen with a tool that pushed it down very similar to mine.

Just find a narrow tube that fits inside the metal tip of a pd stem and your golden :tup: its all about distributing even pressure when inserting such a small screen

Progress said:
Side note: The hole puncher died after only making 23 screens and 3 deformed ones. :| New hole puncher from the dollar store didn't even make one that was usable. :/ Looks like it is back to the scissors. :lol:
Hole puncher defiantly sounds stoner friendly, but why is taking the metal clip and cutting out a screen around it such a hard thing to do :/ Just get any stainless steel screen and cut it to the size of those round clips that sandwich the original screen. Has worked excellently for me. I never use the clips btw....only thing keeping the screen in place is a perfect fit, and all the resin building around the edges :lol:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

kalinga

Tom, any new vids in the making?

Purple-Days said:
Outside North America, France is right behind Australia in PD sales. It's funny, plenty of French customers, but not one German or Italian.
Can we get an update on your list of international PD customers/family? :peace:

kalinga,

willywagtail

Chubba said:
Qbit, check out ANZ visa debit also.

Takes 1 week to setup, get your card and activate... I got my exclusively for vapes, so simple (and safe).

Mine took 2 weeks/2 days (to Australia) from the day I ordered, I was quoted 2 weeks lead time... Tom completed it in just over a week, then 7 days international shipping.

I'll be very interested to read your review :D

For power supply, Jaycar is the best shop in Australia for that type of stuff. I got a 12V DC 1.5A for $19.95, works a treat.
I received the Purple days in 2 weeks and 2 days also !! and I'm in brisbane. It works a charm, and I'll be ordering another one as soon as I save the funds. My mum has only had 2 cigarettes in the last two days since having the pd, and that's truly a miracle as she really doesent have any self control.

Thanks heaps Pammy and Tom, you have no idea how happy you have made me watching my mum use the purple days and not having to worry about her continuing to damage her lungs.

Thanks a heap!!!!

willywagtail,

Purple-Days

Willywagtail, we love to hear reports like that one. It really keeps us going. Best wishes to your Mum. :)

Kalinga I posted the Fourth of July vids over in the Vapor Spam Thread. Before you find the new PD build vids I better post them here with a bit of intro.

This is final trimming of the blocks in prep for the lathe. They start as slabs, get choppede to shape, then PET. That's a lumberman's abrev. for Precision End Trimmed. Square and exact length.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJP_oZpwwk0

This one is the vapor tubes. They start as 1/2" #5 PP rods, 8 feet long. Food grade of course. They are drilled to make a tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Cw6fMa8A0

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom