Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
You've got a good point about daytime access to a computer Manda. I've recently pointed out that problem to Vapenow. We'll see if it's feasible for them do some night time selling. It would have to be around 9 o'clock Eastern time to be of any benefit to those on the west coast, so it would probably require night work for someone (Vapenow is in Vermont). We'll see if they can do anything in this area.

nobilo said:
If months and months go by and all US customers are soured by the ordering process......then all the good will that Tom has built with his customers will be tarnished.
Yes, I'm sure ALL North American customers will get fed up and ALL the 'good will' will be gone. Should happen any time now. :lol: You keep saying this as if repeating it will make it come true, or you're hoping to manipulate Tom into changing his policy. Either way, it's clear to some of us, at least, that the present system works for both companies, and allows them time to take care of building vapes, in Tom's case, and selling product (of which the PD is only a small part), in Vapenow's case. They're even posting tracking numbers now, to help narrow down the selling time. Yet we're still hearing the same doom and gloom predictions, and suggestions that require much more work for the builder and/or seller, just to make the buying process simple and easy for buyers. When it's a seller's market, buyers normally don't get any breaks at all. When there's a waiting list all over for a particular car model, the dealers usually raise the price above the sticker price. Vapenow could easily take the eBay route and make the same additional $75 profit that the auction sellers made this month. I'm sure at least some people are grateful Vapenow's price is $180 instead of $250+.

spyder said:
Keep rocking the boat and soon it will take on water...Waiting list is probably the best solution
Once again, the buyer wants it all his way in a seller's market. A waiting list is not gonna happen.

vapesalot said:
I would love to propose alternatives, but I think that will reduce the main message I want you to receive..which is->There are people who want nothing more than to buy YOUR product and YOUR service because of how exceptional it is, but are considering walking away due to the time and effort required to even get a potential chance to own one.
Good post vapesalot, but the bottom line is that Tom's current policy provides the maximum number of PDs that he can supply. Any changes he makes to benefit potential buyers would just cut into production time. And since he's not willing to tell Vapenow how to do business, I'd say he's fine with people buying another model instead. There is no way, other than hiring unqualified workers (which destroys the little profit there is in a 4 hr. build time), that he can meet demand any time soon. And if Vapenow has to go to extra lengths to make it even easier on buyers, their profit could dwindle as well. Time is money, and the PD is just one product for Vapenow, and I'm sure it's not their biggest profit maker either.

max,

vapesalot

Thats a great point, Max. I don't know why I hadn't thought of it that way. Tom's responsibility is to build as many PDs as he can, and it sounds like he is actively working to make that a reality. The last thing I would want is for him to hire unqualified workers - I want to purchase this product because TOM is making it.

After reviewing this thread and the overall situation, I'm in agreement. When supply is low and demand is high, you either inflate the price (which I am SOOO grateful they haven't gone this route) or you can leave the price reasonable and force buyers to do their best to get one.

I stood outside in the rain for hours to get my hands on a Nintendo Wii.....Why didn't Best buy (or other retailers) just have a waiting list?

For all of the same reasons Tom has already mentioned. After thinking through this again, I think I have to join the crowd who believes 'it is what it is'. I know it kind of sucks - but it is better than the alternatives. It's not Vapenow's fault, it DEFINATELY isn't Tom's fault - It's purely the thing anyone learns the first week in a Microeconomics classroom -> The basic concepts of supply and demand.

I am still wondering if there is some sort of middle-ground, but I'm at a loss for what it would be. What we do know is there is 2 more shipments on their way to Vapenow as we speak...I'm just grateful their continues to be more opportunities to pick one up. Happy Hunting!

vapesalot,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Ok i want to point these ideas to VapeNow:

1. You got an email from me not long ago suggesting that you receive the package, announce you have received it and that it will be going on sale the next day at a certain time.

Id like to see if anyone can build on the above idea.

2. What if you guys announce that you will be selling PDs 2 times a month at certain times on certain days. That way you can build up a little bit of stock, but the customers still know exactly when the sale is going to happen, no refreshing, no tracking page.. just looking on the Purple Days page, seeing that they will be going onsale xx/xx at 5:00 PM.

I beleive the above suggestions will make it so that people can "get in line" for their chance at being quick on the spot because everyone knows exactly when its going to go on sale.

Tell me what you think.

Survivalism,

hub

Survivalism,

I suggested those same things to Vapenow directly through e-mail and to Tom in this thread. Neither thought it was a good idea or gave it consideration.

And to vapesalot, yes you stood in line for the Wii and you knew exactly when they would be available. You didn't have to spend every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday wandering around Best Buy all day checking the Wii shelf in hopes that Best Buy would restock as you were standing there. Neither did you have to track Best Buy's inventory shipment yourself and then wait around all day once you knew they were delivered to be put on the shelf at some indiscriminate time.

BTW, have I missed the window today as well? The tracking shows delivered at 9 this morning. Vapenow hasn't crossed off that tracking number. It's now 7 ET. Any chance they might be posted today?

hub,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I hope that vapenow decides to give the ideas some more consideration.. making the customers sit around all day wasting their time is the problem here.

Eliminate that by giving a set time and day, it doesnt even have to be the same day every week. Just announce it on the website / forum a day or so before hand that they will be going on sale at a certain time at a certain date.

Survivalism,

hub

Survivalism said:
I hope that vapenow decides to give the ideas some more consideration.. making the customers sit around all day wasting their time is the problem here.

Eliminate that by giving a set time and day, it doesnt even have to be the same day every week. Just announce it on the website / forum a day or so before hand that they will be going on sale at a certain time at a certain date.
Completely agree. Why Vapenow thinks this is a remotely acceptable solution is beyond me. Yes, they respond to emails, but that doesn't mean that they are equipped with a sensible, realistic ordering situation for the PD. I can't believe that the best they could come up with is to post the tracking numbers. They don't mean shit, as demonstrated today. 9AM delivery, random ass time availability. There is no logic.

I got involved in this debacle as it began, and at this point, I don't care how wonderful the PD is if they can't make a solution that is easy on the customers as well as Tom. I'm not supporting the ebay scalpers, but then I'm not devoting any of my time to the shenanigans at vapenow. For me, the Purple Days has become personal vaporware.

hub,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
Sooooo that delivery at 9am?? Have they even sold that batch yet??

Edit: I ask this because they have crossed off the 4418 tracking number but they haven't crossed off the 4425 tracking number that was delivered this morning at 9am apparently.

HeyHeyMandaKay,

Purple-Days

Hub says, "I suggested those same things to Vapenow directly through e-mail and to Tom in this thread. Neither thought it was a good idea or gave it consideration."

actually Hub I think a set time of day makes sense. No sense refreshing at 5pm if you know the set time is 7PM. But, since I don't run Vapenow, it's not for me to judge if it's a good idea for them. It's not up to me to consider.

Purple-Days,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
Is my refresh button working or has the 4425 number been sold yet??

Edit: Since waking up at 6:30 this morning so I could watch the vapenow.com page, I have decided that 1 of 3 things maybe happening.
a) Vapenow.com has sold the 4425 tracking number shipment and hasn't crossed it off the list yet, unknowingly, and because he hasn't I've been glued to this page letting my finger get tired of clicking refresh...for nothing.
b) The 4425 shipment has come but they're not planning on selling it until the 4258 shipment comes in, and since no one has said anything about HOW they're selling this I'm wasting my time thinking that at ANY POSSIBLE SECOND the shipment could be posted.
c) Vapenow knows that I'm going crazy and starting to twitch and tweak out from staring at their website so damn long and finds it so hilarious that they aren't going to do anything just so they can keep watching me go nuts.

HeyHeyMandaKay,

dankity

i really want a purple days. gonna be my first vape, not first to use but first for myself. and after everything ive read. its worthy of being my first. and supplementing with portability of the launch box.
BUT this whole tracking number availabilty thing on vapenow is really frustrating me. i knew they sold/sell like phish reunion tickets, but at least those hippies give you a heads up WHEN EXACTLY they will be sold.
I SECOND the set time and day idea. I WANT ONE REALLY BAD AS DO MANY OF YOU. i appreciate the effort to let us know when they will be available but frankly the current system is confusing and basically worthles......:2c:

dankity,

nobodyever

Why don't you open a pre-order page, take everyone's money with a realistic lead date. Then hire a professional wood worker to help meet demands.

Heck, even raise the price to $200 to help cover the cost.

The longer you wait the more people grow inpatient and lose interest. You have a vibrant market ready for a product, man up and give the people what they want.

nobodyever,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the forum NObodyever.

Man up? :lol: :o :D You registered to say that? :lol:

Anyway you don't seem to understand business, or the costs of doing business.

Hire a professional woodworker? I've probably been messing with wood professionally longer than you have been around. Not to mention electronics and plumbing.

Go ahead and grow inpatient... We don't want to serve inpatient people, that's why we gave up the North American market. Too many Inpatient people, like you.

Unfortunately that also meant giving up contact with a lot of very interesting and wonderful folks too. :/

We like it the way it is. You need to move on or become more patient. In time things will iron out. Meantime there are several fine vapes to be had.

Purple-Days,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
So, no one has any idea whats going on over at Vapenow?

Like are they going to wait all the way till Wednesday?

HeyHeyMandaKay,

nobilo

Go ahead and grow inpatient... We don't want to serve inpatient people, that's why we gave up the North American market. Too many Inpatient people, like you.
You still control the US market as you dictate to Vapenow how they sell the device. Is it your policy that there be no waiting list....have you given them the option to decide for themselves?

This has got to be the best post in the thread so far. You are willing to give up the US market because Americans are too impatient. Folks in the US are what have allowed you to expand and build your shop, what percentage of business do they account for? If you only want to cater to those fine and patient Europeans and such.....that's fine, but don't expect statements like this to win you popularity. Like it has been said here....congratulations, you have an awesome product that is the finest in its category/division of vape.....find a solution for the US marketplace. If the supply continues to exceed the demand like this.....and you REALLY don't care about US customers, that is sad. Your product is made in the USA.....so few quality products are. You have produced the finest small efficient vape on the planet...and you don't care to promote or make a fair purchasing system for the US. There goes your great customer service reputation.

PS: Folks have been patient Tom....some have been waiting here in the US to purchase the vape for two months now....and have been spending lots of time refreshing and attempting to get the device.....with no end in sight at the moment.

Cheers

nobilo,

HiC

Purple-Days said:
Man up? :lol: :o :D You registered to say that? :lol:
:lmao: I'm just wondering, has saying "Man up" worked on anyone ever? Has anyone actually gotten a man to do something by challenging his manliness in such a fashion? All I can say to the weirdos who use that phrase is... Man up, my ass!

HiC,

max

Out to lunch
nobilo said:
You still control the US market as you dictate to Vapenow how they sell the device.
Not true, as he's stated more than once. He doesn't tell vapenow how to sell.

I'm sure PD sales will drop dramatically any time now, as Tom's customer service rep takes a dive. :lol:

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
A lot of you guys are missing the bottom line here...Tom doesn't care if it takes you a while to get his vape. He's not committed to every home being able to enjoy a PD. In fact, I think he DOESN'T want a PD in every home because then there would be quite a few assholes enjoying his handiwork.

Tom is a man who enjoys life, his wife and his weed. He also enjoys being a carpenter, so he makes vapes for himself and friends. He only started doing this as a business about a year ago at the insistence of his friends who enjoy the vape. He so loves making these for his friends that he is not interested in making them for people who rub him the wrong way. He clearly is not interested in making much money with it or he would be charging much more. And the bottom line of all that is that he isn't going to take his life in a direction he doesn't want for the sake of the PD. He lives a modest, comfortable (for him) life and has no desire to change that either. (BTW, all this is my opinion and Tom can correct anything here as he sees fit.)

So if you want a vaporizer, there are plenty of them out there. You can buy any number of vapes right now with no wait at any number of locations and websites. If you must have a PD, be prepared to wait awhile. And if you are not very patient, I would suggest not getting a PD. Don't read the PD thread or this availability thread. You will desire whatever you put in front of your face, so which thread you read is your choice. I recommend reading the Extreme, Iolite, LaunchBox, Myrtlezap or VRIP VHW threads, as they are all good units and can be readily had...and their respective threads will create a hunger in you for them just like the PD thread does.

For the record, I think the current ordering system sucks and would never try to buy something in that fashion. I once ran the operations for a mail-order publishing company and we just used the tried and true back order system. But this call is Vapenow's. If you want to try and change things, complain to Vapenow through email. Tell them you are only going to use another site like Vaporgiant or whatever, until they get this remedied. But you guys can quit complaining to Tom about it because he has removed this decision from his plate and I don't think he cares how it gets resolved. Bitching to Tom about this is like pissing in the wind.

Go forth and vape!

stickstones,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
Its not customer service that's the problem, Tom has helped anybody thats had any problem with their PD. Its the way sales is being conducted that is insufficient at the moment.

Any updates on how this sale is happening?? I've still been watching the page with no change and no updates. It says right there on the vaoenow page that "If tracking numbers are posted and the status of the package IS delivered, it means that PDs will be listed shortly or that they have already been listed and are still available." Well they say they've been delivered a few days ago and weren't posted shortly afterwards or listed at all so far, unless he's sold then and hasn't crossed those tracking numbers off. So wtf is up?

Nobody has a clue?

HeyHeyMandaKay,

Beezleb

The issue is sour but this is also vaporizer forum and not a purple days forum. I think it is one thing to enforce the no ask in the PD thread but that it is a other thing to remove it from its own thread where you know what the topic is about.

The availability issue is a weak point in the PD universe but that does not mean we should remove the discussion wholly from the board that may play a role in a persons decision in getting one.

I am against removing the availability thread but for keeping the PD thread clean of it which if I am not mistaken has been done. So I dont think anything needs to change but since when did that matter hehe.

I believe FC should be and is largely neutral and be about the vapist first, but that is hardly my call. Speak the good, but also speak the not so good and speak of it all, otherwise we be nothing but shills for our vape of choice. There are already sites that do that and people come here because that is not what we are.

Beezleb,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom